Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

My Feminism Is Human Rights- Actress Genevieve Nnaji Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Feminism Is Human Rights- Actress Genevieve Nnaji Reveals (282 Views)

Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage / Genevieve Nnaji: "My Own Feminism Is Just Human Rights" / Did Genevieve Nnaji Just Confirm She Is Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Feminism Is Human Rights- Actress Genevieve Nnaji Reveals by polimaf(m): 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2019
Nollywood screen diva, Genevieve Nnaji says she is a woman who has rights to choices and can do whatever she feels like.

The ‘Lionheart actress, Nnaji, speaking as a guest speaker at the recently held London School of Economics Africa Summit in London, had said feminism is human rights which give her the ability to make choices on her own terms.

“My own feminism is just human rights. I’m a woman who has rights to her own choices; I can do whatever I want whenever I want.

“It’s just that simple; if I were a man, it would be the same thing.

“At the end of the day I was born alone, I’m going to die alone, I breathe alone. So I definitely have the right to how I want to live my life,” the 39 year old award winning actress said.

The diva is a recipient of several awards and nominations which include Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2005, making her the first actress to win the award In 2011.

She was honored as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government for her contribution to Nollywood.

https://www.opaqlife.com/my-feminism-is-human-rights-actress-genevieve-nnaji-reveals/

(1) (Reply)

Let Gist If Messi Is Cheat In Football Who Is D Cheat In Nigeria Music Industry / Upload Selfie Get Likes And Win $1000 - For Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, SA, Nigeria / Sweet Love! Teddy A’s Birthday Message To Bambam Is Everything, See Screenshot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.