Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs (14763 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / Buhari And Service Chiefs In Crucial Meeting / Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by naijaking1: 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Who is more senior a Lt. General or a Major General?

Lt Gene. is more senior. It also means that since the new army chief is a maj. general all the lt. general and above will be retired.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by presido1: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2010
This thread says it all for the Onovo case. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-480263.0.html
hope they arrest him like balogun.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2010
naijaking1:

Lt Gene. is more senior. It also means that since the new army chief is a maj. general all the lt. general and above will be retired.

exactly and I don't think this is the first time this has happened in Nigerian history.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by whizkid10(m): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2010
Asshole Dickhead OnoVo is gone 2 his village to farm, the Aba bois shud let him have a kidnapp test, just maybe, when he re-incarnates he'll be serious in his appiontment eVen if he'lL just be a pure water seller, HIP hip HURRAY EBELE JONATHAN, WHO DA CAP FIT MAKE HIM WEAR AM, OGINI? THIS NA OUR PAPA LAND,

wink cheesy
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Mamajama(m): 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2010
This is nonsense. We keep putting bandage over our wounds without treating the wound. I have been saying it for years after my father retired from the force. Nigeria security issues is parasites devouring its pre and we need to address the root cause before firing and replacing people of valor and preparing them for failure. What can the new service chiefs accomplish without the necessary equipment, ammunition and transportation?

I don’t care who you put at the helms of affairs at the police. They will still be ineffective as long as they don’t have the necessary tool to succeed
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by MyJoe: 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Who even cares if an igbo man is the president. I dont know why some people desperately need that. As long as we are in charge of the economy and cash flow, others can entertain themselves with ruler-ship.  If not for anything, for sake of power balance.
I don't think Igbos are in charge of the Nigerian economy. Why do you think so, sir?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by saintchux(m): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2010
As an Igbo, today is one of the sad day in my life.

I was not happy with Onovo which happen to come from my senatorial zone because of the rate of crime in the south east. I thought that with Onovo as IGP he will at least reduce the crime level in the south east. From Onitsha to Enugu you will see more than 100 police check point all collecting money from motorist. posting a police man in the eastern part of the country is like getting job in shell. They are there to make money.

Am so disappointed that the first time an Igbo man is becoming IGP he performed woefully. Look at Barth nnaji, ngozi okonji-iwuala, Soludo, Akunyili etc that are making the Igbo's proud

I pray that the new army chief will not disappoint us too.

onye_ngbu:

^^^ that is quite hilarious. grin

@post, even though I have also wanted an igbo person to be an army chief, this move by GEJ is simply a move to counteract IBB's igbo-will-take-over-in-2015 rubbish.

Who even cares if an igbo man is the president. I dont know why some people desperately need that. As long as we are in charge of the economy and cash flow, others can entertain themselves with ruler-ship.  If not for anything, for sake of power balance.

Igbo person being there is not the most important thing but a good igbo person, unlike the  Onovo disgrace.

Is IBB sharing or dashing Igbo's presidency, does it belong to him?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Gekko(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2010
Garbage in Garbage out, the recycling never ends. undecided Our politicians should be in the sanitation business.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by playmode(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2010
macfarland:

What IBB, Buhari and co refused to give to the Ibos since the end of civil war, now GEJ has done. Iboman is the new chief of Army staff. Nigerian is really in a new era making progress and moving away from long years of decay, anarchy, sectionalism and backwardness. We say NO! to any coup plotter, military dictator or old breed politician to draw the Nation 30years backward again as president. 2011 election will be the threshold of avalanche of a new crop of leadership to help shape the country for the 21st century. Already GEJ has demonstrated he is one of such leaders the Lord has for Nigeria, a visionary, humble, sincere, non-occultic and amiable leader who from all purposes is an epitome of good governance and responsible leadership. Let's support GEJ's effort for the New Nigerian Project!

I am always disappointed when i see comments like this on Nairaland because it reminds me that as Nigerians our minds are still not in the right place. So because Good4nothin Jonathief made an Iboman the Army chief ,he has done something good for the Igbos How does appointing an Igboman as army chief feed million of hungry Nigerians or treat millions of sick Nigerians who are dying in our hospitals because Jonathan and his governors prefer to stash our nation's wealth in swiss bank accounts. Finally how does him appointing an Igbo man as army chief benefit YOU in particular

Dude when will tribally blinded guys like you wake up and realize that tribalism belongs to the older generation and not ours. As far as i can tell Jonathief is an incompetent president who lacks simple progressive ideas to move Nigeria forward. Even my maid can rule Nigeria better than him.

This is the same president who has been in office for about 8 months but has not drawn any concrete plan to tackle Nigeria’s power problem.First he tried to fool us by making himself minister of power only to change and tell us stories a few months down the line. Please name one visible achievement Jonatheif has made since he came into power. Just 1? As it is now, Nigeria is worth nothing. We no longer matter in the world, we fool ourselves into thinking that we are the giant of Africa but in reality we are the joke of Africa. Countries like Eritrea , Angola ,DRC ,Seychelles ,Namibia ,Botswana even Zimbabwe have better infrastructure than us. Check out foreign media reports about the upcoming elections and you will bury your head in shame.

Jonathief lacks the ideas, the charisma, the etiquette, the diligence, the honesty, the heart and authority to lead our nation to greater heights. He lacks the ability to brainstorm new ideas that is genuinely geared towards solving our nation’s problems. Jonathief is a PDP puppet who does the party’s bidding to the detriment of our citizens. Take a look at Ghana and see how they are reforming policies everyday to improve their citizens lives and standing in the world. Ghana currently boasts the fastest internet speed in Africa. Middle class people in Ghana are able to afford simple luxuries like LCD screens because their local currency exchange rate to the dollar is reasonable unlike ours.

