Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth (47445 Views)

Maazị Ogbonnaya Okoro Responses To Ooni Of Ife About the Igbo Race / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Psoul(m): 10:19am On Apr 05, 2019
prince3009:

When I watched that shameless snail-mouthed woman calling those names of the Igbo robbers and referring to the drug woman as "a Nigerian", I knew that they were all yorubas and shame would not allow her mention their names. These people are shameless tribalists

Please kindly furnish me with links of this great open letter bro

My brother, those tribalists are terrible.
They hate the Igbos so much and at the same time will not want them to leave.

See the link:
https://therepublicannews.net/2019/04/03/robbery-in-uae-memo-to-mrs-abike-dabiri-erewa-peter-ekekwe-rn/

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by AyakaDunukofia: 10:28am On Apr 05, 2019
bigbabyboy:

The Ooni is not talking about Igbos from Eastern Nigeria, he is talking about Igbos(Ugbos) in present day Ondo state that were the aboriginal inhabitants of Ife and they came from the Obatala(Obatasa, Obatakuntakun) lineage. They left Ife and settled around Okeigbo(Ondo)from whence they launched attacks on Ife after Oduduwa became King in Ife. After the Moremi debacle they migrated to present day Ugbo land in Ondo state. Their Paramount King is the Olugbo of Ugbo land, Oba Akinnruntan Obateru( Obat Oil, richest king in Africa). They are the Igbos(Ugbo) of Yoruba land, not the Igbos across the Niger river. They are also known as Ilajes these days. Ask any Ilaje man, they know their history. That is why Ilajes(Igbos, Ugbos) do not venerate Moremi like Ife does. They see her as a traitor.

The Ooni has only used the occasion to warn people like you to stop distorting the facts of history, and that the "truth must be told"

Prof. Famakinwa restated same in 2001. You cannot challenge the authority of Ojaja l. The monarch was talking about the Igbo, a distinct people from the invading Yoruba and who now inhabits parts of the current South South and South East Nigeria.

Ugbo is Yoruba and that is not what he talked about. However, Igbo of today have no expansionist intentions so stop the paranoia. It is nothing but ancient history.

[img] http://omoyorubadfw.org/the-story-of-moremi/ [/img]

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by potent5(m): 10:39am On Apr 05, 2019
Sakamaje:
So it is the jews that are Igbo, and not the other way round? Interesting historical spin.. This man seems to cook up his own history.

Not necessarily. Just that this man seems to have a penchant for cooking up stuff. Igbo commercial renown is a relatively recent phenomenon. Before Nigeria came to be/precolonial period there was nothing like an 'Igbo race' as we have come to know it today. Igbo clans weren't as enterprising as Igbos of today are known for. Yoruba history doesn't have records of early contact between them and Igbos the way it did with Hausa-Fulani, Benin, Mali, and the likes. So where did he get his tales from? Obviously it's fabricated.

It is your prerogative to choose to believe the Ooni if it fits the narrative that suits you. But you see, you can't impose that on me or any other person that can see through his fib. Ooni once said that Benin is Yoruba territory, that Adam and Eve were created in Ife, and now he says Jews are Igbo descendants. You can choose to believe all of that but some of us aren't so stupid. undecided
Please, Sir. Tell us why Moremi is widely celebrated by the Yoruba race today.

You cannot narrate the yoruba survival without Moremi and her heroics in delivering the Yorubas from the hands of the all conquering and rampaging Igbo warriors.

This was several centuries before the white man came to Africa for trade and colonialism.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by LazyGold(m): 10:50am On Apr 05, 2019
potent5:

You cannot narrate the yoruba survival without Moremi and her heroics in delivering the Yorubas from the hands of the all conquering and rampaging Igbo warriors.

This was several centuries before the white man came to Africa for trade and colonialism.

