Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! (77206 Views)

Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. / My Wife Doesn't Like Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by alphaNomega: 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pkingman:
On her relationship with me at home: She is a perfect partner.. Very friendly and jovial, respects me.. Despite her busy schedule, she still takes out time to keep the home running.. Cooks and does chores, without bothering me to assist.. I hate domestic chores ..we have no maid because she said she doesn't need a maid. My mum and hers take turns to visit and assist.

On Intimacy... Good.. Top notch.. Na she dey rush me sef. We play, pray and laugh.. We even watch football matches together. We both support Arsenal. We hardly quarrel.

On social functions : She isn't the very outgoing type.. More of an indoor person but we attend dew occasions together and she acts just okay... Not cold, not overly excited.. But if we take pictures together, she will never upload that but will rather upload her personal picture.

On gifts : I don't know if it's because she has her own money and can easily afford anything I buy for her.. She has never asked me for anything, even cash I give her because I believe I have to. She only says thank you, no excitement at all. Is this how independent women act?
I complained about this to her parents and siblings.. They said that's how she is.. But I don't feel good about this.. It's so not feminine. As if I am not adding anything to her.

On changing my attitude towards her : She doesn't even want me to put her up on social media as well.. So if I stop that, it won't bother her.
I can't just start giving her cold attitude at home.. No reason for that. Besides, she may just enjoy the space and shun me.. That will be to my own detriment because she sure knows how to keep to herself and mind her business while I can't .

My concern is that my friends, relatives, colleagues show off their partners and celebrate them online. They take pictures and post.. They use their spouses on their DPs.If I don't do same, won't people think my marriage is having issues? And my wife being the reason for this just doesn't sit well with me. I am uncomfortable about it because normal women don't behave like this. They are proud of being married. They are usually crazy about their husbands and look for every opportunity to show them off,display gifts and all that... How many women will husband buy new car for And they won't show off online, at least on whatsapp? Even though she already has a car she bought before we got married, I thought this will be different, being a new car and a SUV...Haba!

Young man, you don't know what you have until you loose it. You have a peaceful home and you came on nairaland to seek ways to cause trouble.

That woman is my kind of lady, unfortunately she's married to you and you already have kids.

There is nothing wrong with your wife's behaviour, even her family told you that's how she is.

Good luck trying to fuçk up your home, I hope you don't succeed.

38 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by forray(m): 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2019
victorian:
Oga, you are not tall dark and handsome. Talk true make devil shame.

Anyways I understand what she's going through. Cause I almost got myself entrapped in such kind of marriage but counselling with my Pastor saved me on-time.
I'm not saying u are a bad person, neither am I saying u are ugly but the thing is this : you can be someonelse dream man , perfect and Denzel looking to another woman except your wife. Your wife has the idea of how her ideal man should look like.
Not all women are tall, dark and handsome as their ideal looking man. Some prefer average height, natural for looks with a muscular or athletic body. That's why God created us in different shapes and sizes.
And your wife who got married in her 30s must have seen it all, got heartbroken by the kind of guys, she would have love to marry and settle down with. But reality dawned on her, such guys won't make A good husband to her. Then u strolled along into life, she realised u are serious with marriage. She checked herself, she's not getting younger, what da heck! Lemme marry. I will simply resign my self to this marriage as long as I have a family with him. Who cares about happiness and love. Most marriages sef are just there.
And with what friends will always ring into our ears everyday. Marriage is not about love, it's about marrying a man who is ready and capable to stay married. Just be humble and calm, have your kids and have a business or career going for yourself. That's all. We don't always marry who we wish to marry and here we are with our kids. You cannot be selective anymore, forget about falling in love and just Marry! angry
That's exactly how your wife feels. She's resigned to her fate with u. She cannot leave u, cos she's determined to stay married. Her happiness is irrelevant as long as she's Mrs.

What a life sad

In my own case, I stopped myself on-time from marrying the guy who proposed to me, after opening my heart to my Pastor. My Pastor said do I want to be lifeless in the marriage, I said no with tears almost running down my cheeks. He said good, then don't marry him, cos u will regret it. Tell him kindly u simply don't love him, which is the truth. There and then I felt so free and alive, I even felt like hugging the pastor with so much joy! Lol
I told the guy, I'm sorry dear, I can't go thru with it. And I don't regret it. I feel free and alive! grin. I don't care about my age. I just want to feel at peace wit my soul and being.

