Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,475 members, 7,781,385 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:36 PM

Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. (940 Views)

Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage / I Will Pay 30,000 As Minimum Wage – Zamfara PDP Candidate / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
Like I said earlier, a cabal driven government cannot create wealth. Their only source if revenue is increased tax and borrowing.

For buhari to sign the 30k Nigerians have to pay dearly for it.

Only a private sector driven economy which Atiku/ Obi stood for can efficiently generate enough revenue to implement such.

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:
Like I said early, a cabal driven government cannot create wealth. Their only source if revenue is increased tax and borrowing.

Only a private sector driven economy which Atiku/ Obi stood for can efficiently generate enough revenue to implement such.

How does a private sector driven economy pay the wages of civil servants?

Let me guess....taxes?

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

Let me guess....taxes?

Yes. 1000 companies will comfortably pay 100 Tax than 100 paying 1000.

It's takes a business minded government to have 1000 companies. Unfortunately this administration is not creative.

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by SarkinYarki: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

Let me guess....taxes?

Not taxes per say buy from the economic growth that will come and the wealth that will come from outside our shores .. Buhari style like of taxation is like a small family with 500 naira total among them locking themselves indoor and contributing the little they have into a bowl , no matter how many times they contribute the total amount in the house will always be 500 naira till they open their doors and let more money come in

2 Likes

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

Yes. 1000 companies will comfortably pay 100 Tax than 100 paying 1000.

We've still come back to taxation.

You don't have the figures on the number of private businesses neither do you have the magnitude.

In fact, I can quote the CAC, and state that more private businesses have been incorporated than any other time in the history of Nigeria under this administration.

Stop selling fables and conjectures.

The reality is that any government that would undertake such wage increase would apply the same principle of taxation.

Egypt did the same just recently. [b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

You don't have the figures on the number of private businesses neither do you have the magnitude.

In fact, I can quote the CAC, and state that more private businesses have been incorporated than any other time in the history of Nigeria under this administration.

The reality is that any government that would undertake such wage increase would apply the same principle of taxation.

Even tinubu has cautioned the directionless government on increasing tax and you are here talking jargon.

The idea of this lazy government is to tax the already struggling businesses more than encourage startups.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Not taxes per say buy from the economic growth that will come and the wealth that will come from outside our shores .. Buhari style like of taxation is like a small family with 500 naira total among them locking themselves indoor and contributing the little they have into a bowl , no matter how many times they contribute the total amount in the house will always be 500 naira till they open their doors and let more money come in

Even if all the fortune 500 companies were to set up shop in Nigeria today, government would offset its expenditure by way of taxation.

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

Even tinubu has cautioned the directionless government on increasing tax and you are here talking jargon.

The idea of this lazy government is to tax the already struggling businesses more than encourage startups.

Why quote Tinubu who you despise with a passion?

Tinubu can say whatever he wants, it's his prerogative.

Nevertheless, his very own nominee for FIRS, the expert, recommends VAT increase from 5% to 7.5%.

It is a consumption tax, so don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

Why quote Tinubu who you despise with a passion?

Tinubu can say whatever he wants, it's his prerogative.

Nevertheless, his very own nominee for FIRS, the expert, recommends VAT increase from 5% to 10%.

It is a consumption tax, so don't get it twisted.

When your ready to discuss national issues based on reality and not sentiments you let me know.

Like I said Atiku government is private sector oriented. The IMF suggested that FG should get rid of subsidy which would have ended with the sale of NNPC and opening the oil and Gas industry to be fully private sector driven.

But a cabal driven government would not. They will rather increase tax without empowering the private sector.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mrvitalis(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

When your ready to discuss national issues based on reality and not sentiments you let me know.

Like I said Atiku government is private sector oriented. The IMF suggested that FG should get rid of subsidy which would have ended with the sale of NNPC and opening the oil and Gas industry to be fully private sector driven.

But a cabal driven government would not. They will rather increase tax without empowering the private sector.

Won't ending subsidy increase price of patrol ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

Won't ending subsidy increase price of patrol ?

