Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation (4441 Views)

I Call It Emotional Trauma And Infatuation / Love And Infatuation? / What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by pkrix(m): 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2005
Every first "love" is "infatuation." Was yours not? Be careful yours could be

Now, a guy is dating for the very first time in his life. Now also, a girl is dating for the very first time in her life. The feeling of love you you almost always notice comes very suddenly.

You almost often hear the guy said "I love this girl so and will marry" and you also almost often hear the girl soliloquizing the same.

But at a time the love goes sore and they both painfully realized it was infatuation after all.

Now, was your first love not infatuation? be careful yours could be?
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2005
You're damn right man.

This also is true: "there's nothing like love at first sight". Before you all start dissaproving me, do you know the meaning of love? If you do then you'll undestand why you can't say you love someone at the very first instance in your life you catch a glance of the person.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Pinky(f): 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2005
i totally agree with u... its not really love @ first sight thingie but then cos u re experiencing a commmitment of some sort for the first time, u think its love & u go about saying" am gonna marry him/her" i said it too u know..... but now i just laugh wen i remember the whole time i was yarning that dust... i am not really going to call it infatuation ...... its just a time of [b]unknowing...igba ai[/b]mo (yorubas in the house should grab wat i mean)
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by IAH(f): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2005
pkrix:

Every first "love" is "infatuation."

Not always. shocked
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Seun(m): 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2005
It is obvious that we don't know what true love is. But do we even know what infatuation is? Do we really have reason to believe that infatuation and love are not the same thing?
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Adetola(m): 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2005
Well, i met my own first love about seven years ago when i was still in sss1.
i still love her very much but its not working because we did not know each other well from the genesis, and this is still affecting our relationship. We have broken up a couple of times and reunited again.

Let me tell you now that the love we shared was at first sight. its still strong today and I am just 22

what will you call my own situation?

comments are welcome
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Pinky(f): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2005
Adetola:

Well, I met my own first love about seven years ago when I was still in sss1.
I still love her very much but its not working because we did not know each other well from the genesis, and this is still affecting our relationship. We have  broken up a couple of times and reunited again.

Let me tell you now that the love we shared was at first sight. its still strong today and I am just 22

what will you call my own situation?

comments are welcome

thats nice o! but how in d world wil u guys not know each other after being together for 7yrs....dont u people see? i wonder why? but then i dont know wat to call urs....(mind u, u can be infatuated for more than 7yrs o!! shit happens)..... u had better sit tight & grab the handles of ur relationship b4 u'll discover u both are tired of the break-ups ..then u mite be spliting...
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Pinky(f): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2005
Seun:

It is obvious that we don't know what true love is.  But do we even know what infatuation is?  Do we really have reason to believe that infatuation and love are not the same thing?
dont confuse ur self seun, infatuation & love aint same at all? according to a skool of thot "in a relationship, wen u re in love, u still need the infatuation to set balls rolling".... infatuation deals with the physical aspect of a relationship, while love deals with the emotional aspect: so u see, both goes hand-in-hand
u need to be infatuated about ur husband or wife to make u jump into his/her arms in bed each nite.. so as to make love perfectly.....
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Seun(m): 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2005
Based on what you have said, it is either:
- Infatuation is a part of what we call love, or
- Infatuation is state which is distinct from love, but can complement it.

Which one is it?
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Pinky(f): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2005
Seun:

Based on what you have said, it is either:
- Infatuation is a [I]part of[/I] what we call love, or
- Infatuation is state which is [I]distinct[/I] from love, but can complement it.

Which one is it?

Infatuation is state which is [I]distinct[/I] from love, but can complement it
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Seun(m): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2005
Ok, with such clear answers I know we'll make some progress today.

Now, you are saying it is possile to love without infatuation, and it is possible to be infatuated without love. Now if I love you but I'm not at all infatuated with you can I ask you out? How would a lady react in that case?
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by IAH(f): 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2005
You can't possibly love someone without being infatuated at te same time. Every True Love comes with infatuation as a component but Infatuation can happen without Love. Infatuation is like a child of Love, so when Love visits you, it brings along its child. But infatuation sometimes sneaks out on its mother (Love) and visits you alone.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Pinky(f): 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2005
Seun:

Ok, with such clear answers I know we'll make some progress today.

Now, you are saying it is possile to love without infatuation, and it is possible to be infatuated without love.  Now if I love you but I'm not at all infatuated with you can I ask you out?  How would a lady react in that case?
sen ther couldnt have been a better answer than wat IAH said o!!
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Seun(m): 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2005
IAH: Infatuation is like a child of Love, so when Love visits you, it brings along its child.

This quote describes the other definition of infatuation, the one which Pinky rejected:
" Infatuation is a part of what we call love "

You are now implying that love cannot exist without infatuation. Hmm.

