Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen (30844 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
All of these could be likened to what happened to natural Jews!
Their faithfulness, their errors, their achievement, their friends, their foes, when their God supported them in times of their faithfulness and when he punished them in times of their blunders.
But still he keeps presenting himself as the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, and in general he calls himself the God of Israel!
So no matter what you think or say about them, their God remains with them and helping them to achieve what he REQUIRES of them because they remained his people! wink
Today we're having the SPIRITUAL Jews and their history is exactly what you've just narrated, but there are things you forgot to include in all your write-up:
WHAT DOES THEIR GOD SAY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE?
ARE THEY MEETING UP WITH THE EXPECTATION?
IS THERE ANY NATION NATURAL OR SPIRITUAL THAT'S PERFORMING BETTER THAN THEM?
Well that is why the millions are increasing! Just try to attend this year's memorial Aparil 19 and see how many millions are still looking forward to them with high esteem! wink

You have mentioned achievements in numerous occasions. Let's deal with it...

What have Jws achieved and what is the yardstick to measure how good their achievement has been?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

You have mentioned achievements in numerous occasions. Let's deal with it...

What have Jws achieved and what is the yardstick to measure how good their achievement has been?
Hey! This is not a competition Sir, it's all about a Spirit being who claimed to be the Almighty God or only true God, those he dealt with as friends, the qualities that attracted him and who are those he is dealing with today as his people. That's all! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Rahab and the rest were ancient Jehovah's Witnesses! Hebrew 11:3-15,12:1
Of course these people aren't special or possessed any unique lifestyle than one single thing they all shared in common, they endeavour to know God's arragement and fully supported it to the end! That's why he could count this act as righteousness for them. Even a prostitute like Rahab was counted as one of them! Hebrew 11: 31
So it is clear that he wasn't interested in their past life but focused on how they reacted when they were able to notice his CHOSEN people and arrangement [ organization]
You can work on the attributes of these people that the Apostle Paul referred to as a crowd of WITNESSES! Hebrew 12:1
I am sure you'll know what the modern day Jehovah's Witnesses have achieved as you contemplate on the fine qualities of these ancient witnesses of Jehovah. Notice that they made several mistakes in life and lots of ASSUMPTIONS yet Jehovah continued to admire their courage as his people! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Tatime.
It's true!!!
Jonah spent three days imprisoned in the belly of the fish because he feared going to face pagan inhabitants of Nineveh. Jehovah's Witnesses organization also spent years inside spiritual prison because they feared going to face the people of all the nations! But God has blessed their second coming effort just as he blessed Jonah's work, and today in preparation for the return of Jesus they've gathered over 8m from all tribes of the earth making them subjects of God's kingdom!
Hmmm!

Maximus69: Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Tatime.

Achorladey: I hope to see what the yes excitement is all about.

Maximus69: It's true!!!

Achorladey: What is TRUE? Who are the FAITHLESS still seeking signs of JONAH?

Maximus69: Jonah spent three days imprisoned in the belly of the fish because he feared going to face pagan inhabitants of Nineveh.

Achorladey: Have seen this before, not new.

Maximus69: Jehovah's Witnesses organization also spent years inside spiritual prison because they feared going to face the people of all the nations!

Achorladey: See NARRATIVES! What will you not to do to make SCRIPTURES FIT into WHATEVER you typed up there. Jehovah's witnesses organization in SPIRITUAL PRISON, who put them THEIR? They were also AFRAID of the NATIONS. WHY? It's all in the NARRATIVE.

Maximus69: But God has blessed their second coming effort just as he blessed Jonah's work,

Achorladey: JWS too get SECOND COMING, I bet I haven't heard the last of this. No wonder rottennaija said you will eventually ASSUME to be the JESUS. The new understanding on that still to come.

Maximus69: and today in preparation for the return of Jesus

Achorladey: How many times JESUS will return? The ASSUMED return brought the ASSUMED CLEANSING and ASSUMED APPOINTMENT of FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE(feel free to attach the years under consideration).

Maximus69: they've gathered over 8m from all tribes of the earth making them subjects of God's kingdom!

Achorladey: Is this the summary of your ACHIEVEMENT?

Maximus69: Hmmm!

