Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be (8798 Views)

Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker / Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore Rejects Obi, Says He Represents Biafra / 2023: Umahi Denies Allegations Of Working Against Obi, Says Ebonyi Will Vote APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by 17Ebiscoo: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2019
The Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the February 23, presidential election, Mr Peter Obi, has warned ahead of resumption of collation of results in Rivers State that the will of the people must be allowed to prevail.

Obi said that the needless stretch of Rivers people can only be compensated if their will is allowed to prevail in all elective positions in the state.

The VP candidate said that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) should see the collation of results in Rivers State as a huge opportunity for them to trying cleaning up their dented image that arose from their questionable handling of the February 23 and March 9 presidential and gubernatorial polls respectively.

Obi said that the people of Rivers State should not have been subjected to the agony of waiting for more than 20 days before hearing their results, but it happened because power found their way into the hands of some rascals who flagrantly abused it.

According to a statement from his media office released on Monday in Abuja, Obi said that the militarisation of the election in Rivers and other South South states remain the sour side of 2019 general election for which the image of the country suffered grossly.

The former Anambra State Governor said that Rivers state is so critical to the economic and political development of the country that a serious government should not contribute to its destabilisation because of attendant far reaching implications to the fragile national economy.

Obi noted said that aside the fact that Rivers state is a traditional PDP state, the performance of its gubernatorial flagbearer Bar Neyesom Wike in the last four years makes it imperative that no party would be able to compete effectively in the state.

Obi saluted the resilience of the Rivers people and urged them “to remain resolute until their will prevails” as INEC resumes the collation of results today, Tuesday, April 2, 2019.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/02/rivers-let-the-will-of-the-people-prevail-obi-%e2%80%a2says-rivers-too-critical-to-be-disrupted/

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by jlinkd78(m): 8:21am On Apr 02, 2019
Let d will of d people reign supreme. APC and Amaechi have tried but Wike has shown he is in charge. I understand Amaechi palpable fear cos in d Next Level govt he will be a personae non grata at d Federal Level and an accursed outcast at d state level hence d reason he is doing anything possible to ensure Wike is unseated. Amaechi truly behaves like someone under a curse. It's a common gist in town that one great prophet, d G.O of OPM whom Amaechi had irreconcilable differences once cursed him. Coincidentally d same man of God recently gave Wike a symbolic key to Govt House and I learned Amaechi is doing all he can to make sure that prophetic utterance doesn't come to pass. As it appears Amaechi should be encouraged to go make peace with God thru a public restitution at OPM for it appears he has lost this one las las.

11 Likes

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by DemolaUnbias(m): 8:24am On Apr 02, 2019
So when your party wins means it's will of people but when it's otherwise it's not the will of people, PDP with "hypocrites" according to OBJ latest assessments.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by Flets: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2019
How exactly is this up for discussion?

How does any sane mind fathom that an unknown AAC whose flagbearer is unknown will beat PDp in a state where Amaechi is detested?

For every rubbish the FG intends to play on this one, the consequence will be swift.

24 Likes

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2019
How will the will of the people prevail when a certain man named Ameachi wants to impose himself as a "Jagaban" of Rivers state..
Well it won't work!!

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by Cletus77(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2019
DemolaUnbias:
So when your party wins means it's will of people but when it's otherwise it's not the will of people, PDP with "hypocrites" according to OBJ latest assessments.

Taarh! Lemme hear word. I've said it before that any free and fair election, PDP will concede defeat anytime any day.

APC with all apparatuses of government is dangerous and doesn't mind bending the people's will

14 Likes

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by thelifepagesng(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2019
Ohh

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by OmoManU: 8:37am On Apr 02, 2019
grin
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by morikee: 8:38am On Apr 02, 2019
Will of people you can say it again
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by Cletus77(m): 8:39am On Apr 02, 2019
Flets:

How does any sane mind fathom that an unknown AAC whose flagbearer is unknown will beat PDp in a state where Amaechi is detested?

For every rubbish the FG intends to play on this one, the consequence will be swift.
If NCC wins Kano state without PDP on the ballot
Shey APC will agree?

8 Likes

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by Cletus77(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2019
Wike's achievement has spoken for him..

