Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Quran Burning Cancel - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quran Burning Cancel (9684 Views)

Did Pastor Kumuyi Cancel Aba Crusade Due To Nnamdi Kanu's Threat? / Coverless Lebanese Girls Burning #ISIS Flags… / Michael Jackson And Pope John Paul Ii Are Both Burning In Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quran Burning Cancel by bashydemy(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2010
I don't just get this what is so special in Building a mosque in Ground zero i believe it was just a site that anyone can build a place to worship if it were to be a Xtain will they say no? abd talking about the 911 you are accusing Islam i think you guys need to be enlighteen there are diffrent btwn terrorist and religion and there are fanatics in every religion xtain or muslim  but pointing accusing finger on Islam is not right and beside lots of people died in the attack Muslim, Xtains,Jew,hindus free thinker etc why is it only xtains that are fighting and pointing against one religion what about the rest religion do you know why they are not accusing Islam cos they know diffrent btwn terrorist attack and religious crisis
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by reindeer: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2010
bashy_demy:

I don't just get this what is so special in Building a mosque in Ground zero i believe it was just a site that anyone can build a place to worship if it were to be a Xtain will they say no? abd talking about the 911 you are accusing Islam i think you guys need to be enlighteen there are diffrent btwn terrorist and religion and there are fanatics in every religion xtain or muslim  but pointing accusing finger on Islam is not right and beside lots of people died in the attack Muslim, Xtains,Jew,hindus free thinker etc why is it only xtains that are fighting and pointing against one religion what about the rest religion do you know why they are not accusing Islam cos they know diffrent btwn terrorist attack and religious crisis

So if this is the case,why were many muslims rejoicing in the aftermath of 911?why dont we see muslims denouncing those who commit terrorist acts,why the culpable silence?
See, if your child goes out to commit crimes,despite people knowing he's big enough to decide for himself,it will still be your family name on the prison list!We are not pointing accusing fingers, its those who shout alahu-akbar when commiting those acts that lay claim to being muslims.Fanatics in christianity on the contrary are not condoned, they are denounced and implored to change their ways and you know what?they may just do that as in the index case here.Everyone including the US government was agaist him doing this.
Now let us imagine if a ''mad,extremist imam'' in iran or saudi arabia decideed to publicly burn the bible today, can you guess what the reactions will be from those countries and their religious rulers?face facts.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by bechex(m): 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2010
Really enjoying d logic behind GP15 post and the last one from reindeer.
I will just stay in my corner and read more responses,
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by dayokanu(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2010
bashy_demy:

I don't just get this what is so special in Building a mosque in Ground zero i believe it was just a site that anyone can build a place to worship if it were to be a Xtain will they say no? abd talking about the 911 you are accusing Islam i think you guys need to be enlighteen there are diffrent btwn terrorist and religion and there are fanatics in every religion xtain or muslim  but pointing accusing finger on Islam is not right and beside lots of people died in the attack Muslim, Xtains,Jew,hindus free thinker etc why is it only xtains that are fighting and pointing against one religion what about the rest religion do you know why they are not accusing Islam cos they know diffrent btwn terrorist attack and religious crisis

I dont get it either, Why do we have so much noise over a man wanting to burn a literature he purchased with his own money. If the ground zero Imam has the right to build anywhere, I believe the partor too should have a right to burn.

If the Ground zero Imam wasnt sensitive to other peoples feelings then why should the FL pastor be required to be sensitive?

