Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,452 members, 7,781,308 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story (174916 Views)

Devil's Son Loves Me - Feather's Stories / The Funny Story Of A Fat E-taxi Driver And A Phone Thief / How Do I Know He Loves Me? (true Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by izaray(f): 4:52pm On May 09, 2019
Interesting story

Weldon op

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by MhizFavour: 9:51pm On May 09, 2019
OMG!!! This story is dope. MhizSuccess u no lie at all. I con dey vex as I reach where una dey. Abeg Rosemary33 u too much!!!

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Rosemary33: 11:59pm On May 09, 2019
MhizFavour:
OMG!!! This story is dope. MhizSuccess u no lie at all. I con dey vex as I reach where una dey. Abeg Rosemary33 u too much!!!
wow!!! thank yo so so much kiss

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Rosemary33: 12:17am On May 10, 2019
EPISODE 23

“What are you thinking about soldier?”

The lady walked closer to where he stood, she leaned on the Camouflage war tank that has UN written by the side. She had observed him since they arrived, he talked little and wasn’t too eager to associate except with the younger one that was by his side when they arrived.

Ebube sighed, wiped his tired face with his palm and turned to the lady “this is not war” he walked the rocky ground and jumped down from a little height, using the tank as a wedge “this is murder, a massacre” he said with so much pain and walked pass the lady

“How long have you been here?” Ebube asked and walked on

“Long enough to lose count of the many sick and dying women and children that is being brought to us every day and how many of them die out of our helplessness.” Her voice vibrated as he walked the rocky part behind him “I came here last year August”

“And you have remained here since then?” he was shocked “What is a young lady doing in a war zone? There could be a bombardment here, you could lose your life” The white lady smiled sadly. He saw her the second night after the day they came, he had gone to the sick-bay to have a view of what they were to deal with; dying soldiers, helpless Somalians, she was with the children when he saw her, she was as weary as the many children she was attending to “Don’t you have a family?”

“Red Cross is my family and Sister Margarethe is my mother now” he didn’t understand what she meant by that “So…you scared?” she picked a leaf from a little plant, one of the few that still stood in the bareness

“I am a soldier” he kicked a stone

They walked in silence for a while “you have anyone waiting for you back home?” she asked

He didn’t answer immediately, he waved at a couple of black soldiers and gave an acknowledging nod to a white soldier “My mother, a daughter and a…”

“A wife?”

“We would have gotten married weeks ago, but” he threw his hands in frustration “Here am I” they stopped walking “I hope she waits”

“I wish I had some one talk about me the way you just spoke about this lady…it’s obvious you miss her”

“Yea…it hurts more when reaching home is so difficult, I can’t even call her nor my family”

“Oh, I understand” she thought for a while “What do you say I arrange for you to use our cellular to call your loved ones, just tomorrow and no one must know about it…it is not allowed” she smiled up at him

He held her shoulder in appreciation “I will be very grateful to you, that would be the best thing for me in this place”

“Okay” she laughed “Tomorrow, after you guys are back from the capital”

“Thank you so much miss ehm…”

“Miss Jacky” she said

“Miss Jacky, I am grateful. Let me retire for the night, we have a long day tomorrow”

“Good night soldier” he nodded and jogged back to the military tent. She stood where he left her, with her hands wrapped round her body, she smiled at nothing, she waved again when he turned towards her, when he disappeared into the Tent, she walked back to the Red cross quarters, buried in her loneliness

“They brought twenty-five more children and three women now, two of the children were already dead before we could give them any medication” Sister Margarethe said, she didn’t look up from what she was writing

“I am so sorry” Jacky knew how it hurt the old Reverend sister when they lost children, she wasn’t there to help.

“It wasn’t your fault Child” Sister Margarethe removed her glasses and rubbed her tired eyes

“Let me go and see how the nurses are holding on”

“Thank you my child, I pray that one day, the lord will give you rest and happiness”

Jacky nodded and walked out.

