Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Loan for a four storeyed building. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Loan for a four storeyed building. (3257 Views)

Quick Cash Loan For Business News Alert / How To Access Jumia Loan For Your Business Expansion / Loan For Rivers State Residents Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 10:40am On Apr 03, 2019
Good morning all,

I have been meaning to ask this question.

Is it possible to get a loan with which to build a house like a four storeyed building? Land is available.

Can any bank finance this?

Can any mortgage body or firm finance it?

Are there other ways one can actualise this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 10:41am On Apr 03, 2019
Ahiboilandgas
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 10:43am On Apr 03, 2019
Nl1960 zamirikpo
Gonfreecss1 your input is needed please.
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 10:44am On Apr 03, 2019
Grupo
Dipoolowoo
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 10:45am On Apr 03, 2019
Aremso come please
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2019
Unite4real barrytone freeman67 agbaletu

Please come sirs!
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by Grupo(m): 10:46am On Apr 03, 2019
partnerbizz4:
Gru po
Dipo olowoo

Let me sit down and watch. I also want to learn
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 10:47am On Apr 03, 2019
Vacanci
Comparedbest
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by NL1960: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2019
partnerbizz4:
Good morning all,

Is it possible to get a loan with which to build a house like four storeyed building? Land is available.

Cannot say if Nigeria banks give such loans. You will need to visit your bank to find out. Many banks have recently been advertising for consumer loans. Such loans are always tied to the person's salary account been domiciled in such banks.
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by nifemi25(m): 11:25am On Apr 03, 2019
Where is the location of the land and are you the rightful owner of land ? If yes. I have someone that can finance the project .
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 11:26am On Apr 03, 2019
nifemi25:
Where is the location of the land and are you the rightful owner of land ? If yes. I have someone that can finance the project .

Land is in Anambra. Someone close owns the land measuring 60 by 120 feet.

How does the person operate?

What could be the terms?
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 11:38am On Apr 03, 2019
NL1960:

Cannot say if Nigeria banks give such loans. You will need to visit your bank to find out. Many banks have recently been advertising for consumer loans. Such loans are always tied to the person's salary account been domiciled in such banks.

Those I asked are clueless. A different set said such services are only available if property is situate in Lagos or Abuja.

I just need to get firsthand info from gurus here

Namz

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Please I need your help to get wide readership. Here is my family. Use this as my birthday gift!
Abeg cool
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by freeman67: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
partnerbizz4:

Please come sirs!

I am here.. My knowledge of loan is limited. However, to contribute the little I can, I will say it is possible but you have to meet some very stringent conditions/very high interest with the commercial banks.

Where it could be easier a little is with mortgage banks. Then if you are a contributor to NHF and you are able to convince the Federal Mortgage Bank to you will get a very reduced interest rate and relaxed tenure to pay back.

1 Like

Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Lalasticlala please
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by TellMeTheTruth(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
partnerbizz4:
Good morning all,

Is it possible to get a loan with which to build a house like a four storeyed building? Land is available.

You can get a bank to finance it but there are conditions...

You must be ready to make some equity contribution to the building project.

The land must be in a commercially viable area

You must be ready to sell some of the apartments to pay off the loan, no bank will wait 20 years for you to pay them from annual rental collection
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2019
Dominique lalasticlala mynd44 please

There is a life threatening decision. That's why I am asking this question! Kindly help move to the front page so as to get more views please.
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 6:55am On Apr 08, 2019
partnerbizz4:

Please come sirs!

Hi
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by Pascopele: 12:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
Shift, lets learn together
Grupo:

Let me sit down and watch. I also want to learn
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by biztip: 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
@op. never u make mistake of building a house wit loan. u can never repay if ur intention is to pay from d rent. do u know DT even banks these days guard against people taking loans in order to finish their buildings, this is a mistake people make,some even use their biz money to build and after DT their biz will crumble. it will take u years to even realise d cost used in building it. a bank might consider u if d value of the land is far higher than d amount u wan borrow. finally finally na d land value matters, why not secure d land while u keep saving

2 Likes

Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 6:46am On Apr 11, 2019
biztip:
@op. never u make mistake of building a house wit loan. u can never repay if ur intention is to pay from d rent. do u know DT even banks these days guard against people taking loans in order to finish their buildings, this is a mistake people make,some even use their biz money to build and after DT their biz will crumble. it will take u years to even realise d cost used in building it. a bank might consider u if d value of the land is far higher than d amount u wan borrow. finally finally na d land value matters, why not secure d land while u keep saving

Still considering all these.