Deny all you want, 100% of the attackers were Moslems, 85% of the victims are Xtians. Carried out in a country that has a majority Xtian population
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by sley4life(m): 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
i gez burnin d kor wil reduce terrorist attack
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2010
I am a christian but people I believe in respecting one's religion. But still I am against terrorism, The 9/11 claimed the life of my beloved uncle and his daughter my Niece can you feel my pain?
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by usbcable(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2010
Going through all the posts and reactions all I can see is that the level of divide and ''intolerance'' of each and one another from all camps is so great.
The Imam&his congregation had a motive,which I see as reasonable, for wanting to build the centre not on ground zero particularly(as misunderstood by many) but some blocks away.Unfortunately, as he also acknowledged the whole situation has been hijacked by fanatics from all sides of the divide.Even here on NL you see ppl bleeping hateful comments about each other.
Muhammad (s.a.w.) admonishes muslims not to destroy nor abuse religious symbols of other religions(not only xtianity but other religions) lest they do same to you.
I was at i'tikaf and a brother commented that even if the unreasonable'' jones burns the qur'an it dont diminish its status with muslims but its a show of disrespect to what someelse holds ''sacred''.And truth is anything held sacred is as important as life itself.
Even Imam Rauf noted that if they knew their motive would be soo misinterpreted and worst of all hijacked for ulterior motives by religious opportunists they might have reconsidered the location.

I am a muslim and ma'sha Allah I shall die as one. I believe if handled carefully the centre would foster greater understanding of what Islam and Muslims stand for and not what some fanatical zealot (including the media) makes most people think it is.

STOP THE HATE SPREAD THE MESSAGE.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by usbcable(m): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2010
BTW,
i had created a thread on this issue before now but it was expunged by the moderator. Clearly another show of intolerance and fear of what really is.
Later on NL and its mgt would claim a non-dictatorial tendency to some issues.
na wa oh. At least them finally put am on front page, which ought to have been what they should do. Kudos to you on that.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2010
What makes the Imam right to build a worship center at a location the populace kicked against yet wrong for the Fl pastor to want to burn a literature he bought with his own money.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2010
And what about this

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html?cat=9

Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

How come the whole world didnt go up in flames for this

A school report of the incident, obtained by The Australian, says it happened late at night and involved three students and another two watching.

"The main perpetrator (a Year 7 student) urinated on the Holy Bible, tore some pages from the Holy Book and burnt them then finally spat on the Holy Book," the report says.
The second boy, from Year 9, "tore pages from the Holy Book and burnt them", while a third student, from Year 7, "tore pages from the Holy Bible and then he rolled it up like a cigarette and pretended to smoke it".

The boys come from a variety of ethnic Muslim backgrounds -- one is believed to be an Albanian/Malaysian, another Lebanese and another Indonesian.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T13VRV6C9G9MT8KJ2
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by reindeer: 12:25am On Sep 14, 2010
usbcable:

Going through all the posts and reactions all I can see is that the level of divide and ''intolerance'' of each and one another from all camps is so great.
The Imam&his congregation had a motive,which I see as reasonable, for wanting to build the centre not on ground zero particularly(as misunderstood by many) but some blocks away.Unfortunately, as he also acknowledged the whole situation has been hijacked by fanatics from all sides of the divide.Even here on NL you see ppl bleeping hateful comments about each other.
Muhammad (s.a.w.) admonishes muslims not to destroy nor abuse religious symbols of other religions(not only xtianity but other religions) lest they do same to you.
I was at i'tikaf and a brother commented that even if the unreasonable'' jones burns the qur'an it dont diminish its status with muslims but its a show of disrespect to what someelse holds ''sacred''.And truth is anything held sacred is as important as life itself.
Even Imam Rauf noted that if they knew their motive would be soo misinterpreted and worst of all hijacked for ulterior motives by religious opportunists they might have reconsidered the location.

I am a muslim and ma'sha Allah I shall die as one. I believe if handled carefully the centre would foster greater understanding of what Islam and Muslims stand for and not what some fanatical zealot (including the media) makes most people think it is.