His story is incomplete. He shld tell us more. How is intimacy btw them and their relationship indoors apart from the public show he wants and her attitude towards gift.

As for me, I am a very private person, don't like social media show off and I don't get too excited about gift. But my partner is the opposite. I let her have her way
but if its way out of my comfort zone, I caution her. So this might just be the way she is.

If she is failing in her duties as a wife then we have a problem

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
OP, at this point you and your wife ought to go for counselling and have a heart-to-heart. We can't be guessing what's going on in your wife's mind but your latest post shows that she does love you. Maybe she's keeping you hidden because of village people.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by encryptjay(m): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
Your wife is introvert, she does things at her frequency.
I still can't fathom why she keeps cropping you out of pictures.
You could ask her why she does that and see if she'll give you an honest answer.
Also, you have to take note of what she really likes. She's rare and stuff like car doesn't impress her.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by narrowpathy(m): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
Uncle forget the social media thing and enjoy your marriage like that. There is no perfect marriage anywhere and if posting of pics and messages on social media is the only imperfection in yours, you're in luck.

Count your blessings in the relationship and don't give yourself unnecessary heartache.

You say she's faithful, respects you, gives you peace of mind and maintains the home front. Oga what more can a man ask for? To hell with posting pictures and messages on social media in exchange of the above. Live and let live

16 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pkingman:
On her relationship with me at home: She is a perfect partner.. Very friendly and jovial, respects me.. Despite her busy schedule, she still takes out time to keep the home running.. Cooks and does chores, without bothering me to assist.. I hate domestic chores ..we have no maid because she said she doesn't need a maid. My mum and hers take turns to visit and assist.

On Intimacy... Good.. Top notch.. Na she dey rush me sef. We play, pray and laugh.. We even watch football matches together. We both support Arsenal. We hardly quarrel.

On social functions : She isn't the very outgoing type.. More of an indoor person but we attend dew occasions together and she acts just okay... Not cold, not overly excited.. But if we take pictures together, she will never upload that but will rather upload her personal picture.

On gifts : I don't know if it's because she has her own money and can easily afford anything I buy for her.. She has never asked me for anything, even cash I give her because I believe I have to. She only says thank you, no excitement at all. Is this how independent women act?
I complained about this to her parents and siblings.. They said that's how she is.. But I don't feel good about this.. It's so not feminine. As if I am not adding anything to her.

On changing my attitude towards her : She doesn't even want me to put her up on social media as well.. So if I stop that, it won't bother her.
I can't just start giving her cold attitude at home.. No reason for that. Besides, she may just enjoy the space and shun me.. That will be to my own detriment because she sure knows how to keep to herself and mind her business while I can't .

My concern is that my friends, relatives, colleagues show off their partners and celebrate them online. They take pictures and post.. They use their spouses on their DPs.If I don't do same, won't people think my marriage is having issues? And my wife being the reason for this just doesn't sit well with me. I am uncomfortable about it because normal women don't behave like this. They are proud of being married. They are usually crazy about their husbands and look for every opportunity to show them off,display gifts and all that... How many women will husband buy new car for And they won't show off online, at least on whatsapp? Even though she already has a car she bought before we got married, I thought this will be different, being a new car and a SUV...Haba!

Lol OP, exactly as i thought in front page, you don't have any problem in your marriage, If you know how many men are dieing, like literally dieing to have the life you have now, I have personally fallen in love with your woman as you've enlightened us further grin grin grin
Abeg carry go, she loves you and appreciates your marriage, but she has some character flaws, which has a lot more to do with the way she accepts gifts, the fact that she doesn't show off online has more to do with her introverted nature ( I guessed as much), I'm very much like that too honestly.
So you have leverage, don't bother so much about her online flamboyance or lack of it, thats her character, its like forcing a quiet person to become the center of attention in a social gathering, it'll surely go wrong
But bring up her behavior towards gifts and presents, let her know it makes you feel like you haven't done enough. I'm sure she'll try show a lot more vibrancy when next you gift her something, I also bet you'll not be impressed...

