Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa (71835 Views)

She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? / Anyone Staying Serbia Or Have Done Their Visa Process. / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by bclean: 7:59am On Oct 16, 2019
Good morning everyone
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by bclean: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2019
Good morning everyone
We are submitting our i-130&i-130a on Friday..but before that ,I don't want us to make any mistakes.

Please house what are the right document that we will need to attach to the form as a(beneficiary) and my wife also

Please I need your help everyone..
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by adeney93: 1:08am On Oct 18, 2019
ifunanyamaka:

Hi guys, I had my interview today and I was approved!!! Questions were as follows
Vo: good morning
Who's filling for you?
What does he do in the US?
How did you two meet?
What's the name of the friend who introduced you?
Where and how did this introduction take place?
When did you become involved romantically?
Who proposed and when did he propose?
How did your parents feel about the proposal?
Was he married before?
Does he have kids?
Do you have kids?
Does he have siblings?
Do you have siblings?
What kind of building does he stay in and who does he live with?
What kinda of car does he drive?
What state does he live in
How old is he?
How old are you?
So you have pictures of the both of you?
Ohk congratulations, you have been approved.
Then he gave me 3 white papers that contained instructions on how to pick up my passport, pay immigrant fees and rights as a spouse of a us citizen.
Then he said I wish you Good luck in the United States of America!!!!
It was a really smooth process, my appointment was for 6:30, I arrived 5:30, got through security and got into the building by 7:05am. Was only asked for original copy of police report, IP and PP. I was out of the building by 8:30am.
Thank God we made it!!!

Please for how long does the processing take?

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by vivydoll: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
LegitBachelor:
3 months? Wow, yours was fast! Awesome.

Please can you tell us the questions that were asked during the interview? Also concerning the interview scheduling, I'm told its the NVC together with the Embassy that schedules the interview, so does that mean that there's no need to create a portal with ustraveldocs? If so, how does one track his or her passport after the interview?

Please I'm new here. There are few questions I really want to ask concerning I130 form.
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by vivydoll: 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
vivydoll:

Please I'm new here. There are few questions I really want to ask concerning I130 form.

Please how do I go about the immunization records demands by the hospital where i was asked to do my medicals .

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by LegitBachelor: 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
vivydoll:

Please how do I go about the immunization records demands by the hospital where i was asked to do my medicals .
If you have any immunization records youve had in the past, go along with it. But if you don't have then Just go without them. The essense of the immunization records is to see if there's any injection that you can skip.

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by adeney93: 12:04am On Nov 01, 2019
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by joungblood(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
cookiejar99:
So i noticed that we have all kinds of threads but there is none for wives of permanent residents and id like to open this thread so that people going through the process can share their experience.
Id be getting married later this year and my fiance is a permanent resident, i heard it takes two years to get a visa.please anybody in the house with reliable information should please post it here...
Thanks guys

Please i need help, my gf is arriving soon, n we want to do the court wedding so she can file for spousal visa, but the issues I have now is
No 1..2018 I applied for tourist visa, n i stated I was married (I wasn't) so won't it affect me now, what should I do..

No. 2, how is the ikoyi registry process, cost and requirements..

Thanks
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Parkerlli: 8:08am On Nov 02, 2019
ifunanyamaka:

Good one dear. You're right with regards to all the information you have provided so far. However, the petition actually gets approved between 3 to 9 months depends on the state where your petition was filed. Mine got approved within 3 months. A friend also had his approved with 6 months cos he filed through New York. If you file through states that have less petition such as Texas, it's usually very fast. And since visa is always available for Immediate relatives, there's no waiting time allocated to their priority date.
good morning dear pls I need to know more about the travel process on cr1/ir1 visa I'm just tired and confused on what to do pls I need someone to guild me through from the first step to the last
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Parkerlli: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2019
ifunanyamaka:

Hi guys, I had my interview today and I was approved!!! Questions were as follows
Vo: good morning
Who's filling for you?
What does he do in the US?
How did you two meet?
What's the name of the friend who introduced you?
Where and how did this introduction take place?
When did you become involved romantically?
Who proposed and when did he propose?
How did your parents feel about the proposal?
Was he married before?
Does he have kids?
Do you have kids?
Does he have siblings?
Do you have siblings?
What kind of building does he stay in and who does he live with?
What kinda of car does he drive?
What state does he live in
How old is he?
How old are you?
So you have pictures of the both of you?
Ohk congratulations, you have been approved.
Then he gave me 3 white papers that contained instructions on how to pick up my passport, pay immigrant fees and rights as a spouse of a us citizen.
Then he said I wish you Good luck in the United States of America!!!!
It was a really smooth process, my appointment was for 6:30, I arrived 5:30, got through security and got into the building by 7:05am. Was only asked for original copy of police report, IP and PP. I was out of the building by 8:30am.
Thank God we made it!!!
@ ifunanyamaka. Pls I need to know more on how ur process went from the day you start till ends. My woman is planing to visit Nigeria and we get married. I want to know the steps to take for her to come to Nigeria and get married to me and then start filing for my coming I need help on steps. She is a citizen of USA based in Ohio USA
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Parkerlli: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2019
Parkerlli:
@ ifunanyamaka. Pls I need to know more on how ur process went from the day you start till ends. My woman is planing to visit Nigeria and we get married. I want to know the steps to take for her to come to Nigeria and get married to me and then start filing for my coming I need help on steps. She is a citizen of USA based in Ohio USA
quote author=cookiejar99 post=77266955]So i noticed that we have all kinds of threads but there is none for wives of permanent residents and id like to open this thread so that people going through the process can share their experience.
Id be getting married later this year and my fiance is a permanent resident, i heard it takes two years to get a visa.please anybody in the house with reliable information should please post it here...
Thanks guys[/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Parkerlli: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2019
YoungIncredible:
Finally, a thread I have been looking for.

