Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,038 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:54 AM

The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze (32762 Views)

AFCON 2019: Samuel Chukwueze Poses With His Man Of The Match Award / Caption This Photo Of Samuel Eto Before Kano And Katsina Results Arrive. / Life History Of Samuel Okwaraji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by robosky02(m): 8:05am On Apr 03, 2019
Motivated' Samuel Chukwueze wins award ahead of Osimhen and Onyekuru

In 2018 Samuel Chukwueze made his senior international debut for Nigeria and was promoted to the first team at Spanish side Villarreal
Samuel Chukwueze says he is motivated and inspired after winning the Nigeria Football Federation's 2018 Young Player of the year award.

The 19-year-old is enjoying a breakthrough season at Spanish side Villarreal by scoring in La Liga, Europa League and Spanish Cup.

His award also reflects that he made his senior international debut in 2018

"It serves as a motivation to keep working hard for more success," Chukwueze, who beat Victor Osimhen and Henry Onyekuru to the award, told BBC Sport.

"I'm very motivated and inspired by this, because it is unbelievable. Everything happening still seems like a dream.

"I have dreams of playing for my country in big tournaments and this shows that if I put more effort into my career, personal and team rewards will follow."

The year 2018 has been memorable for the teenager who only earned promotion to the Villarreal first-team in July and five months later - became the fourth youngest goal scorer in La Liga this season.

With Wolfsburg's Osimhen shining on loan in Belgium and Everton's Onyekuru in great form in Turkey, Chukwueze is thrilled to have been acclaimed as the best young player in Nigeria.

"This award is going to impact me positively to grow in the right pace so that I can keep having good performances," added Chukwueze, who was congratulated in a Tweet by his club Villarreal.

"I thank the staff and my teammates at Villarreal, not forgetting everyone in Spain and Nigeria who have given me a chance to grow and play football.

"My focus is to keep helping my club, continue to work hard to represent my country hopefully at the Nations Cup in Egypt and the Olympics."

An Under-17 World Cup winner with Nigeria in 2015, he has been likened to his hero and Bayern Munich's former Netherlands international winger Arjen Robben.

Chukwueze - who came close to joining Arsenal in 2016 - arrived at Villarreal from Nigeria's Diamond Academy in August 2017.

He joins a growing list of Nigeria's Uder-17 World Cup winners who have progressed to the senior national side.

Others are Francis Uzoho, Musa Muhamed, Kelechi Iheanacho, Isaac Success, Victor Osimhen, Dele Alampasu, while brothers Chidiebere and Kelechi Nwakali have also played for the Super Eagles B side.

Full list of winners at the NFF Awards:

Men's Player of the Year - Ahmed Musa
Women's Player of the Year - Onome Ebi
Team of the Year - Super Falcons
Goal of the Year - Ahmed Musa vs Iceland
Young Player of the Year (Male) -Samuel Chukwueze
Young Player of the Year (Female) - Anam Imo
Male team Coach of the Year - Gbenga Ogunbote
Female team Coach of the Year - Thomas Dennerby
Fans of the year - Kano Pillars FC fans
Fair Play Prize - Akwa United FC
NFF Development Award: Channels Television (Channels Kids' Cup)
Special Recognition: Super Eagles of 1994
Lifetime Achievement Award: Governor Akinwunmi Ambode
NFF Presidential Award: Chief M.K.O Abiola (of blessed memory)
NFF Order of Merit Award: Fatma Samoura

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47784841

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by robosky02(m): 8:13am On Apr 03, 2019
Chukwueze scores for Villarreal in 8 goals clash with Barca

Super Eagles forward Samuel Chukwueze scores for Villarreal in the 4-4 scored draw against Barcelona in La Liga action on Tuesday night at Estadio de la Ceramica.
Ernesto Valverde initially kept star players Lionel Messi and Ivan Rakitic on the bench, but was forced to bring them on late to help salvage the result.
Philippe Coutinho put Barcelona ahead in the 12th minute when Malcom served his fellow Brazilian for an easy tap-in. Four minutes later before Ligue 1 star doubled the lead on a header to the top corner off of Arturo Vidal's cross.

The Yellow Submarine quickly responded in the 23rd minute through Nigeria international Chukwueze after he followed up on his low strike that bounced off the post and scooted it past Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

Villarreal equalised on a stunning shot from the right flank from Ekambi that caught Ter Stegen out of position and found the corner of the net.
Despite Messi coming on for Coutinho in the 61st minute, the La Liga leaders were undone moments later when Vicente Iborra put Villarreal ahead with a fine finish from close range.

The home side made it four when when Carlos Bacca capitalised on a through-ball from Santi Cazorla to find himself one-on-one with Ter Stegen.
Messi pulled one back in the 90th minute when he pinged the post on a free-kick to give Barcelona their third goal. Luis Suarez then scored a last-gasp goal in injury time to secure a point for the Catalans.

http://www..com/-chukwueze-scores-for-villarreal-in-8-goals-clash-with-barca

4 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by robosky02(m): 8:24am On Apr 03, 2019
Samuel Chukwueze: My parents burnt my boots to stop me from playing football

Samuel Chukwueze, the Nigeria youngster who scored the fastest goal of the U-17 World Cup in 2015 against the host nation, Chile, just 25 seconds into the match says his parents burnt his boots to stop him from playing football.

Chukwueze, the left footed winger scored four goals in Chile to win the bronze boot alongside his captain, Kelechi Nwakali.

The winger who was 14 years old at the Portuguese youth Iber Cup tournament in 2013 scored 12 goals in five games which Nigeria won.

Chukwueze in this interview with TheCable said: “When I was growing up playing football, my parents used to seize my boots and even burn them. So, as to prevent me from going to play football.”

