Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:05 AM

"Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. (50610 Views)

Two-headed Snake Eats Two Mice Using Both Mouths At Same Time (graphic) / See The Two-headed Turtle Discovered In Malaysia (photos) / Two-Headed Snake Named Tom And Jerry At Reptile Expo in Villeneuve, Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Judybash93(m): 1:17am On Mar 31, 2019
ictjobber:
Let's nit deceive ourselves.... Every Animal in Africa can be found in US, UK, China, France... Why? All dey need do is walk into the continent and take it.

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today...
I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

By saying "can only be found" means, the animal is native to that part of the world and not an invasive species

Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Judybash93(m): 1:18am On Mar 31, 2019
prophetfire:
CAN IT MINE SKULLS TOO?

1 Like

Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by MrObodo: 1:26am On Mar 31, 2019
I ve seen this same bird before somewhere in Abia State though.

I do importation of all phone accessories.
Sell at wholesale prices.

Contact 08141687334 for business��
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Styluscrib(m): 1:57am On Mar 31, 2019
Please check nearest zoo and parks in other states.
Then visit other state reserve Forrest.
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by ElsonMorali: 2:14am On Mar 31, 2019
queensera:
The Malimbus Ibadanensis known as the "Ibadan Malimbe", is a rare red-headed bird which cannot be found anywhere in the world except Ibadan.

The bird is about 20 centimeters long. The male is black with a red head and breast. The female has smaller red areas.

The bird forages in pairs or small groups, sometimes alongside the red-headed malimbe (Malimbus rubricollis). It lives in forest and woodland habitat, including degraded areas.

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2019/03/ibadan-malimbe-the-rare-red-headed-bird-which-can-only-be-found-in-ibadan/

Wow. That's interesting. Never heard of the bird before now. Thanks for the info.
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Osanoghodua1: 2:23am On Mar 31, 2019
We have this in bushes in southern Edo. Do your research and don't mislead the innocent generation.
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by ohem007(m): 2:32am On Mar 31, 2019
Here in naija we dont know to preserve things...

Forest clearing made it rare

link:https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org.0.freebasics.com/wiki/Malimbus_ibadanensis?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfp3PTv52wAMpcGJ
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by africanusvu(m): 2:52am On Mar 31, 2019
Poor research,we av plenty of these birds in my village at mbaise imo state.usually seen during hammatan.feeds on ants and litle lizard.we call it Ori ngwere
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Nobody: 3:19am On Mar 31, 2019
prophetfire:
CAN IT MINE SKULLS TOO?
No nau

Na osu people dey do that one

1 Like

Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by nwakibe: 3:41am On Mar 31, 2019
N lie. This bird full Ebomyi na.
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Neddyogu(m): 4:16am On Mar 31, 2019
DabuIIIT:
Of course,it's few in number....they have harvested the heads of the birds
grin grin

Ibadannemsis de brownRoofonjasis ala mala malimbe

grin grin

U get fever ashwear grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Neddyogu(m): 4:18am On Mar 31, 2019
Is this bird not a species of woodpecker?
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by timibare(m): 5:00am On Mar 31, 2019
the bird na omo onile
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Wolexyoshi(m): 5:42am On Mar 31, 2019
Op might be saying the truth. It's possible one of their ancestors turned to the bird. No na only Ibadan you go see am
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by lastempero: 5:42am On Mar 31, 2019
Everything for naija na politics, they have rigged this one to Ibadan now. This bird wey I dey see 4 granny backyard undecided
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by maco1: 5:54am On Mar 31, 2019
The red-headed malimbe (Malimbus rubricollis) is a species of bird in the Ploceidae family. It is found in Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, ...
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by BabaO2: 7:02am On Mar 31, 2019
queensera:
The Malimbus Ibadanensis known as the "Ibadan Malimbe", is a rare red-headed bird which cannot be found anywhere in the world except Ibadan.

The bird is about 20 centimeters long. The male is black with a red head and breast. The female has smaller red areas.

The bird forages in pairs or small groups, sometimes alongside the red-headed malimbe (Malimbus rubricollis). It lives in forest and woodland habitat, including degraded areas.

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2019/03/ibadan-malimbe-the-rare-red-headed-bird-which-can-only-be-found-in-ibadan/

Poor research and misleading research work, this specie is found in other SW region that i known, it is even named as alias for some people. Due to seasonal migration, birds could be found at their choiced region depending on the weather and food for their survival
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by MadamExcellency: 7:02am On Mar 31, 2019
I have always seen this bird in my hood in Southeast. It is call Ko Owu in the 80s.

It doesn't come out every now and then but in its seasons likely November, December times and rare at other months
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Sluvist(m): 7:03am On Mar 31, 2019
Ok, can we see it as petroleum or other minerals resources?
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by otokx(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2019
There are some bird species in my area of Port Harcourt.
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 31, 2019
An endemic bird species.
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Rotimi47: 7:49am On Mar 31, 2019
ictjobber:
Let's nit deceive ourselves.... Every Animal in Africa can be found in US, UK, China, France... Why? All dey need do is walk into the continent and take it.

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today...
I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
grin
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by berbs: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2019
amaniro:
Lies. So you mean the bird can't fly into other close states? So it can migrate to Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun state?

Same question I asked immediately I saw the clause of "seen only in Ibadan"
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Abagworo(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2019
The bird is in the East. Seen it severally.
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by verifiablefacts: 8:13am On Mar 31, 2019
queensera:

Source:

the male have breast and the female have what?☺☺
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by pepperdem001(m): 8:23am On Mar 31, 2019
Google does not think so

Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by opoloba: 9:02am On Mar 31, 2019
beautiful bird

In another news, to play Deal or No Deal game, whot game, poker game, click on https:///2HVwA3H
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by waleyp(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2019
SW NigERIA Is Inside IBaDan Na ;DSW NigERIA Is Inside IBaDan Na
Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Cockyguy11: 9:22am On Mar 31, 2019
Busted grin

Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by Abeycity93: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2019
decatalyst:
Cannot be found anywhere else?

Why?

The op just downloaded picture and uploaded for us. lipsrsealed
I know you are from potopoto region, Google is your friend

Re: "Ibadan Malimbe", The Rare Red-headed Bird Which Can Only Be Found In Ibadan. by bmos(m): 10:55am On Mar 31, 2019
decatalyst:
Cannot be found anywhere else?

Why?
The op just downloaded picture and uploaded for us. lipsrsealed

The bird was actually manufactured only in the city of Ibadan LoL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe / Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? / Lady Carries And Kisses A Smith Bear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.