Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,842 members, 7,798,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected (26401 Views)

APC: INEC Explains Why Lawan, Akpabio, Umahi Were Excluded From Their List / Senate Presidency: Five Reasons Why Lawan Defeated Ndume / Support Lawan And Gbajabiamila Or Leave APC - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Hedonisst: 9:42am On Mar 31, 2019
Dannyset:

You guys like beating unnecessary chest. Your corrupt CJN was removed months ago and up till now you couldn't do jack about it.

I just marvel at the way you people talk at times. If DSS condoned NASS there's nothing anybody can do than to shout and go to bed afterwards.

Gosh!

You be mumu, and there's nothing I can do to help you. You think you're in a Banana Republic where anything goes. Imagine the stupid example you're giving about CJN?

If dem born you and your master Tinubu or Buhari well, use DSS to block National Assembly that day and use minority to elect principal officers let's see how that pans out. Na body go tell you.
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Jesse1991: 9:46am On Mar 31, 2019
This writeup is absolute nonsense. It is a write up of an aggrieved PDP member who is looking for a way to frustrate this government but they won't succeed. Lawan and Femi are the best the national assembly can offer

3 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Dannyset(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2019
Hedonisst:

You be mumu, and there's nothing I can do to help you. You think you're in a Banana Republic where anything goes. Imagine the stupid example you're giving about CJN?

If dem born you and your master Tinubu or Buhari well, use DSS to block National Assembly that day and use minority to elect principal officers let's see how that pans out. Na body go tell you.

grin
Na mouth una sabi get, nothing more. Your chest go don get hole by now.
I ask you again. Apart from chest beating what have you guys done to the CJN removal?
That's your last mention from me tho.

7 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by lenghtinny(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2019
chimchim1:
And u forgot to mention Dimeji Bankole from South West as speaker � and Obj as the President?

Stop peddling lies.....

Dimeji was speaker during yaradua's tenure

3 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by sogodihno: 9:49am On Mar 31, 2019
Ratello:

See the aggressive APC clown falsely accusing an innocent person. Good governance entails the Senators pick their leaders among themselves in a democratic setting without interference from any useless and demonic APC President or Tinubu from Lagos do you get it? So you should shut up your ugly and smelly mouth next time before you run yourself down. Lawan and Gbajamiala will never emerge as Senate President and Speaker respectively, you can quote me on this

lolz! ode! so that those nonsense and ego massage that happen in the 8th Senate can repeat itself abi, u losers said more than this concerning Buhari presidency anyway.

lawan and gbajamila is the senate president and speaker respectively. kill urself. loser!

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Sinner1(m): 9:50am On Mar 31, 2019
I see this government crumbling if the said LAWAN and GBAJA are forced on Nass
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by MicroBox: 9:51am On Mar 31, 2019
@TonyeBarcanista so you're happy to say you are part of people who suggest and support candidature of Bukola Saraki in 2015? Which he emerged as Senate President and eventually hold Nigeria at Ransom.
Go hide you face @TonyeBarcanista.
Nigeria is extremely backward and we need to support any incumbent to contribute his own quota and if he/she is found guilty of wrongdoing, he should be prosecuted after his immunity expires since impeachment is almost impossible in Nigeria young democracy.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by MinCeteris: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2019
PDP apologist, why don't you mind your business. Wailing as usual.

Atiku is in court already, just wait calmly for the outcome.

4 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by LZAA: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Zoning is nowhere in the Constitution? Right! But same Bourdillon road people sponsored calumnious campaign between 2011 and 2015 that the Southwest is nowhere to be found in the top four offices even when they worked against Mulikat Akande for Speaker
grin grin grin grin
Sarrki wee avoid this statement
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Gandollar(f): 10:19am On Mar 31, 2019
tesppidd:
nor be only the broke na the broken

you think everyone is a snake like Saraki?
You are scared. You have every reason to be.
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by QuotaSystem: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2019
Jesse1991:
This writeup is absolute nonsense. It is a write up of an aggrieved PDP member who is looking for a way to frustrate this government but they won't succeed. Lawan and Femi are the best the national assembly can offer

I will like to believe the OP has risen above such self-destructive sentimental behaviour.

TonyeBarcanista, what exactly is a "rubber stamp" senate?

One that does not frustrate the President's agenda?
One that does not deliberately delay confirmation of appointments?
One that does not intentionally delay budget passing for selfish partisan gain?

We agreed that as this is PMB's last tenure, therefore he should be allowed the latitude to operate devoid of legislative sabotage, as he must take responsibility for any success or failures this tenure records.

I will go as far as saying that as far as the core North is concerned, as long as Tinubu's choice of senate leadership is in alignment with PMB's choice, then we will support him with twice as much fury as the opposition in ensuring that there is minimal to ZERO legislative sabotage in this coming 9th assembly. No Joke.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Sagay212: 10:21am On Mar 31, 2019
Hedonisst:

Yen yen yen...You nor go do nada...na for NL all your noise end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by oforjide: 10:22am On Mar 31, 2019
Everybody knows that lawan and femi are tinubu's candidates and this his desperation to install his puppets in all key positions will destroy his polical career.
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Sagay212: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2019
Lol...why should everything be always a fight against Tinubu to these goats. You are pretending as if you want the best for Nigerians and democracy, but your main problem is with Tinubu. Shebi na only Tinubu want lawan and gbaja... na Tinubu pick people way go SP and deputy abi?

