Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Etx-ng Is A Major Scam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Etx-ng Is A Major Scam (7887 Views)

Stop OAU And Other Schools From Using ETX-NG Services! / Unnecessary Delays At OAU Transcript Office Via ETX-NG / ETX-NG For sending transcripts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by BusyBRAIN01: 4:03am On Apr 03, 2019
The worst thing to happen to the Nigerian graduate and the corporate world is this ETX-NG thing. I applied for my transcript in October 2018 and this is April 2019 and it has not been delivered even though they promised just 3 weeks. The worst thing about them is that they LIE and lack manners/respect for clients.
I have sent them over 25 emails now without reply. In early March 2019, (the last time they responded to my email) they LIED that my transcript had just been delivered that same day. When I got across to the receiving school , they told me they had not received it. When I provided this email to ETX-NG, they simply said they were ''investigating'' (I don't know if they are investigating themselves for lying). What I simply asked was for ETX-NG to provide the delivery address or any other details and till tomorrow they can't answer. Yesterday again, 3 weeks after ETX-NG LIED that my transcript had been delivered, I wrote to the receiving University and they once again told me they did not receive anything from ETX-NG. I remember when in Dec 2018 ETX-NG also LIED that they had applied and that my department was the one delaying my transcript only for me to follow up with my dept and found that ETX-NG had not even applied many weeks after I paid.

SIX MONTHS after I applied for transcript and paid, ETX-NG have no clue where they claim to have delivered my transcript to.

Whatever I say here, I have PROOFS and I will ensure this unholy alliance between ETX-NG and UNIBEN that frustrates alumni is brought to the fore. Among others, I lost my admission to Queen's University, Canada and application fee because of the wickedness of ETX-NG. Now, I am struggling to meet the deadline of the new university that offered me admission just because one guy is sitting somewhere getting paid to frustrate and stagnate other people's dreams and ambitions.

I am using this medium to call on the federal Ministry of Education, management of UNIBEN and alumni to stop ETX-NG before it is too late.

This is the beginning of a series of actions I am determined to take against ETX-NG to correct this wickedness. If you have my kind of experience with ETX-NG I am working on a petition to be rolled out soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by FA13(m): 7:41am On Apr 03, 2019
Hello,

I heard similar experience with them of which I created a thread on.

But to be on a safe side for you, better find way go Uniben urself or send someone to speak directly with the transcript office.

You might have to beg them and explain your ordeals to them so as to get the transcript directly and to avoid similar experience again

Regards.
Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by joedoc44: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
not here to make any case for Etx. They also delayed me for about 8 months or so. However, the truth is that its the school not ETX
Etx can't have ur transcript and not send it. I did a thorough investigation on this, so i am sure of what I'm saying
Etx has their own problems too with their lacklustre attitude, but a bulk the of it, is from the school
And in school like Uniben u have to enforce Servicom rule on them strictly, if u wish to get ur transcript on time
That's how I was able to get my transcript to the ETX desk after about 8months (took me just a week with servicom after I'd waited for 8months and its free) and it took less that 48hours for Etx to have it delivered

Etx actually mean well, Nigeria universities are frustrating their efforts
Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by dshiznitplata(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2019
I'm also having same challenge with them...Same Uniben..... Mine has been since October last year till now... How can they not have a customer care number??...How can they not reply to mails??...they claim to have a WhatsApp chat only number that doesn't go through... Any yet they want to be taken seriously....they better shut down....I'm in support of your petition...

1 Like

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 10, 2019
The problem is from your university not ETX.
Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by dshiznitplata(m): 10:35am On May 11, 2019
Even if it is from the university.... Are you telling me they don't have a customer care unit to respond to people? Give them updates? Explain situations and not make people feel they have been defrauded?
Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by JungleDoc: 4:58am On Sep 10, 2019
I ordered ETX's services in 2018. They took my money and submitted my application alright but then, they abandoned it there. We all know that if you want to get anything done in Nigeria, you must follow it up and literally push your docs from desk to desk by yourself which is why you would want to use a service like that of ETX. You would think they have the right connections and know their way around all the schools. Well, sorry to disappoint you, the folks at ETX are a bunch of wannabes. The bozos took my money for well over 1 year and they refused to respond to my requests. They must have the worst customer service in the whole world. I had to send a friend to OAU by myself since I couldn't just jump on the plane to OAU by myself. My friend did all the follow-up and made the people happy and my transcripts were made ready and shipped to the required destination. All this time, ETX was asleep. It was after I had my transcripts and everything was fine that I received an email from ETX saying my transcript has been dispatched. This was after 1 year and 8 months. How ridiculous! Use ETX at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by highlordmarcus(m): 11:16am On Dec 09, 2019
The problem is from your university not ETX.
ETX-NG na big problem. My friend they are a big part of the problem. Mtchew, their level of unseriousness and unptofessionalism cannot be described in words.
Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by highlordmarcus(m): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2019
Anybody that says ETX is not the problem, oya line up for your cane. People that has not felt the pain we have felt. Lost opportunities we have lost on fake promises. How can this nation move forward, when we can never do the basic things well.

To say ETX is not the problem is to insult the OP, that he is fool and a wool brained idiot who does not know what he is saying. For him to say that, he had an experience with them, he knows what he is saying. Don't just talk like you passed through what he passed through. ETX IS USELESS. Anybody that don't like that statement should go and hug Transformer.

