Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives (30968 Views)

Nigeria Procures 32 Fighter Aircraft, Drones In Six Years / Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Fighters While Planting IEDs Near Sambisa Forest / Hope Uzodinma Procures Innoson Vehicles For 'Operation Search And Flush' In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by AutoReportNG: 1:38am On Mar 31, 2019
Paramount Group sold its MARAUDER armoured vehicle and personnel carrier, equipped with a Jordanian-made snake head turret fitted with a 7.62mm machine gun, to the Republic of Nigeria, in partnership with the Nigerian Air Force. The move comes as the West African nation is bolstering its efforts to effectively tackle a wide range of threats posed by various terrorist and extremist groups.

The vehicle can withstand a side blast (IED or roadside bomb) equivalent to 50kg of explosives, which is critical for the assymetrical warfare experienced in Northern parts of the country. The MARAUDER is further equipped with specially designed anti-blast seats, which prevent injury from the extreme acceleration of a side blast or mine blast under the hull. It offers great fire power to protect its crew against heavy attacks and can be fitted with a wide range of weapons systems.

"We are privileged to work alongside the Nigerian Air Force, commending, through the acquisition and deployment of the MARAUDER, their continued commitment to enhancing their national defence and internal security capabilities and prowess," Senior Vice President of Paramount Group, Eric Ichikowitz, stated. "Nigeria’s Government also understands not only the leadership role they play in international peacekeeping missions across the ECOWAS but indeed how to effectively address the evolutionary nature of those cross-regional challenges posed by threats such as organized insurgencies."

Paramount Group's subsidiary Paramount Maritime received orders for dozens of rigid hull inflatable boats (RHIB) in 2018 in a multipurpose effort by the Nigerian Navy to defend its blue economy and coastline, for the continued military training of its Special Forces, rescue and patrol operations and for the protection of the nation’s oil and gas assets.

"We look forward to building on our strong and longstanding relationship in support of Nigeria’s Armed Forces, by providing highly innovative and advanced solutions to embolden the nation’s frontlines of modern-day defence and security," Ichikowitz concluded. "Increased security leads to increased economic growth and Paramount’s proven, portable manufacturing model can play an important role in the establishment of local manufacturing capabilities enabling the diversification of the nation’s economy and the potential to foster sustainable job creation. These are shared efforts that we believe to be vital to maintaining Nigeria’s continued trajectory."

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/nigeria-procures-marauder-armoured.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by AutoReportNG: 1:39am On Mar 31, 2019

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by greatnaija01: 1:53am On Mar 31, 2019
YES O IT CAN WITHSTAND ANYTHING LIKE WHAT WE HAVE WATCHED IN AMERICAN WAR MOVIES....

BUUUUUUUTTTTT

it can NOT withstand our level of KWARUPSHUN.

I wont be shocked if the BOKO guys steal it sef... is it not Naija.. where animals can swallow CBN cash? lmao... grin grin grin

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by faithfull18(f): 2:13am On Mar 31, 2019
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by yerokunphilips: 2:26am On Mar 31, 2019
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by socialmediaman: 2:28am On Mar 31, 2019
Ok.... except you shouldn’t be surprised to hear it was captured by BH during an invasion. FG should keep deceiving themselves. GEJ did this and that, now Buhari has been there 4 years, same issues persist

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by akilo1: 3:51am On Mar 31, 2019
Sai baba..who this news pain make he argue with his keyboard

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by amstamon: 3:52am On Mar 31, 2019
Hehehhe, Nigeria my country!! I sure say the price don dey over padded by whoever dey in charge of procurement. Only in my country government dey buy motor 300million when the initial price na just 30million. If u doubt me, go ask saraki grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by akilo1: 3:54am On Mar 31, 2019
socialmediaman:
Ok.... except you shouldn’t be surprised to hear it was captured by BH during an invasion. FG should keep deceiving themselves. GEJ did this and that, now Buhari has been there 4 years, same issues persist
Biafra spotted..slow down..u have 4 years to gnash your teeth

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by MrMcJay(m): 3:54am On Mar 31, 2019
Your country's army bought equipment to fight terrorists killing fellow citizens, yet you're unhappy just because of politics.