Achorladey: One cannot read the whole of what is typed up there and not take a deep Hmmmmmmmm. It's classic case of making scriptures FIT ORGANIZATION TEACHINGS.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 11:04pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Rahab and the rest were ancient Jehovah's Witnesses! Hebrew 11:3-15,12:1
Of course these people aren't special or possessed any unique lifestyle than one single thing they all shared in common, they endeavour to know God's arragement and fully supported it to the end! That's why he could count this act as righteousness for them. Even a prostitute like Rahab was counted as one of them! Hebrew 11: 31
So it is clear that he wasn't interested in their past life but focused on how they reacted when they were able to notice his CHOSEN people and arrangement [ organization]
You can work on the attributes of these people that the Apostle Paul referred to as a crowd of WITNESSES! Hebrew 12:1
I am sure you'll know what the modern day Jehovah's Witnesses have achieved as you contemplate on the fine qualities of these ancient witnesses of Jehovah. Notice that they made several mistakes in life and lots of ASSUMPTIONS yet Jehovah continued to admire their courage as his people! wink

LOTS of ASSUMPTIONS in SUMMARY as captured in your POST.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

The way you are going, you might even assume to be the faithful and discreet slave one day, or even Jesus himself.
Oh no! You aren't getting my point Sir!
Those who were able to identify the ancient servants of God NEVER allowed presumption to make them think they can go ahead of his chosen vessel.
Today, we who recognised the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses DON'T ASSUME for them! Whoever try such is running towards his doom! 2Samuel 6:6,7
So it's either you agree with them and support the arrangement or disgree with them and walk away! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
I don't have time to waste on fugitives and miscreants! wink
achorladey:

LOTS of ASSUMPTIONS in SUMMARY as captured in your POST.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
Oh no! You aren't getting my point Sir!
Those who were able to identify the ancient servants of God NEVER allowed presumption to make them think they can go ahead of his chosen vessel.
Today, we who recognised the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses DON'T ASSUME for them! Whoever try such is running towards his doom! 2Samuel 6:6,7
So it's either you agree with them and support the arrangement or disgree with them and walk away! wink

2 Samuel 6:6,7.........

When they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, Uzzah reached out and grabbed hold of the ark of God, because the oxen stumbled. 7 The Lord was so furious with Uzzah, he killed him on the spot for his NEGLIGENCE. He died right there beside the ark of God.

Is king DAVID an ASSUMPTION/ASSUMED KING of Israel?

Are the LEVITES in charge of carrying the ARK in an ASSUMED post or AUTHORITY?

Was UZZAH PRESUMPTUOUS or ASSUMING for king DAVID and the LEVITES?

You will eventually SMUGGLE your narrative of PRESUMPTUOUS and ASSUMED/ASSUMPTION into that account in the scripture you cited all in the name of ELEVATING the GOVERNING BODY of JWs.

Maximus69 cannot become PRESUMPTUOUS to those he said and believed THEY got ASSUMED APPOINTMENT as CHOSEN VESSEL from JESUS CHRIST.

He continued by saying his LIFE DEPENDS on those TERMS and CONDITIONS.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 11:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
I don't have time to waste on fugitives and miscreants! wink

Initially when you tried to draw me out with your initial post about uniting Christians all over the World, I was just waiting to see how you will evolve to finally show me your motives, it didn't take long to ascertain that though.

Oga Military strategist. Even all those military terms and knowledge you try to use as analogy to prove many things came back to you as presented.

You eventually ended up taking side with one out of the many CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS out there and now want to prove to others that the denomination you are a member of with the population of 8 MILLION is uniting Christians earth wide when you are aware that BEFORE and AFTER the JWS ORGANIZATIONS ever DREAMT of coming ONBOARD some CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS out there NOT only have MORE THAN 8 million adherents that can be said to be equally UNITED like yours and have in ONE WAY or the other AIDED the BIRTH of YOUR DENOMINATION that the founders of the ORGANIZATION can ATTEST to OR read the organization HISTORY.

Then the HALF BAKED JWS SAGA. A classic case of POT calling the KETTLE black. You that is a MEMBER TO BE should you not be practising that ahead of time?

I conclude with the words written in the PUBLICATIONS printed and attributed to one of the FOUNDATION members of the ORGANIZATION you are a member of.........

"A TRUTH presented by SATAN HIMSELF is JUST as TRUE as a TRUTH stated by GOD". Na the beginning of KATAKATA! If you know you know.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 5:48am On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
Hey! This is not a competition Sir, it's all about a Spirit being who claimed to be the Almighty God or only true God, those he dealt with as friends, the qualities that attracted him and who are those he is dealing with today as his people. That's all! wink

For a very long time of your write up and response, you have been mentioning achievement of the said group as evidence of God's backing through his holy spirit.

