Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts (7575 Views)

Top 10 Beneficiaries Of CBN’s N1.1 Trillion Anchor Borrowers Program / FEC Approves ₦75.78 Billion Contracts For FCT, Others / Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by chuka85(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
Infrastructure: Enugu govt. awards over N1.1 billion contracts

*Nsukka gets zonal secretariat

The Enugu State Executive Council (EXCO), in keeping with the commitment of the administration of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and Governor-elect to full implementation of the 2019 budget for the benefit of the people of the state, yesterday awarded contracts for infrastructural development worth over N1.1billion.

Briefing newsmen after the council’s meeting at the Government House, Enugu, the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Greg Nnaji, who was flanked by the Commissioners for Information and Gender Affairs and Social Development, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe and Princess Peace Nnaji, respectively, disclosed that the projects approved for immediate construction and reconstruction were “roads and public building”.

Engr. Nnaji stated that the council in a bid to enhance efficiency and productivity in the civil service and ease the suffering of people coming to Enugu for certain administrative engagements, approved the construction of phase one (block A) of zonal secretariat at Nsukka satellite town at the cost of N418, 649 , 187.13.

The works commissioner, who emphasized the need for the zonal secretariat, explained that the structure, which he described as a legacy project, has a ground floor and two suspended floors with 27 offices, well planned to effectively serve the purpose it was meant for.

On roads, Engr. Nnaji also disclosed that the state government awarded contracts for the reconstruction of Ogidi Street and Onyeama lane, Asata in Enugu metropolis to connect with Carter street, which is under construction by the present administration. Also approved for rehabilitations within Enugu city were the old UNTH-Bunker road, Ngenevu- old UNTH link road and the erosion control works at Okwuosa Street, Ogui New Layout.

It would be recalled that Gov. Ugwuanyi had recently embarked on a pre-contract inspection of the newly awarded projects, where he promised government’s immediate intervention.

Other road projects approved by the council, according to the works commissioner include, the construction of additional 2-kilometer at Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze Mamu Forest road in Oji River Local Government Area and additional works (River Crossing) on the construction of Nike Lake junction - Harmony Estate road – Amorji Nike - Adoration Pilgrimage centre (Phase one). Engr. Nnaji pointed out that 2-kilometer of the said road is presently under construction by the state government to serve as a veritable bypass from Nike Lake junction, Abakpa to Emene. He stressed that “the all important bypass” will decongest traffic in the aforementioned areas, reassuring the people of the state that the governor and his administration will continue to work hard for their wellbeing.

Also speaking, the Commissioner for Gender Affairs and Social Development, Princess Nnaji, who applauded Gov. Ugwuanyi’s magnanimity towards the downtrodden and vulnerable, stated that the governor through the EXCO approved the sum of N44,974,593.45 for the renovation and equipping of the state government’s rehabilitation centre in Emene.

Princess Nnaji added that the project comprises renovation of all male and female hostels, toilets, fencing of the centre and procurement of equipment such as computers for learning and tailoring machines to help them to be self-reliant after rehabilitation.

In his briefing, the Commissioner for Information, Mr. Anikwe said that the council gave 48 teachers who did not turn up during the verification exercise “one more chance to show up between now and end of the month to get verified with a condition that the person will among others offer reason (s) why he or she did not participate earlier”.
Truly, Enugu State is in the hands of God!

Source:https://gistdeal..com/2019/04/infrastructure-enugu-govt-awards-over.html?m=1

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by SLAP44: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
South East governors has been on the upswing since 2015, as if they are immune to the scattered economy of Nigeria

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by SLAP44: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
That's great

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
Enugu Amaka. Driving through Enugu town gives me joy.

There is one thing I will advise my Igbo brothers. Please build your houses in Enugu. I never knew I could make as much as you make in Lagos building a tenant house in Enugu until I did.

Again Enugu is much more secured than most cities in Nigeria.

What you are looking for in Sokoto is in your sokoto.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Onyekachi419(f): 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
That's good news I hope they will make use of all the money given to them

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by thinkdip(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
One day Nigerian Government might regret ditching the south east for north. They are building an empire while north is giving birth to future voters.

6 Likes

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by IQscanner: 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
Today is my birthday so free airtime for one lucky person 717461482236188
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by REDDEVILS1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
Only about 200-300 million will truely go to projects. The rest will find its way into private local and off shore accounts

3 Likes

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Stingman: 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Enugu Amaka. Driving through Enugu town gives me joy.

