Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Can Someone Please Advise Me On What To Do - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can Someone Please Advise Me On What To Do (384 Views)

Advise Me Pls. I Want To Relocate To Bayeku Area Of Ikorodu, Is Bayeku Safe / About to renew land lease For Telecoms Mast:i Need Urgent Advise Pls. / 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Advise Me On What To Do by sisieko02: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
Good day nairalanders, hope we all doing great this afternoon. This matter am about to discuss, is stressing me out to so much and am confused and don’t know what to do. I bought a plot of land in otta, last year December 2018 I decided to go ahead with the foundation which was successful, I paid all money the so called omo onile’s demanded. I was made to know that I will pay the omo onile another money when I want to roof my house which I understand. I am based abroad, came back abroad in January, I decided to continue with my project in February 2019 by taking the project to lintel level. Already bought all materials on site to start work again on my site. To cut cost, I decided to use the sand from soakaway digging to fill the foundation so that the Bricklayers can start working. This is where the problem started. I was called and told some omo onile’s had a fight, shot one of them in the mouth and killed him 6 plots away from my site. Ever since the incident happened, every time my workers to go my site to work, before they even start working, some people around that area chase my workers away from my site, seize their tools. At first I thought it was the omo onile’s, and that maybe it’s becaue they wanted some money. I got in touch with some of these omo onile’s and was told it would stop and that my workers can Continue working, but then every time my workers go to site, they get chased away and keep taking their tools. Yesterday I asked my workers to go and work and that I had spoken to the omile boss and he assured me there won’t be any more problem. When workers got to the again yesterday, one of my workers called me and said they came again and chased them away and this time around, the Baale(Chief) of that town said I must not work on my site again. I was very angry because first of all, why would one baale tell me to stop working on my site? I feel he has no right to tell me that. Second of all, I don’t have any business with the killing of one of the omo onile because I was told the Baale of the town said until they have sorted the issue of killing out before anyone can start working on my site. Why would this so called Baale want to stop me from working on my site. I feel he has no right to tell me what to do and not do on my site. Now, my workers have all ran away and have all refused to go and work on my site because of this issue. I have been trying to call the man I bought the land from, his boys and so on. They keep tossing me around to themselves. I am currently not in Nigeria to even go there myself and see who has the audacity to tell me not to work on my site anymore. I already did the survey plan of this land and it came out okay. Please if you have an advise for me on what to do, please drop it as it is needed right now and would go a long way. If you’ve ever experienced this sort of nonsense, how did you solve it?
Re: Can Someone Please Advise Me On What To Do by phorget(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
Omo onile and soldiers won't ever be best of friends. Get in touch with a commander and he'll help your workers with just two soldiers on site.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Advise Me On What To Do by soulchuks: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
nice
sisieko02:
Good day nairalanders, hope we all doing great this afternoon. This matter am about to discuss, is stressing me out to so much and am confused and don’t know what to do. I bought a plot of land in otta, last year December 2018 I decided to go ahead with the foundation which was successful, I paid all money the so called omo onile’s demanded. I was made to know that I will pay the omo onile another money when I want to roof my house which I understand. I am based abroad, came back abroad in January, I decided to continue with my project in February 2019 by taking the project to lintel level. Already bought all materials on site to start work again on my site. To cut cost, I decided to use the sand from soakaway digging to fill the foundation so that the Bricklayers can start working. This is where the problem started. I was called and told some omo onile’s had a fight, shot one of them in the mouth and killed him 6 plots away from my site. Ever since the incident happened, every time my workers to go my site to work, before they even start working, some people around that area chase my workers away from my site, seize their tools. At first I thought it was the omo onile’s, and that maybe it’s becaue they wanted some money. I got in touch with some of these omo onile’s and was told it would stop and that my workers can Continue working, but then every time my workers go to site, they get chased away and keep taking their tools. Yesterday I asked my workers to go and work and that I had spoken to the omile boss and he assured me there won’t be any more problem. When workers got to the again yesterday, one of my workers called me and said they came again and chased them away and this time around, the Baale(Chief) of that town said I must not work on my site again. I was very angry because first of all, why would one baale tell me to stop working on my site? I feel he has no right to tell me that. Second of all, I don’t have any business with the killing of one of the omo onile because I was told the Baale of the town said until they have sorted the issue of killing out before anyone can start working on my site. Why would this so called Baale want to stop me from working on my site. I feel he has no right to tell me what to do and not do on my site. Now, my workers have all ran away and have all refused to go and work on my site because of this issue. I have been trying to call the man I bought the land from, his boys and so on. They keep tossing me around to themselves. I am currently not in Nigeria to even go there myself and see who has the audacity to tell me not to work on my site anymore. I already did the survey plan of this land and it came out okay. Please if you have an advise for me on what to do, please drop it as it is needed right now and would go a long way. If you’ve ever experienced this sort of nonsense, how did you solve it?
Re: Can Someone Please Advise Me On What To Do by twinskenny(m): 4:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
sisieko02:

get a law enforcement agent involve.. its alike a trick and they want u to pay money... this can be disheartening

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Advise Me On What To Do by sisieko02: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
twinskenny:

get a law enforcement agent involve.. its alike a trick and they want u to pay money... this can be disheartening
Thank you I really appreciate
Re: Can Someone Please Advise Me On What To Do by sisieko02: 7:03am On Apr 20, 2019
Thank God all has been sorted, am now at Lintel level of my project. I realised all what these omo onile thugs wants is just money over and over again. But if you give them what they want, they give you way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yes / Keep Your Precious Little Ones Safe: Child-proofing Your Furniture / Every Child Deserve To Be A Land Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.