Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. (10771 Views)

Why God Allows This? / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by pinkpearl17(f): 6:30am On Mar 31, 2019
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33 NLT

One of the most important part of being a Christian is knowing that it does not make us immune to life's troubles and struggles.

As Christians, God never promised us a hitch-free ride all the way. In fact, the scripture says, many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers them from it all. It is easy for us to question the goodness and greatness of God when things go awry.

You can still be doing things right and suffer.
Therefore, those who are ill-treated and suffer in accordance with the will of God must [continue to] do right and commit their souls [for safe-keeping] to the faithful Creator.

1 PETER 4:19 AMP

So yes, why does God allow us go through trials? Does it mean He does not love us? Certainly not! God's love for us is unquestionable. Here are reasons why we may get afflicted

1. Afflictions teach us perseverance
Consider it nothing but joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you fall into various trials. Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing.

JAMES 1:2‭-‬4 AMP

2. Trials increase our knowledge and they help us learn God’s Word.
It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes.

PSALMS 119:71 AMP

3. To discipline us
Hebrews 12:5-11 “And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

4. Sometimes our trials come as a result of our mistakes

Honestly speaking, i have taken wrong steps at certain periods of my life and neglected the word of God and i have had to deal with the consequences. If you commit murder, you go to jail. Bad lifestyle choices can cause sickness. God forgives us but we still have to face the natural consequences of our actions.
Proverbs 19:2-3 “Desire without knowledge is not good– how much more will hasty feet miss the way! A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the LORD.”
For every person will have to bear [with patience] his own burden [of faults and shortcomings for which he alone is responsible].

GALATIANS 6:5 AMP

But despite our mistakes, God still finds a way to use it for a greater good.

5. To keep you humble
even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

2 Corinthians 12:7 NLT

As humans, we may tend to forget the inportance of humility in our daily walk as Christians so we sometimes face situations which tends to put us in check so we don't fall to destruction.

6. To partake in the sufferings of Christ and be more like Him.
Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.

If you are insulted because you bear the name of Christ, you will be blessed, for the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you. If you suffer, however, it must not be for murder, stealing, making trouble, or prying into other people’s affairs. But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name!

1 Peter 4:12‭-‬16 NLT

In suffering, the life of Christ is more visible in us as Christ was heavily persecuted while on earth.
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.

Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.2 Corinthians 4:8‭-‬10 NLT

7. To develop strength of character
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.

And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

Romans 5:3‭-‬5 NLT

8. To be more empathetic about the plight of others
He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation!

For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer.

2 Corinthians 1:4‭-‬6 NLT

I know it seems when we are in troubled times, the world should stop and focus on us, afterall, you are in pains. On the contrary, this is an opportunity to reach out to those who might be passing through something similar and encourage them. Whether you are grieving the death of a loved one or the marriage has unravelled. Helping others gives us an upliftment of Spirit.

9. For eternal glory
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

2 Corinthians 4:16‭-‬18 NLT

A process unto santification. To purify us.
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.

So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.1 Peter 1:6‭-‬7 NLT

What happens after?

Blessed [happy, spiritually prosperous, favored by God] is the man who is steadfast under trial and perseveres when tempted; for when he has passed the test and been approved, he will receive the [victor’s] crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.JAMES 1:12 AMP

Finally friends, all things work together for good to them that are in Christ Jesus. I know it may not seem that way when we are plagued by adversity but nevertheless hold on to the word of God. It is the only assurance. Don't let the devil convince you otherwise.

We all face storms in life, some more difficult than the others. But we all go through trials and tribulations, that is why we have the gift of faith. -Joyce Meyer

Stay blessed
https://musingsandroses./2019/03/31/reasons-why-god-allows-trials-and-tribulations/

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by LuckyM: 6:54am On Mar 31, 2019
God is the master planner

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by malvisguy212: 7:15am On Mar 31, 2019
The difference between trial and temptation is.
temptation: "Do this pleasant thing and do not let yourself hindered by the fact that it is wrong," whereas
trial says, "Do this good and noble thing, and do not let yourself be hindered by the fact that it is painful".

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 31, 2019
Yesterday I lost my phone and laptop of nearly 300k

I lost it helping a pregnant runs woman.

I know that God is trying to humble me. But God she for thief only my power bank....

My laptop has everything in it.
Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by CAPSLOCKED: 8:14am On Mar 31, 2019
LuckyM:
God is the master planner

ALLOWS TRIAL AND TRIBULATIONS, OR CREATES THEM?

AS THE MASTER PLANNER WHO EVERYTHING HAPPENS ACCORDING TO HIS WILL, THE KIDNAP, RAPE, AND KILLING OF INNOCENT SCHOOL GIRLS AND YOUNG LADIES IS ALL PART OF HIS MASTER PLAN AND WILL.
LET'S NOT FORGET FATAL ACCIDENTS, COLLAPSING BUILDINGS, HERDSMEN INVASION AND OTHER DISASTERS.