3 Likes

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by OmoManU: 10:50am On Dec 10, 2020
Then why did WES Canada listed them as number one option then, chai I have entered one chance
Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by Zumex: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2021
I had a bad experience with that fraudulent and obscure company called ETX-NG that has made me part with my hard-earned over N40,000. The general public should just beware. That entity called ETX-NG is nothing but fraud. They advertise services they don't have the capacity to deliver to lure unsuspecting people to subscribe. After you make payment, you begin the tortuous journey of delays, non-performance, excuses, inaccessible customer services (that doesn't exist anyway). For me, they are well aware they lack the ability to deliver but they have perfected the tactics of collecting people's money with the intent of cashing in on "the worst scenario" with a dissatisfied customer calling for a refund - a partial refund, as they would have taken some cut off your money for services they never rendered. That is if you ever get the refund in the first place. This is nothing but fraud!!!

I applied for my school transcripts since September, 2020 and as we speak, ETX-NG is yet to deliver, in spite of the long expired delivery date they communicated to me. They made me loose two good scholarship/admission opportunities I do not want to go through the details of my ordeal with that fraudulent set of individuals behind that company. Two reasons I'm posting here is to warn the general public to be aware of the fraudulent company and avoid falling into the same trap as I and many other Nigerians did. Additionally, I am in the process of seeking all possible means to ensure this fraudulent act is stopped. Nigerians have had it too rough already in the past couple of years and adding to the pains of people my fraudulently collecting money from them and eventually messing up their educational and other plans should not be left unchecked.

Thank you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 05, 2021
I used their services in 2017, and what I can say is, hold your school.
Then, after I did etx online, I had to go to school transcript office and what I saw and heard there was WOW.
One transcript officer said, "I pity etx, this guy will disturb and curse their life not knowing etx has no powers on how school processes transcript,".

Go to your school and pull strings else, OYO. Etx will only send a request to ur school, if d school refuses to process the transcript, nothing etx will do. If ur transcript is processed, etx will have it delivered.

1 Like

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by PECng: 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
OAU’s Transcripts Problems: What the Alumni Body Should Do
One of the biggest problems alumni of any school in Nigeria currently face is trying to get their transcripts from their school they graduated from. If you are a graduate and you have not had to lose an advance admission, an opportunity to travel abroad or a delayed promotion at work because your employer is waiting for you to provide your transcripts, it most probably means you’ve not started using your education at the places where you should be using it. Because if you have, you would have been asked to provide your transcripts at some point, and your school would have shown you how problematic they are when it comes to issuing transcripts to people. And with all these I have said about the problems you would encounter to get your transcripts, I have not even slimmed it down to the levels of OAU, and trust me on this, when it comes to OAU, every normal problem becomes even stronger. Since OAU handed the transcripts processes to the private digital company called ETX, instead of the processes getting better and easier, it gets even worse day after day. Go on any social media platform and read about how OAU alumni lament about their sufferings on getting their transcripts, you wouldn’t believe OAU—one of the earliest universities in Nigeria, with the title “leading in ICT” attached to her name—would still be having such problems in this century where everything is swift, easier, and you don’t have to be present to make all these happen. READ MORE HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2021/01/oaus-transcripts-problems-what-alumni.html

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by DEGREE2466(m): 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
I applied for my transcript when I got my admission to do masters in Unilag around September 2018.

Up till today, I have not received my transcript. My only savior is that Unilag does not require transcript if you have your original degree certificate.

I was in Uniben to collect my original certificate and enquired about the transcript only to be referred to this ETX-NG portal.

Right now, I just assume my money paid to them to be a waste as it does not seem as though I am ever going to get that transcript

1 Like

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by Terose(f): 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
For Uniben, apply in uniben.edu site. Its easy and smooth forget the etxng stuff.

1 Like

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by Beejay1122: 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes they are scam

1 Like

Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by Chrisayfagram: 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
https://chng.it/yPkL5LGr
I’ve been duped by this same platform. Please let’s sign this petition for universities to stop using this platform.
Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by ETXTranscripts: 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
Why don't you try using the "ETX-NG Transcript Storage" option which allows you to request your official transcript from your school which ETX will then store for immediate delivery whenever needed.
Re: Etx-ng Is A Major Scam by jibie: 12:41am On Jan 06
Etx-ng, ohh the organization is more than scam..Whats the right word to use. I signed up and as some point, they emailed me back that I have not completed the process and a Customer service personnel will contact me. After some days I wrote to the organization that I'm yet to be contacted as stated in the email, but all the mo avail. I decided to work directly with My school to send my transcript to Wes..even when all these were going on Etx-ng was yet to respond to my email. After all the process with my school, I succeeded with Wes. Then I came back to Etx-ng for my refund since the transaction didn't work. Do you know these people were so quick to respond about 70% will be deducted from my payment, then I quoted their terms and conditions to prove me wrong and they never responded till date. I promised to drag these criminals to any length

(1) (Reply)

Dole Village In Kebbi State, Where A Gutter Divides Nigeria And The Niger / 15 Brutal Truths People Do Not Want To Hear / 10 of History's Most Cold-Blooded People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.