At this point your marriage is still young, what you can to is get used to and try to enjoy your partner for who she is rather than try to change her (no one is perfect, but her imperfection is something you can deal with surely!!, some others have to deal with nagging wives, cheating wives,lazy wives and a lot of other unthinkable problems, yours is a reserved wife, that tends to be dispassionate at certain times), years down the line if someone raises this issue of your wife being impersonal or too reserved, you'll be the first to laugh it off and say Abeg, thats how she is, leave matter grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by forray(m): 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pkingman:

Bro there is nothing wrong with ur wife jor.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by victorian(f): 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
forray:

His story is incomplete. He shld tell us more. How is intimacy btw them and their relationship indoors apart from the public show he wants and her attitude towards gift.

As for me, I am a very private person, don't like social media show off and I don't get too excited about gift. But my partner is the opposite. I let her have her way
but if its way out of my comfort zone, I caution her. So this might just be the way she is.

If[b] she is failing in her duties as a wife then we have a problem[/b]

Exactly! And I love the bolded.
That's what the op should be concerned about, not getting worried about his wife showing him off on social media and all. My own is, do your duty as my husband and father to our kids. I'm cool with it. Personally ,deep down i don't like show offs!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Gettreadyy(m): 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
if I were you, I will withdraw from her slowly, i will not eat her food regularly, i will not ask for sex, I will come back late most times, sometimes I will not come back home for days, i will make lots of calls when I am at home and laugh hard knowing she's around, i will play more Fifa soccer. if she's still indifferent and doesn't get the message, I will drop a divorce paper on a Monday morning and tell her to please sign it that I am no longer interested.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by cococandy(f): 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2019
You’ve met the type of woman you guys claim to like.
She’s not dependent on you AKA not a gold digger AKA not a leech.
She’s not a woman who loves to use social media AKA not a slay queen.

She’s been a good partner to you like you said. Now you want a slay queen and gold digger? Make up your mind

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by cococandy(f): 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
Keep looking for trouble that does not exist
Pkingman:

Her past dating life.. I met her very single.. She told me her last relationship ended about 8 months earlier..because the guy smoked and drank a lot, although he was also a doctor.
I met her while my mum had a ruptured appendix and was rushed to the hospital where she worked. She was very nice and friendly to her, treated her like her own mother and not like a patient. Maybe my mum would have died that night if not for her.While other members of the team were dragging leg and nonchalant about the case, she pushed it and operated on my mum that night around midnight. We became close during that period..I was always visiting my mum is I wanted to see her... I was lonely and needed to settle down and well, being a doctor.. I had to take the bold step.. And she accepted.. No hassles.
While dating, I thought she didn't want to show me off in case the relationship didn't work out or perhaps, maturity.. Showing off a boyfriend when her mates were already married ?

She told me I suited her in many ways.. Educational background, family, finance, physical attributes, career, etc.

On cheating : I don't think she is cheating. I don't need to clone her phone or social media accounts. Her devices are unlocked and open to me at anytime,even while we were dating. She can travel and leave her phone with me.. No password, no restrictions. It's even me who passwords my phones and she doesn't bother, has never made any attempt to touch my phone..

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2019
Some folks like showcasing, showing off , their marital status on the internet for the world to see. Some of us are nt into that.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Acidosis(m): 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
cococandy:
You’ve met the type of woman you guys claim to like.
She’s not dependent on you AKA not a gold digger AKA not a leech.
She’s not a woman who loves to use social media AKA not a slay queen.

She’s been a good partner to you like you said. Now you want a slay queen and gold digger? Make up your mind

She's not a woman who loves to use social media?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Gloriagee(f): 4:12pm On Apr 01, 2019
Honestly, I'm lost for words. People that live for likes and shares...can't deal bikonu. He even admitted that she's reserved, so du want her to be a faker. let her be...

alphaNomega:

Young man, you don't know what you have until you loose it. You have a peaceful home and you came to nairaland to seek ways to cause trouble.

That woman is my kind of lady, unfortunately she's married to you and you already have kids.

There is nothing wrong with your wife's behaviour, even her family told you that's how she is.

Good luck trying to fuçk up your home, I hope you don't succeed.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Gloriagee(f): 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
My dear, u don see am and they say women are rarely satisfied

cococandy:
Keep looking for trouble that does not exist

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Gloriagee(f): 4:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
Follow this advice at your own peril. You want her to post on social media that you bought her a new ride. I think you guys have different love languages. Try and meet each other halfway.