I pray you people don't commit suicide over people who don't know you exist. Same people that will attend parties together and laugh together at your fool.ish.ness. their children are getting married to one another but you will come on NL to do rubbish hateful and envious analysis.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by oforjide: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2019
sogodihno:
who is still taking this Op serious, a failed analyst. leave APC to do their things the way they want to, and shove ur useless opinion in ur ass, go and face ur useless party.

Lawan is the senate president
Gbajamila is the speaker.

kill urself.
thunder fire u there tinubu willn't be allowed to imposed anybody to lead the NASS. The NASS isn't lagos state house assambly.
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Jilo83(m): 10:34am On Mar 31, 2019
Sen. Chinedu Okonkwo Representing Biafra East Senatorial District. I Am Going To Vote Bukola Saraki As Senate President 2019-2023.
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Afamed: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

He will lose. The National Assembly is not Lagos state House of Assembly that Bourdillon can dictate to. If Gbajabiamila is so good then make him Governor of Lagos state.

You have come again. We shall bookmark this thread for future reference again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Afamed: 10:37am On Mar 31, 2019
oforjide:
thunder fire u there tinubu willn't be allowed to imposed anybody to lead the NASS. The NASS isn't lagos state house assambly.
This one has started wailing in earnest

3 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by yashau(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

I have observed the lobbying and politics surrounding the race for National Assembly presiding officers and I think it is incumbent on me to air my opinion on why NASS members-elect, Peoples Democratic Party and Nigerians should resist Senator Ahmed Lawan and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila for the positions of Senate President and Speaker of House of Representative respectively.

1. Gbajabiamila Candidacy Is Against Equitable Distribution of Offices:
Having produced the Vice President of Nigeria, it becomes natural that another geopolitical zone in the country produce the number 4 citizen as it has been the tradition since 1999.

It may be recalled that at the return of the fourth republic, the Southwest produced the President, the Northeast had the Vice President, the Southeast had the Senate President and the Northwest produced Speaker of House of Representative and this arrangement lasted until 2007. Same tradition of equitable distribution was upheld in 2007-2011 when the Northwest produced the President, the Southsouth had the Vice President, the North central had Senate President while the Southwest had the Speaker through Patricia Etteh and Dimeji Bankole respectively. The arrangement was bound to be maintained until Aminu Tambuwal with support from the opposition as at then disrupted the arrangement, gifted the northwest 2 out of the 4 top offices and denied the Southwest and the entire south the position of Speaker. It however was restored in 2015 with NW (President), SW (VP), NC (Senate President) and NE (Speaker)

If those people in Bourdillon road that are fronting Femi Gbajabiamila candidacy were fair to the South and the nation, they would have presented someone from the Southeast or Southsouth for the position instead of another person from Southwest. The excuse that both zones didn't give APC ranking members or House members aren't tenable this time around.

Gbaja's candidacy is simply anti-south agenda by some sectional elements in Lagos. It is also anti-Nigeria agenda as it seeks to reward a particular zone with 2 out of the top for offices in the country leaving other 5 zones to scramble for 2 offices.

2. Gbajabiamila Candidacy Is Anti-Southwest:

The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has Lagos has his political base and he's more loyal to Lagos than his native Ogun state. Femi Gbajabiamila is also of Lagos state and his puppeteers want to make him speaker, meanwhile, there are other APC Rep members in Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ekiti and Ondo states but they ignored them and narrowed it to Femi so as to serve their own selfish interest. These same people refused to support Hon Lasun the outgoing Deputy Speaker even though he's Yoruba all through his four years tenure simply because he wasn't their anointed. It clearly shows that contrary to what Femi sponsors would want the people of southwest to believe, they are pushing Femi to represent them not the zone.

3. Northcentral Or Dogara Should Get Speakership:
Personally, I believe equity demands that the position of Senate President or Speaker should go to a Rep member from either the Southeast or Southsouth zone, but since this may not be feasible due to political realities, I think the PDP, NASS members-elect and Nigerians should support a credible and independent person from the North central for the position, or if by slim chance Yakubu Dogara stand a chance, he should be supported. As stated above, it will be unpatriotic and evil to reward Southwest the position of Speaker when they have the office of Vice President while zones like Northcentral, Southeast and southsouth are left with nothing.

4. PDP Can Stop Ahmad Lawan SP Bid:

With forty three Senators-elect already, PDP need at least thirteen aggrieved APC Senators-elect to defeat Ahmad Lawan, the unpopular anointed of the APC for the Senate President seat. Already aggrieved APC Senators-elect like Uzor Kalu of Abia, Ali Ndume of Borno and Danjuma Goje of Gombe and their supporters have vowed to challenge for the seat in June and with the traditional secret ballot system of voting. I have no doubt that PDP would either produce someone among them as Senate President or endorse one of the aggrieved as PDP adopted candidate. I will see how Lawan will emerge Senate President or whether Adams Oshiomole will be able to rig him in.