Amaechi and Double A and c should go and sleep

3 Likes

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by MonthlyIncome(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2019
Let me see how Nairalanders relate with this cos I can't decode how dis calls for a discussion
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2019
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by blessingsystem: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2019
Flets:

No right thinking, educated person that experienced Amaechi's first tenure can detest him. We know why he didn't do much in his second tenure.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by dedonfranco(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2019
The will of the people is Wike to go, too many killings in our state.
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 02, 2019
This loser is still here? He should go back to his country, China grin grin grin grin grin grin

btw, my dogg over to you to do what you know best, just wait and see my dogg na
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by MxreR: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2019
Rivers State is PDP

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by RemiTinubu(f): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2019
[s][s]
codinglang:
This loser is still here? He should go back to his country, China grin grin grin grin grin grin

[/s][/s]
trash
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by anonimi: 9:11am On Apr 02, 2019
Flets:

Will this be a repeat of Ondo and Omoboriowo NPN 1983
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by noisy45(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2019
Take it anywhere wike will bleep amaechi
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2019
RemiTinubu:
[s][/s]
trash

I said it! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by RemiTinubu(f): 9:54am On Apr 02, 2019
[s]
codinglang:

I said it! grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]
Rubbish
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by RemiTinubu(f): 9:56am On Apr 02, 2019
[s]
codinglang:

[/s]
Stop talking Nonsense
now you're behaving
nice one keep it up bra
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by bigfish3k: 10:45am On Apr 02, 2019
DemolaUnbias:

can APC win without violence?

"will of the people" as far as APC didnt unleash violence as usual
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by Modarun(m): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2019
Afonja will not allow River state drink water and drop cup. What is yorubas business with Rivers? Please The Soutb South and South East are smart and have rejected your increased Taxes and IGR with nothing to show unground economic policy. The region can never be Anybodies estate. Akpabio and Ameachi are all finished politically, Even the Wike self mess up, we kick his butt out.
Oga Afonja, Alphabeta can never collect tax in Rivers or any part of the greater South. You guys should take a chill pill.
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by MXrep: 11:50am On Apr 02, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
How will the will of the people prevail when a certain man named Ameachi wants to impose himself as a "Jagaban" of Rivers state..
Well it won't work!!
I love the treatment given to any jagaban wannabe in SS and SE
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by PlayerMeji: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2019
APC cannot afford to not control 3 states in Nigeria, namely Lagos, Kano and Rivers states.

They already captured 2, now they want the third.

They know PDP gets funds from Rivers, that's explains why Wike is not a pushover in PDP.

The moment they capture Rivers will spell out THE END for PDP.

Lagos and Kano already done deeds.

APC sacrificed Osun and Adamawa to get Rivers, they know these states were more of a liability to them than others.
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
MXrep:

I love the treatment given ti any jagaban wannabe in SS and SE
Very true, Okorocha and Akpabio should learn a thing or two from the way Rivers people stood against Ameachi!!
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by MXrep: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
PlayerMeji:
APC cannot afford to not control 3 states in Nigeria, namely Lagos, Kano and Rivers states.

They already captured 2, now they want the third.

They know PDP gets funds from Rivers, that's explains why Wike is not a pushover in PDP.

The moment they capture Rivers will spell out THE END for PDP.

Lagos and Kano already done deeds.

APC sacrificed Osun and Adamawa to get Rivers, they know these states were more of a liability to them than others.
In SS and SE the people decide and not any larger than life political megalomania. This is not the feudalistic north or subservient west
Re: Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be by PlayerMeji: 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
I can't speak plenty grammar but I m sure what the SS and SE take pride in is still their biggest undoing.

No clear-cut leadership direction to represent their interests on the national round-table.

The North and SW usually have a consensus on most issues but not the SS or SE. There are too many contrasting interests.

Eventually, the regions will now have to work with North or SW who already have a clear agenda.

Not that the approach is bad, but I think it is not overly effective every time.

MXrep:

In SS and SE the people decide and not any larger than life political megalomania. This is not the feudalistic north or subservient west

(1) (Reply)

240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila / Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal / For Yorubas: What Is Our Long Term Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.