Our manufacturing industry is dead , our fishing industry in the Niger delta has been wiped out by oil companies. Our tourism industry is pathetic. Apart from Lagos where fashola has done an “ok” job, Jonathief has done absolutely nothing to improve the infrastructure of Nigeria either at state level or federal level. He has done absolutely nothing to improve the lives of Nigerians in the past 8 months. Tell me how many JOBS has Jonathan’s Government created in the past 8 months? When he came into power we were fooling ourselves saying it was divine intervention, now I know it was Satan’s intervention. Jonathan has wasted more money in 8 months that yara dua did in 2 years What does that tell you ? 60 Billion for independence celebration and foolish people are still saying he came him by divine intervention. Are you people now saying that God is wicked or that GOD hates Nigeria ?

This is the same guy that is being referred to as a university lecturer. He makes use of facebook almost everyday but is not intelligent enough to float an official website for the Federal Government of Nigeria or the office of the presidency.If he can spend billions on indepence celbration why can he spend $500 a month to host beautiful federal Government website for the whole world to see and have easy access to local information about our nation.Does inec even have a website? As usual Aso rock is a hidden enclave because he and his cronies do not want the world to see where all the corruption goes on. A government that is faceless. Look at the USA or England , the white house is visible to everyone around the world as the united states’ seat of power. In England, number 10 Downing Street is visible for everyone to see but Nigeria government is situated in shadows and myths. No Media house in the world has been allowed to show the presidential base “Aso Rock”.

And that b.i.tch akinluyi is talking of rebranding, a nation that is rebranding with a faceless government or without 5 star hotels ,5 star resorts ,24 electricity , good roads , educated workforce , manufacturing firms , foreign media ads , dedicated PR bureau e.t.c what are we rebranding? A Corpse? Nigeria as a nation is dead and unless we stop fooling ourselves ,it will stay dead.

Our economy is already crippled but Jonathief and his cronies have done absolutely nothing new in the past 8 months to boost foreign investor confidence in our country. We are not progressing instead we are regressing. I can teach jonatheif a thing or two about providing basic amenities for Nigerians and I am just a simple fellow with a simple Bachelor degree.

I saddens me that Nigerians still think like slaves in this day and age, where is the spirit of revolution. We should not encouraging criminals like Jonathief to leads us , we should protest countrywide and make people like Jonathief resign. We need new and young leaders and we must be ready to support these young leaders who are blessed with fresh reformed ideas that will put us back on the global stage and help us move forward.

Just look at our population ,150 mill, if jonathan had a brain he would have formulated policies that will be geared toward population control to ensure food security for our future generation. If we continue to grow at the rate we are growing ,our land will become like Sudan because their will be way too many mouths to feed and few resources to achieve that.

I weep for my nation because I see disaster in our future at the rate we are going, it is time for all of us to wake and stop the “follow follow” attitude. Jonathief ,IBB ,Buhari and they rest are all birds of the same feather. They do not have the interest of the common man at heart. We need a revolution , either by protests ,by riots or by violence otherwise we will not be free. The time for talking is over. We need brave and patriotic Nigerians to bring the corrupt ones down.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by onyengbu1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2010
saintchux:

Is IBB sharing or dashing Igbo's presidency, does it belong to him?

You never know. Some fools are already buying that load of crap.

MyJoe:

I don't think Igbos are in charge of the Nigerian economy. Why do you think so, sir?
I thought so because the igbos are the one doing most of the trading, production and own more financial institutions in the country.

Nigerias economy is very dependent on imported commodities and all the other things I mentioned above and igbo people are in control of them and that was why i believe igbo is in control of our economy.

I might be wrong though.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by rhymz(m): 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2010
This is a strategic move that will see the announcement of his interest to run for the president.
Am sure GEJ is trying to avoid a situation where these Army Chiefs of northern extraction will match soldier boys to Aso Rock and force him to sign a document that will see him end his tenure after 2010.
Remember what these same men did during the Yaradua/KSA saga, these men undermined his authority and usurped his position and sent over 300 soldiers in the thick of the night( serious take over style). They did not stop there, they further made sure he didnot see the Vagetables while they map out strategies to make sure he did not become president. IBB, himself had a record for doing thesame, the desperado overthrew his boss while he was away to attend an Ecowas meeting or so.
It must have dawned on GEJ that since the election timetable was already out, it was only a matter of time, he would make that decision he has been avoiding. And the wise thing to do especially at this critical time that he would be announcing his intention any time soon was to first remove these men whom I suspect may connive with IBB and repeat ugly history. Right move GEJ.
As for the guy thanking him for choosing an igbo man as chief that is so Naive. First GEJ knows at the moment that he can only afford trusted senior officials at the helms of affairs, it is not just because he is igbo alone but also coz he can be trusted and at thesame time swing goodwill and eventually votes from the SE to him, it is more of political expediency and calculation than appeasement. Besides, dont you see that he was wise enough to make sure every region was represented even the north.
Onovo was an embarrassing endeavour, a wasted slot for the igbos, imagine the IGP's own region being riddled with crime and yet he could not do anything to stop it. No sense of urgency or proactive measures to tackle the problem. The most annoying was the case of a boy in Enugu his home state who was kidnapped for over a year by men of the Nigerian police, the !diot was petitioned by the boy's parent, he could not do nada instead he allowed the deputy senate president Ike Ekweremadu(who also is 4rm Enugu) to prevail on him to release the prime suspect who was a police officer notorious for conniving with politician to do their bid. He only became alight when Jonathan threatened him after some journalists were kidnapped. Let's just keep our fingers crossed the battle has only just begun. Do you all notice the order of the elections time table, national assemblies election followed by presidential elections then state assemblies and finally guber. This is going to be interesting. I see more bad abt IBB emanating soön, it's high time GEJ started playing dirty if realy he is serious to run. I see this thread generating enormous traffic. . Lol
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2010
I wanted to avoid all the ethnic spat but just wanna help set the records straight for those getting excersized over this appointment.

