Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

How To Use Two Computers With One Internet Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Two Computers With One Internet Modem (5899 Views)

How To Connect Two Computers With An Ethernet Cable / How To Connect Two Computers With An Ethernet Cable / New Desktop Computers With 17'' Lcd Monitors For 35k Only ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Two Computers With One Internet Modem by amsabme: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2010
please, I want to know how to connect two computers using crossover cable to browse the internet with single starcomms or visafone modem
Re: How To Use Two Computers With One Internet Modem by JUO(m): 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2010
simply by sharing the internet port and entering ip, for the other to pick from
Re: How To Use Two Computers With One Internet Modem by Damix007(m): 4:16am On Sep 09, 2010
You can equally get a wireless router to transmit signals to the two laptops.
Re: How To Use Two Computers With One Internet Modem by routik(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2010
check this post, i think it will be useful to you.
Re: How To Use Two Computers With One Internet Modem by Ashiwaju(m): 1:04am On Sep 13, 2010
Simply right click your starcomms or multilinks network icon from my network places, click on properties, click on advance and click on enable internet sharing. Click apply!

This should only be done on the laptop connected directly to the starcomms or multilinks. It would generate an ip address for your ethernet port (192.168.0.1), connect the second computer using your cross over cable and be sure to have the ip address for the second computer set to automatically detect ip.

Still having issues, revert back to the thread

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#toolzshop.biz Is A Scam# / Please, I Need Activation Key For Easyworship 6 / STILL SELLING HOT: NEW AND PREOWNED GAMING LAPTOP DEALS...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.