Not it time to consider the achievement to see how they fair in comparison to other groups that came out the same time and those before (now you are saying it's no competition)

Please tell me, what has this group achieved in over 100 years of existence and let's compare their blessings with other groups that came our letter
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 5:50am On Apr 12, 2019
achorladey:

Maximus69: Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Tatime.

Achorladey: I hope to see what the yes excitement is all about.

Maximus69: It's true!!!

Achorladey: What is TRUE? Who are the FAITHLESS still seeking signs of JONAH?

Maximus69: Jonah spent three days imprisoned in the belly of the fish because he feared going to face pagan inhabitants of Nineveh.

Achorladey: Have seen this before, not new.

Maximus69: Jehovah's Witnesses organization also spent years inside spiritual prison because they feared going to face the people of all the nations!

Achorladey: See NARRATIVES! What will you not to do to make SCRIPTURES FIT into WHATEVER you typed up there. Jehovah's witnesses organization in SPIRITUAL PRISON, who put them THEIR? They were also AFRAID of the NATIONS. WHY? It's all in the NARRATIVE.

Maximus69: But God has blessed their second coming effort just as he blessed Jonah's work,

Achorladey: JWS too get SECOND COMING, I bet I haven't heard the last of this. No wonder rottennaija said you will eventually ASSUME to be the JESUS. The new understanding on that still to come.

Maximus69: and today in preparation for the return of Jesus

Achorladey: How many times JESUS will return? The ASSUMED return brought the ASSUMED CLEANSING and ASSUMED APPOINTMENT of FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE(feel free to attach the years under consideration).

Maximus69: they've gathered over 8m from all tribes of the earth making them subjects of God's kingdom!

Achorladey: Is this the summary of your ACHIEVEMENT?

Maximus69: Hmmm!

Achorladey: One cannot read the whole of what is typed up there and not take a deep Hmmmmmmmm. It's classic case of making scriptures FIT ORGANIZATION TEACHINGS.

I have been away from Watchtower teachings for about 2 years. They say the organization is changing rapidly and if you are away for even 1 years, and you return to them, you will observe its not the same as you left. (I must agree)

It will never be the same. The true teachings of God's word cannot change. Truth is one. What is true today is true tomorrow. If it weren't true today, it cannot be true tomorrow unless it wasnt true.

A lot of changes in the organization. A lot of rewriting the it's history. A lot of flipping teachings, forward and backward. In all of these! It's not God's word that change but men that change its interpretation to fits the interests of their organizations.

One thing I have come to learn about JWs is that they can use any Bible narrative to fit into the history of their religion and their members will be so impressed. No wonder they kept mentioning identifying the GB and following them
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 12, 2019
rottennaija:

For a very long time of your write up and response, you have been mentioning achievement of the said group as evidence of God's backing through his holy spirit.

Not it time to consider the achievement to see how they fair in comparison to other groups that came out the same time and those before (now you are saying it's no competition)