Paul Dike and Onovo were Igbos, they were removed and only Ihejirika was appointed among service chiefs.

Now I am not offended by this. I don't even care if nobody from the South East gets appointed at this time.

I just want to set the records straight for those who want to spin this into some political connotations.

Jonathan has not done anything special for SouthEast. 2 Igbo service chiefs were removed and one was re-appointed.

So everyone should treat this with the indifference it deserves. People should stop reading too much into military appointments.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by onyengbu1(m): 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2010
@playmode,

your post is rather too long to comment on but you should just take it easy on Jonathan.

Tell me who has done better in Nigeria. And who told you that he 'has not drawn any proper plan to tackle Nigeria’s power problem'?
Do you even listen to news at all?

If you are saying that he has not started implementing, that will be different but when you say that he is yet to come up with a plan, it becomes obvious that you are not abreast with what is going on in the country.

As for one achievement: I no longer queue to fuel my car and I buy petrol at 64 naira since Jonathan happened.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2010
rhymz:

This is a strategic move that will see the announcement of his interest to run for the president.
Am sure GEJ is trying to avoid a situation where these Army Chiefs of northern extraction will match soldier boys to Aso Rock and force him to sign a document that will see him end his tenure after 2010.
Remember what these same men did during the Yaradua/KSA saga, these men undermined his authority and usurped his position and sent over 300 soldiers in the thick of the night( serious take over style). They did not stop there, they further made sure he didnot see the Vagetables while they map out strategies to make sure he did not become president. IBB, himself had a record for doing thesame, the desperado overthrew his boss while he was away to attend an Ecowas meeting or so.
It must have dawned on GEJ that since the election timetable was already out, it was only a matter of time, he would make that decision he has been avoiding. And the wise thing to do especially at this critical time that he would be announcing his intention any time soon was to first remove these men whom I suspect may connive with IBB and repeat ugly history. Right move GEJ.
As for the guy thanking him for choosing an igbo man as chief that is so Naive. First GEJ knows at the moment that he can only afford trusted senior officials at the helms of affairs, it is not just because he is igbo alone but also coz he can be trusted and at thesame time swing goodwill and eventually votes from the SE to him, it is more of political expediency and calculation than appeasement. Besides, dont you see that he was wise enough to make sure every region was represented even the north.
Onovo was an embarrassing endeavour, a wasted slot for the igbos, imagine the IGP's own region being riddled with crime and yet he could not do anything to stop it. No sense of urgency or proactive measures to tackle the problem. The most annoying was the case of a boy in Enugu his home state who was kidnapped for over a year by men of the Nigerian police, the !diot was petitioned by the boy's parent, he could not do nada instead he allowed the deputy senate president Ike Ekweremadu(who also is 4rm Enugu) to prevail on him to release the prime suspect who was a police officer notorious for conniving with politician to do their bid. He only became alight when Jonathan threatened him after some journalists were kidnapped. Let's just keep our fingers crossed the battle has only just begun. Do you all notice the order of the elections time table, national assemblies election followed by presidential elections then state assemblies and finally guber. This is going to be interesting. I see more bad abt IBB emanating soön, it's high time GEJ started playing dirty if realy he is serious to run. I see this thread generating enormous traffic. . Lol

you people should stop demonising the Nigerian army with wild speculations about evil intentions. I don't see the Army engaging in a coup at all. It is not as easy these days as it used to be.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by marcus1234: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2010
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by amefi(m): 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2010
Lt Col,  Col, Bridg Gen, Maj Gen, Lt Gen, Gen, Field Marshal, Marshal, 

in ascending order.
nearest:

This news is confusing, is it that there's no Lt General in the nigerian army that a major general is now the chief of army staff?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Mamajama(m): 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2010
I thought Marshal, Field Marshal are in the Airforce and Navy and not the Army
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by MyJoe: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2010
onye_ngbu:

I thought so because the igbos are the one doing most of the trading, production and own more financial institutions in the country.

Nigerias economy is very dependent on imported commodities and all the other things I mentioned above and igbo people are in control of them and that was why i believe igbo is in control of our economy.

I might be wrong though.
I think you might be.

Take a pen a write down the ownership of the 25 recapitalised banks in Nigeria. Then move to Insurance and do same. These are the financial institutes. The person that controls them controls the economy. It was for this reason that many analysts blamed Obasanjo and Soludo for entrenching SW control of the Nigerian economy through the banking consolidation. Those analysts were right.

If you move away from banking to the real sector, the story is not much different. Check the ownership of blue chip institutions and hotels. The media is dominated by the South South. In fact, the South South is the only competitor the SW has in this country.

Import and export, buying and selling are fine but big money is controlled elsewhere. To achieve a balanced control of Nigeria's economy, the North needs to catch up educationally. SE governors need to find ways to encourage long terms investments. No can control the economy without being active in banking, insurance, oil, telecoms, or the media.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Finecat(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2010
Like these f00ls just appointed has some Magic to perform. Same 'ol useless generation of skunk. Kalo Kalo Govt. ruling Kalo Kalo Nation. I bet these new @sswipes has begun plotting out to loot the budget in their repsective division. A lost Nation, i've lost hope in that nation. Only God can bring another Idiagbon to clean up the mess called Nigeria. The day Igbo man rule Nigeria, it's the day Nigeria is finished. Look at Igbo states? When ibo man, he brings his mother with him look at Kalu for example.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by daylae(m): 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2010
I really supect the current sacking of the top security personels has much to do with the recent security breach in the north,whereby more than 700 inmates are now at large,including some members of the boko haram group. And also in preparation for next year polls.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by amefi(m): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2010
Mamajama:

This article is a list of various states' armed forces ranking designations. Comparisons are made between the different systems used by nations to categorize the hierarchy of an armed force compared to another. Several of these lists mention NATO reference codes. These are the NATO rank reference codes, used for easy comparison amongst NATO countries. Links to comparison charts can be found below.