Which is better increasing petrol for a while and attracting investment in the industry creating more jobs and having competition drive down price like telecoms,
Or keep paying more with more for fuel with more subsidy?

Were we not told Nigeria was no longer paying subsidy when fuel was increased to 145, only to discover few months to elections that we are paying more subsidy than ever before?

No investor wants to invest in a cabal driven economy. That's why our refineries could not attract a single investor in four years.

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

The sale of NNPC cannot be quicker than the commissioning of the Dangote refinery except of course it's true Atiku had already received upfront payment as suggested in certain quarters.

The Dangote refinery is what government (this one and the imaginary Atiku one) would wait for before putting an end to subsidy.

Give it up already, Atiku has no magic wand.

He's only known to dip his hand in the cookie jar to enrich himself.

There's a thread on a customs man like him from Colombia whose ' slay queen' daughter inadvertently revealed his crooked ways.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by Hedonisst: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:
Like I said earlier, a cabal driven government cannot create wealth. Their only source if revenue is increased tax and borrowing.

Mekaboy, your brain is working.

I've told people around me to brace up. This new minimum wage, plus the sheer evil mindedness of Buhari and his government, would mean that everything would be increased - VAT o, fuel prices o, everything. Just watch and see. The inflation rate would be mind boggling.

Thankfully for me, I don't bloody care because my sources of income don't rely on the bastard Buhari and his foolishness. But I have family members who do, so it would indirectly affect me if the looming hardship sets in. It would be worse than the depressive recession of 2016.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mrvitalis(m): 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

Which is better increasing petrol for a while and attracting investment in the industry creating more jobs and having competition drive down price like telecoms,

Were we not told Nigeria was no longer paying subsidy when fuel was increased to 145, only to discover few months to elections that we are paying more subsidy than ever before?

No investor wants to invest in a cabal driven economy. That's why our refineries could not attract a single investor in four years.

What that not what Jonathan did

The truth is every serious country must tax out 35% of its gdp to be able to grow we do only 7 ...so if u say dont tax then u don't mean well for us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

So value added tax on consumption is bad but wanton increase in petroleum products across board is God sent?

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

The sale of NNPC cannot be quicker than the commissioning of the Dangote refinery except of course it's true Atiku had already received upfront payment as suggested in certain quarters.

The Dangote refinery is what government (this one and the imaginary Atiku one) would wait for before putting an end to subsidy.

Give it up already, Atiku has no magic wand.

He's only known to dip his hand in the cookie jar to enrich himself.

There's a thread on a customs man like him from Colombia whose ' slay queen' daughter inadvertently revealed his crooked ways.

He has created more jobs from the cookie jar than buhari that deeped his during abacha till date.

Dangote is still cabal made, that is why there is only one dangote and majority of poor hungry northerners. Because he thrives on monopoly. There will be lots of other dabgotes in the oil industry as soon as the government steps aside.

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by Tyche(m): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

What are their working capital or contribution to the GDP?

Most poeple just took advantage of the reduced rate window for business registration
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

So value added tax on consumption is bad but wanton increase in petroleum products across board is God sent?

Yes, increase that will create jobs. A civil servant who has children to Carter for, you increase his salary to 30k and every other thing increases and his children are still unemployed. Or that he pays a little more for transport while the environment creates jobs for his children.

Majority of the cost in the so called subsidy is due to delay at the ports. If the customs was private sector driven or funded, there would be more efficiency.

In a very little time fuel will still sell for 145 or less without the subsidy.

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

He has created more jobs from the cookie jar than buhari that deeped his during abacha till date.

Dangote is still cabal made, that is why there is only one dangote and majority of poor hungry northerners. Because he thrives on monopoly. There will be lots of other dabgotes in the oil industry as soon as the government steps aside.

Dangote is cabal made from which government?

Let me guess ...Obasanjo/Atiku. grin

You guys just throw a lot of rubbish hoping something would stick.

I personally believe Dangote is an astute businessman and he's gone to many other nations to dominate. Perhaps that was the cabals at work too.