“Boss you are whistling for the first time since we arrived here”

“Yes Aminu, I will call home tomorrow”

“How? cell phones are useless here”

“someone offered to help, I will speak to my lady tomorrow”

“That is good new boss, I wish I can also get an opportunity to speak to my pregnant wife”

“We have a long day tomorrow, but when we come back from the capital, I will speak to Miss Jacky so you can talk to your wife too”

“I hope we get back from the capital alive”

“We will Aminu, we will”

SAME NIGHT IN NIGERIA

“Who is he” her mother handed her a glass of water

“Who is who?” she wiped her mouth and dropped the cup on the floor beside her. She couldn’t go back to her house neither could she go back to the farm

“I am not a child Eliza” Her mother watched her

“I don’t understand what you are asking me mama, I told you that this man was my ex-boyfriend and he is now married, I don’t know why he is following me around…”

“I am talking about this” her mother pointed at her stomach

Elizabeth followed her mother’s finger with her eyes “What do you mean?” she asked her mother in despair

“how old is it?”

Elizabeth understood immediately, it didn’t occur to her before, she wasn’t feeling anything, her mind was on escaping Chike and his madness, but as her mother pointed it out, she started feeling sick and heavy, her mouth suddenly tasted bitter “I don’t know” she said on a low tone

“You better start talking to me now Eliza” her mother pulled the table closer to her daughter and sat on it

“Mama Eziokwum amarom ihe ina ekwu (Truly I don’t know what you are talking about) how can I be pregnant?”

“I don’t know…you tell me; how can you be pregnant?”

“Ebube” she whispered out in realization “Oh my God!”

“Eh…don’t shout yet, iburo nwata (you are not a child) I don’t need to tell you that you should let the owner of this pregnancy know so he can come and meet the Umunna immediately, God answers in mysterious ways” her mother said with a smile

She swallowed hard; how could she tell her mother that the man responsible for her pregnancy was on a journey to a faraway land and that there was little hope of him returning?

“you didn’t tell me how busy you were” her mother drew the curtains and switched the television off “that’s a good thing, all you have to do is to let the man know so he can come and do the right thing” she turned off the lights “…So you don’t end up like me” she helped her daughter up

Bia laru ula, Anyi ga ekwuzi ofuma echi (Come and sleep, we will talk well tomorrow)”

Elizabeth didn't sleep at all, she couldn't. she was with a child, his child; she didn't know whether to be happy or sad. tears welled in her eyes and she loosed herself to tears "You shouldn't have left, Ebube I told you to stay but you left me" she sniffled "What am i supposed to do with this?"

she tried his number again, for the umpteenth time, it was switched off "God help me please!"

When Chike came back home that night, he expected an interrogation, some nagging, a plea with a tearful face; but it didn’t happen. She was at the sitting room watching “King of hearts”

She opened the door for him and walked back to where she was, there was no anger nor tears on her face, she didn’t even give him a second look. He walked straight and stopped by the dinning, there was no food waiting for him and he was not surprised, she has not kept food for him for more than a month.

He turned towards her again but she didn’t turn towards him, he meant nothing to her, he realized that

9 Likes

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Drenimarcus(m): 12:28am On May 10, 2019
Nice one Rosie!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by mychiveous(f): 5:30am On May 10, 2019
Ebube the sharp shooter, one strike and viam.. Belle don enter.

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by FortunateB(f): 5:59am On May 10, 2019
I said it that junior soldier is on his way.

Nice one Rose.

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by noni14(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2019
ummm nice 1 op, i fear for elizabeth oh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Nickymezor(f): 8:42am On May 10, 2019
Thanks for the update Rosie

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by rukidanty: 8:44am On May 10, 2019
nice one Rosemary

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Lilly4endu(f): 11:28am On May 10, 2019
Miss, your story is so much interesting and really lovely. Keep it up.[/quote]

Most you quote all the episode just to comment.

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by queenitee(f): 11:38am On May 10, 2019
Our baby

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by opeyemi6731(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2019
more update please

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by skubido(m): 8:07pm On May 10, 2019
Lilly4endu:

Miss, your story is so much interesting and really lovely. Keep it up.