Common military ranks
Navies Armies Air forces
Officers
Admiral of
the Fleet Marshal /
Field Marshal Marshal of
the Air Force
Admiral General Air Marshal
Commodore Brigadier Air Commodore
Captain Colonel Group Captain
Commander Lt. Colonel Wing Commander
Lieutenant
Commander Major /
Commandant Squadron
Leader
Lieutenant Captain Flight Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant Lieutenant Flying Officer
Ensign 2nd Lieutenant Pilot Officer
Midshipman Officer Cadet Officer Cadet
Seamen, soldiers and airmen
Warrant Officer Sergeant Major Warrant Officer
Petty Officer Sergeant Sergeant
Leading Seaman Corporal Corporal
Seaman Private Aircraftman
Contents [hide]
1 References to modern military
1.1 Argentina
1.2 Australia
1.3 Belgium
1.4 Bosnia
1.5 Brazil
1.6 Canada
1.7 China
1.8 Colombia
1.9 Croatia
1.10 Cuba
1.11 Denmark
1.12 Egypt
1.13 Estonia
1.14 Finland
1.15 France
1.16 Germany
1.17 Greece
1.18 Hungary
1.19 India
1.20 Indonesia
1.21 Iran
1.22 Iraq
1.23 Ireland
1.24 Israel
1.25 Italy
1.26 Japan
1.27 Jordan
1.28 Lebanon
1.29 Mexico
1.30 Netherlands
1.31 New Zealand
1.32 North Korea
1.33 Norway
1.34 Pakistan
1.35 Peru
1.36 Poland
1.37 Portugal
1.38 Romania
1.39 Russia
1.40 Saudi Arabia
1.41 Serbia
1.42 Singapore
1.43 Slovakia
1.44 South Africa
1.45 South Korea
1.46 Spain
1.47 Sri Lanka
1.48 Sweden
1.49 Switzerland
1.50 Republic of China (Taiwan)
1.51 Tanzania
1.52 Thailand
1.53 Turkey
1.54 Ukraine
1.55 United Kingdom
1.56 United States
1.57 Venezuela
1.58 Vietnam
2 First and Second World War comparisons
3 Other comparisons
4 See also
5 External links

[edit] References to modern military
NATO:
Army officers
Army enlisted
Navy officers
Navy enlisted
Air Force officers
Air Force enlisted
United Kingdom and United States military ranks compared
[edit] Argentina
Military ranks of Argentina
Argentine Army officer rank insignia
Argentine Army enlisted rank insignia
[edit] Australia
Australian Army officer rank insignia
Australian Army other ranks insignia
Australian Air Force rank insignia
Australian Defence Force ranks and insignia
[edit] Belgium
Belgian military ranks
[edit] Bosnia
Bosnian Military ranks and insignia
[edit] Brazil
Brazilian military ranks and insignia
[edit] Canada
Canadian Forces ranks and insignia
[edit] China
Chinese Army ranks (People's Republic of China)
Chinese Navy ranks (People's Republic of China)
Chinese Air Force ranks (People's Republic of China)
[edit] Colombia
Military ranks of the Colombian Armed Forces
[edit] Croatia
Croatian military ranks
[edit] Cuba
Cuban military ranks
[edit] Denmark
Danish army ranks
Danish navy ranks
Danish air force ranks
Danish OR's compared
[edit] Egypt
Egyptian military ranks
[edit] Estonia
Military ranks of Estonia
[edit] Finland
Finnish military ranks
[edit] France
French Army ranks
French Navy ranks
[edit] Germany
German Army rank insignia
[edit] Greece
Greek military ranks
[edit] Hungary
Hungarian military ranks
[edit] India
Indian air force ranks and insignia
Indian Army ranks and insignia
Indian Navy ranks and insignia
[edit] Indonesia
Indonesian military ranks
[edit] Iran
Iranian military ranks
[edit] Iraq
Iraqi Army ranks
[edit] Ireland
Irish Army enlisted rank insignia
Irish Army commissioned rank insignia
Irish Navy enlisted rank insignia
Irish Navy commissioned rank insignia
[edit] Israel
Israeli Defence Forces ranks and insignia
[edit] Italy
Italian Army ranks
Italian Navy ranks
[edit] Japan
Japanese military ranks
[edit] Jordan
Jordanian military ranks
[edit] Lebanon
Lebanese Army Ranks
[edit] Mexico
Mexican military ranks
[edit] Netherlands
Dutch military ranks
[edit] New Zealand
New Zealand military ranks
[edit] North Korea
North Korean military ranks
[edit] Norway
Norwegian military ranks
[edit] Pakistan
Army Ranks of Pakistan 1
Air Force Ranks of Pakistan 1
Naval Ranks of Pakistan 1
[edit] Peru
Peruvian Army (Ejército del Perú)
Peruvian Navy (Marina de Guerra del Perú)
Peruvian Air Force (Fuerza Aérea del Perú)
[edit] Poland
Polish Armed Forces rank insignia
[edit] Portugal
Portuguese Armed Forces rank insignia
[edit] Romania
Romanian Army ranks and insignia
[edit] Russia
Russian military ranks
[edit] Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabian military ranks
[edit] Serbia
Serbian military ranks and insignia
[edit] Singapore
Singapore Armed Forces ranks
[edit] Slovakia
Military ranks of Slovakia
[edit] South Africa
South African military ranks
[edit] South Korea
South Korean military ranks
[edit] Spain
Spanish Armed Forces rank insignia
[edit] Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka Army rank insignia
Sri Lanka Navy rank insignia
Sri Lanka Air Force rank insignia
[edit] Sweden
Swedish Military ranks and insignia (with number of persons in each rank)
Swedish Military Ranks
Swedish Army rank insignia
[edit] Switzerland
Swiss army ranks
[edit] Republic of China (Taiwan)
Republic of China Army rank insignia
[edit] Tanzania
Tanzanian Military ranks
[edit] Thailand
Thai military ranks
[edit] Turkey
Turkish Army rank insignia
[edit] Ukraine
Military ranks of Ukraine
[edit] United Kingdom
British Army Other Ranks rank insignia
British Army officer rank insignia
Royal Air Force officer ranks
Royal Air Force enlisted ranks
Royal Navy officer rank insignia
Royal Navy ratings rank insignia
[edit] United States
United States uniformed services-comparative ranks of officers, warrant officers and servicemen
United States Air Force: enlisted, officer
United States Army: enlisted, warrant officer, officer
United States Coast Guard: enlisted, warrant officer, officer
United States Marine Corps: enlisted, warrant officer, officer
United States Navy: enlisted, warrant officer, officer
United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officer rank insignia
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps officer rank insignia
[edit] Venezuela
Venezuelan military ranks
[edit] Vietnam
Vietnamese military ranks and insignia of the People's Army of Vietnam or PAVN
[edit] First and Second World War comparisons
Comparative military ranks of World War I
Comparative military ranks of World War II
Japan - Army ranks of the Japanese Empire during World War II
Japan - Naval ranks of the Japanese Empire during World War II
Nazi party paramilitary ranks:
Ranks and insignia of the Nazi Party
Ranks and insignia of the Schutzstaffel
Ranks and insignia of the Sturmabteilung
Ranks and insignia of the Hitler Youth
Ranks and insignia of the National Socialist Flyers Corps
Ranks and insignia of the National Socialist Motor Corps
Ranks and insignia of the Volkssturm
United States Army enlisted rank insignia of World War II
[edit] Other comparisons
NATO ranks and insignia
Comparative military ranks of Korea
Senior Foreign Service
[edit] See also
Air force officer ranks
Army officer ranks
Naval officer ranks
[hide]v • d • eMilitary ranks and insignia by country