Gettreadyy:
if I were you, I will withdraw from her slowly, i will not eat her food regularly, i will not ask for sex, I will come back late most times, sometimes I will not come back home for days, i will make lots of calls when I am at home and laugh hard knowing she's around, i will play more Fifa soccer. if she's still indifferent and doesn't get the message, I will drop a divorce paper on a Monday morning and tell her to please sign it that I am no longer interested.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2019
ThePreachersSon:
You said she started this a long time ago, so just accept it as who she is. Not all of us really want to show everything happening on social media, if I were to get married today I would not post it on social media, I just kinda like surprises. Like you've been married for 6 years now? That kind.

The real deal is does she love you? And from what you said she hasn't done anything to show that she does not love you.

Pleas do not listen to them who say she doesn't love you, don't. I have a friend who lives abroad, she married a white man. But after 3 years non of us apart from close friends and relatives know what he looks like. She keeps her private life private. And it kind of works for her.

Just accept her the way she, BTW you agreed to marry the way she was.

Even if she wants a private life, but avoiding your spouse in public functions, no sign of appreciation even after getting her a SUV. Baba, she doesn't love him.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pkingman:
Hello house, Pls I need mature advice on this issue.
I had to create this account as to remain anonymous.

I've been married for 2 years plus, with a son and expecting another.
The problem is that my wife is not proud of me, not proud to be associated with me and does not show excitement concerning me or gifts that I buy for her.. She is just too plain, too emotionless.

It started from our dating days.. We dated for a year plus.. She never wanted people to know about us. Always hiding me. As if the relationship was a secret. She never asked me for a pin.. I was happy she wasn't the demanding type.
When I proposed to her, I expected her to go over the moon, show excitement and flood social media with pictures.. But no way.
She was just mute and calm about it. She didn't even accept the idea of pre-wedding pictures when I suggested it.. Said it wasn't compulsory, she doesn't have time and energy for that..Few weeks later, she uploaded very beautiful studio pictures of herself alone in nice clothing, shoes, accessories on her facebook timeline without any caption about getting married or love.. Nothing about me at all.

Wedding came... She opted for a small quiet wedding.. Although we could afford a big wedding.. I was surprised.. So unfeminine... Women always prefer loud crowded weddings to show off.. She was supposed to be extremely excited as she was getting married esp at over 30 years when a woman is considered by societal standards to be hopeless and too old for marriage but no! She went about the whole festivities like nothing special was happening to her.

After the wedding, she didn't upload our wedding pictures on social media like normal women do. I then uploaded few pictures of us and tagged her. She immediately untagged herself and told me I could post whatever I wanted without necessarily tagging her.
Months after, she uploaded 2 pictures of herself alone in wedding gown and traditional attire.. None of mine till date.
She doesn't have any picture of me or us together on her facebook profile, she doesn't upload any picture of me or us on her whatsapp. It's always her picture alone or with our baby or her parents and siblings.
She hardly even takes pictures with me at social functions. She prefers personal pictures. Sometimes, she will even crop me out of her pictures and post only herself. She just keeps going on as if I don't exist. When I ask her why, she says she doesn't need to display me online to know she is married to me.
On my birthday, she didn't wish me HBD on any social media platform but she uploaded pictures of her 2 male colleagues at work(she is a medical doctor, a surgeon in training and planning to relocate abroad soon) and wished them HBD, wrote nice things about them.
Back home, all I got was a small get together, cake, drinks and gifts but I would have preferred to be acknowledged online as well. On her birthday, I dare not show her off or say anything on social media, she won't find it funny.. She prefers everything we do is private.
The part that breaks my heart is her attitude towards gifts.. When I met her, she was working, earning big, lived alone and had a car.I was happy she wasn't demanding or greedy... But I noticed if I buy her something, she just coldly thanks me and that's all. I am an Architect, working in a firm and also into private jobs.. I recently completed a project and was paid in millions.. I thought I should surprise my wife so I bought her a new car(an SUV).... She acted so plain.. Just said thank you and that was all.. Instead of displaying it all over social media platforms, write lovey dovey epistles about me and celebrate me like other women do.

By all standards, I am handsome, tall, dark, educated, nice guy, well to do, so why is she not proud to show me off?
Why does she not want me to show her off?

In all fairness, she has been a very nice partner so far but why this cold abnormal attitude ?This is not how women ought to behave.
I am getting tired already,i have discussed this with her but she doesn't wish to change.
What could be wrong with her?

Bro you were an option, I think she missed out on the one she loves so dearly, but it didn't workout for whatever reason best known to her.