LET THAT SINK IN.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by seunayeni(m): 8:20am On Mar 31, 2019
Beautiful piece, thank you smiley.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 31, 2019
TarOrfeek:

I know that God is trying to humble me. But God she for thief only my power bank....

You are right, God is trying to humble you by using you to bless the thief

It is not the thief fault, it is God's.

Next God will use your wife to humble you by making her sleep around with a riffraff, it is just god testing your level of commitment, nothing special no need reporting to the police, it's God's fault

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 31, 2019
There is no any trial and tribulations, Christan should stop the victim mentality, there is absolutely nothing that ever happen to Christians to never happen to non-christian, when a Christian do not have a child, it's God testing him, if a non-christian is barren it is God punishing him? If a Christian die in accident God knows all thing, if a non-christian dies it is a result of his sins, religions keep manipulating simple logic

You been a Christian on a plane does not reduce your chances of having a plane crash - ask pastor bimbo odukoya- while been a non Christian doesn't increase your chances either

We are all subject to nature -EQUALLY

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Naijatask: 8:25am On Mar 31, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

You are right, God is trying to humble you by using you to bless the thief

It is not the thief fault, it is God's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Topmaike007(m): 8:26am On Mar 31, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

ALLOWS TRIAL AND TRIBULATIONS, OR CREATES THEM?

AS THE MASTER PLANNER WHO EVERYTHING HAPPENS ACCORDING TO HIS WILL, THE KIDNAP, RAPE, AND KILLING OF INNOCENT SCHOOL GIRLS AND YOUNG LADIES IS ALL PART OF HIS MASTER PLAN AND WILL.
LET'S NOT FORGET FATAL ACCIDENTS, COLLAPSING BUILDINGS, HERDSMEN INVASION AND OTHER DISASTERS.

LET THAT SINK IN.
get behind me Satan cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Blakjewelry(m): 8:27am On Mar 31, 2019
when you are no longer religious the whole picture becomes real clearer

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Vince77(m): 8:27am On Mar 31, 2019
Both person wey dey serve God well and the one wey no dey serve God well dey suffer the same thing.

So?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Houseofglam7(f): 8:28am On Mar 31, 2019
undecided
Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 31, 2019
This is my Belief.

The so-called Prophets were Philosophers of their Time, even the so-called Holy Books were written by the past Philosophers through their connection to the Infinite Intelligence.

It baffles me when some people comes out and tell me that the book with numbered pages is the Word of God. Whenever you state an opinion outside the context of the so-called Word of God, they label you an Antichrist.

Are you guys trying to tell me the Words God Spoke, Speaks and can ever Speak have been concealed in a book? If you think am crazy, can anyone compress all your spoken words since the day you were born till this time in a Book? If no one can, why is God's case different?
Remember, He's the Omnipotent.

There is More to God Almighty than the so-called Holy Books.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by kovic7(m): 8:30am On Mar 31, 2019
This is disgusting to think that God would allow trials to make us humble or whatever...so, The children that are killed everyday, God allowed it to make their parents humble right?? abi is it not the same God that blessed the parents with the children?? you guys are making Christianity look shit because of illogical statements everywhere... this disaster, rapes and terrorism have no justification whatsoever no matter how u try to use scripture to defend it.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by hopefulLandlord: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2019
okay
Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by hopefulLandlord: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2019
This gon be good
Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by dionysus7: 8:42am On Mar 31, 2019
you say your god is all powerful and all merciful. he has infinite power to do anything and mercy that knows no bound and yet he comes up with trials and tribulations. either he is neither of the two claims or he is also a sociopath.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by 24biznes(f): 8:52am On Mar 31, 2019
It is well as it hasn't been easy @ll for me as a female Student that I am but I still I believe I will conquer because currently I am so having a serious issue with paying my school fees of 42k.. Hope God blesses and touches someone's heart to help me with this dire need.. God bless us all. Is there any way OP can help me with this burden.. I've been in really need of help since I lost my Sponsor.. I deeply pray someone understands. God bless us all.. PH No: 09061621089...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by freethinker01: 8:53am On Mar 31, 2019
Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by pinkpearl17(f): 9:07am On Mar 31, 2019
TarOrfeek:

I am so sorry. I lost a gold chain worth a lot of money too while helping out someone. I decided rather than mourn it, I see it that the thief will get to eat and i pray for their soul.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by crafteck(m): 9:19am On Mar 31, 2019
We all keep acting like we understand God with all these religious guess works

3 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by tochez24(m): 9:43am On Mar 31, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
This is my Belief.

The so-called Prophets were Philosophers of their Time, even the so-called Holy Books were written by the past Philosophers through their connection to the Infinite Intelligence.

It baffles me when some people comes out and tell me that the book with numbered pages is the Word of God. Whenever you state an opinion outside the context of the so-called Word of God, they label you an Antichrist.

Are you guys trying to tell me the Words God Spoke, Speaks and can ever Speak have been concealed in a book? If you think am crazy, can anyone compress all your spoken words since the day you were born till this time in a Book? If no one can, why is God's case different?
Remember, He's the Omnipotent.