Africa Egypt · South Africa · Tanzania

Americas Argentina · Brazil · Canada · Colombia · Cuba · Mexico (Army · Navy) · United States (Army · Navy · Air Force · Coast Guard · Marine Corps) · Venezuela

Asia China (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Republic of China · India (Army · Air Force · Navy) · Indonesia · Iran (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Iraq · Israel · Japan · Jordan · Korea · Lebanon · Pakistan · Saudi Arabia · Singapore · Sri Lanka (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Thailand · Vietnam
Former: Imperial Japan (Army · Navy)

Europe Albania · Austria · Belgium · Bosnia and Herzegovina · Croatia · Denmark (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Estonia · Finland · France (Army · Navy · Air Force)  · Germany · Greece · Hungary · Ireland (Army · Navy · Air Corps) · Italy (Army · Navy) · Monaco · Netherlands · Norway · Poland · Romania · Russia (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Ukraine · Serbia · Sweden · Switzerland · Turkey · United Kingdom (Navy · Army · Air Force) · Vatican
Former: Austria–Hungary · East Germany · Nazi Germany (Volkssturm · SA · SS) · Kingdom of Greece (Army · Navy) · Soviet Union · Yugoslavia · Serbia and Montenegro

Oceania Australia · New Zealand

[edit] External links
World Rank Insignia
Dave7cnv - Current Military Ranks of the World
US Department of Defense rank insignia page
On the Translation of Military Ranks of NATO Forces
Australian Defence Force Badges of Rank
British Army Badges of Rank
Canadian Forces Badges of Rank
Irish Defence Force Army Badges of Rank
New Zealand Defence Force Badges of Rank
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comparative_military_ranks"
Categories: Military ranks by country | Military insignia | Military comparisons
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by onyengbu1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2010
MyJoe:

I think you might be.

Take a pen a write down the ownership of the 25 recapitalised banks in Nigeria. Then move to Insurance and do same. These are the financial institutes. The person that controls them controls the economy. It was for this reason that many analysts blamed Obasanjo and Soludo for entrenching SW control of the Nigerian economy through the banking consolidation. Those analysts were right.

If you move away from banking to the real sector, the story is not much different. Check the ownership of blue chip institutions and hotels. The media is dominated by the South South. In fact, the South South is the only competitor the SW has in this country.

Import and export, buying and selling are fine but big money is controlled elsewhere. To achieve a balanced control of Nigeria's economy, the North needs to catch up educationally. SE governors need to find ways to encourage long terms investments. No can control the economy without being active in banking, insurance, oil, telecoms, or the media.

I cant pen down the ownership of the banks and that is no reason why I must agree that whoever you have in mind own most of them.

Again name those blue chip institutions and hotels and the owners and lets see who is incharge there.

Import and export are not just fine. Our economy depend on them so much and one can rightly argue that that is where the big money is.

Also  bulk of the  money being managed in the so called financial institutions are made from import and export.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by sofymoore(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2010
this is not the good news nigerians are waiting for.because this changes will not in anway change the lives of common nigerians he should just go ahead and do somthing reasonable except that we cant be impressed
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by stevoski059(m): 7:16pm On Sep 08, 2010
Chie!!! GEJ, may the belle that bore you be called blessed. I wish you well sir, as you continue to lead Nigeria even in 2011 . Any power that would come against you in any form, HOLYGHOST FIRE! Well done.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by MyJoe: 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2010
onye_ngbu:

I cant pen down the ownership of the banks and that is no reason why I must agree that whoever you have in mind own most of them.

Again name those blue chip institutions and hotels and the owners and lets see who is incharge there.

Import and export are not just fine. Our economy depend on them so much and one can rightly argue that that is where the big money is.

Also  bulk of the  money being managed in the so called financial institutions are made from import and export.
Address your own first two points and see my point.

You do have a point about the importance of import and export to our economy. But you seem to miss the fact that a disproportionate amount of import is done by foreigners in Nigeria - the Labanese and Indians are very active there. Does that mean they control our economy. Well, that's an important section of the economy. But it takes more than that.