I use to tell friends I will get married to a lady that loves me more and I will definitely reciprocate her love. I can't be trying to impress a lady all the rest of my life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
ojun50:
Yr story long

you saw all this befor u guys got married bt wave it out because u love her, my broda u are in it already jst enjoy the marriage.

Exactly o!! Help me tell am o bros

The signs were clear before marriage but you went ahead.

Op, just bear your cross.

I wonder what their sex life is like

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by GrossPrice: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
Janey2486:
She does not love you, l will not ask u to leave her but if u do. Pls do contact me. wink shocked

Straight to the point. grin
Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

Lol OP, exactly as i thought in front page, you don't have any problem in your marriage, If you know how many men are dieing, like literally dieing to have the life you have now, I have personally fallen in love with your woman as you've enlightened us further grin grin grin
Abeg carry go, she loves you and appreciates your marriage, but she has some character flaws, which has a lot more to do with the way she accepts gifts, the fact that she doesn't show off online has more to do with her introverted nature ( I guessed as much), I'm very much like that too honestly.
So you have leverage, don't bother so much about her online flamboyance or lack of it, thats her character, its like forcing a quiet person to become the center of attention in a social gathering, it'll surely go wrong
But bring up her behavior towards gifts and presents, let her know it makes you feel like you haven't done enough. I'm sure she'll try show a lot more vibrancy when next you gift her something, I also bet you'll not be impressed...

At this point your marriage is still young, what you can to is get used to and try to enjoy your partner for who she is rather than try to change her (no one is perfect, but her imperfection is something you can deal with surely!!, some others have to deal with nagging wives, cheating wives,lazy wives and a lot of other unthinkable problems, yours is a reserved wife, that tends to be dispassionate at certain times), years down the line if someone raises this issue of your wife being impersonal or too reserved, you'll be the first to laugh it off and say Abeg, thats how she is, leave matter grin grin

U don't seem to get it...that's not how she is...she finds time to do all these thing she doesn't do for her husband for colleagues at work and for herself and child .what kinda person crops out her husband's image before posting.......
I'm a quiet person and don't like social media life...but this woman's attitude is not something to ignore...it's one thing to live with a women that's quiet..it's another to know ur woman no gbàdún u...
she's just in the marriage to have the Mrs status....that would hurt any man..it's because u are not in his shoes..it's more like using somebody

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by GrossPrice: 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
DukeNija:

This is not true. She posts her own pics and those of her colleagues but crops him out? She wasn’t even excited when he bought her a brand new car. Jeez! Are you kidding? The woman doesn’t love him one bit. Who asks her husband not to post her pics on her own birthday. Like who does that? The man is doomed

And he is never going to earn it.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Sije(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pkingman,
Thou at blessed oh son of man.

Love thy wife as she is

Give as much as you may, even if she does not get excited as you would expect.

From your discription; she is humble person.
And would not want to share you with other girls.

Stay happy my guy.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by GrossPrice: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2019

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by PaulAris: 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2019
obicentlis:

Tell her that you need a divorce and see her reaction.

DukeNija:

I swear this is what I’ll do. Not to threaten her, but actually file for divorce.
And what if she agrees?
What if she says ok to go ahead with the divorce?
What then will you advice him to do?
Tell her its just April fool??

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Raalsalghul: 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
victorian:
Oga, you are not tall dark and handsome. Talk true make devil shame.

Anyways I understand what she's going through. Cause I almost got myself entrapped in such kind of marriage but counselling with my Pastor saved me on-time.
I'm not saying u are a bad person, neither am I saying u are ugly but the thing is this : you can be someonelse dream man , perfect and Denzel looking to another woman except your wife. Your wife has the idea of how her ideal man should look like.
Not all women are tall, dark and handsome as their ideal looking man. Some prefer average height, natural for looks with a muscular or athletic body. That's why God created us in different shapes and sizes.
And your wife who got married in her 30s must have seen it all, got heartbroken by the kind of guys, she would have love to marry and settle down with. But reality dawned on her, such guys won't make A good husband to her. Then u strolled along into life, she realised u are serious with marriage. She checked herself, she's not getting younger, what da heck! Lemme marry. I will simply resign my self to this marriage as long as I have a family with him. Who cares about happiness and love. Most marriages sef are just there.
And with what friends will always ring into our ears everyday. Marriage is not about love, it's about marrying a man who is ready and capable to stay married. Just be humble and calm, have your kids and have a business or career going for yourself. That's all. We don't always marry who we wish to marry and here we are with our kids. You cannot be selective anymore, forget about falling in love and just Marry! angry
That's exactly how your wife feels. She's resigned to her fate with u. She cannot leave u, cos she's determined to stay married. Her happiness is irrelevant as long as she's Mrs.