Please tell me, what has this group achieved in over 100 years of existence and let's compare their blessings with other groups that came our letter
Good morning Sir, how was your night?
I slept off because i don't like chatting with people like your friend, his comments has no substance so i dropped the phone and slept!
Now let's consider the ACHIEVEMENTS!
First of all we need to know what the God in question values before we can speak of what is to be considered as real achievements from his viewpoint.
Well it's like he values dedication, consistency, honesty, sincerity, willingness to make amendments, focus, loyalty and love since that is his predominant quality.
[1] JWs began their movement with the research of the first president of Watchtower C.T Russel who publicly declared he is not inspired but making research as to how Christianity ought to be and ever since then the organization has been making countless AMENDMENTS to suit that purpose!
[2] They started meeting together and searching the scriptures to ascertain what exactly was the motive of the author of the Bible, so they kept searching until they discovered that the translators inserted many ideas based on their former conviction! The JWs removed all such insertions to be sure of what the author had in mind and today you can testify to that fact as most people are now coming to realise certain facts like the meaning of Sheol, Hades, Gehenna and the rest!
[3] They kept searching until they discovered that the old tradition of all good people goes to heaven is resolved and millions now know that God's original purpose is for humans to live forever on this planet he prepared in a perfect way!
[4] They started spreading the little information the got and gradually many people joined the group until it grows to a global group we're having today!
[5] They discovered that the Mosaic laws is not for Christians and that principles is what will govern Christianity until the owner returns, so they worked tirelessly to list out those principles while many who can't stand such principles left the group!
[6] They began taking the principles to all the corners of the earth to unite all those who might be pleased with these principles and millions welcomed it!
Today over eight million members of this organization have been trained with this ASSUMED principles until all dedicated members of this organization are more involved in military services and politics. They reasoned that if RACISM is to be a thing of the past, politics and military must be scrapped totally since these two were put in place promote racial prejudice!
So the blessings.
¤There is no organization that is TRULY united and peaceful like the JWs!
¤There is no religious group known for consistency in virtuous works across the globe like JWs!
¤There is no place a JW gets to on this planet, if JWs are there, he/she is at home!
¤There are many religious groups but none is globally known for unique standards like the JWs!
Please you can refute any of what i typed but mind you try to replace the JWs with a better PERFORMING group in any of those achievements mentioned. It will be pointless refuting it when you can't present another group PERFORMING better unless if you want to tell me that those things are not good qualities expected of people claiming worshipers of the one and only true God who claimed he is LOVE! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 8:17am On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
I slept off because i don't like chatting with people like your friend, his comments has no substance so i dropped the phone and slept!
First of all we need to know what the God in question values before we can speak of what is to be considered as real achievements from his viewpoint.
Well it's like he values dedication, consistency, honesty, sincerity, willingness to make amendments, focus, loyalty and love since that is his predominant quality.
[1] JWs began their movement with the research of the first president of Watchtower C.T Russel who publicly declared he is not inspired but making research as to how Christianity ought to be and ever since then the organization has been making countless AMENDMENTS to suit that purpose!
[2] They started meeting together and searching the scriptures to ascertain what exactly was the motive of the author of the Bible, so they kept searching until they discovered that the translators inserted many ideas based on their former conviction! The JWs removed all such insertions to be sure of what the author had in mind and today you can testify to that fact as most people are now coming to realise certain facts like the meaning of Sheol, Hades, Gehenna and the rest!
[3] They kept searching until they discovered that the old tradition of all good people goes to heaven is resolved and millions now know that God's original purpose is for humans to live forever on this planet he prepared in a perfect way!
[4] They started spreading the little information the got and gradually many people joined the group until it grows to a global group we're having today!
[5] They discovered that the Mosaic laws is not for Christians and that principles is what will govern Christianity until the owner returns, so they worked tirelessly to list out those principles while many who can't stand such principles left the group!
[6] They began taking the principles to all the corners of the earth to unite all those who might be pleased with these principles and millions welcomed it!
Today over eight million members of this organization have been trained with this ASSUMED principles until all dedicated members of this organization are more involved in military services and politics. They reasoned that if RACISM is to be a thing of the past, politics and military must be scrapped totally since these two were put in place promote racial prejudice!
So the blessings.
¤There is no religious group known for consistency in virtuous works across the globe like JWs!
¤There is no place a JW gets to on this planet, if JWs are there, he/she is at home!
¤There are many religious groups but none is globally known for unique standards like the JWs!
Please you can refute any of what i typed but mind you try to replace the JWs with a better PERFORMING group in any of those achievements mentioned. It will be pointless refuting it when you can't present another group PERFORMING better unless if you want to tell me that those things are not good qualities expected of people claiming worshipers of the one and only true God who claimed he is LOVE! wink

Before responding, I'm going to ask you a question..

Have you seen or known a situation where someone set a certain criteria, uses the same criteria he sets to judge himself and others?

Have you heard or seen such before?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 12, 2019
rottennaija:

Before responding, I'm going to ask you a question..

Have you seen or known a situation where someone set a certain criteria, uses the same criteria he sets to judge himself and others?

Have you heard or seen such before?
Jesus said 'do not judge, because the criteria you set to judge others is what will be used against you' so according to the greatest man who ever lived, it is not wrong to set standards but it is evil to set standards that you yourself will not live by it. Matthew 23:2-4
We are talking about Jehovah here and his witnesses, Jesus is the one and only perfect person amongst all renown Witnesses of Jehovah, but despite that he told us that imperfect humans shouldn't set standards for others because God will use such standards to judge the one who set it!
Jehovah's Witnesses knew this very well, that's why they will not count anyone who wouldn't agree to live by the standard they set amongst themselves as their brother[ Matthew 12:47-50] they'll rather relate with you as a neighbour! Luke 10:29-37 wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 12, 2019
achorladey:

You only need to look back now on what you have typed previously and see the quagmire you are into.
Maximus said the GB ASSUMED that they were chosen or anointed as the faithful and discreet slave at some point in time.
Your Pastors would have claimed the Lord SPOKE to them and by the end of the day when everything backfired none of your folks following them dare say anything to refute their claim! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Of course these imperfect men ASSUMED the date but it is evident that a powerful and highly intelligent spirit is backing their movement. What they couldn't have been so sure of is WHEN this spirit bestowed on them the impetus to start working as his CHOSEN slave! wink wink wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
Jesus said 'do not judge, because the criteria you set to judge others is what will be used against you' so according to the greatest man who ever lived, it is not wrong to set standards but it is evil to set standards that you yourself will not live by it. Matthew 23:2-4
We are talking about Jehovah here and his witnesses, Jesus is the one and only perfect person amongst all renown Witnesses of Jehovah, but despite that he told us that imperfect humans shouldn't set standards for others because God will use such standards to judge the one who set it!
Jehovah's Witnesses knew this very well, that's why they will not count anyone who wouldn't agree to live by the standard they set amongst themselves as their brother[ Matthew 12:47-50] they'll rather relate with you as a neighbour! Luke 10:29-37 wink
Maximus my brother! smiley smiley smiley
God bless you again and again and again for this awful write-up!
Jehovah actually said that the righteousness as in the standards governing HIS Witnesses is from HIM, certainly Jehovah knows that such a day like this will come when faithless individuals will demand to know the reason why Jehovah's people have set a standard amongst themselves and STRICTLY living by it! a Isaiah 54:17 smiley smiley smiley
Maximus, God bless you! grin grin grin
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2019
TATIME:
Maximus my brother! smiley smiley smiley
God bless you again and again and again for this awful write-up!
Jehovah actually said that the righteousness as in the standards governing HIS Witnesses is from HIM, certainly Jehovah knows that such a day like this will come when faithless individuals will demand to know the reason why Jehovah's people have set a standard amongst themselves and STRICTLY living by it! a Isaiah 54:17 smiley smiley smiley
Maximus, God bless you! grin grin grin
Jehovah has blessed his people Sir,so all tongues that rises against them will be silenced! Isaiah 54:17
My friend 'rottennaija' asked a funny question forgetting that there was a man [Jesus] who did exactly what he is asking me, this man set a criteria and used this criteria to judge himself and others, those who agreed to live by his criteria he calls 'my brothers' but those who rejects it he calls 'my neighbours'
Today rottennaija might claim to be one of the followers of this man but there is nowhere rottennaija could find those following the footsteps of that man [Jesus].
Now the one and only group doing the same thing that man did back then, rottennaija has joined other numerous critics castigating this harmless group all because they set a criteria within themselves and vowed to live by it! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 11:32am On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
Jehovah has blessed his people Sir,so all tongues that rises against them will be silenced! Isaiah 54:17
My friend 'rottennaija' asked a funny question forgetting that there was a man [Jesus] who did exactly what he is asking me, this man set a criteria and used this criteria to judge himself and others, those who agreed to live by his criteria he calls 'my brothers' but those who rejects it he calls 'my neighbours'
Today rottennaija might claim to be one of the followers of this man but there is nowhere rottennaija could find those following the footsteps of that man [Jesus].
Now the one and only group doing the same thing that man did back then, rottennaija has joined other numerous critics castigating this harmless group all because they set a criteria within themselves and vowed to live by it! wink

So it's agreed that JWs sets standards for themselves and use that to judge others?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
rottennaija:

So it's agreed that JWs sets standards for themselves and use that to judge others?
Because he is PERFECT, Jesus is the ONLY Witness Jehovah permits to judge both the living and the dead, whether they agree with his criteria or not! 2Timoty 4:1
But as for other imperfect Witnesses of Jehovah, we're to render judgment within ourselves as in those who have vowed to live by the standards! 1Corinthians 5:9-13
So Jehovah's Witnesses set standards among themselves, present such standards to others whether they can live by it or not, encourages one another to stick to the standards [ Hebrew 10:24,25] and DISFELLOWSHIP whoever WILLFULLY turned his back on the standards after agreeing to it! Hebrew 10:26,27 compared to Ecclesiastes 5:4 wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
@rottennaija
It is just as easy as pap and moimoi when reasoning together with Jehovah and his Witnesses, but if you don't know the motive behind our activities you'll start criticizing us unjustly!
For your information Sir we are a spiritual nation and we've gotten our own rules, so we invite as many as possible to nationalise themselves as a citizen of our spiritual nation.
Of course every nation has the sole right to set their own standards but there is no nation under the heavens having virtuous standards where you can find all the citizens WILLFULLY subjecting themselves to the standards set by their own nation except this one and only spiritual nation known as Jehovah's Witnesses!
God bless you! smiley
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
Because he is PERFECT, Jesus is the ONLY Witness Jehovah permits to judge both the living and the dead, whether they agree with his criteria or not! 2Timoty 4:1
But as for other imperfect Witnesses of Jehovah, we're to render judgment within ourselves as in those who have vowed to live by the standards! 1Corinthians 5:9-13
So Jehovah's Witnesses set standards among themselves, present such standards to others whether they can live by it or not, encourages one another to stick to the standards [ Hebrew 10:24,25] and DISFELLOWSHIP whoever WILLFULLY turned his back on the standards after agreeing to it! Hebrew 10:26,27 compared to Ecclesiastes 5:4 wink

You see, in our corresponding with one another, our conversation has traverse many topics and has not gotten anywhere. This is because you keep bringing up new topics into our chat and keep shifting the point we are discussing... I believe it would be more productive if we can stick to one issue and iron it out completely. (I sincerely doubt if you would be able to)

The above was by the way... Now back to our talk of standards. The context we discuss wasn't on internal rules you set for yourself and your members. We were talking about the achievement of the jw group and you listed what is their identity, what they use to identify themselves as the true religion. That was why I asked of standards...

So, let focus on that. Every religion, groups, organizations have their internal standards set for their members. But you cannot see union Bank claim because Zenith bank doesn't have as it's logo a stallion, then Zenith bank is not a true bank that follows the example set by the man that created the first bank.

That is what I meant by
rottennaija:

So, please don't muddle up the issue we discussed with your internal policies and standards. I am referring to what Jws used to decide others are not true religion and their is.

I hope we have an understanding. Can we proceed?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
TATIME:
Maximus said the GB ASSUMED that they were chosen or anointed as the faithful and discreet slave at some point in time.
Your Pastors would have claimed the Lord SPOKE to them and by the end of the day when everything backfired none of your folks following them dare say anything to refute their claim! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Of course these imperfect men ASSUMED the date but it is evident that a powerful and highly intelligent spirit is backing their movement. What they couldn't have been so sure of is WHEN this spirit bestowed on them the impetus to start working as his CHOSEN slave! wink wink wink

Hahahahaha, you always amaze me with your post and comment.

Concerning YOUR PASTORS, are you talking about pastor RUSSELL who was the SOLE SPOKESMAN for JESUS while he was Still alive. The pastors of nowadays copied from them, their forerunners.

Concerning it is "EVIDENT THAT A POWERFUL AND HIGHLY INTELLIGENT SPIRIT IS BACKING THEIR MOVEMENT"

The EVIDENCE is what rottennaija has repeatedly requested for. Please SHOW evidence of THEIR ASSUMPTION APPOINTMENT or ASSUMED APPOINTMENT as the FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVES.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
rottennaija:

You see, in our corresponding with one another, our conversation has traverse many topics and has not gotten anywhere. This is because you keep bringing up new topics into our chat and keep shifting the point we are discussing... I believe it would be more productive if we can stick to one issue and iron it out completely. (I sincerely doubt if you would be able to)

The above was by the way... Now back to our talk of standards. The context we discuss wasn't on internal rules you set for yourself and your members. We were talking about the achievement of the jw group and you listed what is their identity, what they use to identify themselves as the true religion. That was why I asked of standards...

So, let focus on that. Every religion, groups, organizations have their internal standards set for their members. But you cannot see union Bank claim because Zenith bank doesn't have as it's logo a stallion, then Zenith bank is not a true bank that follows the example set by the man that created the first bank.

That is what I meant by

So, please don't muddle up the issue we discussed with your internal policies and standards. I am referring to what Jws used to decide others are not true religion and their is.