5. We Did It In 2015, We Can Do It Again

About four years ago, specifically, June 7, 2015, I, alongside loyalists of PDP, openly called on PDP leaders and NASS members-elect to counter the anointing of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila by voting for Senator Bukola Saraki and Hon Yakubu Dogara for the positions of Senate President and Speaker of House of Representative respectively! We triumphed against all odd. (Ref: https://www.nairaland.com/2362944/open-campaign-adoption-sen-saraki).

May God Bless Us and Bless Nigeria

TonyeBarcanista writes from Abuja and can be reached at TonyeBarcanista@gmail.com
this otondo again, nobody takes you seriously again.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by bizzibodi(m): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2019
Gandollar:
PDP should go for the broke. Yes we can! Yes we should!

Trust me people, only a PDP led 9th Senate can position this great nation on the desired path of growth and prosperity.

A rubber stamp Senate in this era is a no-no for well meaning Nigerians.

By the way, buhari is not in charge and it can only get worse as he ages and his undisclosed ailments continue to weigh him down.

After hiding for several months, he had no choice than to come out and campaign and we all saw the true state of affairs of the one whom has been entrusted with the destiny of 200m Nigerians.

The cabal is in charge. The cabal is a ruthless faceless mafia and would stop at nothing until they have defeated the most crucial substance that bind us together as a nation.

Only an opposition led NAss can cut down their excesses.
U always say Buhari is weak, incapacitated that d cabal is in charge,u never blamed d cabal when onoghen was suspended,u never blamed d cabal when Nnamdi Kanu was detained,u never blamed d cabal when fuel price was increased,u never blamed d cabal for d present state of affairs.....but why blame Buhari for everything under d sun since he is not in charge? grin

5 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Mace0lane: 10:46am On Mar 31, 2019
What he raise Are usual failure he is accustomed to no more no less
Ratello:

You can never grow thinking in this stone age way when we are already in a new era. What the op raised is very germane to the future of our democracy but instead of you to debate the topic, you veered off the issue and got yourself busy discussing the op like a small mind. Grow up
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 31, 2019
Whose interest are these politicians fighting for in the first place?
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by BRASH: 10:54am On Mar 31, 2019
Ratello:

You can never grow thinking in this stone age way when we are already in a new era. What the op raised is very germane to the future of our democracy but instead of you to debate the topic, you veered off the issue and got yourself busy discussing the op like a small mind. Grow up
Its a lie. A zombie can never grow up. They are allergic to intellectual discussion and would rather respond with insults and name calling. To them, everything is about apc even it it is at the expense of his own life. They will still be ranting sai Baba while drowning. So My brother, don't bother yourself correcting a zombie, especially a certified one at that. It useless.

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by BRASH: 10:56am On Mar 31, 2019
Baselm:
As far as I am concerned, Gbajabiamila had proven over the years to be the most qualified for the speakership position. he has sponsored a lot of people oriented bills, recently he sponsored a bill against estimated bill and his eloquence and charisma is wonderful.

I won't be surprised if he lost because Nigeria has always been known to reject capable men and later do what they know how to do best, Complain.
Just like we are complaining today under Buhari. You are right
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by BRASH: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2019
Baselm:
For those who just hate Tinubu, although he might be imposing but his guys are known for excellence performance everywhere they are. Think of Fashola, he was arguably the best Governor of his tenure, Ambode despite the rejection is one of the best performing governors, Aregbesola transformed Osun state, Osinbajo is in my opinion the best VP ever in the history of Nigeria.

Gbajambiamila should be supported based on his antecedents in the house of representative and not based on any recommendation or politicking and I bet he will beat every other competitor hands down.
The evil Motive of the person recommending has overrides whatever antecedents he has. His inevitable compromise will eventually be at the detriment of the country. We all know that your beloved Jagaban is doing all these things for his selfish interest and not for the interest of the country. The wise know his plans. It's only zombies, his loyal asslickers that will never see anything wrong with this evil plot of hijacking the NASS.
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Lokostic77: 11:07am On Mar 31, 2019
Tony you're PDP member why can't you leave APC alone to put their house in order this is party affairs so why using panadol for another person headache, if they like senate president and speaker comes from the same region what I want is good governance then you can't compare era of PDP to this time simply bcoz PDP had 98.99% of the legislature so its very easy for them to share the formula but now it's very difficult especially south east who doesn't know how to play politics along with the other region , South East can never be senate president or deputy president the highest they can give them will be chief whip, oga pack well all this your epistle did not help anybody.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2019
I am sick of all this bla bla this country should be restructure or divided the only solution to this country
Re: NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected by haffaze777(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2019
All Tonyebarcanista need from gbajabiamila and lawan is little egunje,he will come back and write another article on how both of them are the best thing for Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Activities Of Bandits Have Surprised Me ― Buhari / Imo Women Shut Sterling Global Oil Company Over Unpaid Burial Rites / Amangwu Ohafia In Abia Deserted As Gunmen Launch Attacks, Kill Many Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.