Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

A Thorn In The Flesh - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Thorn In The Flesh (86912 Views)

A Thorn in the Flesh 2 / POUND OF FLESH (episode 1) Written By Tolulope Olulola / A Pound Of Flesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by daddio(m): 7:50am On May 23, 2019
Thanks for the update.
God bless you
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by izaray(f): 9:34am On May 23, 2019
Well done
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ayobami276(m): 9:57am On May 23, 2019
I sent you recharge card with the email yusufayobami3311@gmail.com. Still waiting for the pdf file
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 5:56am On May 24, 2019
It was a passion-filled moment. The action was mutual as the two of us did our best to satisfy the other person. By the time I climaxed, I felt I was in cloud seven. We took a break after the first session. The second one was slower and took a longer time to get to its peak. I wanted no more after that, but she was not yet satisfied. After the third session, I was certain that I could go for no more. I directed her to the eatery where the office assistant used to buy food for us, so she could buy a meal. We took fried rice and fried plantain with beef for lunch. Bisola and I were together till about five p.m before we decided to leave our love nest.

I drove her to their campus at Akoka.

'When do we meet again?' she asked.

Not so soon, I thought.

'I'll let you know,' I said. I gave her some money for the weekend before she alighted at the parking space in the front of her residence hall.

Bisola and I continued to meet at our 'love nest' every Saturday for the next weeks. But there was something I found myself doing any time I met
with her. On my way home, I would buy something for Kike. The first time I did, she was reluctant to accept the items. I had bought some ankara and Guinea materials for her.

'Mummy will be suspicious,' she said.

'How?'

‘She will wonder where I'm getting money to buy fine clothes.'

'Tell her I bought them for you,' I said.

Over the time, I bought t-shirts, jeans skirts, shoes, undies, bar soaps and perfumes, and so on, for her. She was right: mum became suspicious.

One evening, mum came to meet me in my bedroom.

'Kike said you're the one buying clothes and accessories for her,' she started. 'Is that true?'

'Yes, mummy.'

She stared at me curiously. 'Are you having an affair with her?'

I chuckled. 'No mum.'

Her face showed that she didn't believe me.

'Well, actually, I used to, but I've stopped. She brought religion matter to it, so I stopped.'

'What religion matter?'

'Something like it's not good to engage in sex outside marriage.'

She didn't seem surprised by my confession. In fact, it was as if she knew that something was going on between Kike and me.

'She's a good girl, but please she still wants to go to school,' mum went on. 'See her more like a sister.'

I nodded. I was at least happy that mum did not react badly to the relationship between Kike and me. By April, Kike took the UTME and did very well. She would still have to wait for about another couple of months before she would write her post-UTME.

By June the elected senators were inaugurated. Senator Osho started his second term in the senate in grand style. It was also time for him to compensate those of us that assiduously worked for his re-election. Ms. Davies retained her position as Chief of Staff. Others got this position or that. As for yours sincerely, I became the (wait for it) Head of Media. I was to monitor media news and events and report to him accordingly. It also meant I would be shuffling with him between Lagos and Abuja.

By September, the post-UTME results that Kike did came out. Kike was not offered her first choice course which was law. She was however given admission for her second choice which was English language at the University of Ibadan. I was very happy for her. Her sponsorship would not create any problem as my parents had agreed to take full responsibilities. I also promised Kike to play my own role.

In Abuja, I had started my work in earnest. I promised to do my very best. Getting accommodation at the legislative quarters in Apo was tough, so Ms. Davies had an alternative arrangement.

Get the full download from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Kaycee9242(m): 6:29am On May 24, 2019
nice work op
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 7:34am On May 24, 2019
Good one Man.