Tell them oooo

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by hfinest1(m): 10:48pm On May 10, 2019
Smithwilliams826:

Yes na... We know it's interesting and now you've made some people loose interest by quoting the whole damn post... Guy, don't do that shit again! Ain't cool at all!!!angry

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Immarocks(f): 7:13am On May 11, 2019
Bube our guy..... sharp shooter.... I Pray you come back safe from the capital

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Nemi64(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2019
all of una wey dey quot de whole episode, i dey watch una with 8D camera(in buhari's voice), if dem tell you say your story sweet, dem just dey bobo you, e no be food wey go sweet na, your story is interesting, (but no allow am enter your head o) more kulikuli to your garri

2 Likes

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Smithwilliams826: 1:46pm On May 11, 2019
Lilly4endu:

That's my own way of doing things I really love. Oya day go ur way now.

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Smithwilliams826: 1:47pm On May 11, 2019
hfinest1:
Yes na... We know it's interesting and now you've made some people loose interest by quoting the whole damn post... Guy, don't do that shit again! Ain't cool at all!!!angry

Oga its my way not urs. No pour sand San for my garri. Person way one comment go comment.

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Rosemary33: 4:56pm On May 11, 2019
EPISODE 24

SOMALIA

“…you are here because Somalia needs help, Somalia need you to help her bring this great nation back to her glory. We hope and pray that with your presence and the presence of the UN, rebelliousness will be crushed and peace will be restored…

It was mid-day before their convoy arrived Mogadishu, the journey was not a sweet tour, aside some old villagers who still struggled to remain alive irrespective of the crisis, the roads were deserted. Stench of burnt woods and flesh filled their noses that they had to tie their bandanas to cover their noses.

There were feasts of the vultures, and rotten fleshes where delicacies.

They had children, covered on rags and dusts, who looked at their convoy with interest, some stretched their hands towards them and screamed in Arabic and Somali; “They beg for food” a black soldier with a heavy accent had said

…the boys you see on the street with weapons are not the real enemy, they are merely the foot soldiers, the real enemies are the men who hide to do the dirty jobs, who turn Somalia Citizens against the Government…

They had encountered road blocks and young militias shouted threats and orders in Somali, at some points, the troop had thought their convoy would be attacked and had gotten ready for shootouts but they had reached some compromises with the militias, they had lost most of their supplies.

… it is important to note that these militia has the sole purpose of unseating the Somalia government, and they are fighting hard, as at yesterday, there was heavy bombardment in Shibis and Bakaara Market, many Somalian soldiers lost their lives in that bombardment. You are here on a clarion call, in the name of the United Nations…”

The soldiers had been standing under the scorching sun waiting for instructions and orders. Some of them already knew what would come next while some still didn’t understand where the General commander was going with his long speech

“…this troop will be divided into infantrymen, each infantry will be sent to districts in the capital, this is to secure what is remaining. You have to uphold peace and order, but if there are situations beyond your control, I repeat, situations beyond your control, you can shoot to protect the district and to save yourselves. Am I clear!” the General commander barked

“Yes sir!” the soldiers echoed

“Infantry? I thought we are going back to the Encampment? are we going to be part of this war?” Aminu rushed the words

Every soldier walked with a haste as if his heels were on fire, Voices shouted orders from every corner, more Artillery entered the base; “well, we are fighter Aminu, we should always prepare for days like this" He fall in line with his Infantry

“We are stuck in a war, we are stuck in a f*cking war! They lied to us, they said we are not going to be part of this, we are only here to make peace and protect the helpless!”

He stopped walking and faced the scared Soldier "Aminu stop! fear will kill you faster than bullets man, think of survival, how we can finish here and get back home"

"You are not worried sir?"