There is one thing I will advise my Igbo brothers. Please build your houses in Enugu. I never knew I could make as much as you make in Lagos building a tenant house in Enugu until I did.

What you are looking for in Sokoto is in your sokoto.

Bros, you are correct, many people are listening and are now building houses in Enugu...I know many who chose Enugu and other eastern towns than Lagos and Abuja...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Britishcoins(m): 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hmmm my humble state.... Although more are still to be done in terms of environmental cleanness
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by arabbunkum: 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
GburuMugu is working.
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Okeyjesus(m): 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
042, I AM NOT SEEING AGBANI TO NKEREFFI ROAD PROJECT ON THE LIST
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
grin that's the same amount going to jagaban of Lagos weekly
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by yrex01(m): 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
thinkdip:
One day Nigerian Government might regret ditching the south east for north. They are building an empire while north is giving birth to future voters.
have u been to just kano out of d state in d north ? Oga go seat down, nothing like empire for dat ur side
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Ikpongiton: 5:52pm On Apr 04, 2019
his counterpart in akwa ibom is known for uncompleted road projects and failed promises
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by EdiAbali: 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
Great
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by coolzeal(m): 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
My first real estate investment will be in Enugu and Nsukka. On the contrary, with the way people are minting houses everywhere in the East, hope say e go reach us.

1 Like

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by melodyogonna(m): 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Stingman:

Bros, you are correct, many people are listening and are now building houses in Enugu...I know many who chose Enugu and other eastern towns than Lagos and Abuja...
is this tinkers corner area?
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by melodyogonna(m): 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
This governor doesn't play with roads and posters!
Mr. Governor, please embark on a landmark project, Governor Shettima is building a solar farm and Governor Ambode is building bus terminals, Akwa ibom unveiled their airline just last month. we no go chop roads and posters Governor.

4 Likes

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Stingman: 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
melodyogonna:

is this tinkers corner area?

That is outer Uwani side...

Thinkers Corner is now for the big boys...see pic below of Thinkers Corner...well mapped out...Land there has gone up so fast from about N4M a few years ago, to N10m and above...today

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Stingman: 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
melodyogonna:
This governor doesn't play with roads and posters!
Mr. Governor, please embark on a landmark project, Governor Shettima is building a solar farm and Governor Ambode is building bus terminals, Akwa ibom unveiled their airline just last month. we no go chop roads and posters Governor.

Though Enugu has a small budget, I wish the governor could embark on a mega project like Dave Umahi of Ebonyi state. Dave has changed the landscape of Abakaliki forever...Same would not be said of Ugwuanyi...though he has done many small projects across the state, towns, and villages. He is more of a community man...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Ttipsy(f): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
No capital infrastructural project like flyovers, installation of traffic lights, Road expansion asf

so unfortunate

2 Likes

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
cool
Enugu 'ebeano'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Icon79(m): 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
Say it with me: Igbo amaka

O pari

SLAP44:
South East governors has been on the upswing since 2015, as if they are immune to the scattered economy of Nigeria
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Icon79(m): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
Bros, what about Emene ... airport side? Can somebody still find something reasonable around that area, like N5m or less

O pari

Stingman:

That is outer Uwani side...

Thinkers Corner is now for the big boys...see pic below of Thinkers Corner...well mapped out...Land there has gone up so fast from about N4M a few years ago, to N10m and above...today
Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Amuocha: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
What Ambode can not do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
Ttipsy:
No capital infrastructural project like flyovers, installation of traffic lights, Road expansion asf

so unfortunate

Have you been to Enugu metropolis?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by SLAP44: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
Icon79:
Bros, what about Emene ... airport side? Can somebody still find something reasonable around that area, like N5m or less

O pari

Behind air force school is 15 Milla now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by SLAP44: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
Ttipsy:

so unfortunate

Which is your state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts by Icon79(m): 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
Wow. You gotta be freaking kidding me!! I just don't know how they make money in Nigeria these days. It must be those criminal politicians and yahoo boys making life miserable for people.

I think I will just forget about buying any land in Nigeria for now. Thank God we still have a few plots of land back in the villa.

O pari

SLAP44:

Behind air force school is 15 Milla now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku: Nigerians Will Collapse APC, Same Way The Party Collapsed Nigeria / Ikeyman Viewin Benin Rep!! yoruba if serious should merge with igbos! its up 2 u / Black Man Makes Racist KKK Member Piss In His Pants.(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.