Anyway, Atiku's wish to be president is in the past.

VAT is consumption tax and not tax for businesses.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
Tyche:

What are their working capital or contribution to the GDP?

Most poeple just took advantage of the reduced rate window for business registration

Does anyone register business for fun?

People register their businesses to do business.

All businesses start somewhere.

Whether they are big or small, it is representative of enterprise.

It implies people are enterprising and business is being done.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

Dangote is cabal made from which government?

Let me guess ...Obasanjo/Atiku. grin

You guys just throw a lot of rubbish hoping something would stick.

I personally believe Dangote is an astute businessman and he's gone to many other nations to dominate. Perhaps that was the cabals at work too.

Anyway, Atiku's wish to be president is in the past.

VAT is consumption tax and not tax for businesses.

When you thrive on monopoly in Nigeria you become rich enough to influence government and compete with other African businesses. Tinubu who has been collecting revenue for Lagos state since he left office, how many people are richer than him? Can't he influence elections in other African countries?

It's time to open the Nigerian floor for everyone , unfortunately the cabal driven government will loose their influence.

Won't the increase in vat increase the price of items?
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

When you thrive on monopoly in Nigeria you become rich enough to influence government and compete with other African businesses. Tinubu who has been collecting revenue for Lagos state since he left office, how many people are richer than him? Can't he influence elections in other African countries?

It's time to open the Nigerian floor for everyone , unfortunately the cabal driven government will loose their influence.

You say it is a cabal that made Dangote.

Yet is well known that Dangote was a beneficiary of many waivers and monopoly under Atiku previously.

Can we not conclude that Atiku would run a cabal led government?
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

You say it is a cabal that made Dangote.

Yet is well known that Dangote was a beneficiary of many waivers and monopoly under Atiku previously.

Can we not conclude that Atiku would run a cabal led government?

Under Atiku as president I guess. Atiku left government and went into business. He will take steps to open the floor for the economy to be run by private sector which his is part of. Unlike buhari who has no business that depends totally on government.

All his decisions will be on the interest of government run by the cabal.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by GavelSlam: 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
mekaboy:

Under Atiku as president I guess. Atiku left government and went into business. He will take steps to open the floor for the economy to be run by private sector which his is part of. Unlike buhari who has no business that depends totally on government.

All his decisions will be on the interest of government run by the cabal.

Anyway, Atiku will never be president so referring to him has no use.

Just like referring to Bashiru Tofa.
grin
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
GavelSlam:

Anyway, Atiku will never be president so referring to him has no use.

Just like referring to Bashiru Tofa.
grin

Isn't it funny that both Tinubu and Elrufai believe in Atikus policies?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186622-nigeria-must-kill-nnpc-el-rufai.html

Yes Atiku might not be president, but Nigerians will still remain in bondage of directionless cabal driven government. If you have not noticed, crime is increasing at an alarming rate.

1 Like

Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by Afamed: 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
mekaboy:

Isn't it funny that both Tinubu and Elrufai believe in Atikus policies?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186622-nigeria-must-kill-nnpc-el-rufai.html

Yes Atiku might not be president, but Nigerians will still remain in bondage of directionless cabal driven government. If you have not noticed, crime is increasing at an alarming rate.
Now that the 30k minimum wage has been signed. You can clearly see your sense of reasoning has been beclouded with hatred.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by SilasNwude: 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
[s]
Afamed:

Now that the 30k minimum wage has been signed. You can clearly see your sense of reasoning has been beclouded with hatred.
[/s]
claptrap and stupid trash
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by debaj10: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
mekaboy:

a 'creative govt' will fail.
woefully.
leave buhari alone.
atiku/obi would still fail.
d problem is Nigerians.
Re: Only A Creative Government Can Pay 30,000 Min Wage. by mekaboy(m): 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
We are waiting.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Drops Amaechi / The Only Way To Resist Ruga Settlements Is.... / BREAKING: Angry Man Stabs Political Thug To Death (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.