“Inspite of this, I never let it stop me from going for training. They saw me as being stubborn. They always try to stop me from going for training.

“My parents eventually gave their consent to me playing football in 2013 when we went to Portugal.

“They realised that I love playing football and that I will prefer it to something else. So, they gave their blessings and I became more focused on my football career.”

Chukwueze however realises it will be really tough to make the final selection for Coach Emmanuel Amuneke’s Flying Eagles team and he reveals:”I am working very hard to see that I make the final list in the U20 because it’s not going to be easy.”

He also said he never thought he will be a celebrated football player this early in his career.

“No, I never believed I could become a household name like this in Nigeria football. Everyone in the U-17 then worked together as a team. We did everything as a team. But my team mates brought the best out of me.”

“I was happy for my captain when he got the bronze boot instead of me. I had no bitterness in my heart because of that. I believed he deserved it.”

“When FIFA brought mine to Nigeria, I felt happy too.”

Chukwueze in reacting to his Arsenal move, he said: “The issue with Arsenal is not about disagreement on money but optional agreement with my academy is what’s holding back my signing with the club.”

“The optional agreement is that by the time I am 18 I must still go for another medicals and even if I sign any professional contract with Arsenal, and any other club must sign me £20 million before they will give my academy another money. That’s the problem.

“Nothing has been said about the contract and I am in the U-20 camp. I haven’t heard anything yet from them for now.

“My academy is already preparing another deal with FC Porto if Arsenal deal does not pull through. The footballer I admire and love watching while growing up is Arjen Robben. And I also love Kelechi Iheanacho because he is a talented player.”

Chukwueze concluded with encomiums for his coach Emmanuel Amuneke, regarding him as “a very good coach”.

“He does not play with his job. When it’s time for business, it’s all business. He is like a father to us all too.

“He is always telling us to work hard and be focus. He is always telling me to push hard so as to be at the top of my game. That working hard is the only key to success.

8 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by LuciferYaweh: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2019
robosky02:

The winger who was 14 years old at the Portuguese youth Iber Cup tournament in 2013.

[img]https://media1./images/2bda2927e4c095b4b6d6c9dbef80fb82/tenor.gif?itemid=9735454[/img]

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by robosky02(m): 9:49am On Apr 03, 2019

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by kiiingemmy(m): 11:44am On Apr 03, 2019
Cheapest Data Plan for Android, iOS and PC users in April 2019

See here ---->

https://afribaze.com.ng/forum/Technology/fbt/68352-cheapest-data-plan-for-android-ios-and-pc
Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by partnerbizz4: 11:44am On Apr 03, 2019
Still small boi naa

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Lionsbet: 11:44am On Apr 03, 2019
i just wan book this space down. but this chukwueze guy is damn good.

21 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Fhemy97: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2019
D guy is awesome cool

17 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by xarm(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2019
grin
Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by majamajic(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2019
Barca tried yesterday, they are the champion of Spain, Man Utd will teach them soccer. I can't wait

5 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by bentwood85(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2019
The AFONJA don't go international with their trade... All the body organ harvesting is done within their domain like OGUN, oyo, Indo, Lagos etc..
B1afrans why are u disgracing your people..

9 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by richidinho(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2019
wonder why amapakabo did not invite this dude to his Olympic team squad

no wonder he was beaten in the r
first leg
Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2019
No attention, no multiple threads... if its drugs or theft, the tribalist would plunge in here..

5 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2019
I watched him score against Barca yesterday,he is a talent

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2019
xarm:
grin

Igbo amaka.... if you see good, say good.

6 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by ionsman: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2019
I watched him for the first time yesterday against Barcelona and the only thing running through my mind was," Why isn't this guy playing regularly for the super eagles?".

Instead we decide to keep playing Ighalo that plays like a pregnant woman and Iheanacho who has forgotten how to play football since he started banging Onyii Alex.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by processinxx: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2019
Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by perousd: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2019
lolzzz... but that guy is good on the ball. he is just like I.K Uche.

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by affable4(m): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2019
Dude doesn’t play like a Nigerian. Very fast with the ball. Turns and dribbles. Shot is on point most of the time.

I pray he doesn’t loose it and start to feel he has arrived.

I wish him more success in the years ahead of him.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by sukerefakere(m): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2019
Don't play for Nigeria yet.. make una allow am develop well ooo
Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:51am On Apr 03, 2019
I'm a Barca fan but that boy made me proud yesterday. One goal one assist.

23 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by chicoMX(m): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2019
This guy participated in MOUAU premier league sometime last year, he's such a wonder to watch...

2 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Cityfirstborn(m): 11:53am On Apr 03, 2019
The boy is the real deal, if he can forget the little money his making and work hard enough, his name will be written in stars. there set wer the only nija team true about there real age. kudos to him, nwakali and others

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 03, 2019
Congrats our own neymar

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Kylekent59: 11:53am On Apr 03, 2019
Men!! that guy is a very skillful, energetic player.

He has speed, accuracy, dribbling speed, he is ebullient and he is also a great player.

I watched that match yesterday, I never knew Nigeria had such a great player.

11 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by BlackfireX: 11:56am On Apr 03, 2019
This guy will replace messi at Barcelona.

8 Likes

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by GentleSecret(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2019
t
Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by REDDEVILS1(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2019
My Brother My Brother Igbo Amaka Nna. No mind those ones wey enta Dubai to rob. Ndi Igbo na aba nbo. Anyi ede eje ori

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze by Michaelkings: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2019
Everywhere for life come the boring o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Underrated Footballers In Europe - TushMagazine / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 / Photos Of Emmanuel El_flex, Nigerian Contortionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.