"I didn't get to the rank of a captain by cowering at the sight of battles and fights" he saw that his words did nothing to calm the young soldier "Truth is, I am scare" Aminu smiled a little "But I have people waiting for me back home so I will not allow fear kill me here. you should also think of your family and let their prayers strengthen you" he held the soldier by the shoulder; "Let your children know that their father is a brave soldier, you will tell them this story man"

Aminu smiled and nodded with a boosted confidence, "We will go home alive sir"

"Yes we will, and I will see your twins"

"I will be the best man during your wedding"

They caught up with their Infantry "Na, you are a Muslim, you will not want to enter the church. besides, you are already married the role is for bachelors"

the chatted like it was the last time they would talk, their voices gave then strength, the future there was unknown, the war would soon consume them, they were list prepared for what was about to come.

His heart was heavy, Ebube couldn’t describe his feelings at that moment, ‘so this is it? It would all start from here’ no wonder they were asked to pack their belongings. He would not be going back, he would not be making any call home and that may be the end for him.

PORT HARCOURT NIGERIA

He came home earlier than usual, his wife was not at home, the silence of his house welcomed him, the echoes of his own stupidity deafened him.

He held the sack letter with two fingers in disdain, it was all because of her “You ruined me Elizabeth, you took my happiness my marriage, my innocence and now you took my job” he folded his palm to a fist and took his anger out on the wall.

“I hate you more than anything Elizabeth, and I will destroy you, five time much more than you have destroyed me…” he went to the sink and splashed some water on his head and his face, he blew off some trickles of water from his mouth

“I will ravish you till I am satisfied, then I will make sure no man ever desire you again f*cking bi*ch” he loosen his tie, fling it carelessly on the floor and abandoned himself like a drunken man on the sofa

“You know you cannot allow it to grow further than this” Amaka drank from the bottle of maltina given to her by Elizabeth’s mother

“What do you mean?”

“Isn’t it obvious? You cannot leave this pregnancy; you are not sure if he is coming back” Amaka drank again

“Please bring down your voice, my mother will hear you” Elizabeth hushed her friend

“She doesn’t know?” Amaka brought her face closer.

“Oya take these nuts with your drink” Elizabeth brought a plate of cashew nut

“Thank you mama” the friends waited for the old woman to leave before they resumed their discussion “So you have not told your mother” Amaka continued

“She found out about the pregnancy by herself, last night”

“And?” Amaka chewed some nuts

“She doesn’t know who is responsible”

“So technically she doesn’t know your man could be dead in a foreign land”

“Amaka please, you are not helping…”

“I am trying to help, but you are not allowing me” she eat the whole of the nuts “Okay see, I understand how much you loved your soldier boy and would want to keep this baby, but think about this very critically” she looked around to make sure the older woman wasn’t around “You have not heard from him since he left, he should have tried to call you if he cared too much but he didn’t. there is no certainty of him coming back”

“Amaka stop please”

“No let me talk sense into you big girl, what happens when you meet another man who will love you and will stay, but he finds you pregnant? What if you give birth to this child and then meet a man later, will you be proud to tell him that you have a baby for another guy?...”

“Amaka don’t say those worlds to me, Ebube will come back, he promised”

“He promised before he left! Not yesterday…not today, he is a soldier and he follow orders even to his death! Think girlfriend please get rid of
this”

“I can’t” Elizabeth whispered with tears on her face

“What? why do you want to subject yourself to this? Why do you want to become a mockery to yourself and your mother?”

Her Phone rang, it was a number she didn’t know, without checking she pressed her right middle finger on the green symbol and placed the phone closed to her ear

“Hello” she said with a shaky voice

There were no responds from the other end, only heavy breath

“Hello” she said more audibly

silence

“Who is this!”

heavy breath

She hissed and brought the phone down from her ear

“Who was that?” Amaka asked

“I don’t know, the person didn’t say anything, network problem I guess”

She had bigger issues than an empty phone call and the heavy breath of a drunk

“Lizzy, if Ebube is here with you, this would have been the best news ever, but he is not here, he may never be here again. He may even have moved on with his life and have even gotten himself a beautiful Somalian girl…”

“He will not do such thing Amaka, I Trust him…” Elizabeth cut in

“You trust him how? How long have you known him? Did you have a blood oath with him? He is a Soldier and soldiers are known for soaring wild oaths everywhere, love and emotions mean nothing to them…” Amaka explained

“Not this one Amaka, he will honor his word, he will come back for me” Elizabeth wasn’t sure

Amaka sighed “Okay, does he know about the baby?”

