Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:37 PM

I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry (40957 Views)

My Mother Is Forcing Me Out Of The House / My Boyfriend Is Forcing Me To Invest / Who Is Forcing Them To Marry? – Reactions As Wedding Photos Of Couple Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Cocoyamdcomedia: 8:16am On Apr 02, 2019
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by colorsofrainbow: 8:27am On Apr 02, 2019
unless u now own a car,own a house,have paid bride price,wont host traditional/church marriage,u are ready to go on series of hunger strike with ur proposed wife then u are free to marry

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by kinibigdeal(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Ll

They won't be there with you in marriage. Marry when you are ready

278 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by aanuoluwami14(f): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Ll

Don't allow pressure from your parents to lead you to your early grave. Let them know that marriage is not a day wedding nor a year programme. Follow your plans. Best of luck

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by don4real18(m): 10:01am On Apr 02, 2019
Diaper cost is something else though if your babe is comfortable, you can go ahead and grow together

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by ImaIma1(f): 10:22am On Apr 02, 2019
They have no right to force you. They have lived their lives, this is your own life and you will live with your choices alone.

Just be silent whenever they bring up the issue... don't argue or contribute. When they are done, say "ok". Marry when you can.

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Offpoint: 10:30am On Apr 02, 2019
If I have 200k in my account right now I'll marry 2 wives... to boost my business.

DIVISION OF LABOUR

you only pay salary once, you compensate them every night.

if I die na too much sense kee me

I'm out

198 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by adamsoghene: 11:16am On Apr 02, 2019
It depends on alot of factors.

1. Ur tribe/ state of origin
2. Ur age
3. Ur parents present age & health status.
4. How financially buoyant are ur parents.

Either way still, don't let any1 force u until u r ready.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
Marry when ready

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Michelle55: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
Marry when you can afford to be married.. Don't let your parents push you into something you can't finish or end up regretting.
Dem no dey catch latecomer for marriage matter

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by GOFRONT(m): 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
Erm!!!...Op send the 200k to me......I go return am tomorrow

8 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Femi316: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Ishlove
Bros you don see any when you like.....if yes give am belle.....quick quick

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Satan66(m): 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
Marry the woman.
After marriage Impregnant her then sell the child for 200-500k.
Continue the process until you can marry more wife's so as to produce more children at a faster rate.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by falcon01: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
200k that's a pocket money na

6 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Biggty(m): 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
How old are you op? Your parents may have genuine reason in wanting to force you to marry right now

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by eduson33(m): 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by sweetilicious(f): 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thank you.I will go with you.
Michelle55:
Marry when you can afford to be married.. Don't let your parents push you into something you can't finish or end up regretting.
Dem no dey catch latecomer for marriage matter

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Aktony(m): 5:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hmmm..... Bros don't try it o, bcus they won't be the one to cater for ur family. So take ur time more so, the decision of your partner matters alot

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
I have many married friends owing me lol. E no easy

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by DZTech: 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Ishlove
leave story.
if ur both working its possible.
ignore naysayers.
na oversabi b our problem for 9ja.
poor peeps dey mari evriday.

plan wit her to save every kobo.
send announcement to ur peeps. request "home warming" gifts.
trado and church on same WEEK day.
buy trado tins, keep d inlaws dia, use d tins for church reception.
church wedding- parents, best friends only.
una wear cloth wey una get.

both sides contribute food.
una do reception for church compound.
once una chop finish-
evri1, return to work.
simple.
cool

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
don4real18:
Diaper cost is something else though if your babe is comfortable, you can go ahead and grow together

Bro to buy mofix 3200 don tire me. My son Some times use like 4 diapers in a day grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
DZTech:
leave story.
if ur both working its possible.
ignore naysayers.
na oversabi b our problem for 9ja.
poor peeps dey mari evriday.

plan wit her to save every kobo.
send announcement to ur peeps. request "home warming" gifts.
trado and church on same WEEK day.
buy trado tins, keep d inlaws dia, use d tins for church reception.
church wedding- parents, best friends only.
una wear cloth wey una get.

both sides contribute food.
una do reception for church compound.
once una chop finish-
evri1, return to work.
simple.
cool

I guess you are not married... tell me what 200k can solve for the guy ...

29 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by DZTech: 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

Bro to buy mofix 4200 don tire me. My son Some times use like 4 diapers in a day grin
invest in a small washing machine.
dettol, bleach and nappies will save u money in 1 year.

15 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
How old 're you and what are their reasons ? Ordinarily 200k is nothing when it comes to marriage ...the liability In marriage is Something beyond eyes

6 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by DZTech: 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

I guess you are not married... tell me what 200k can solve for the guy ...
money is d mirage u people keep facing.
it depends on him and her.
a down to earth girl will ignore 'notice me' wastage.
a one day affair will pass.
if they live on his earnings and save hers for future investments, they'll do well.
d only qtn is if he can find an understanding lady.

18 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
DZTech:
invest in a small washing machine.
dettol, bleach and nappies will save u money in 1 year.

Nappies in those modern days? We have washable pampers in the market but they aren't still good as diapers ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by DZTech: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

Nappies in those modern days? We have washable pampers in the market but they aren't still good as diapers ...
make I give u alert:
oyinbo sef don dey leave diapers o!
ask Google,

9 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
DZTech:
money is d mirage u people keep facing.
it depends on him and her.
a down to earth girl will ignore 'notice me' wastage.
a one day affair will pass.
if they live on his earnings and save hers for future investments, they'll do well.
d only qtn is if he can find an understanding lady.

Yeah but nor for someone with 200k bro. Is marriage the only responsibility he's going to face?

20 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by GuntersChain(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
wedding ceremony is just a day activity but marriage is for a life time.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by DZTech: 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

Yeah but nor for someone with 200k bro. Is marriage the only responsibility he's going to face?
ask all those married men who lost their jobs in 2016, 2017 recession.
shey dia marriage don end?
life hard, yes.
but life goes on.
"he who finds a wife finds a good thing", abi?

31 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did You Finally Date That Girl That Was Forming Too Hard To Get? Did It Go Well? / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man / My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.