Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation (17314 Views)

Obidients Close Alternative Result Collation Irev - Punch / President Election: Confusion As INEC Uploads Female’s Picture On Result Portal / Ondo Police Speaks On Death Of Over Thirty Cows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Sunnyshinylight(f): 5:21am On Apr 02, 2019
Rivers election: Police speaks on Result collation
Fikayo Olowolagba Fikayo Olowolagba

The Rivers State Police Command, on Monday said it had commenced the deployment of personnel to strategic areas and collation centres for election results collation scheduled to begin in the state on Tuesday.

The Command’s Spokesman, DSP Nnamdi Omoni, made this known in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Monday, NAN reports.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had on March 21, announced the resumption of collation and announcement of results in the state between April 2 and April 5.

According to Omoni, the decision to deploy personnel was reached following a meeting between the state Police Commissioner and the Inter-Agency Consultative Committee on Election Security (ICCES).

“ICCES agreed to put in place adequate security measures to ensure that the entire process is transparent and seamlessly carried out.

“Part of the security measures that were agreed include massive deployment of police personnel and other sister security agencies to the venue and the outer perimeter of collation centres,” he said.

Omoni said that Waterlines and GRA junction axis of Port Harcourt/Aba Express Road, would be shut to traffic during the duration of the exercise.

He said that both lanes of the road would be closed to motorists, advising road users to divert to Olu Obansanjo and Polo Club Roads.

“The police note with concern the temporary hardship the closure will cause. We appeal to the public to show understanding and bear with us.

“The closure is done in the overall interest of the public, as well as to provide a conducive atmosphere for the collation.

“Politicians, candidates and indeed unauthorised persons, are warned to stay clear from the collation centres,” he said.

The police spokesperson warned that any individual or group seen undermining the process would be arrested and prosecuted in accordance with the Electoral Act.

Omoni solicited for the cooperation and support of the public towards a successful conduct of the exercise.

http://dailypost.ng/2019/04/01/rivers-election-police-speaks-result-collation/
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Sunnyshinylight(f): 5:21am On Apr 02, 2019
Rivers Guber, please the government should pity the masses and save them from too much suffering seriously.

What kind of road closures, Wike should vacate the government house immediately and ameachi should hands off any ambition to control by proxy. Don't we have Honorable elderly in the system, or hungry dudes parading themselves as political jobbers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by ojun50(m): 5:58am On Apr 02, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:
Rivers Guber, please the government should pity the masses and save them from too much suffering seriously.

What kind of road closures, Wike should vacate the government house immediately and ameachi should hands off any ambition to control by proxy. Don't we have Honorable elderly in the system, or hungry dudes parading themselves as political jobbers
i disagree, Wike should be declare winner nd let peace rein ameachi has no business there in the first place, beside the AAC candidate where did he originate from, Ameachi need to take life bullet so peace can rein

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 02, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:

You've not started crying yet

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by jodeci(m): 6:15am On Apr 02, 2019
ojun50:

i disagree, Wike should be declare winner nd let peace rein ameachi has no business there in the first place, beside the AAC candidate where did he originate from, Ameachi need to take life bullet so peace can rein

Very true at the bolded

22 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by yerokunphilips: 6:20am On Apr 02, 2019
Non sense

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Passionate888: 6:22am On Apr 02, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:

Go and vacate him from the government house na.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Sunnyshinylight(f): 6:26am On Apr 02, 2019
Folks are so backwards.,..... this guys what were they saying??¿.

Backwards guys! !

Sound mind do they have it

Wike thugs.... Shame to be tag a grass.,. Do you know who's talking? Kids inside the net. Come out and be free right now""""""

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Olatunboshift(m): 6:27am On Apr 02, 2019
I need help to achieve my childhood dream to study for my masters program in public health . My plan is to sponsor 5 indigent undergraduates in Nigeria for a start as a way of giving back to my society afterwards as I know I will get a job. God bless you. +2349038584278
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Sunnyshinylight(f): 8:11am On Apr 02, 2019
Joyful
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by jlinkd78(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2019
Following . At d end of d day it will be further confirmed that Rivers State is PDP

1 Like

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by babadeee(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2019
If they like let dem delay the collation till next year, wat will be will be Rivers is PDP grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Houseofglam7(f): 10:03am On Apr 02, 2019
undecided
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by nullboss: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:

Is your brain aware of what you just typed? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by RemiTinubu(f): 10:04am On Apr 02, 2019
[s]
Sunnyshinylight:
Folks are so backwards.,..... this guys what were they saying??¿.

Backwards guys! !

Sound mind do they have it

Wike thugs.... Shame to be tag a grass.,. Do you know who's talking? Kids inside the net. Come out and be free right now""""""
[/s]
Cherrybae i sight you
continue to sleep in heavenly peace
cc
Oldsilver
BadTaste
divicodefred codinglang

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by tesppidd: 10:07am On Apr 02, 2019
I really wonder what results inec is collating.

They suspended the election because soldiers hijacked the materials and disrupted the voting process.

So where did they get the results they are collating?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by bluecircle470: 10:09am On Apr 02, 2019
ojun50:

You need the life bullet more
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by DoyenExchange: 10:11am On Apr 02, 2019
Sunnyshinylight:

He should throw away the mandate that he was given by Rivers people? I don't understand! Collate the results and declare him winner !

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:12am On Apr 02, 2019
Amaechi has spent so much of FG's money on this failed AAC project ehh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Moneystopnonsen: 10:12am On Apr 02, 2019
AAC sponsored protest going on, PDP counter protest ongoing also. Folks should just stay clear off any route that is close to GRA junction, because na there the clapping go start from before e spread.

Stay alive
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Sirjohn84(m): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2019
fingers crossed watching
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by potty10: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2019
wike should be declared the winner of the election
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by forayfleo(m): 10:14am On Apr 02, 2019
Anything that will conclude the Election is welcome
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by forayfleo(m): 10:16am On Apr 02, 2019
I'm about heading that area self thanks for the information
Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by anytexy: 10:23am On Apr 02, 2019
ojun50:

" Ameachi need to take life bullet so peace can rein".

He deserves it I tell you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Election: Police Speaks On Result Collation by Lyriclekid: 10:25am On Apr 02, 2019
Hmm okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Thrives In Controversy, Yet He Succeeds All The Time. / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Baroness Scotlan, Commonwealth Secretary General, / National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.