Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning (1893 Views)

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / The 5 versions of the Arabic Koran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by snowdrops(m): 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2010
The pastor of a small US church who wanted to burn copies of the Koran has cancelled his protest.

Terry Jones said he was calling off the Florida event after the group behind a planned mosque close to Ground Zero in New York agreed to relocate it.

Mr Jones had said the burning would be a stand against terrorism, but his plan was internationally condemned.

President Barack Obama had warned Mr Jones the event would be "a recruitment bonanza" for al-Qaeda.

BBC
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:00am On Sep 10, 2010
a yellow bellied pastor i must say! looking for cheap popularity. angry
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by IVORY2009(m): 12:07am On Sep 10, 2010
dont mind him,
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 10, 2010
His actions are childish and immature but the reaction of Muslims worldwide is to be expected.

To be honest if he had gone ahead, thousands of Christians in the North would be massacred.

So he was not well informed as to the repercussion of his actions.
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Sep 10, 2010
Pastor Terry Jones (R) speaks at a press conference with Imam Muhammad Musri
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100909/twl-pastor-calls-off-koran-burning-claim-3cd7efd.html

Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Beaf: 1:57am On Sep 10, 2010
The man is damn stu pid. Even if his actions werent going to cause irrational reactions, is it the proper thing for a so called "man of God" to go about deliberately offending people of other faiths?
People like him should be jailed, the man is fool that was simply after cheap publicity. Someone please dig up some reason to jail the damn fool.
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Oba234: 7:20am On Sep 10, 2010
^^^^^, sorry, but there is no reason to jail him. If he owns a Koran and he wants to burn it, why should he go to jail. The government of the United States protect his right. It's called freedom of expression, religion, speech, etc. I understand that what he did was wrong and he put thousands of life at stake, but what I don't understand is why do thousands of innocent civilian Christians all around the world have to live in fear because some people that are apart of the religion of peace are threatening innocent life because of what some crazy nut Job decides to do in florida.
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by ladygaga(f): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2010
wo, ko ni se iru e mo
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by philip0906(m): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2010
Oba234:

^^^^^, sorry, but there is no reason to jail him. If he owns a Koran and he wants to burn it, why should he go to jail. The government of the United States protect his right. It's called freedom of expression, religion, speech, etc. I understand that what he did was wrong and he put thousands of life at stake, but what I don't understand is why do thousands of innocent civilian Christians all around the world have to live in fear because some people that are apart of the religion of peace are threatening innocent life because of what some crazy nut Job decides to do in florida.
My broda d thing sef dey wonder me. . .Them dey even burn american flag,threaten troops and christians. . .But saudi arabia dey burn Bible,nobody dey talk anything
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Goddex: 11:35am On Sep 10, 2010
Muslims burn bibles routinely and often in Gaza, Iraq, Pakistan etc but Muslims leaders don’t talk. "Why do to others what would anger you if others do it to you?"

Now, the entire Christian body around the world has risen in unison to prevail on a pastor of a tiny church of less than 50 members not to provoke our Muslims brother by burning the Qur’an. It’s a big challenge to Muslims leaders all over the world to reciprocate by banning hate teachings in their domains. They can stop this violence perpetrated by their subjects if they are determined to.
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by mafioso2(m): 11:53am On Sep 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Pastor Terry Jones (R) speaks at a press conference with Imam Muhammad Musri
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100909/twl-pastor-calls-off-koran-burning-claim-3cd7efd.html

Hulk Hogan don turn Pastor? shocked shocked
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Firefire(m): 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
Jones had never invoked the mosque controversy as a reason for his planned protest. He cited his belief that the Quran is evil because it espouses something other than biblical truth and incites radical, violent behavior among Muslims.

But he said Thursday afternoon that he prayed about the decision and concluded that if the mosque was moved, it would be a sign from God to call off the Quran burning.

Jones' decision to call off the Quran burning was made after a firestorm of criticism from leaders around the world. The pope and several other Christian leaders were among those urging him to reconsider his plans, which generated a wave of anger among Muslims. In Afghanistan, hundreds of Afghans burned an American flag and chanted Death to the Christians to protest the planned Quran burning.

The pastor was not the only person to inject confusion into the debate over the New York mosque, which is planned to go up two blocks north of the trade center site

http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/u-s-pastor-reconsiders-cancelling-koran-burning-after-lied-to-by-n-y-imam-1.313111

I think why the Pastor want to burn the Quran is because of the ground Zero mosque controversies and his personal believe that the Qurans is evil because it espouses something other than biblical truth and incites radical, violent behavior among (RADICAL & SOME FANATICS/TERRORIST) Muslims.

In my own view. In as much as I belief the Pastor has liberty to do what he like. He should tread with caution becasue TERRORIST and SUCIDE mission will increase.

But Islam & follower of Mohamed should allow there Allah to fight and not always fight for themselve.

