Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO (24910 Views)

Apply Now: UAC Nigeria Plc Pre-nysc Internship Scheme 2018 / Firm Appoints Oladele Ajayi To Head UAC Foods / Keystone Bank New MD Give Branch Managers Unrealistic Targets Or Be Sack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 30, 2019
BornnAgainChild:

Abi Afonja Ajoka undecided

Fool
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by ogbonti: 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
ifymadu:
Congratulations to him, very impressive at his age. They would have told us a little too about his family background cos I'm sure he is not entirely a nobody as he would have gotten a little push from somewhere in addition to his brilliance.

May God bless u.. if his father is not popular as in a big time looter and connected politician, his mom is fvcking no mere mortal in Nigeria

when we have Nigerians who are Yale, Oxford and Harvard scholars with decades of experience and track record of success globally, dem no fi smell this position grin
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by bhella10: 11:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
Odingo1:
The company is not functioning again
they are only playing catch up with today's
coys
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by pacespot(m): 11:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
congrats, he found his career path early enough.
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Fool

Re'tarded son of a bit'ch
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by hucienda: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2019
Wow. Already at the peak of the organization in his youth.

Congratulations.
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by teabully(m): 1:28am On Mar 31, 2019
Not too young too rule, congratulations young Man
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by sweetgala(m): 2:01am On Mar 31, 2019
endi4real:
Though there might be other underlying factors not stated...that's an impressive resume non the less.
Kudos...

Rather good resumed he has managed to acquire in 12 years. I suspect he has strong backers who have influence to support what seems to be a brilliant mind

1 Like

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by Styluscrib(m): 2:04am On Mar 31, 2019
Thumbs up
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by chuksanambra: 2:45am On Mar 31, 2019
Odingo1:
The company is not functioning again

Uac group made 55.7B in 9 months in 2018.
All the SE states combined didn't make that.

6 Likes

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by starstaz(m): 3:01am On Mar 31, 2019
Congrats sir.
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by dabeto: 3:14am On Mar 31, 2019
When I saw Ocean and Oil, I know he’s from the sponsor of Hakeem Muri-Okunola. Kudos to ABT. Building tomorrow’s leaders today. cool

2 Likes

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by maisauki: 4:34am On Mar 31, 2019
Nukilia:
Afonja Amaka grin grin grin
Is ds what u wana b doin wit ur life?
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by sisisioge: 5:25am On Mar 31, 2019
Wow! This guy gathered experience like wealth around himself... No wonder! Chai
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by dipsin999(m): 6:01am On Mar 31, 2019
odyx:
it is quite commendable as a young guy to achieve the above stated status............congrax guy.

please youths commend this young man is not easy.

Impressive......
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by wonder233: 6:32am On Mar 31, 2019
You can think whatever you want to think, it doesn't affect me
lakesider:

Person wey no care no go write this long story...... Envy will not kill you
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by nitrogen(m): 6:56am On Mar 31, 2019
ogbonti:

May God bless u.. if his father is not popular as in a big time looter and connected politician, his mom is fvcking no mere mortal in Nigeria

when we have Nigerians who are Yale, Oxford and Harvard scholars with decades of experience and track record of success globally, dem no fi smell this position grin

I don't know why people just make sentimental comments on subjects they know nothing about.

Now, a couple of PE firms own significant stakes in UACN, and it appears issues around wastages and inefficiencies are affecting the company. Because these PE firms (including Themis) have significant stakes which gave them rights to have board members in the business, they have decided to get a new CEO. It is their modus operandi.

Sometimes, they recruit from other companies, or better still get one of them well experienced to manage the company. Forget about nepotism or politics, they don't care, they need to make the business work again and increase value of their investments, otherwise the high net worth investors of the PE firms will start asking questions.

2 Likes

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:04am On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

I don't know why people just make sentimental comments on subjects they know nothing about.

Now, a couple of PE firms own significant stakes in UACN, and it appears issues around wastages and inefficiencies are affecting the company. Because these PE firms (including Themis) have significant stakes which gave them rights to have board members in the business, they have decided to get a new CEO. It is their modus operandi.

Sometimes, they recruit from other companies, or better still get one of them well experienced to manage the company. Forget about nepotism or politics, they don't care, they need to make the business work again and increase value of their investments, otherwise the high net worth investors of the PE firms will start asking questions.

I agree with your analysis. But this guy was definitely fast tracked by a bigwig. Look closely at his profile from 2018. Someone pushed him there.

1 Like

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by nitrogen(m): 7:17am On Mar 31, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

I agree with your analysis. But this guy was definitely fast tracked by a bigwig. Look closely at his profile from 2018. Someone pushed him there.

I don't understand what you are saying o, this guy has been very much around, he's worked with Stanbic as head of financial advisory and KKR, a global private equity firm with over 150 billion USD in asset under management.

Getting into KKR is a fuckiing big deal. KKR would not have recruited someone recommended by a bigwig. Interestingly, there are many Nigerians with such profile in Europe and America. Na low key things.

5 Likes

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by deenee: 7:30am On Mar 31, 2019
Impressive resume but he is representing the interest of the new set of investors that have invested in USD group.

Just so you guys kniw before you start jumping up and down.

2 Likes

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by LyfeJennings(m): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2019
nitrogen:

I don't understand what you are saying o, this guy has been very much around, he's worked with Stanbic as head of financial advisory and KKR, a global private equity firm with over 150 billion USD in asset under management.

Getting into KKR is a fuckiing big deal. KKR would not have recruited someone recommended by a bigwig. Interestingly, there are many Nigerians with such profile in Europe and America. Na low key things.

U seem the understand the way Corporate Finance work in Nigeria from Ur analysis but I CAN TELL U SOMETHING. AS BRILLIANT AS THIS GUY IS, SOMEONE OR SOME PEOPLE MUST HAVE PUSHED HIM OR FAST TRACKED HIS ELEVATION TO THAT POSITION.
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by Nukilia: 9:45am On Mar 31, 2019
maisauki:
Is ds what u wana b doin wit ur life?

I won't mind if you've got something for me to do with my life grin
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by skj1377(m): 10:59am On Mar 31, 2019
Hienna:
Weldone... Kudos
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by CioAngels(f): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2019
This is beautiful, more youth should be more serious to take responsibilities. Youth should takeover the mantle of leaderships now, form presidency to clerks. Congratulations young man.
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by seguno2: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2019
cinoedhunter:
I wish this also happens in politics sad angry

Wishing alone doesn’t deliver anything.
Please note.

1 Like

Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by olanshi: 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2019

Waoo, this came up here too..

Congratulations bro!
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by Legendguru: 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
legacy. father to son
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by Ijebulogic(m): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2019
I wonder how many hours he spends on Nairaland everyday spreading tribalism and hatred? Young people need to wake up sha
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by Lilimax(f): 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
Ijebulogic:
I wonder how many hours he spends on Nairaland everyday spreading tribalism and hatred? Young people need to wake up sha
Yes he is on Nairaland
Re: UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO by deenee: 3:53am On Jun 09, 2019
deenee:
Impressive resume but he is representing the interest of the new set of investors that have invested in UAC group.

Just so you guys know before you start jumping up and down.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff / Huawei Staff Punished After Official Tweet Posted ‘via Iphone’ / AIT Staff Threaten Suicide Because Of Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.