Thanks for stopping by.

Please I need more views
Lalasticlala mynd44 farano dominique

Mrknowitall
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 6:50am On Apr 11, 2019
TellMeTheTruth:

You can get a bank to finance it but there are conditions...

You must be ready to make some equity contribution to the building project.

The land must be in a commercially viable area

You must be ready to sell some of the apartments to pay off the loan, no bank will wait 20 years for you to pay them from annual rental collection

Few banks I have asked sound clueless.

Dominique mrknowitall lalasticlala
please I need more views. This is critical now and time is of essence. A decision needs to be taken asap.

Kindly move to FB please.
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by hardbody: 6:54am On Apr 11, 2019
partnerbizz4:

please I need more views. This is critical now and time is of essence. A decision needs to be taken asap.

Some property owners work with you to secure a mortgage. Ask around.
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by hardbody: 7:05am On Apr 11, 2019
partnerbizz4:

Those I asked are clueless. A different set said such services are only available if property is situate in Lagos or Abuja.

I just need to get firsthand info from gurus here

Namz

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Please I need your help to get wide readership. Here is my family. Use this as my birthday gift!
Abeg cool

It's policy of financial institutions to only approve properties in locations like Lagos abuja and ph. Even in those places, preference is given to prime locations. I doubt the bank will be willing to fund a housing credit though. Banks dwell more with rapid cash turnover, although if it's liability, they are happy to do the long haul, at least they will put your money to effective long term use.
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by Thomywah: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2019
Nifemi25 can you help ?
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by nifemi25(m): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2019
Thomywah:
Nifemi25 can you help ?

Thomywah with what exactly?
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by Thomywah: 10:20am On Apr 11, 2019
nifemi25:

Thomywah with what exactly?
You talked about providing loans
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by omoguess: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
What is the purpose of the building? Is is for running your business, or you are building it for renting purpose. If for rent, NO commercial bank will finance it. If its for your business, contact me...
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by partnerbizz4: 1:29am On Apr 12, 2019
omoguess:
What is the purpose of the building? Is is for running your business, or you are building it for renting purpose. If for rent, NO commercial bank will finance it. If its for your business, contact me...

Your contact please!
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by TellMeTheTruth(m): 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2019
partnerbizz4:

The banks are not clueless...they're just being careful.

You need to prove to them that the project will not fail and one way of doing this is by making a capital commitment so that you have something to loose in the event that all does not go according to plan.

Have you done a project of this magnitude before?

Giving out loans in Nigeria is very risky

1 Like

Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by Pascopele: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
This country is going to shit.

Have a Plan B

Get an international passport

Start planing for a second passport / residency

Set up a bank account abroad and start putting money outside / buy bitcoin

Be prepared for the worst.
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by mamatwiny(f): 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
There are ppl called developers . They operate mainly in Lagos . You sign documents with them and in the document, it has the amount or cost of the building and the no of years they will collect rent from the building before handing it over to you. The location of the land must be in a developed place with high demand for accommodation.

I have not heard of any developer that is in Anambra.

Banks will only give you legal mortgage if you have turnover and other sources of repayment. You must also have collateral with forced sale value of at least 150% coverage and the maximum duration I have seen for mortgage in a bank is 10 years. It was given to a customer that already had an established business and was expanding.
Re: Loan for a four storeyed building. by CaptainMitch: 10:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
angry
Pascopele:
This country is going to shit.

Have a Plan B

Get an international passport

Start planing for a second passport / residency

Set up a bank account abroad and start putting money outside / buy bitcoin

Be prepared for the worst.

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Data Bundle / VTU Business / Best Platform To Invest Your Money For Better Returns. / Explained: The Risks Associated With Investing In Cryptocurrency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.