And what, sir, do we export from Nigeria that is controlled by the SE? Oil, perhaps? Rubber? Groundnut? Cocoa? Palm oil? Agricultural products? Tin?

So you think the money "being managed" in our "so-called financial institutions" belong to SE importers and exporters? That's new.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2010
I am always disappointed when i see comments like this on Nairaland because it reminds me that as Nigerians our minds are still not in the right place. So because Good4nothin Janathief made an Iboman the Army chief ,he has done something good for the Igbos  How does appointing an Igboman as army chief feed million of hungry Nigerians or treat millions of sick Niegrians who are dying in our hospitals because Jonathan and his governors prefer to spend our nation's wealth on their corrupt ventures. Finally how does him appointing an Igbo man as army chief benefit YOU in particular

Dude when will tribaly blinded guys like you wake up and realize that tribalism belongs to the older generation and not ours. As far as i can tell Jonatheif is an incompetent president who lacks simple progressive ideas to move Nigeria forward. Even my maid can rule Nigeria better than him.

This is the president who has been in office for about 8 months but has not drawn any proper plan to tackle Nigeria’s power problem. Please name one visible achievement Jonatheif has made since he came into power. Just 1? As it is now, Niegria is worth nothing. We no longer matter in the world, we fool ourselves into thinking that we are the giant of Africa but in reality we are the joke of Africa. Countries like Eritrea ,Angola ,DRC ,Seychelles ,Namibia ,Botswana even Zimbabwe have better infrastructure than us. Check out foreign media reports about the upcoming elections and you will bury your head in shame.

Jonathief lacks the ideas ,the charisma, the diligence, the honesty , the heart and authority to lead our nation to greater heights. He lacks the ability to brainstorm new ideas that genuinely geared towards solving our nation’s problems. Jonathief is a PDP puppet who deos the party’s bidding to the detriment of our citizens. Take a look at Ghana and see how they are reforming policies everyday to improve their citizens lives and standing in the world. Ghana currently boasts the fastest internet speed in Africa. People in Ghana are able to afford simple luxuries like LCD screens because their local currency exchange rate to the dollar is reasonable unlike ours.

Our manufacturing industry is dead , our fishing industry in the Niger delta has been wiped out by oil companies. Our tourism industry is pathetic. Apart from lagos where fashola has done an “ok” job. Jonathan has done absolutely nothing to improve the infrastructure of Nigeria either state level or federal level. This is the same guy people that is being refreed to as a university lecturer. He makes use of facebook but is not intelligent enough to float a website for the Federal Government or the offie of the presidency. As usual Aso rock ia a hidden enclave because him and his cronies do not want the world to see where all the corruption goes on. A government that is faceless.

And that naughty woman akinluyi is talking of rebranding, a nation that is rebranding without  5 star hotels ,5 star resorts ,24 electricity , good roads , educated workforce , manufacturing firms , foreign media ads , dedicated PR bureau e.t.c what are we rebranding? A Corpse? Nigeria as a nation is dead and unless we stop fooling ourselves ,it will stay dead.

Our economy is already crippled but jonathief and his cromies have done absolutely nothing new in the past 8 months to boost foreign investor confidence in our country. We are not progressing instead we are regressing. I can teach jonatheif a thing  or two about providing basic amenities for Nigerians and I just a simple fellow with a simple Bachelor degree.

I saddens me that Nigerian still think like slaves in this day age,where is the spirit of revoltion.We should not encouraging criminals to leads us ,we should protest countrywide and make people like Jonathief resign.We need new and young leaders and we must be ready support these young leader who blassed with fresh reformed ideas that will put us back on the global stage and help us move.

Just look at our population ,150 mill.,if jonathan had a brain he would have formulated policies that will gear toward population control.If we continue to graow at the rate we are growing ,our land will become like sudan because their will be way many mouth to feed and few resources to achive that.

I weep for my nation because I see disaster in our future,it time for all of us to wake and stop the “follow follow” attitude. Jonathief ,IBB ,Ribhadu ,Buhari and they rest are all birds of the same feather.They do not have the intrest of the common man at heart. We need a revolution ,either by protest ,by riots or by violence otherwise we will not be free.The time for talking is over. We need brave and patriotic Niegrians to bring the corrupt ones down.

Total Rubbish, your maid can run Nigeria, my bet she runs your life, your just rambling all about, FYI there is a power roadmap unveiled by the president in lagos, there  is committee overseeing that headed by Prof Barth Nnaji an accomplished Nigerian, Nigeria is worth nothing I see the reason  why you bolted outta the country, if its worth nothing why are you complaining, why don't you change your nationality, maybe you don't know http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/ that's the website for the Nigerian government, please before you start bashing try and research all the lame complaints you posted here weren't created by Jonathan so spare the man, You just a brainless spineless man who instead of contributing his quota decides to bolt, I pity you
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by chyz(m): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2010
sofymoore:

this is not the good news nigerians are waiting for.because this changes will not in anway change the lives of common nigerians he should just go ahead and do somthing reasonable except that we cant be impressed

I disagree. He has just gave hope of equality in nigerians from non-northern extraction and has relieved non-muslims of the fears of blatant religious bias and regional bias. I would say today means alot in history.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by amefi(m): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2010
Mamajama:

This article is a list of various states' armed forces ranking designations. Comparisons are made between the different systems used by nations to categorize the hierarchy of an armed force compared to another. Several of these lists mention NATO reference codes. These are the NATO rank reference codes, used for easy comparison amongst NATO countries. Links to comparison charts can be found below.