STOP THE HATE SPREAD THE MESSAGE.

hiya!
you sound reasonable.
My own prob is this, the imam wished he knew. . .
now he knows, isnt there anything he can do?like move it to another county?hmm?and still call it community center?even with a joint worship hall?
If indeed he is that sorry, it shouldnt be hard to sell it to trump!
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by 3kay945(m): 1:06am On Sep 14, 2010
why do they want to burn the holy book.? abi they want start war world III embarassed
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by jmaine: 1:12am On Sep 14, 2010
toba:

Burning suspended&not outrightly cancelled. If the islamic terrorists dont move there mosque from ground zero, we shall lift the suspension to burn the terrorism manual

What a manuel, grin grin
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by adeban01(m): 1:30am On Sep 14, 2010
@Golders,i read your comment and i feel sorry for you for your ignorance and senseless post if you are really true to all what you wrote.You are only lucky that God is a patient God cos if He is not you would have regretted to have even thought about posting something like that.The more reasons why Muslims wont behave like your christian pastor is because the muslims wont be sure about the version to be burnt.Will it be the old or the new testament,,king james version,revised standard version or the catholics douay version which has 6 additional books.For ignorant fools like you Quran has only one version and it is the last testament.Your day of reckoning is near
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by manny4life(m): 1:50am On Sep 14, 2010
adeban01:

@Golders,i read your comment and i feel sorry for you for your ignorance and senseless post if you are really true to all what you wrote.You are only lucky that God is a patient God cos if He is not you would have regretted to have even thought about posting something like that.The more reasons why Muslims wont behave like your christian pastor is because the muslims wont be sure about the version to be burnt.Will it be the old or the new testament,,king james version,revised standard version or the catholics douay version which has 6 additional books.For ignorant fools like you Quran has only one version and it is the last testament.Your day of reckoning is near

I have never insulted anyone on NL before but man your talking like you not thinking at all. The bible has several versions but the words are the same. The inspiration of the Bible is same, you talking like that because you haven't read the Bible else you would know that be it KJV, or whatever the version it is, it still the same.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by kabukabu(m): 3:19am On Sep 14, 2010
adeban01:

That was easily one of the dumbest posts in here today grin grin grin.you need lots of help.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by reindeer: 7:18am On Sep 14, 2010
adeban01:

This elk needs to grow a few cerebral hemispheres grin

maybe you should realise what the average allah worshipper is.
I'll give you a link and see reaction over what ''did not happen'' just maybe you'd see the penchant for violence that defines your faith in an extinct idea, check out this link (if you know how to grin),something happenes in the US and bozos are protesting against india, smart dudes grin

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/09/13/india.kashmir.violence/index.html?hpt=T2
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by sayso: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2010
put some guy burnt that novel during 9/11 remembrance day.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by anitabest(f): 8:34am On Sep 14, 2010
Abeg make una dey talk small small 4 we wey dey Kano abeg. but mmmmm support kwara ya oooooooooooo.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by otokx(m): 8:36am On Sep 14, 2010
muslims destroy the bibles in saudi arabia and other middle east countries so what are we talking about.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by esteelv: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2010
why is it dat wen anything is mentioned about islam,what comes to their minds is how to slaughter innocent christians?am sure if dat pastor had burnt d quran,all d nothern muslims would be slaughtering innocent christians by now.meanwhile,d bible and churches are burnt every now and then in muslim nations.

wen osama did wot he did,they hailed him and has made him their idol.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by rabzy: 10:26am On Sep 14, 2010
adeban01:

@Golders,i read your comment and i feel sorry for you for your ignorance and senseless post if you are really true to all what you wrote.You are only lucky that God is a patient God cos if He is not you would have regretted to have even thought about posting something like that.The more reasons why Muslims wont behave like your christian pastor is because the muslims wont be sure about the version to be burnt.Will it be the old or the new testament,,king james version,revised standard version or the catholics douay version which has 6 additional books.For ignorant fools like you Quran  has only one version and it is the last testament.Your day of reckoning is near

All the other versions have been destroyed by the caliphs and anybody who attempts a new version would have been murdered.

That pastor is definitely an idiot or didn't his mother tell him to 'let sleeping dogs lie', he is going to get us murdered up here in the north.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by HamidO1(m): 10:32am On Sep 14, 2010
GP15:

What an indictment of Islam and the Muslim world. One guy says he'll burn a couple of books and the world braces for widespread Muslim violence?