I hope we have an understanding. Can we proceed?
Hmmm,
I have listed the achievements already but it's because there is a confusionist in world who keeps transforming himself into an angel of light, many people now think everyone can just erect his/her own tent and start referring to it as worship that is approved by God, and most people misconstrued what achievement is for what is not beneficial!
Knowledge is defined as accumulation of useful information, while Wisdom is the practical application of acquired knowledge for lasting benefits.
So now look critically but carefully at these. Notice where Wisdom is at work! Luke 7:35
¤ Worshipers of the only true God must be known as members belonging to one happy global family! Isaiah 2:2-4 John 17:14-16
¤ There is no other God to promote division or hatred in their midst such as racism, higher academic degrees or materialism! Jeremiah 9:23,24 1Corinthians 12:13
¤ There is agreement in line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10, Phil 2:2
¤ There is no preaching and teaching program as effective as that of the JWs! Matthew 10:3-15, 28:19:20
¤ There is NO law enforcement agencies ordering members around during any of their gatherings! A sign of what Paul listed at Galatians 5:22,23
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
So the blessings.

Maximus69: I slept off because i don't like chatting with people like your friend, his comments has no substance so i dropped the phone and slept!

Achorladey: Hahahahaha, are you still surprised at the rate of my response come back at you? It has no substance indeed. I only see it as a get out clause.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2019
@rottennaija
I worked with the military intelligence for years and i've been to many places. What i noticed is that people from different races have various views regarding what is called achievement. If we're now discussing about achievement i think it will be wise to borrow a leaf from what the God of Israel values as the JWs are claiming to be the one and only group worshiping that same God today. I think that is the bone of contention!
That is why i draw your attention to the qualities that excites or interests the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2019
achorladey:

Maximus69: I slept off because i don't like chatting with people like your friend, his comments has no substance so i dropped the phone and slept!

Achorladey: Hahahahaha, are you still surprised at the rate of my response come back at you? It has no substance indeed. I only see it as a get out clause.
SUBSTANCE could only be noticed if you're debating or arguing in support of a specific renown group. In that case we can crosscheck the profile of such a group in comparison to what is required of true Christianity.
But obviously you're just like one of the 450 prophets of Baal who were standing together against Elijah because Elijah claims that the worship of the only true God must be identified with unique features!
Each of these 450 prophets had a shrine where he is serving as a priest while Elijah is claiming that whoever wants to worship the God of Israel[true God] must traveled all the way to Jerusalem's Temple.
So you're in the middle of nowhere, arguing for nothing! That's why i initially taught you wanted a unification of all Christian groups,but a close look at your write~up revealed that you have just one single enemy in mind 'any religious group that stands out as unique'. Therefore Tatime is right to have referred to you as a fugitive and i summed it up that you must be a miscreant or psychopath!
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 4:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
Hmmm,
I have listed the achievements already but it's because there is a confusionist in world who keeps transforming himself into an angel of light, many people now think everyone can just erect his/her own tent and start referring to it as worship that is approved by God, and most people misconstrued what achievement is for what is not beneficial!
Knowledge is defined as accumulation of useful information, while Wisdom is the practical application of acquired knowledge for lasting benefits.
So now look critically but carefully at these. Notice where Wisdom is at work! Luke 7:35
¤ Worshipers of the only true God must be known as members belonging to one happy global family! Isaiah 2:2-4 John 17:14-16
¤ There is no other God to promote division or hatred in their midst such as racism, higher academic degrees or materialism! Jeremiah 9:23,24 1Corinthians 12:13
¤ There is no preaching and teaching program as effective as that of the JWs! Matthew 10:3-15, 28:19:20
¤ There is NO law enforcement agencies ordering members around during any of their gatherings! A sign of what Paul listed at Galatians 5:22,23

Ok... I assume you have a good knowledge of other religious groups. Let me ask you specific questions about the them based on what you have listed.

On this point you have raised, take a good look at 2 religious groups. Catholics and seventh days Adventist. Do members of this group not feel like they belong to one happy global family?

Is there division or hatred among members of catholics and Seventh day Adventist?

Do members of this groups I mentioned above not have the same line of thoughts?

Do they have a preaching and teaching program that is effective? (you mentioned as effective as Jws, how do you measure the effectiveness of jw preaching and teaching programs?)