Common military ranks
Navies Armies Air forces
Officers
Admiral of
the Fleet Marshal /
Field Marshal Marshal of
the Air Force
Admiral General Air Marshal
Commodore Brigadier Air Commodore
Captain Colonel Group Captain
Commander Lt. Colonel Wing Commander
Lieutenant
Commander Major /
Commandant Squadron
Leader
Lieutenant Captain Flight Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant Lieutenant Flying Officer
Ensign 2nd Lieutenant Pilot Officer
Midshipman Officer Cadet Officer Cadet
Seamen, soldiers and airmen
Warrant Officer Sergeant Major Warrant Officer
Petty Officer Sergeant Sergeant
Leading Seaman Corporal Corporal
Seaman Private Aircraftman
Contents [hide]
1 References to modern military
1.1 Argentina
1.2 Australia
1.3 Belgium
1.4 Bosnia
1.5 Brazil
1.6 Canada
1.7 China
1.8 Colombia
1.9 Croatia
1.10 Cuba
1.11 Denmark
1.12 Egypt
1.13 Estonia
1.14 Finland
1.15 France
1.16 Germany
1.17 Greece
1.18 Hungary
1.19 India
1.20 Indonesia
1.21 Iran
1.22 Iraq
1.23 Ireland
1.24 Israel
1.25 Italy
1.26 Japan
1.27 Jordan
1.28 Lebanon
1.29 Mexico
1.30 Netherlands
1.31 New Zealand
1.32 North Korea
1.33 Norway
1.34 Pakistan
1.35 Peru
1.36 Poland
1.37 Portugal
1.38 Romania
1.39 Russia
1.40 Saudi Arabia
1.41 Serbia
1.42 Singapore
1.43 Slovakia
1.44 South Africa
1.45 South Korea
1.46 Spain
1.47 Sri Lanka
1.48 Sweden
1.49 Switzerland
1.50 Republic of China (Taiwan)
1.51 Tanzania
1.52 Thailand
1.53 Turkey
1.54 Ukraine
1.55 United Kingdom
1.56 United States
1.57 Venezuela
1.58 Vietnam
2 First and Second World War comparisons
3 Other comparisons
4 See also
5 External links

[edit] References to modern military
NATO:
Army officers
Army enlisted
Navy officers
Navy enlisted
Air Force officers
Air Force enlisted
United Kingdom and United States military ranks compared
[edit] Argentina
Military ranks of Argentina
Argentine Army officer rank insignia
Argentine Army enlisted rank insignia
[edit] Australia
Australian Army officer rank insignia
Australian Army other ranks insignia
Australian Air Force rank insignia
Australian Defence Force ranks and insignia
[edit] Belgium
Belgian military ranks
[edit] Bosnia
Bosnian Military ranks and insignia
[edit] Brazil
Brazilian military ranks and insignia
[edit] Canada
Canadian Forces ranks and insignia
[edit] China
Chinese Army ranks (People's Republic of China)
Chinese Navy ranks (People's Republic of China)
Chinese Air Force ranks (People's Republic of China)
[edit] Colombia
Military ranks of the Colombian Armed Forces
[edit] Croatia
Croatian military ranks
[edit] Cuba
Cuban military ranks
[edit] Denmark
Danish army ranks
Danish navy ranks
Danish air force ranks
Danish OR's compared
[edit] Egypt
Egyptian military ranks
[edit] Estonia
Military ranks of Estonia
[edit] Finland
Finnish military ranks
[edit] France
French Army ranks
French Navy ranks
[edit] Germany
German Army rank insignia
[edit] Greece
Greek military ranks
[edit] Hungary
Hungarian military ranks
[edit] India
Indian air force ranks and insignia
Indian Army ranks and insignia
Indian Navy ranks and insignia
[edit] Indonesia
Indonesian military ranks
[edit] Iran
Iranian military ranks
[edit] Iraq
Iraqi Army ranks
[edit] Ireland
Irish Army enlisted rank insignia
Irish Army commissioned rank insignia
Irish Navy enlisted rank insignia
Irish Navy commissioned rank insignia
[edit] Israel
Israeli Defence Forces ranks and insignia
[edit] Italy
Italian Army ranks
Italian Navy ranks
[edit] Japan
Japanese military ranks
[edit] Jordan
Jordanian military ranks
[edit] Lebanon
Lebanese Army Ranks
[edit] Mexico
Mexican military ranks
[edit] Netherlands
Dutch military ranks
[edit] New Zealand
New Zealand military ranks
[edit] North Korea
North Korean military ranks
[edit] Norway
Norwegian military ranks
[edit] Pakistan
Army Ranks of Pakistan 1
Air Force Ranks of Pakistan 1
Naval Ranks of Pakistan 1
[edit] Peru
Peruvian Army (Ejército del Perú)
Peruvian Navy (Marina de Guerra del Perú)
Peruvian Air Force (Fuerza Aérea del Perú)
[edit] Poland
Polish Armed Forces rank insignia
[edit] Portugal
Portuguese Armed Forces rank insignia
[edit] Romania
Romanian Army ranks and insignia
[edit] Russia
Russian military ranks
[edit] Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabian military ranks
[edit] Serbia
Serbian military ranks and insignia
[edit] Singapore
Singapore Armed Forces ranks
[edit] Slovakia
Military ranks of Slovakia
[edit] South Africa
South African military ranks
[edit] South Korea
South Korean military ranks
[edit] Spain
Spanish Armed Forces rank insignia
[edit] Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka Army rank insignia
Sri Lanka Navy rank insignia
Sri Lanka Air Force rank insignia
[edit] Sweden
Swedish Military ranks and insignia (with number of persons in each rank)
Swedish Military Ranks
Swedish Army rank insignia
[edit] Switzerland
Swiss army ranks
[edit] Republic of China (Taiwan)
Republic of China Army rank insignia
[edit] Tanzania
Tanzanian Military ranks
[edit] Thailand
Thai military ranks
[edit] Turkey
Turkish Army rank insignia
[edit] Ukraine
Military ranks of Ukraine
[edit] United Kingdom
British Army Other Ranks rank insignia
British Army officer rank insignia
Royal Air Force officer ranks
Royal Air Force enlisted ranks
Royal Navy officer rank insignia
Royal Navy ratings rank insignia
[edit] United States
United States uniformed services-comparative ranks of officers, warrant officers and servicemen
United States Air Force: enlisted, officer
United States Army: enlisted, warrant officer, officer
United States Coast Guard: enlisted, warrant officer, officer
United States Marine Corps: enlisted, warrant officer, officer
United States Navy: enlisted, warrant officer, officer
United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officer rank insignia
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps officer rank insignia
[edit] Venezuela
Venezuelan military ranks
[edit] Vietnam
Vietnamese military ranks and insignia of the People's Army of Vietnam or PAVN
[edit] First and Second World War comparisons
Comparative military ranks of World War I
Comparative military ranks of World War II
Japan - Army ranks of the Japanese Empire during World War II
Japan - Naval ranks of the Japanese Empire during World War II
Nazi party paramilitary ranks:
Ranks and insignia of the Nazi Party
Ranks and insignia of the Schutzstaffel
Ranks and insignia of the Sturmabteilung
Ranks and insignia of the Hitler Youth
Ranks and insignia of the National Socialist Flyers Corps
Ranks and insignia of the National Socialist Motor Corps
Ranks and insignia of the Volkssturm
United States Army enlisted rank insignia of World War II
[edit] Other comparisons
NATO ranks and insignia
Comparative military ranks of Korea
Senior Foreign Service
[edit] See also
Air force officer ranks
Army officer ranks
Naval officer ranks
[hide]v • d • eMilitary ranks and insignia by country