Shalom!
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Pukkah: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2010
So what will now happen to the tons of Quran he must have purchased for the cancelled exercise? smiley
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by dayokanu(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2010
Why dont the whole world go up in flames when bibles are burnt routinely in the Middle east?
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by snowdrops(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Why dont the whole world go up in flames when bibles are burnt routinely in the Middle east?
can you show us stories where bibles are burnt in the middle east. careful what you say and dont come here "yarning pus".

muslims believe in the bible and acknowledge it as a holy book. so they will never burn a bible.
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2010
Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html

Now tell us who is yarning pus here
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2010
I knew frm d onset that pastor only wanted a negotiating ground against d building of d islamic center on ground zero. He only used d quaran burning thing has a leverage.
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2010
A school report of the incident, obtained by The Australian, says it happened late at night and involved three students and another two watching.

"The main perpetrator (a Year 7 student) urinated on the Holy Bible, tore some pages from the Holy Book and burnt them then finally spat on the Holy Book," the report says.

The second boy, from Year 9, "tore pages from the Holy Book and burnt them", while a third student, from Year 7, "tore pages from the Holy Bible and then he rolled it up like a cigarette and pretended to smoke it".

The boys come from a variety of ethnic Muslim backgrounds -- one is believed to be an Albanian/Malaysian, another Lebanese and another Indonesian.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T13VRV6C9G9MT8KJ2
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2010
snowdrops:

can you show us stories where bibles are burnt in the middle east. careful what you say and dont come here "yarning pus".

muslims believe in the bible and acknowledge it as a holy book. so they will never burn a bible.

Seriously, when you do not have a clue, it is ok to admit it. All you have to do is GOOGLE! lol

no, seriously, use google. You don't even need to look far to find stories of Bibles being burnt on youtube, let alone news.
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^ I wonder why some people choose to show their ignorance on the web.

This is the internet where you can search anything. It didnt take me ten seconds to get two stories out of several where it showed Moslems burning bibles.

What of pictures of Western leaders burnt regularly? Flags? Death to Xtians?
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Goddex: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
snowdrops:

Snowdrop . . . which planet are you? Just Google "Muslims burn bible"
then reply me.
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by safariman(m): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2010
@dayokanu
I didn't read in that article from where "Imams were having Bible burning day"
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^^ Does it have to be Imams?

Moslems burnt bibles is the point. A pastor wants to burn Koran, What makes you think anyone cant be a pastor?

The point is that Moslems descerated bibles and the world did not go up in flames
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by safariman(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^^
I think when a "man of the cloth" is involved is quite different than an ordinary individual. If this man was not a pastor, I don't think the publicity will be that great
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2010
What man of cloth? The man has a congreagtion of 50. Just like me gathering my friends together and saying whatever.

That excuse doesnt cut it at all, A xtian man wants to burn the Koran, the whole world goes up in fury, Moslems actually burn the bible several times and no one cares
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by safariman(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2010
I don't disagree with your second paragraph, I still believe the man gained so much publicity because he "claim" to be Pastor. And I have not seen or read anywhere where an "Imam" was having a bible burning burn fire. I have had of all these useless fatwas
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2010
safariman:

I don't disagree with your second paragraph, I still believe the man gained so much publicity because he "claim" to be Pastor. And I have not seen or read anywhere where an "Imam" was having a bible burning burn fire. I have had of all these useless fatwas

Let us run with that for a while. Why didn't the "Pastor" who burnt bibles as unholy books, last Halloween, not get the same response from the media?
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2010
i'm mostly indifferent.

my fellow muslims should learn to laugh off crackpots rather than be annoyed by them. most of these 'fundamentalists' are hypocrites anyway - the smart thing to do is bide your time, catch them in compromising positions with hooker etal, then destroy their credibility

freedom of speech and all that

it should be noted though, that the man was looking to provoke a public reaction - its not a case of the guy burning the Quran in his backyard, or among his friends

you don't need to call a press conference or announce to the world that you want to burn an 'evil' book
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by safariman(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
quote:
"Let us run with that for a while. Why didn't the "Pastor" who burnt bibles as unholy books, last Halloween, not get the same response from the media?"

I think it was because that was a Christian to Christian thing, but when you throw in Muslem vs Christian, it fan the flame even more
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2010
safariman:

quote:
"Let us run with that for a while. Why didn't the "Pastor" who burnt bibles as unholy books, last Halloween, not get the same response from the media?"

I think it was because that was a Christian to Christian thing, but when you throw in Muslem vs Christian, it fan the flame even more

A Christian to Christian thing? lol
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2010
So sad that the media has made people that aint worth the second of a day to become an overnight celebrity
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by safariman(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2010
@Kobo
Versus a Jewish vs Moslem thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter Of Condolence To US Ambassador To Libya / Barka De Sallah To Everyone / The Treaty Of Hudaybiyyah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.