There is More to God Almighty than the so-called Holy Books.

you are utterly stupid���
Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 31, 2019
tochez24:

you are utterly stupid���

A round of Applause for you

We see others the exact way we are

4 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by mrZENographer: 9:53am On Mar 31, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

A round of Applause for you

We see others the exact way we are
Are you looking for spiritual growth and to Make Heaven your ultimate vision, come to The Lord's Chosen.

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Iykesmooth: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2019
God please let my trails and tribulations end with this month.

I am tired and I need change. It's been long overdue

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Ohraykon: 10:25am On Mar 31, 2019
mrZENographer:
Are you looking for spiritual growth and to Make Heaven your ultimate vision, come to The Lord's Chosen.
dat yeye church una like nonsense sha.....
Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by LordReed(m): 10:25am On Mar 31, 2019
More like "9 reasons why even though I am special, I still am just like everyone else".

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by sarmuel97(m): 10:26am On Mar 31, 2019
Thank you Jesus!!

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2019
I REALLY NEEDED THIS . I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH A LOT OF STUFF. GOD IS STILL ALWAYS GOOD.

#IAMGREATNESS
pinkpearl17:

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33 NLT

One of the most important part of being a Christian is knowing that it does not make us immune to life's troubles and struggles.

As Christians, God never promised us a hitch-free ride all the way. In fact, the scripture says, many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers them from it all. It is easy for us to question the goodness and greatness of God when things go awry.

You can still be doing things right and suffer.
Therefore, those who are ill-treated and suffer in accordance with the will of God must [continue to] do right and commit their souls [for safe-keeping] to the faithful Creator.

1 PETER 4:19 AMP

So yes, why does God allow us go through trials? Does it mean He does not love us? Certainly not! God's love for us is unquestionable. Here are reasons why we may get afflicted

1. Afflictions teach us perseverance
Consider it nothing but joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you fall into various trials. Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing.

JAMES 1:2‭-‬4 AMP

2. Trials increase our knowledge and they help us learn God’s Word.
It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes.

PSALMS 119:71 AMP

3. To discipline us
Hebrews 12:5-11 “And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

4. Sometimes our trials come as a result of our mistakes

Honestly speaking, i have taken wrong steps at certain periods of my life and neglected the word of God and i have had to deal with the consequences. If you commit murder, you go to jail. Bad lifestyle choices can cause sickness. God forgives us but we still have to face the natural consequences of our actions.
Proverbs 19:2-3 “Desire without knowledge is not good– how much more will hasty feet miss the way! A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the LORD.”
For every person will have to bear [with patience] his own burden [of faults and shortcomings for which he alone is responsible].

GALATIANS 6:5 AMP

But despite our mistakes, God still finds a way to use it for a greater good.

5. To keep you humble
even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

2 Corinthians 12:7 NLT

As humans, we may tend to forget the inportance of humility in our daily walk as Christians so we sometimes face situations which tends to put us in check so we don't fall to destruction.

6. To partake in the sufferings of Christ and be more like Him.
Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.

If you are insulted because you bear the name of Christ, you will be blessed, for the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you. If you suffer, however, it must not be for murder, stealing, making trouble, or prying into other people’s affairs. But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name!

1 Peter 4:12‭-‬16 NLT

In suffering, the life of Christ is more visible in us as Christ was heavily persecuted while on earth.
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.

Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.2 Corinthians 4:8‭-‬10 NLT

7. To develop strength of character
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.

And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

Romans 5:3‭-‬5 NLT

8. To be more empathetic about the plight of others
He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation!

For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer.

2 Corinthians 1:4‭-‬6 NLT

I know it seems when we are in troubled times, the world should stop and focus on us, afterall, you are in pains. On the contrary, this is an opportunity to reach out to those who might be passing through something similar and encourage them. Whether you are grieving the death of a loved one or the marriage has unravelled. Helping others gives us an upliftment of Spirit.

9. For eternal glory
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

2 Corinthians 4:16‭-‬18 NLT

A process unto santification. To purify us.
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.

So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.1 Peter 1:6‭-‬7 NLT

What happens after?

Blessed [happy, spiritually prosperous, favored by God] is the man who is steadfast under trial and perseveres when tempted; for when he has passed the test and been approved, he will receive the [victor’s] crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.JAMES 1:12 AMP

Finally friends, all things work together for good to them that are in Christ Jesus. I know it may not seem that way when we are plagued by adversity but nevertheless hold on to the word of God. It is the only assurance. Don't let the devil convince you otherwise.

We all face storms in life, some more difficult than the others. But we all go through trials and tribulations, that is why we have the gift of faith. -Joyce Meyer

Stay blessed
https://musingsandroses./2019/03/31/reasons-why-god-allows-trials-and-tribulations/

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 31, 2019
mrZENographer:

cheesy

The picture attached depicts Exalted Paganism.

Seek Knowledge

(1) (2) (Reply)

Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. / Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments / Stephen Oni: Buhari Should Not Contest 2019 Election - Says Anglican Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.