Africa Egypt · South Africa · Tanzania

Americas Argentina · Brazil · Canada · Colombia · Cuba · Mexico (Army · Navy) · United States (Army · Navy · Air Force · Coast Guard · Marine Corps) · Venezuela

Asia China (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Republic of China · India (Army · Air Force · Navy) · Indonesia · Iran (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Iraq · Israel · Japan · Jordan · Korea · Lebanon · Pakistan · Saudi Arabia · Singapore · Sri Lanka (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Thailand · Vietnam
Former: Imperial Japan (Army · Navy)

Europe Albania · Austria · Belgium · Bosnia and Herzegovina · Croatia · Denmark (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Estonia · Finland · France (Army · Navy · Air Force)  · Germany · Greece · Hungary · Ireland (Army · Navy · Air Corps) · Italy (Army · Navy) · Monaco · Netherlands · Norway · Poland · Romania · Russia (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Ukraine · Serbia · Sweden · Switzerland · Turkey · United Kingdom (Navy · Army · Air Force) · Vatican
Former: Austria–Hungary · East Germany · Nazi Germany (Volkssturm · SA · SS) · Kingdom of Greece (Army · Navy) · Soviet Union · Yugoslavia · Serbia and Montenegro

Oceania Australia · New Zealand

[edit] External links
World Rank Insignia
Dave7cnv - Current Military Ranks of the World
US Department of Defense rank insignia page
On the Translation of Military Ranks of NATO Forces
Australian Defence Force Badges of Rank
British Army Badges of Rank
Canadian Forces Badges of Rank
Irish Defence Force Army Badges of Rank
New Zealand Defence Force Badges of Rank
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comparative_military_ranks"
Categories: Military ranks by country | Military insignia | Military comparisons
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Gbawe: 7:25pm On Sep 08, 2010
Why are Nigerians so naive and easy to decieve? Jonathan is empowering the Igbos ? Pull the other leg !!! This is nothing but another "do or die" action to facilitate the emergence of men who will support the electoral grand theft of 2011 being planned by Jonathan at the instigation of OBJ (him of the "worst election in history" fame ) and other adherrents of "operation totality" . Every President we have had , since 1999, has appointed Police and service Chiefs totally out of political expediency , rather than a meritocratic placement of distinguished and deserving Nigerians , in the search for men and women who will help them achieve electoral theft and the bullying of Nigerians . We all saw this in Ekiti when ballots were snatched and collated in a Police Station !!!!! We should all be ashamed of how important position is used by the Presidency partisanly as part of an effort that excludes the need to build strong institutions as Obama chided us over in his Ghana speech.

Wake up and smell the coffee . Like the EFCC actions against the 'dissenting' Governors failing to support Jonathan and the fake Halliburton trial, it is "operation totality" guiding this move. Jonathan will be bad news for Nigeria but most of us will fail to see it because of how we are being patronised with ethnic 'banana' .

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/axe-man-strikes-jonathan-shakes-army-police-navy-sss-new-faces-announced

[b]Ringim was the Commissioner of Police in Bayelsa State when Jonathan served there briefly as governor. Police sources describe him as a very “wealthy” police officer, with homes in the United Kingdom and Spain.  They also characterize him as a very intelligent man that may have been brought in to facilitate Jonathan’s electoral hopes next year, a euphemism for rigging.[/b]Maj. Gen. A. Dambazau, it will be recalled, is the army boss that collaborated in the smuggling of a comatose Umaru Yar’Adua into Nigeria last year, without the knowledge of Jonathan.

Today’s extensive top-level realignment by Jonathan comes on the eve of the long Sallah holiday, which begins tomorrow, and the date seems to have been carefully chosen.  Some of the affected officers are even thought to be out of the country.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by steroid: 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2010
GEJ is doing really great.

We are solidly behind you.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2010
@Gbawe

are the present appointees not deserving of it ?, That's Sahara Reporters accusation of Ringim, they knew about this guy and never blew the whistle before now, The same Sahara reporters were crying blue murder for Jonathan not removing Danbuazzu, they cried blue murder and demanded for onovo's sack for incompetence and disobeying a court order, My bet even if wole soyinka was made police boss they still cry out
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2010
Well i think the best Jonathan can do now is FIRE Farida Waziri and bring Ribadu onboard. This would ensure he contests and wins majority votes in 2011.

Wisdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

National Intervention Movement: Agbakoba, Duke, Utomi, Float Political Group / Utibe Idem Joins APC, Dumps PDP / Governor Udom Re-appoints Ukpong Akpabio As Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.