What a life sad

In my own case, I stopped myself on-time from marrying the guy who proposed to me, after opening my heart to my Pastor. My Pastor said do I want to be lifeless in the marriage, I said no with tears almost running down my cheeks. He said good, then don't marry him, cos u will regret it. Tell him kindly u simply don't love him, which is the truth. There and then I felt so free and alive, I even felt like hugging the pastor with so much joy! Lol
I told the guy, I'm sorry dear, I can't go thru with it. And I don't regret it. I feel free and alive! grin. I don't care about my age. I just want to feel at peace wit my soul and being.
Op please don"t listen to this advice.
Lady isn't attracted to you and probably ever won't....
My advice...divorce her then be a loving father and responsible father to your kids.
QAs simple as that undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by GrossPrice: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
PaulAris:

And what if she agrees?
What if she says ok to go ahead with the divorce?
What then will you advice him to do?
Tell her its just April fool??

She's going to dump him eventually! He mentioned she's working on relocating out of the country - you know our women.

[Edited for clarity]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by Raalsalghul: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pkingman:

Her past dating life.. I met her very single.. She told me her last relationship ended about 8 months earlier..because the guy smoked and drank a lot, although he was also a doctor.
I met her while my mum had a ruptured appendix and was rushed to the hospital where she worked. She was very nice and friendly to her, treated her like her own mother and not like a patient. Maybe my mum would have died that night if not for her.While other members of the team were dragging leg and nonchalant about the case, she pushed it and operated on my mum that night around midnight. We became close during that period..I was always visiting my mum is I wanted to see her... I was lonely and needed to settle down and well, being a doctor.. I had to take the bold step.. And she accepted.. No hassles.
While dating, I thought she didn't want to show me off in case the relationship didn't work out or perhaps, maturity.. Showing off a boyfriend when her mates were already married ?

She told me I suited her in many ways.. Educational background, family, finance, physical attributes, career, etc.

On cheating : I don't think she is cheating. I don't need to clone her phone or social media accounts. Her devices are unlocked and open to me at anytime,even while we were dating. She can travel and leave her phone with me.. No password, no restrictions. It's even me who passwords my phones and she doesn't bother, has never made any attempt to touch my phone..
Changes nothing...
Separation is the way..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by PaulAris: 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
GrossPrice:

She's going to dump him eventually!
No matter what, I still won't advice Pkingman to go ahead with divorce
But with everything he has said, it clearly tells that his wife has got plans in which he isn't a part of
That's why she's trying not to put up any trace of both of them online and socially.
Smart! I must say
To the world, she's still single irrespective of the fact that she put up photos of she in her gown.
She's trying so hard to the wifely role so he won't get a slightest clue on that big move
Just like a game of chess (if you know what I mean)
But this "not going social with him" thingy is a huge hole in her plans. I'm sure she's tryna find a way to cover it up, prolly give a good reason.
Like you highlighted, when she goes abroad she's gonna let loose and not bend
They do need counselling.
P.S. All these I wrote could just be a scene that won't play in real life
So the man in question should use his discretion
But, they still need counselling!
Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by djon78(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2019
femi4:
She is not crazy about you.

I always tell men, marry the woman that loves you and not the one that you love.
You are more like the available option for her cos age wasn't on her side.
I would have said that the love will grow but there was no mutual love in the first place

She married you out of societal pressure, you are nothing close to her Dream man.

But there is hope, you can use reverse psychology to put her on her toes.

You got it spot on. She doesn't love the guy.
And like you said, men should marry women crazy and madly in love with them.

I was like this mans wife. There was a girl I was madly and crazily in love with then. She was very good looking body wise. But I lost my business and millions in the process due to a very bad investment. This girl no want do again. She broke off. I was really sad.
In fact after that, a part of me died.
After sometime came along another woman.
But this one I didn't really feel her.
But this girl was giving me attention, she was crazy about me.