Expecting today's episode
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 7:45am On May 24, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by BillgatesMaigad(m): 8:25am On May 24, 2019
Abj is my favourite city in 9ja

Hello ladies......
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by BillgatesMaigad(m): 8:27am On May 24, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP
hello Ann
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by izaray(f): 9:18am On May 24, 2019
This update is too short give us more as e dey hot

Well done
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 5:25pm On May 24, 2019
BillgatesMaigad:
hello Ann

Hi
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by BillgatesMaigad(m): 6:23pm On May 24, 2019
Ann2012:

Hi
Where do u base
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by festusalamu(m): 11:23pm On May 24, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 6:28am On May 25, 2019
By September, the post-UTME results that Kike did came out. Kike was not offered her first choice course which was law. She was however given admission for her second choice which was English language at the University of Ibadan. I was very happy for her. Her sponsorship would not create any problem as my parents had agreed to take full responsibilities. I also promised Kike to play my own role.

In Abuja, I had started my work in earnest. I promised to do my very best. Getting accommodation at the legislative quarters in Apo was tough, so Ms. Davies had an alternative arrangement.

'The senator has three rooms in his bq. You can take one of them for now.'

‘Alright, madam.’

I wondered about how convenient that would be. I however shrugged it off when I remembered that most times, I would be in Lagos, and that I
could always hole myself in my room anytime I was at home in Abuja. In Lagos, I was not to share office with anybody as I now had a cozy office
to myself. Top on my priority was how to get a two-bedroom flat for myself in Lagos. I told dad about it.

'There's no problem with that,' he returned. 'Get an agent to look for a good place for you and let me know the costs.'

I met with an estate agent who helped me to secure a two-bedroom at Lawanson, Surulere, Lagos. I had already paid for the place before telling
dad. I was able to pay for it from my savings. It was high time I started living responsibly.

But dad insisted on furnishing the place. The following weekend, I moved to my new abode.

In Abuja, once we had closed for the day, Ms. Davies simply had no time for me. She had her life to live and I had mine.

There were social spots in Abuja that I sometimes frequented, but I found myself becoming an introvert more and more. I had also cut down the
number of ladies in my life. Right now, I could say that I only had Bisola and Kike. While Bisola satisfied the salacious part of me, Kike fulfilled the
cool and solemn part. But, somehow, I believed I loved Kike. I had tried to get her off my mind, even in far-away Abuja, but I could not. Now
that she had started her degree programme, believe me, I was seriously considering proposing marriage to her.

That sounded somehow, right? But that was what had been nagging at my mind. She was now twenty one while I just celebrated my twenty-
fifth birthday, but I felt I could not wait any more. One cool evening in the early days of December, I called Kike on the phone to bare my mind.

'How's campus?' I started.

'Campus is cool. How are you too? Are you in Lagos or Abuja?'

'Right now, I'm in Lagos,' I replied. 'I miss you.'

'I miss you too, sweetheart.'

There was a pause.

'There's something I should have told you which I haven't.'

'Really? What's that?'

'I love you.'

There was a slight pause in communication, then she burst out laughing.

'But you've said that before.'

'Not only that,' I quickly put in. 'Kike, I want to marry you.'

There was silence such that if a pin had dropped, we would hear the sound.

Download the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753

3 Likes

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by daddio(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2019
Hmm, I go love o
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Remite011(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2019
next level about to start, lemme wait and see how things unfold
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 7:31am On May 25, 2019
BillgatesMaigad:
Where do u base

Lasgidi
U?
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 7:32am On May 25, 2019
Love in the air....

Thanks for the update
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Kaycee9242(m): 8:19am On May 25, 2019
well done op
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by BillgatesMaigad(m): 8:30am On May 25, 2019
Ann2012:

Lasgidi
U?
ph city

Be my Gidi girlfriend
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 10:49am On May 25, 2019
BillgatesMaigad:
ph city

Be my Gidi girlfriend

grin
Nah, I'll pass
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 1:22pm On May 25, 2019
Ann2012:

grin
Nah, I'll pass

I am in Lasgidi of Lagos
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 1:22pm On May 25, 2019
Well done Op
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 5:14pm On May 25, 2019
FantasticJ:

I am in Lasgidi of Lagos

Ehn ehn
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FantasticJ: 9:19pm On May 25, 2019
Ann2012:

Ehn ehn

Yeske, Ann..... Will you be my Kike?