There is a difference between opposition politics and encompassing stupidity.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by izuch(m): 3:58am On Mar 31, 2019
Boko Haram has come to stay, too many people are getting rich from the insurgence and more are looking for a way to get rich from the non ending war. I can only imagine how much must have been looted by way of price inflation/kick backs from the purchase of the above vehicle.
Abeg na only one them buy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by ebujany(m): 4:10am On Mar 31, 2019
bokoharam future attack vehicle....no be 9ja again?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by CodeTemplar: 4:11am On Mar 31, 2019
Book haram is the baby of northern Nigeria and the equipment being procured will somehow be used.
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by LazyGold(m): 4:16am On Mar 31, 2019
How some people seem to be able to wail and Cry over everything amazes me

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by Nobody: 4:18am On Mar 31, 2019
LazyGold:
How some people seem to be able to wail and Cry over everything amazes me

Because unlike you we know these things are barely what Nigeria needs atm to improve the current situation we are

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by utenwuson: 4:19am On Mar 31, 2019
one good news....hope boko boys them no go seize am
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by LazyGold(m): 4:21am On Mar 31, 2019
Edoloaded:

Because unlike you we know these things are barely what Nigeria needs atm to improve the current situation we are

You are Misters Know all, hmm cool

Even if something is wrong that doesn't mean we should wail over it all the time. Positive life and mindset is the best

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by Onlinealaba(m): 4:25am On Mar 31, 2019
This looks like another version of MRAP , military procurement has went on solo for some few years now.. I just hope we will get things right and flush out the insurgents once and for all

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 31, 2019
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by chiedu7: 4:30am On Mar 31, 2019
The Army sends fulani soldiers to fight unarmed IPOB.

Then sends Southerners to go and fight Boko Haram.

Bolowolowo:
Hopefully Baba also uses this during the next python dance in SE. These vehicles ought to flatten their already flattened skulls grin grin grin

The fear una get for Biafra is amazing.

If not why send in the Army against unarmed people?

Not only that we all know that una dey fear us leaving,na why una wan keep us by force. angry

Sorry we are leaving grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 31, 2019
LazyGold:

You are Misters Know all, hmm cool

Even if something is wrong that doesn't mean we should wail over it all the time. Positive life and mindset is the best

Bro it's not like we don't see the positive aspects tho, the thing is Nigeria is way behind. And with such pace we might not even catch up with Ghana talkless of other developing nations...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by LazyGold(m): 4:37am On Mar 31, 2019
Edoloaded:

Bro it's not like we don't see the positive aspects tho, the thing is Nigeria is way behind. And with such pace we might not even catch up with Ghana talkless of other developing nations...

Just be positive about it and I believe Nigeria will be just good.
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by Creampro: 4:43am On Mar 31, 2019
Vehicle that soldiers will run away and leave for Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by ibrutex(m): 4:47am On Mar 31, 2019
But can it withstands lie Muhammed's lies
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by handsomeyinka(m): 5:11am On Mar 31, 2019
I trust my igbo friends,they will convert this truck for Uber.
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by iluvdonjazzy: 5:16am On Mar 31, 2019
great
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by AFONJACOW(m): 5:31am On Mar 31, 2019
This one will end up in South East where there is no war, if you believe Nigeria Army are useless press like, share If you think otherwise

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by kayusely70(m): 5:34am On Mar 31, 2019
A good development, more should be procured to give bite to the elimination of the jihadists.
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by ifymadu: 5:40am On Mar 31, 2019
Great news if they won't end up handing a few over to boko haram. Most of boko haram's hardwares were seized from Nigeria troops during raids on army formations in the north east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:09am On Mar 31, 2019
I hope Boko Haram will not steal it from them
Re: Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:16am On Mar 31, 2019
akilo1:
Sai baba..who this news pain make he argue with his keyboard
your sai baba who cannot stop bh in 4years.

Buhari is useless, quote me anywhere.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel's Killers Are Being Held In A Correctional Center - Police / Nigerian Army Re-engages Retired Soldiers / Protest Against Wike In Abuja For Killing Of Police Officers In Rivers Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.