Please when is the best time to process and apply for birth certificate at NPC?, while waiting for NOA2 or after receiving NOA2?.

Cc : Legitbachelor, ojay2053, every other persons.

Meanwhile, let me share my progress so far.

Wedded at ikoyi : June 7th,

Wifey sent application with $535 money order: June 20th,

NOA1 received. : July 4th

Wifey is a permanent resident and not USA citizen yet until may 2020 that she will be naturalized, I heard the process is longer compared to USA citizen's spouse petition. Please how true is this?, and what is our likely waiting period to get NOA2?,

how long will it take us to marry and get out documentation of marriage from ikoyi?
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Parkerlli: 11:19am On Nov 02, 2019
YoungIncredible:
Finally, a thread I have been looking for.

Please when is the best time to process and apply for birth certificate at NPC?, while waiting for NOA2 or after receiving NOA2?.

Cc : Legitbachelor, ojay2053, every other persons.

Meanwhile, let me share my progress so far.

Wedded at ikoyi : June 7th,

Wifey sent application with $535 money order: June 20th,

NOA1 received. : July 4th

Wifey is a permanent resident and not USA citizen yet until may 2020 that she will be naturalized, I heard the process is longer compared to USA citizen's spouse petition. Please how true is this?, and what is our likely waiting period to get NOA2?,

how long will it take us to get married at ikoyi and get our certificate?
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Parkerlli: 11:24am On Nov 02, 2019
Dear friend and family I'm Emmanuel. I have been in a relationship with my USA citizen for 1 year and 3 months now and we want to make our love dreams come to pass by getting married I want to know the steps to take for the process rite from the beginning to the last day. We don't know steps to take I need someone to help me through it till she arrive to Nigeria.
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by YoungIncredible: 11:39am On Nov 02, 2019
Parkerlli:
how long will it take us to get married at ikoyi and get our certificate?
You get your wedding certificate in the same day.
Infact, you will have it immediately the wedding officer pronounce you both as husband and wife..

You can register your marriage Atleast 2 months to your proposed date so as to get a slot on time because of the marriage crowds at ikoyi
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by YoungIncredible: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2019
Parkerlli:
Dear friend and family I'm Emmanuel. I have been in a relationship with my USA citizen for 1 year and 3 months now and we want to make our love dreams come to pass by getting married I want to know the steps to take for the process rite from the beginning to the last day. We don't know steps to take I need someone to help me through it till she arrive to Nigeria.

I understand your anxiety. I understand the joy of having the LOYL coming over, tieing nut, and you flying delta airline to join him/her as LPR.

Just calm down cos after the petition, you will still wait average of a year b4 Noa2 approval.

The first thing you need to do now is to visit ikoyi or contact anyone there to register your wedding and get a date fixed
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by ifunanyamaka: 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
adeney93:
Please guys... I would really appreciate a sincere answer to this question. Is it a necessity to do a court wedding at Ikoyi Registry for a SPOUSAL USA VISA APPLICATION?? Thank you

No it isn't. Get married at the marriage registry closest to your location or where you reside. I got married at Awka and my certificate was valid.

2 Likes

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by ifunanyamaka: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
Parkerlli:

It's a long process which I believe the basic steps have been discussed here severally. You can go to USCIS website for more detailed information.. basically you both get married, your wife then files a petition on your behalf, it gets sent to USCIS, when USCIS approves it, then it gets sent NVC, NVC will inform you on the documents you would need for an interview at the US consulate in Lagos, they will also collect those said documents from you and then schedule you for an interview with the consulate. You attend the consulate, if you are approved, you will be granted an Immigrants visa. Each of these stages have their own different waiting times but in total, the whole process can take between 9 months to 2years, depending on a whole lot of factors. But since your fiancée is a citizen, it won't pass 2 years if you guys follow the instructions explicitly and have your documents in order. I don't know about the ikoyi marriage process as I didn't get married there. I got married at my home town

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by ifunanyamaka: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
joungblood:

Please i need help, my gf is arriving soon, n we want to do the court wedding so she can file for spousal visa, but the issues I have now is
No 1..2018 I applied for tourist visa, n i stated I was married (I wasn't) so won't it affect me now, what should I do..

No. 2, how is the ikoyi registry process, cost and requirements..

