Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,904 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Fulani Herdsman Attacks Woman In Aba; Vows To Cut Off Her Head - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Herdsman Attacks Woman In Aba; Vows To Cut Off Her Head (465 Views)

Suspected Thief Attacks Woman With Knife And Steals Her Phone In Jigawa / Fulani Herdsman Attacks Father & Son In Bayelsa Over Missing Cow (Photo) / Fulani Herdsman Caught Having Sex With His Cow In Kubwa, Abuja (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsman Attacks Woman In Aba; Vows To Cut Off Her Head by amstardi: 7:46am On Apr 02, 2019
middle aged woman, Esther Ibemecha, has escaped death by a Fulani herdsman who threatened to cut off her head.

The incident which happened on Sunday, 31st March, 2019, along No.1 Peoples Road, by Water side, Ogbor hill Aba, thrown the area into panic as youths threatened reprisal attack on Fulani herdsmen.

Speaking to the victim, Esther, who runs a beer parlour also an indigene of Asaga in Ohafia LGA, Abia State, who was admitted at General Hospital, Eziukwu, Aba, she narrated how the incident happened. She said;

“Yesterday, Sunday 31st of March, around 4:30 PM, I said let me go to my shop and relax at No.1 Peoples Road, Ogbor Hill Aba.

“While on my way going to my shop I couldn’t pass through because herdsman with his cows blocked the way. I asked the herdsman to move the cows out of the shop area, but the herdsman threatens to cut off my head.

“I insisted that the herdsman should please move his cow… but before I could know what was happening, the herdsman hit me with a stick and as if that was not enough, he brought out a machete, trying to cut off my head, I defended it with my hand and it cut off my four finger nails.

“When the herdsman sees that blood is gushing out, he intended to runaway, I pursued him with the blood and luckily for me, I saw an Army checkpoint near the area, they helped me and catch the cattle herder. They didn’t do him anything, only kneel him down and flog him with the machete, she narrated.

Also speaking, Elder U.O Kalu, chairman of the area, who corroborated the story said The herdsman after inflicting injuries on the woman ran away but was caught by some military men, who took him to the Eziama police station.

A Comrade Ogadinma Nwalaocha, on his own part pleaded with the government to order the herdsmen to stay away from the area.

“We want the herdsmen to stay off our area. They always destroyed our crops. With this development. They should stop coming to our area to avoid taking laws into our hands.”

Meanwhile, The lady (Ms Esther) is asking for assistance as a single mother, and her bills have to be paid.

Mynd44

Re: Fulani Herdsman Attacks Woman In Aba; Vows To Cut Off Her Head by Benlight: 7:52am On Apr 02, 2019
God help us.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Attacks Woman In Aba; Vows To Cut Off Her Head by Miltonbit(m): 7:59am On Apr 02, 2019
The Greatest scam of the century is a country call Nigeria. One Nigeria indeed. This government will set this country on fire if we are not careful.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Attacks Woman In Aba; Vows To Cut Off Her Head by nrexzy: 8:08am On Apr 02, 2019
So u politely told him to move his cow? Which kin lie b dis naaa
Re: Fulani Herdsman Attacks Woman In Aba; Vows To Cut Off Her Head by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 02, 2019
Fulani herdsman in Aba! wetin he dey find there..
Re: Fulani Herdsman Attacks Woman In Aba; Vows To Cut Off Her Head by Mikora: 8:28am On Apr 02, 2019
Hope the police won't collect money and let the culprit go

(1) (Reply)

Father Flogs Babcock Student (100L) Who Scammed Him Of N800,000 To Buy Textbooks / EFCC Arrests 11 ‘yahoo Boys’ In Ibadan / Child Abuse: 17-year-old Accuses Winners Chapel Pastor Of Repeated Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.