That was when it dawned on me that man should marry women crazy and madly in love with them. She will do things to make you happy,
All the issue of wife not allowing the husband to touch her won't arise. She will even oversupply the goods.

My cousin also had the same issue. He broke up with the good looking girl he was supposed to marry. The woman he married now too like am very well. Add to that, the guy is doing extremely well, has a manufacturing plant with his products daily used all over the country. I was with them recently and the wife was telling me she is crazy about the husband, although the Husband to dey do strong head, and I was saying in my mind, that's the way it is meant to be for men.

As a guy don't ever do anything with woman wey no like you. That's the ops problem.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by JoannaSedley(f): 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
Op. I hope we have left you more confused than you were when you posted this.
The power of nairaland 101.....confuse them till they deactivates.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! by uckennety(m): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pkingman:
Hello house, Pls I need mature advice on this issue.
I had to create this account as to remain anonymous.

I've been married for 2 years plus, with a son and expecting another.
The problem is that my wife is not proud of me, not proud to be associated with me and does not show excitement concerning me or gifts that I buy for her.. She is just too plain, too emotionless.

It started from our dating days.. We dated for a year plus.. She never wanted people to know about us. Always hiding me. As if the relationship was a secret. She never asked me for a pin.. I was happy she wasn't the demanding type.
When I proposed to her, I expected her to go over the moon, show excitement and flood social media with pictures.. But no way.
She was just mute and calm about it. She didn't even accept the idea of pre-wedding pictures when I suggested it.. Said it wasn't compulsory, she doesn't have time and energy for that..Few weeks later, she uploaded very beautiful studio pictures of herself alone in nice clothing, shoes, accessories on her facebook timeline without any caption about getting married or love.. Nothing about me at all.

Wedding came... She opted for a small quiet wedding.. Although we could afford a big wedding.. I was surprised.. So unfeminine... Women always prefer loud crowded weddings to show off.. She was supposed to be extremely excited as she was getting married esp at over 30 years when a woman is considered by societal standards to be hopeless and too old for marriage but no! She went about the whole festivities like nothing special was happening to her.

After the wedding, she didn't upload our wedding pictures on social media like normal women do. I then uploaded few pictures of us and tagged her. She immediately untagged herself and told me I could post whatever I wanted without necessarily tagging her.
Months after, she uploaded 2 pictures of herself alone in wedding gown and traditional attire.. None of mine till date.
She doesn't have any picture of me or us together on her facebook profile, she doesn't upload any picture of me or us on her whatsapp. It's always her picture alone or with our baby or her parents and siblings.
She hardly even takes pictures with me at social functions. She prefers personal pictures. Sometimes, she will even crop me out of her pictures and post only herself. She just keeps going on as if I don't exist. When I ask her why, she says she doesn't need to display me online to know she is married to me.
On my birthday, she didn't wish me HBD on any social media platform but she uploaded pictures of her 2 male colleagues at work(she is a medical doctor, a surgeon in training and planning to relocate abroad soon) and wished them HBD, wrote nice things about them.
Back home, all I got was a small get together, cake, drinks and gifts but I would have preferred to be acknowledged online as well. On her birthday, I dare not show her off or say anything on social media, she won't find it funny.. She prefers everything we do is private.
The part that breaks my heart is her attitude towards gifts.. When I met her, she was working, earning big, lived alone and had a car.I was happy she wasn't demanding or greedy... But I noticed if I buy her something, she just coldly thanks me and that's all. I am an Architect, working in a firm and also into private jobs.. I recently completed a project and was paid in millions.. I thought I should surprise my wife so I bought her a new car(an SUV).... She acted so plain.. Just said thank you and that was all.. Instead of displaying it all over social media platforms, write lovey dovey epistles about me and celebrate me like other women do.

By all standards, I am handsome, tall, dark, educated, nice guy, well to do, so why is she not proud to show me off?
Why does she not want me to show her off?

In all fairness, she has been a very nice partner so far but why this cold abnormal attitude ?This is not how women ought to behave.
I am getting tired already,i have discussed this with her but she doesn't wish to change.
What could be wrong with her?

Boss I'm not married but there is only one way to find out if she loves you

Stage an action something that looks like you love someone else or your cheating on her

If she doesn't respond to you

Then know your leaving with a roommate

If she responses the open up to her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Dead Man Made To Sit At His Burial In Trinidad & Tobago (Photos And Video) / Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.