Rev. Jones may be a nutcase but he sure has highlighted the fact that Islam is the religion of barbaric savages.
if actions speak louder than words, then I have to say the Muslims actions of violence and intolerance speak much loader than their small speeches of peace and love.

No amount of burning of any holy book can change what is written in that book. The words are holy, not the book itself. If these books are holy, then smart phones and computers can now be considered holy because we read the Bible and the Quran on these devises.
I want to believe u weren't referring to d Quran wen u said a couple of books, Cos in islam we attach so much importance to the Quran, just trying to educate u cos u sound so ignorant.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by HamidO1(m): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2010
otokx:

muslims destroy the bibles in saudi arabia and other middle east countries so what are we talking about.
y not back up ur claims with some evidence, u don't just come here n say senseless things dat u heard from unreliable sources, A simple picture of some1 burning d bible will do
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by usbcable(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2010
true things are spirally fast beyond anticipation but lets see:
what is really the Issue,
the center / mosque in the center / the 9-11 bombers / Islam
IMO the main cause of tension is the 2001 incident i.e. the 9-11 bombings and not the others.
One thing people should realise is that muslims as well died in the september 11 incident.

and about trump buying the building, its not from the muslms the purchase should be made but from the owners of the estate.and they are not  ready to sell to him either.
even selling it to trump sends the signal of a ''money-centric'' company / transaction.

and moving the centre to another county(even state) wont change the perspective of those calling for its movement .
reindeer:

hiya!
you sound reasonable.
My own prob is this, the imam wished he knew. . .
now he knows, isnt there anything he can do?like move it to another county?hmm?and still call it community center?even with a joint worship hall?
If indeed he is that sorry, it shouldnt be hard to sell it to trump!
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by HamidO1(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2010
adeban01:

[size=15pt]TELL THEM BRO, people just come here n say tins they don't know.[/size]
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by HamidO1(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2010
rabzy:

All the other versions have been destroyed by the caliphs and anybody who attempts a new version would have been murdered.

That pastor is definitely an or didn't his mother tell him to 'let sleeping dogs lie', he is going to get us murdered up here in the north.

I'm sure 1 of the caliphs that destroyed d older versions is ur family member, maybe ur great-grandpa, U don't have an idea of what u r saying n i advice u do more research b4 posting anytin
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by ayusman16(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2010
The building of Mosque on ground zero can only be allowed on one condition that the Christians too are allowed to build a Church near Mecca.

How dare you want to build ur mosque mainly because they allow freedom of religion. Very soon they will start agitating for a Sharia government in the US. Na wao for una.

Why are you guys scared of the spread of christianity in your countries? Why not allow freedom of religion in Islamic countries and watch Christianity spread like wildfire.
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by HamidO1(m): 10:52am On Sep 14, 2010
ayusman16:

The building of Mosque on ground zero can only be allowed on one condition that the Christians too are allowed to build a Church near Mecca.

How dare you want to build your mosque mainly because they allow freedom of religion. Very soon they will start agitating for a Sharia government in the US. Na wao for una.

Why are you guys scared of the spread of christianity in your countries? Why not allow freedom of religion in Islamic countries and watch Christianity spread like wildfire.
Do u reason at all, Mecca is a city not a piece of land, BUILDING A CHURCH NEAR MECCA MEANS BUILDING IT OUTSIDE THE CITY, u need serious education man
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by ayusman16(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2010
@HAMID
Just like your Prophet Mohammed needs serious education abi? Boko Haram ass!
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by lekanbar(m): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2010
That man is very dumb to have tot of doing that, just sayin undecided

http://lekanbaruwa./
Re: Quran Burning Cancel by HamidO1(m): 11:06am On Sep 14, 2010
@ayusman16, u have a computer and can't do simple research,, does this picture answer ur question, try this link http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_E_church17.47ed7ca.html dats the education i'm talking about n u already insulting the noble Prophet who is died. It's a pity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Family Time With Lucifer: The Bible For Kids / Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.