Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Lagos Election: What Cleric Told Sanwo-olu Ahead Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Election: What Cleric Told Sanwo-olu Ahead Inauguration (296 Views)

Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt / Tinubu Ojo Endorses Sanwo-Olu Ahead APC Primaries / Conference 57 Endorses Sanwo-olu Ahead Direct Primaries In Lagos (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Election: What Cleric Told Sanwo-olu Ahead Inauguration by 5Ebiscoo: 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
The Diocesan Bishop of the Diocese of Lagos, Anglican Communion, Humphrey Olumakaiye, has urged the governor-elect Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to serve the people with the fear of God, diligence and humility.

The Bishop said this on Sunday at the thanksgiving service of Sanwo-Olu, at the St. Andrew Anglican Church, Okepopo, Lagos.

Concise News reports that Sanwo-Olu and his deputy Obafemi Hamzat, were at St. Andrew Anglican Church, Okepopo, Lagos, to give thanks to God for their victory at the just concluded general poll.

Olumakaiye said, “If you serve the people diligently, the people in return will serve you to the end. In all your programmes make sure you carry the people along.

“Respect every person under your leadership; one tree does not make a forest. Remember you were nobody before you became the bride of the nation. What can you give back to God?

“Remember how you moved to the crannies without breaking down. God is the source of our joy and happiness, have genuine heart for service, be strong and courageous.”

He further said, “To be successful in life you must do the right thing, moment by moment, day by day. You shared what happened when you keyed into our 21 days of fasting and prayer.

“Never leave or abandon God. Be full of humility, never be full of yourself. Pride changes angels into a devil. Don’t lack integrity.”

On his part, Sanwo-Olu said: “God is real, whatever you are asking God hold on to him. God answers prayers. I know that so much is expected from me by 20 million Lagos residents.

“I pray and hope that God will take Lagos to a greater height.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/03/31/lagos-election-what-cleric-told-sanwo-olu-ahead-inauguration/

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Rochas Okorocha & His Agents Plan To Burn Down Sensitive Government Offices / Court Kicks Out Delta North Senator-elect, Nwoboshi, Okays Nwoko / Nigeria’s Total Debt Stock Grows To N24.3 Trillion — DMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.