Having law enforcement agencies? Really? OK... When catholic meet for their mass or convention, do you observe law enforcement officers? Same with SDA?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
SUBSTANCE could only be noticed if you're debating or arguing in support of a specific renown group. In that case we can crosscheck the profile of such a group in comparison to what is required of true Christianity.
But obviously you're just like one of the 450 prophets of Baal who were standing together against Elijah because Elijah claims that the worship of the only true God must be identified with unique features!
Each of these 450 prophets had a shrine where he is serving as a priest while Elijah is claiming that whoever wants to worship the God of Israel[true God] must traveled all the way to Jerusalem's Temple.
So you're in the middle of nowhere, arguing for nothing! That's why i initially taught you wanted a unification of all Christian groups,but a close look at your write~up revealed that you have just one single enemy in mind 'any religious group that stands out as unique'. Therefore Tatime is right to have referred to you as a fugitive and i summed it up that you must be a miscreant or psychopath!

Normally, I would not respond to this. But check the bolder. Do you know the difference between the worship Jesus introduced and the one practiced on Judaism? See John 4:23
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
rottennaija:

Ok... I assume you have a good knowledge of other religious groups. Let me ask you specific questions about the them based on what you have listed.

On this point you have raised, take a good look at 2 religious groups. Catholics and seventh days Adventist. Do members of this group not feel like they belong to one happy global family?

Is there division or hatred among members of catholics and Seventh day Adventist?

Do they have a preaching and teaching program that is effective? (you mentioned as effective as Jws, how do you measure the effectiveness of jw preaching and teaching programs?)

Having law enforcement agencies? Really? OK... When catholic meet for their mass or convention, do you observe law enforcement officers? Same with SDA?
Thanks for this comparison Sir!
Now let's pick it one after the other.
Catholics are into politics and military services, and as a military officer we are to obey the last order from our superiors [ perhaps a top officer or a high ranking politician e.g president ], assuming the Pope is a Roman and a Catholic who happens to be a soldier is from England, and their is a conflict between the two countries leading to war.
Who will the Pope pray for to win the battle and will the English soldier spare the Pope who happens to be a Roman from the enemy country?
Because you quantify the fine qualities that permeates the organization of JWs with the hypocritical showoff in those religions, let's see the real practical application of a HAPPY GLOBAL FAMILY! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
Maximus69:
Thanks for this comparison Sir!
Now let's pick it one after the other.
Catholics are into politics and military services, and as a military officer we are to obey the last order from our superiors [ perhaps a top officer or a high ranking politician e.g president ], assuming the Pope is a Roman and a Catholic who happens to be a soldier is from England, and their is a conflict between the two countries leading to war.
Who will the Pope pray for to win the battle and will the English soldier spare the Pope who happens to be a Roman from the enemy country?
Because you quantify the fine qualities that permeates the organization of JWs with the hypocritical showoff in those religions, let's see the real practical application of a HAPPY GLOBAL FAMILY! wink

Actually, I expected you to prove your case within the framework of what you listed. And I addressed each of them based on your list. Let me quote below for you to take note. Check the list very well, you never include politics, military service.
rottennaija:

So please, stop shifting the post. In my experience, people do that when they cannot argue on proof their point. I believe you can, so we can simply focus on one topic after another.

(Additionally, speaking of military service, Cornelius was a serving military officer when Jesus converted, baptized and gave him his holy spirit. Daniel was a servant of God in the rule of Babylonia king. He was not only appointed into a political office, but also requested for a place for his 3 friends. The same was also true of the man mordecai. Nowhere in the Bible were they condemn or involvement in politics condemn. This was by the way and I do not wish it diverts our attention.

Speaking of politics, Watchtower is heavily involved politics, though hidden from members, but that's not the subject of today)

So, can we please focus on the point you listed? Prove them with facts. I am waiting
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2019
rottennaija:

Normally, I would not respond to this. But check the bolder. Do you know the difference between the worship Jesus introduced and the one practiced on Judaism? See John 4:23

Thanks for the gesture @rottennaija, Imagine him comparing me with one of the 450 baal worshippers. Had he taken his time to reflect and ponder when we had discussion based on JWS NOT carrying weapons with words of mouth as it RELATES to CARRYING weapons. He think sey na seresere.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2019
achorladey:

Thanks for the gesture @rottennaija, Imagine him comparing me with one of the 450 baal worshippers. Had he taken his time to reflect and ponder when we had discussion based on JWS NOT carrying weapons with words of mouth as it RELATES to CARRYING weapons. He think sey na seresere.

You are welcome. Jws will always be Jws. You were there and you understand how it feels, the constant feeling that you are among the God approved, chosen and directed. That other people amount to nothing. When I remember how it feels then and now, I cannot help but think of how pharisaic we were. Ignore him, his attitude is borne out of ignorance not contempt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Pictures "First Timers" In Church Can Relate To / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.