Ok, let me ask you this direct question. We all agree that infatuation can exist without love. Can love exist without infatuation?
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Pinky(f): 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2005
Seun:
Can love exist without infatuation?
Seun, love can't exist without infatuation, but infatuation exists without love. Read my first post on this topic well, then try and decode it.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by mosiate(f): 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2005
yes,that's the truth every first love is 99% infactuations.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Flint(m): 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2005
I believe love can come without infatuation. I mean...infatuation is deep, very deeep. Your heart misses a beat when u see her, you are all uptight, probly your palms get sweaty...
If a couple are infatuated with one another and eventually get married, lucky for them. However u can always love someone deeply without infatuation.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by legry(m): 11:31am On Jun 23, 2005
I totally disagree with you first love can actually be first love we have so many men that are still in love with there first love and wish every day they could actually be together and this goes equally with girls too yes alot of infactuations are seen but you can actually fall in love for the first time and its actually real love
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by IAH(f): 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2005
I know someone that got married to her first love.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by hotangel2(f): 4:40am On Jun 24, 2005
IAH:

Can i be her How sweet is that. She is so lucky.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by abrakson(f): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2005
hot-angel:

IAH link=topic=511.msg7237#msg7237 date=1119526708:

i think i agreer with u the fact is love can not exist with out infatuation.the lucky ones realize its infatuation and work to-wards love,what do u think that initially feeling is?if u think its love then am sorry for u cos u have a thing coming ur way.i had that same feeling but when we both realized it wasn't love we decided to move to the next level but it still dint work so when i say its luck believe me it can lead to marriage i knw so many people who are married to their first loves,it all depends on ur knowledge of LOVE and how to go about it if u dont know how to and u lose it, it may just be the GRACE OF GOD that will be the bridge u'll cross to the other side
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by abrakson(f): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2005
hot-angel:

IAH link=topic=511.msg7237#msg7237 date=1119526708:

i think i agreer with u the fact is love can not exist with out infatuation.the lucky ones realize its infatuation and work to-wards love,what do u think that initially feeling is?if u think its love then am sorry for u cos u have a thing coming ur way.i had that same feeling but when we both realized it wasn't love we decided to move to the next level but it still dint work so when i say its luck believe me it can lead to marriage i knw so many people who are married to their first loves,it all depends on ur knowledge of LOVE and how to go about it if u dont know how to and u lose it, it may just be the GRACE OF GOD  that will be the bridge u'll cross to the other side
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by eveseh(f): 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2006
legry:

I totally disagree with you first love can actually be first love we have so many men that are still in love with there first love and wish every day they could actually be together and this goes equally with girls too yes alot of infactuations are seen but you can actually fall in love for the first time and its actually real love

grin grin grin grin
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by kellorah: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2006
i disagree wiv da topic
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by diddy4(m): 12:45am On Jul 14, 2006
i second you. which kind generalization be dis sef? no yarn dis again cuzz it is as untrue as untrue can be.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by mamaput(f): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2006
I disagree too .
The first love is something you will always remember . Not as is (what was his name)
You will even remember his birthday and the smell of his perfum.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by Badman888(m): 9:02am On Jul 14, 2006
I dont think the same goes for everybody, we dont live our lives the same way and we meet different people, its a case of luck you might get your true love the 1st time, 2nd time or mayb after many girls/guys. Everybody has a story to testify, but the chance of it being the first is like a 50 - 50 chance,
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by mamaput(f): 9:25am On Jul 14, 2006
Well if it was only a date then no.
B4 i had a relationship i was meeting many guys and i mean many.
I was not sleeping with them . But with some kissing . I cannont remember most of their names today. embarassed
But thefirst boyfriend we were together for almost 3 years well 2 because the last year was just a fight year
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by tomiwizzle(m): 9:42am On Jul 14, 2006
well the tapic really needs a lat of deep thinking cos you might be giving in the wrong message
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by kheme(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2006
Mine wasn't!!! and i still love her so, 4 years and counting,
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by kay4suree(m): 11:40am On Jul 14, 2006
The major reason why so many marriages collapsed in Nigeria nowadays is that,that thing that people called love is mere infatuation.When you are infatuated to someone,the sweetness of your mouth is enough to confuse the person into marriage and after the marriage that consequences will escalate and the couple will then realize that they are from two different world.
Re: Every 'First Love' Is Infatuation by sbucareer(f): 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2006

I wonder why people always think that love MUST last, especially the first love. I am talking from experience.  Let me ask a question, Did you always passed all your first exams? Did you always get the job you wanted at first? Did you always get what you ever wanted in life at first?

You will see most if not all of the above answer is no. You will be a fool to end up with the first person in your life. I said this because one experience is never always better. It is like taking exams and reading only one text. Also remember that it is not all relationship ends up in a sexual one.

I cannot begin to imagine why people will want to marry the first people in their life. They must come from a lonely family and desperately want a companion.

For a marriage to last very long you need experience like in every other things in life, you need experience skill and even a certificate to prove you know what you are talking about. Also remember that no relationship is the same. I hear people say all women/men are the same. Oh, no they are not the same, everyone is different. Some might look similar but we are all different.

With experience you can see at first if a potential candidate suit the job. Personally, I will never marry a virgin, a young girl hence inexperience and a heart broken once because they all have chips on their shoulder.

Why do people say you have broken my heart? Well they might have, but if you really look at it they did you a favor and probably helped you in you quest for your soul mate. Remember to succeed in life, lots of mountains and hills has to be climb and many rivers need to be crossed. Don't take it as a heart broken, take it as a challenge and experience and make sure that, the experience never happen to you again. Always enter a new relationship with love and open minded but also use your experience to guide you through that relationship.

If you have a chips on your shoulder, nothing will ever work out for you, you will end up saying that all men/women are dogs/prostitute

Believe me, this is experience, every new relationship is always better than the other. It is like any new job is always better than the past.

Finally, when you spit out rubbish from your mouth don't go back and scrap it back from the floor and eat is back. It is disguising and invites bad luck in life. When you have decide to move on in life carry on and don't look back.

Good luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Give Ur Boyfriend/girlfriend Ur Atm Pin Or Paypal Password? / She Wants Me To Choose Between Her And My Mum! / Before You Date Anyone In Nigeria And Abroad, Read This Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.