Elizabeth frowned “No…I didn’t know about it myself until last night”

“Hmm, I don’t know what else to tell you again Liz, but I know that this pregnancy is bad news as far as I am concerned”

“Amaka, I can’t remove this baby, please understand. I can’t do this to him, to us! If Ebube was here, he would have been thrilled at the news”

“So what are you planning to do with it if you don’t want to remove it?” Amaka folded her arms

“Keep it I guess…”

“Then congratulation with it, because it is not going to be as easy as you think. You are a hustler, think about your business, your life…adding a fatherless baby to yourself will be an extra luggage” she stood up in resignation

“The baby has a father” Elizabeth stood to see her friend off

“Good for you then”

The phone was on all along and their conversations where heard from the other end.

“She is pregnant!”

He tossed the half-filled can of ‘Heineken’ and the content splattered on the wall. his wife was back and like always, she was glued to the television. That was a habit she picked up lately and even though he didn’t want to admit it, it was beginning to get him annoyed.

“What is this?” she had asked when she picked the letter from the table where he left it. She didn’t wait for him to answer before she read it out to him, deliberately and carefully pronouncing the words.

She dropped the letter after reading and walked into the guest room where she had moved in few weeks ago. without pity for him, she left him standing like a living-dead, he was in his room, carrying out his creepy phone call when he heard her movements on the sitting room, and the laughter and cries from that annoying show.

He could manage Ada’s indifferent attitude, after all he started it; but for Elizabeth to get pregnant wasn’t a news he was expecting, how could she do that? If Elizabeth must carry a baby, it should be his not for another man.

“She mustn’t be pregnant, that bastard must get out of my way” He paced the room. His anger heated up and wrapped him like a winter-coat.

“Elizabeth you don’t know me; I swear you will regret doing this”

7 Likes

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by jbtobsyn(m): 5:04pm On May 11, 2019
Smithwilliams826:

Oga its my way not urs. No pour sand San for my garri. Person way one comment go comment.
Stop that nonsense or you will be banned. last warning.

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Drenimarcus(m): 5:09pm On May 11, 2019
Nice one Rosie

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Smithwilliams826: 5:42pm On May 11, 2019
jbtobsyn:

Stop that nonsense or you will be banned. last warning.

Mr man don't ever in your life threaten me again.

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by ukaface(f): 7:50pm On May 11, 2019
nawa o
Chike is a dunce, olodo...just how is Lizzy to be blamed for his predicament.

Rosemary please, just grant my request na as chike is going over to Lizzy's, let motor jam him, then paralysis should set in, leaving him impotent... Ada should get whisked by a making sense dude and leave his sorry ass.

please, let your story have this content.... LMAO, thanks

I love your story babe....

1 Like

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by skubido(m): 8:27pm On May 11, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Ann2012(f): 9:04pm On May 11, 2019
Thanks for the update ma'am

Our lil soldier is on the way smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 11, 2019
I've been following this write up since day 1 because of ur first write up,kiss me one more night.Your name actually called my attention.Nice story Rose..

2 Likes

Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Rosemary33: 11:33pm On May 11, 2019
seoladqueen:
I've been following this write up since day 1 because of ur first write up,kiss me one more night.Your name actually called my attention.Nice story Rose..
thank you so much, I am honored
Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Pinkfeet: 11:44pm On May 11, 2019
Smithwilliams826:

Mr man don't ever in your life threaten me again.

young man just swallow your pride and apologies . you can't quote all the story just because you want to comment . they were trying to correct you and you are still proven Vanda .

This is literature section we have rules here and you can not just come here and abuse orders .

FOR YOUR INFORMATION YOU CAN BE BANNED .
Re: A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story by Pinkfeet: 11:46pm On May 11, 2019
thanks for the update
keep it up .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply)

Friday The 13th-Assassins Creed / The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Hearts In Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.