Don't worry, I am not a Yahoo boy
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by skubido(m): 9:46pm On May 25, 2019
tanks for the update
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 7:11am On May 26, 2019
There was a pause.

'There's something I should have told you which I haven't.'

'Really? What's that?'

'I love you.'

There was a slight pause in communication, then she burst out laughing.

'But you've said that before.'

'Not only that,' I quickly put in. 'Kike, I want to marry you.'

There was silence such that if a pin had dropped, we would hear the sound.

'Hello? Hello?'

No response.

'Hello? Kike, are you still there?'

The only answer I got was a sound from the phone indicating that the call had been terminated.

I hissed and quickly re-dialed her number. Surprisingly, I could not get true. What was this? Could she too be making efforts to call me back?
After making few more attempts, I stopped. Maybe she would call back, I reasoned. Ten minutes later, she did not. I tried her number again, but
it was still not going. Gosh!

It was about seven a.m the following morning that I was able to get to her.

'Good morning, love. What happened yesterday? The line suddenly went dead and I could not reach you again. Your battery went flat or what?'

'Good morning. The battery was okay,' she replied.

'So, how come I wasn't able to get to you again?'

'I switched the phone off,' she replied calmly.

'What!?' I was stupefied. 'Why did you do that?'

There was a brief silence. 'Because I wanted to be sure I was hearing properly.'

Now, I relaxed a bit and grinned. 'Of course, you're hearing properly my dear. I will repeat what I said, but this time, I will say it in form of a
question: Kike, will you marry me?'

There was another short silence. 'You don't have to pull my legs, Uncle Henry.'

I was amazed. Why did she find it difficult to believe me? Why would I be pulling her legs? And where was this 'Uncle Henry' stuff coming from?

I breathed in deeply. 'Kike, listen. God knows you're the first ever lady I would tell such a thing, and God knows I'm very serious with what I said.'

There was another pause.

'Kike, are you still there?' I asked.

'Yes.'

'Do you want to think over it? Should I give you some time?'

'I want to pray over it.'

I nodded. 'No problem, I will wait.'

We discussed a lit bit more before the connection was cut.

I never imagined that I would propose marriage to a lady and she would tell me that she wanted to think or pray over it. But with Kike, things
were different.

That weekend, I was in my Lawanson flat, thinking about Kike. It was three days ago I told her about the marriage proposition and she was yet
to give me an answer. Wow, so this lady could keep me waiting like this! My phone rang and I was surprised to find myself hoping that Kike was
on the line. But, she wasn't.

'Hello, Bisola,’ I said into the mouthpiece. ‘How’re you?’

'Dull. Are you at home? I'm on my way to your house.'

I sighed. 'Yeah, I'm at home.'

'Okay, I'll soon be there.'

Within thirty minutes, Bisola got to my flat.

'Hello, love,' she greeted.

'Hello, dear.'

We kissed briefly. Today, she was wearing jeans trousers and a blue t-shirt. She looked pretty in them.

'So, how's the weekend?' she asked.

'Let's just say we thank God,' I replied.

She came to sit on my legs and to rub my chest, but the last thing on my mind was sex.

Download full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753

Read other interesting stories at: https://thrillplus..com

2 Likes

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 11:28am On May 26, 2019
FantasticJ:

Yeske, Ann..... Will you be my Kike?

Don't worry, I am not a Yahoo boy

Na Yahoo boy I want cheesy
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Topnotch1402(m): 2:01pm On May 26, 2019
Ann2012:

Na Yahoo boy I want cheesy
...chei... give him chance nau
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by ferrariLaferrari: 3:08pm On May 26, 2019
Topnotch1402:
I swear, dude has tried much. Lol

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Ann2012(f): 3:19pm On May 26, 2019
Topnotch1402:

But he's not a yahoo boy na wink
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by skubido(m): 4:21pm On May 26, 2019
Uncle henry u beta take ham easy.

Tanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus) / Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book) / My Crony

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.