Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Scammer Alert. Don't Buy Containers From Them! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammer Alert. Don't Buy Containers From Them! (703 Views)

The Containers Containing Expired Rice That Customs Seized At The Port - Photos / Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa / 6 Containers Of Poisonous Tomato Paste Arrive Nigeria From Iran - Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scammer Alert. Don't Buy Containers From Them! by Smartjob1(f): 2:50am On Mar 31, 2019
This is to inform the general public that there are many fraudsters posing as NPA workers who also sell containers. They claim to have 20ft, 40ft at ridiculously low prices. This is my experience last week:

I wanted to buy 20ft container and customize it into an office a month ago. I posted it here on nairaland. The following day, a guy named EYO (also known as McDonald Charles and his phone number is 09039496320). He called me and told me he had some containers for sale at Onne Port, Rivers state. I said I was going to get across to him as soon as I was ready to pick it up. He said he was recently transferred to Onne port from Lagos. I said, OK!

Last two weeks, another guy called me and asked if I had containers for sale. They needed 200pieces of 20ft and 200pieces of 40ft. I said I would get back to him. I called Mr EYO (though I was not ready yet, we could do some businesses together nonetheless I thought) and told about the new development. EYO said he had 150pieces of 20ft on ground at Onne port and 100pieces of 40ft on their way. EYO said he sells them for N170k for 20ft and 270k for 40ft. I said Ok then called back to the buyer to inform him that some were currently available although, not up to 200. The buyer said he would like to see them and certify that they were export standard.

I called EYO to let him know that the buyer was interested and we would be coming down to Onne to inspect the containers. He then came up with PORT PERMIT papers which I and the buyers must have before we could be granted access to see the available containers. He insisted that the money must be paid into his FCMB account number. I sensed a scam immediately. Being a novice in port matters, I told him that as it stood then, I cannot give him 25k for port permit until the buyers see what was available. I also made him understand that his profit from that deal, if it pulls through, would be N5m at least. So, what is 25k compared to 5m?

EYO still insisted that we must give him the 25k before the port could grant us access. Initially, I thought the buyers were the scammers (requesting for 200 pieces that run into many millions of naira). The buyers said they would pay the 25k so as to get the permit and see the goods and if they like what they saw, they would go ahead and make the purchases.

I told them that they should not pay any dime until we get to Onne port gate then we can verify and pay. We drove to Onne port, passed the first gate, passed the second gate and got to the FOT without anyone asking us any questions about port permit.

As soon as we were at the FOT, I called Mr EYO again to inform him that we had gained access without the permit and he should direct us to his office or come out and take us to the place where the containers are. EYO said NO! He insisted we must pay him the 25k for him to come out and see us. Immediately he said that, I told him to send his account details for the money to be transferred to him. The mumu quickly sent his account details as stated below:

Acct name: MacDonald Charles
Acct number: 1865097012
Bank: FCMB

His phone number is 09039496320

We met some NPA, Onne workers and told them what happened. They laughed hard and told us were just smart not to have paid any dime. First, Onne port hardly ever sells containers. So, anyone telling you that the Nigerian Ports Authority sells containers is a scammer. Secondly, there is nothing like port permit at the main entrance.

Just this Friday, I was able to get the buyers genuine sellers. Nestoil Plc sells some of their containers (20ft and 40ft). In case you need good containers, contact genuine sellers biko.

Beware of scammers!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

US Mum Seeks Mercy For Dad Who Killed Five Children / Angry Boy Fights Masquerade For Snatching His Money (Photos) / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.