Thanks

Did you have to state the name of your supposed spouse and date of marriage at the time? If yes then I'm not sure how to help cos I haven't been in that kind of situation, but if no then I suppose you can get away with it since you're getting married for real anyways. It can be explained that you did introduction or dowry ceremony at the time. You court marriage date will be used as your official date of marriage. I don't know about the Ikoyi process. I do not reside in Lagos and therefore I didn't get married there. Perhaps you can check online for more info on their own procedure

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by molybdenum0012: 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
Do you guys means one can have the wedding done at any registry other than Ikoyi registry?
I have heard people saying it is only Ikoyi registry that is recognized
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by seyimuyide(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
U can do ur wedding in any registry that's close to where u live, I get married to USA woman and I done my wedding registry in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by molybdenum0012: 7:07am On Nov 04, 2019
seyimuyide:
U can do ur wedding in any registry that's close to where u live, I get married to USA woman and I done my wedding registry in Ibadan

Not all registry is approved by the federal government. Learnt there are about 12 registries approved approved by the federal government nationwide.

So, it is safer one registers with the approved one to avoid stories that touch later.
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by didodidode: 7:34am On Nov 04, 2019
Please house , does it make sense to apply for America conference visa while I am stilling waiting for approval on our petition..

Note that the conference visa application is a group one from my work.

I will be looking forward for response thanks.
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by lasthero: 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
didodidode:
Please house , does it make sense to apply for America conference visa while I am stilling waiting for approval on our petition..

Note that the conference visa application is a group one from my work.

I will be looking forward for response thanks.

Yes. It is.
Just be truthful In your application that you are married and have a pending petition.
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by adeney93: 2:39am On Nov 05, 2019
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Amydove(f): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
Do not on your life submit fake divorce papers to the US embassy if you don't want to incurre a life ban. They verify marriage and divorce documents when it comes to spousal visas. It's no joke.
adeney93:
I have been denied B1/B2 Visa before where I used *MARRIED* as my Marriage Status but I was never Married, I just used the *MARRIED* status for the B1/B2 VISA purpose. Now, I am legally married to a US citizen and she wants to start filing for me in the next months to come. MY QUESTION IS, do I have to do a divorce letter for my former Married Status?

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by adeney93: 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
Amydove:
Do not on your life submit fake divorce papers to the US embassy if you don't want to incurre a life ban. They verify marriage and divorce documents when it comes to spousal visas. It's no joke.

What can you advise me to do?
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by ifunanyamaka: 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
molybdenum0012:

Not all registry is approved by the federal government. Learnt there are about 12 registries approved approved by the federal government nationwide.

So, it is safer one registers with the approved one to avoid stories that touch later.

Every state has a marriage registry, get married at the one closest to you. I got married at my local government marriage registry, the certificate is the same as the one issued by the federal government registries too. I used it for my immigration process, it was never contested or considered invalid, I am with my husband in the US today.

3 Likes

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Amydove(f): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Federal government published New registries on Friday 1st November that are permitted to issue court marriage certificate. Please read about it.
ifunanyamaka:

Every state has a marriage registry, get married at the one closest to you. I got married at my local government marriage registry, the certificate is the same as the one issued by the federal government registries too. I used it for my immigration process, it was never contested or considered invalid, I am with my husband in the US today.

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by joungblood(m): 1:12am On Nov 06, 2019
N..
ifunanyamaka:

Did you have to state the name of your supposed spouse and date of marriage at the time? If yes then I'm not sure how to help cos I haven't been in that kind of situation, but if no then I suppose you can get away with it since you're getting married for real anyways. It can be explained that you did introduction or dowry ceremony at the time. You court marriage date will be used as your official date of marriage. I don't know about the Ikoyi process. I do not reside in Lagos and therefore I didn't get married there. Perhaps you can check online for more info on their own procedure
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Amydove(f): 4:54am On Nov 06, 2019
My dear. Go and get a customary court divorce certificate from a customary court. If you think you will go that day and say what you just wrote here and they will give you a visa, it means you are dreaming. I'm married to a us citizen too and my case is waiting for NOA2. I'm in so many groups for CR1 and K1 and I have read alot. You will be wasting your money if you don't produce that divorce certificate because they will ask you to get it. It is even on their website for Nigeria section that when a bride price is paid, a customary court can dissolve the marriage, meaning they want a divorce certificate for that. And please my dear, submit this divorce certificate with your original K1 or CR1 petition because if you don't, they will stress the living daylight out of you that you will give up and want to abandon the whole process. Least I forget, please make sure you do not submit a fake divorce certificate to them because they verify. When I mean verify, they send delegates to the court where you procured your divorce certificate when they sense something fishy and that will result to a life ban. I hope you take my advice.
joungblood:
Thanks man... But we've decided to go for the fiance visa because it's faster,i figured I'll just say I wasn't married n I was with my ex then, whom I paid her dowry but she left, n we didn't marry, something like that..

3 Likes

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by davido05: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2019
Good evening house. I got my petition approved last month and am so happy . Please can anyone help me with information on what next to do and how soon can I do my medical and also to prepare for the interview? How many months do I have to wait to do my medical? Thanks house

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Lagos Guy Flaunts his N3million Emirates First Class airline seat (photos) / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.