Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? (2994 Views)

Smoking Vs Masturbation / Intermittent Fasting Vs. Eating Less: Which Is Better For Weight Loss? / Weed; Smoking Vs Eating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2019
If you’re torn between eating and smoking weed, let’s discuss their key differences.

Dosing

To avoid accidentally overdosing on cannabis, serving sizes are determined in dosing edibles. For example, 10 mg is the unit or serving size in Colorado. So, if you have a cannabis-infused brownie containing 100 mg of THC, you should divide it into 10 and consume only a piece of it at a time. In this manner, it will be easier for you to know how much you’re consuming.

A dosage’s effects can be elevated when taken on an empty stomach. They can also be affected by body weight and tolerance. However, it is much difficult to dose edibles than smoked weed is, either for recreational or medical use. And even dispensaries find it hard to capture the dose of their products.
In some cases, medical marijuana card users also overestimate the dose because of the delay between consumption and the onset of effects. But with inhaled weed, consumers are able to dose gradually as needed due to its instantaneous effects.

Metabolism and absorption

THC is absorbed differently in smoking and eating edibles. Many reports noted stronger effects from edibles than from vaporized or smoked cannabis. The reason behind this is that the THC is metabolized by the liver before entering the bloodstream when cannabis is consumed as an edible.

In this process, the THC is converted to 11-hydroxy-THC. It’s an active metabolite that has the ability to cross the blood and brain barrier – and so the stronger high. On the other hand, inhaled or smoked THC is metabolized in a different manner. In the inhaled method, the THC travels to the brain directly, so its effects kick in faster but disappear sooner, too.

Duration of the high

The effects of edibles kick in anywhere between 30 minutes to two hours from the time of consumption due to the manner they’re metabolized by the body. These effects, including euphoria, can last for several hours. A stronger body effect and head high are what to expect when edibles are consumed in large doses. More comfortable, milder effects are what to get when they’re taken in small doses. In all cases, start with one serving and be patient if you don’t want to have a bad trip. The duration of smoked marijuana can last for about two hours . Without even saying, there is a huge difference in the duration of effects between smoking and eating weed.

According to this source , the effects of smoked marijuana can last up to four hours while edibles up to 10 hours, but then, they also vary based on the dose taken, your tolerance and the strain used.

Full body effect

When vaping or smoking, the full body effect is instantaneous after the hit. Its intensity depends on the strain and the amount smoked. A few notable effects include euphoria, creative thoughts, immediate relaxation, and energy. However, the effects fade within the next hour. So, with smoking, you can literally feel how much of the THC you’re ingesting and when to have a break or stop. Without even saying, it is easier to dose and control THC when inhaled than eaten. For edibles, the full body effect is a different story due to the longer processing time involved before the effects would start to kick in and be experienced usually between 30 minutes to two hours after ingestion. The effects can last for several hours after the onset. With such action, you should be patient. Do not overdo with its use or else you will, again, have a bad experience that includes a borderline psychedelic experience — something you won’t be prepared for.

To reiterate, you should start off with a small dose (one unit). Do not push for more until you’re gauged with the effects of these edibles. Also, you must only take a dosage that you can handle. Wait for the full body effects before consuming more.

So, Which Is Healthier: Smoking Or Eating Weed?

Experiencing marijuana’s effects without smoking is healthier on the body and the lungs because it comes without the toxins, such as carbon monoxide, from the smoke. On a drawback to edibles, though, it is harder to dose and limit/control the high because it takes a longer time for the body to metabolize and feel its full body effects. And if not getting edibles from a reliable source or trusted pot dispensaries, for instance, the effects can be stronger than you expected them to be because of the significantly varying dosages.
Nevertheless, know what you’re ingesting, how much you can handle, and when to stop for pleasant effects.

SOURCE: https://www.dumblittleman.com/smoking-vs-eating-weed/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 31, 2019
Smoking at weekends
Re: Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? by dirtycoin(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2019
Interesting read.
Re: Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? by AlanForPie: 8:48am On Oct 23, 2020
Oh, what you said is very interesting, but in fact, these are very dubious arguments. I personally have been smoking marijuana for three years now, not for my health, but in order to relax after a hard day at work and it really relaxes. In addition, it does not affect my health at all. I used to eat weed, but then I decided to switch to smoking. So I soon thought about buying a pipe or bong, but could not find anything like it in stores. In the end, I found a cool article on the site on how to make a homemade bong and since then I have been smoking marijuana with a pipe.
Re: Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? by GabriellePeake: 4:35am On Jan 21, 2021
Damn, I think the answer is obvious - naturally, smoking is more harmful than edibles, because carcinogens are released from smoke due to burn, and they increase the risk of cancer. In addition, smokers do this much more often than those who do weed. But on the other hand, if you compare a person who smokes a pack of cigarettes for a month and someone who smokes marijuana every day, the second turns out to be more harmful. Also, do not forget about those who smoke tobacco by mixing it with herbs. In any case, you can find alternative and better quality stimulants, such as white vein borneo, where there are no harmful side effects.
Re: Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? by Jakumo(m): 6:41am On Jan 21, 2021
GabriellePeake:
Damn, I think the answer is obvious - naturally, smoking is more harmful than edibles, because carcinogens are released from smoke due to burn, and they increase the risk of cancer. In addition, smokers do this much more often than those who do weed. But on the other hand, if you compare a person who smokes a pack of cigarettes for a month and someone who smokes marijuana every day, the second turns out to be more harmful. Also, do not forget about those who smoke tobacco by mixing it with herbs. In any case, you can find alternative and better quality stimulants, such as white vein borneo, where there are no harmful side effects.

Very true. All smoke is carcinogenic to varying degrees, while eating cannabis extracts does not carry such risks. For those who do not like the heavy sedative effects of eating weed or its extracts, vaporizing is a far healthier alternative to smoking, and vaporizing produces a less sedative effect, because the vaporization temperature can be adjusted by the user, to obtain the desired effect, ranging from heavy sedative effect with higher temperatures, to a more uplifting effect at lower vaporization temperatures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmEfUiyulo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz6QveHJ4y4
Re: Smoking Vs Eating Weed: Which Is Healthier? by LongNipple(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2021
All these people that have been smoking, if they calculate how much they have burnt into their Lungs, since they started, e fit build house.

The worst part is that, these people smoke yet they take nothing to clean up their organs.

Well, I'm glad that some heavy smokers and substance takers are now looking for how to prevent Lung damage.

Wetin concern me...

let me go and deliver my products to all my Chronic Smoking/Substance taking addicted clients which washes their Lungs thereby removing all Toxins and dead cells that can damage the organs in their future thereby making it clean and healthy once again.

Bye

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Typhoid Wants To Kill Me Oooo / Why Do I Keep Getting Boils On My Private Part, Top Reasons / 30 Million Nigerians Unable To Go For Second Round With Their Wives:urgent Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.