Ugbo is different from Igbo and stop mixing things up.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Revolva(m): 11:07am On Apr 05, 2019
If you say jew originates from igbos I believe that because I know white skin people came from blacks not igbos originates from.jews

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Sakamaje: 11:17am On Apr 05, 2019
potent5:

Oga, go and get yourself better educated. Moremi story had nothing to do with present day Igbos but rather the Ugbos (whom are presently in Southern Ondo, Oba Akinruntan, the Olugbo of ugbo, rules over them today). They are well acquainted with their own history from their forebears. The spelling was corrupted to read 'Igbo' instead of ugbo. That fact had long been settled way before the current Ooni was even born. This Ooni is a very uninformed ignoramus who just jam talks anyhow like a mumu. I wonder why it is this Ooni that is having to 'reveal' this so-called history to Igbo people now. What were Igbo historians doing all this while? Bottom line is that this is a fabricated history that has no basis in fact. Apparently the Ooni is trying too hard to establish an Ife-Igbo link (which even Igbos themselves never heard nothing about from their forebears until the Ooni himself started propagating it).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by pluto123: 11:22am On Apr 05, 2019
Ejimagifty:

Smartness like going to Dubai for robbery. They are indeed smart criminals
do You Think Mumus Can Travel To Dubai,let Alone Having The Courage,idea,and Intelligent To Rob A Banks??
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by zomby(m): 11:39am On Apr 05, 2019
prince3009:

Can I ask you a question?

Are you wiser than the Oni of Ife?

What do you think?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by BackToLife: 11:50am On Apr 05, 2019
bigbabyboy:

The Ooni is not talking about Igbos from Eastern Nigeria, he is talking about Igbos(Ugbos) in present day Ondo state that were the aboriginal inhabitants of Ife and they came from the Obatala(Obatasa, Obatakuntakun) lineage. They left Ife and settled around Okeigbo(Ondo)from whence they launched attacks on Ife after Oduduwa became King in Ife. After the Moremi debacle they migrated to present day Ugbo land in Ondo state. Their Paramount King is the Olugbo of Ugbo land, Oba Akinnruntan Obateru( Obat Oil, richest king in Africa). They are the Igbos(Ugbo) of Yoruba land, not the Igbos across the Niger river. They are also known as Ilajes these days. Ask any Ilaje man, they know their history. That is why Ilajes(Igbos, Ugbos) do not venerate Moremi like Ife does. They see her as a traitor.

Very true, close to how my Grandpa told me the History. But the only thing you got wrong is that Fruit does not fall far from the Tree. It's unfortunate that we didn't learn how to read and write before the White collonial masters came to deceive, enslave and sore generational seed of hatered among Black brotherly tribes. Southern Nigeria has real History, if only our leaders would stop hiding the Truth for their selfish interest. If we are both so geaographically close and notice that the far Fulanis does not display the intelligence and humanity progressiveness that Yorubas and Igbos have, we are indeed related. Yorubas are more educated and spiritually advance, Igbos are more commerce advance. Somthing you got wrong is that there was war between the 2 sons of Olugbo of Ugbo Land on whom to succed their father as king after he died. It ended in the younger Ugbo leaving with his supporters and migrating very far away from his brother to establish another Kingdom that has now expanded to be know as Igbo Land in Eastern part of Nigeria. In our Ugbo language, we call fowl Okiko, while Igbos call it Okuko. Ugbo, kee be we re= Igbo, Kee kii be= where are you going? I can't speak Igbo like my Grandpa did, but these are from many examples he gave me. Some myopic senseless hate-finished Souls would still deny this Truth that would have set out future Free. Southern Nigeria would greatly become liberated and develop very fast if these 2 intelligent Southern Brothers can unite to break up from Nigeria, and then split to form their 2 Great Individual Countries; this is the only way out of direction less stagnated cursed Nigeria. Igbos can never do it alone, and Yorubas can not too. Unfortunately Fulani Juju and bewitchment has captured the Igbos to always hate on their Yoruba brothers so that South would be permanently enslaved by Fulani's.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by esanmantruth: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2019
This Oba has educated me more today. Wvery time I always say in Christianity that Igbo are the Jews of this country, because they are the one building the church in finance and all while mostly Yoruba are the one looting the church account or staying close to the alter to monitor finance and they will never contribute to the church purse to grow, especially when the church belong to a fellow Yoruba man. Igbo whether they are harberlist they still pay tithes to the church while Yoruba harberlist will come and beg for the money to eat without contribution. What I understand and learnt here is that, the trace of Igbo system of life is connected to Jews people. But am trying to learn more, does that mean Yoruba are trace down to the Egyptians? Pls I need help each tribe has root Igbo’s own is clear to me
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Rolly22(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
Igbo wu igbo ndi oma nwem. Igbo Amaka nu oh
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by bigbabyboy: 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:

The Ooni haa only used the occasion to warn people like you to stop distorting the facts of history, and that the "trurh must be told"

Prof. Famakinwa restated same in 2001. You cannot challenge the authority of Ojaja l. It is Igbo, a distinct people from the invading Yoruba and who now inhabits parts of the current South South and South East Nigeria.

Ugbo is Yoruba and that is not what he talked about. However, Igbo of today have no expansionist intentions so stop the paranoia. It is nothing but ancient history.

[img] http://omoyorubadfw.org/the-story-of-moremi/ [/img]

I am not distorting the truth my friend, you are, either deliberately or ignorantly. I read the article in the link you provided and instead of proving your point, it further serves to prove mine.

I think I understand where the confusion is from. Let me try and enlighten you and others who might be confused as well. The word 'IGBO' Inthis context is a YORUBA WORD. It refers to the UGBO PEOPLE(ILAJES). So, what is the Nexus between IGBO AND UGBO? I think the answer is some sort of inflexion in Yoruba language. The Yoruba language is such a Unique language. It has various dialects and if I am not mistaken, it should be the language with most recognisable dialects in the whole of Africa and perhaps the world over. Now, let's have a little Yoruba class. Consider the following words:

Ule or Uli(depending on the dialectical group)
Usu
Ugbo
Uwa
Uja
Ugo
Ura
Udi
Ubo
Uyo just to name a few.

Now, in Yoruba, all these dialectical words and their types suffers an inflexion when used in the general Yoruba language or as a sort of stylistic variance and usage in the common tonque hence:

ULE OR ULI becomes ILE( HOUSE, HOMESTEAD OR ABODE) e.g ME LO'ULI becomes MO N LO S'ILE. Note how ULI becomes ILE.

USU becomes ISU(YAM) E.g Ma'a j'usu becomes Mo fe he isu.

In like manner

Ugbo(Bush/Weed carries the RE-MI sound)becomes Igbo and that is quite different from UGBO(Igbo carries the DO-DO sound).

Uwa becomes Iwa(Character, behaviour).

Uja becomes Ija(Fight)

Ugo becomes Igo(Bottle)

Ura becomes Ira(Marsh)

Udi becomes Idi( Buttocks)

Ubo becomes Ibo( Worship, Buttocks)

Uyo becomes Iyo(Common salt, Joy- remember Teni's "Uyo meyo which loosely translates to I rejoice"?

Go into history deeply, you will find that the Igbos of eastern Nigeria did not invade the Yoruba empire of pre colonial times neither did the imperial army of the Yoruba empire ventured that much into the eastern part of Nigeria.
The following link also provides an insight into the Moremi story. https://punchng.com/ugbo-people-dont-marry-ladies-fair-complexion-oba-olugbo-ugbo/amp/
It is an interview of the Olugbo of Ugboland over the connection of Ilajes and Ife. You can also go through this articles https://guardian.ng/issue/ugbo-ilajes-place-in-yoruba-history-by-oba-akinruntan/amp/ https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/olugbo-unveils-other-side-of-moremi/amp/
Igbos of Eastern Nigeria have no connection whatsoever with Ife. There are other readings to rid your mind of historical ignorance.If you feel otherwise, kindly provide the proof between Igbos of eastern Nigeria and IFE. You can also read the History of the Yorubas by Samuel Johnson, it is a fascinating read.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Bloombaby(f): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
Tell them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by bigbabyboy: 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
BackToLife:

Very true, close to how my Grandpa told me the History. But the only thing you got wrong is that Fruit does not fall far from the Tree. It's unfortunate that we didn't learn how to read and write before the White collonial masters came to deceive, enslave and sore generational seed of hatered among Black brotherly tribes. Southern Nigeria has real History, if only our leaders would stop hiding the Truth for their selfish interest. If we are both so geaographically close and notice that the far Fulanis does not display the intelligence and humanity progressiveness that Yorubas and Igbos have, we are indeed related. Yorubas are more educated and spiritually advance, Igbos are more commerce advance. Somthing you got wrong is that there was war between the 2 sons of Olugbo of Ugbo Land on whom to succed their father as king after he died. It ended in the younger Ugbo leaving with his supporters and migrating very far away from his brother to establish another Kingdom that has now expanded to be know as Igbo Land in Eastern part of Nigeria. In our Ugbo language, we call fowl Okiko, while Igbos call it Okuko. Ugbo, kee be we re= Igbo, Kee kii be= where are you going? I can't speak Igbo like my Grandpa did, but these are from many examples he gave me. Some myopic senseless hate-finished Souls would still deny this Truth that would have set out future Free. Southern Nigeria would greatly become liberated and develop very fast if these 2 intelligent Southern Brothers can unite to break up from Nigeria, and then split to form their 2 Great Individual Countries; this is the only way out of direction less stagnated cursed Nigeria. Igbos can never do it alone, and Yorubas can not too. Unfortunately Fulani Juju and bewitchment has captured the Igbos to always hate on their Yoruba brothers so that South would be permanently enslaved by Fulani's. For now, till they come to their right senses, I'll heavily curse any Igbo that curses Yorubas and multiply kill Igbos that try to kill my people.

I have heard of that possibility but ruled it out haven found no Nexus between the two civilizations. There is a similarity between Oyo, Ife, Owo and Bini arts but none whatsoever with Igbo-ukwu art. Also, there is nothing in Yoruba history and divinity that suggests a kinship with Igbos of eastern Nigeria but there is talk of links with Itshekiris, Nupes, Looks, Sabes and other tribes as far as Togo in West Africa. Even links have been established with tribes in the Carribbean, South America and Cuba yet, nothing concrete with the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria. Why is that? Like you pointed out, Yorubas are sophisticated and spiritual. They would have taken aspects of their language, culture and religion with them as noted with Yorubas that were taken during the slave trade era. I do not believe such exists with the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by 989900: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2019
Most blacks are of the Bantu race.

Everyone came out from Africa.

Watch the video "the genetic Adam'.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
Neoteny:

None of those men is Jewish
Obviously I'm being sarcastic
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by BackToLife: 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
bigbabyboy:

I have heard of that possibility but ruled it out haven found no Nexus between the two civilizations. There is a similarity between Oyo, Ife, Owo and Bini arts but none whatsoever with Igbo-ukwu art. Also, there is nothing in Yoruba history and divinity that suggests a kinship with Igbos of eastern Nigeria but there is talk of links with Itshekiris, Nupes, Looks, Sabes and other tribes as far as Togo in West Africa. Even links have been established with tribes in the Carribbean, South America and Cuba yet, nothing concrete with the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria. Why is that? Like you pointed out, Yorubas are sophisticated and spiritual. They would have taken aspects of their language, culture and religion with them as noted with Yorubas that were taken during the slave trade era. I do not believe such exists with the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria.

My brother, I categorically explained the History as being told by my Grandpa. Did you read where I mentioned that there that fierce battle between the 2 brothers? Even though there are still very many obvious links that confirmed the blood relationship, but if I go by your ascertion, the one that went to found the current Earstern Igbo land could have felt so offended and bitter that he would obliterate whatever that would show links. Even at that, his effort was not really successful because there are many similarities that white researchers delebrately ignored, they document and teach only would make you useful indirect slaves. Till date people most hardly heard or know about Holodomor Ukrainian genocide because the truth was twisted, minimized and silenced. If they did that to near-whites neighbors, you think they would tell you the True Key to your ruling the World?! The key to the make Black Americans and Blacks all over the World proud of their being black is in brotherliness of Igbo and Yorubas because they are the first direct defendants of the first Man and Women, the Universe did it that way. White men are very evil and they know what they were doing from the beginning. They knew that the only way to enslave us and maintain strangle hold on Black African Destiny is to keep Yoruba and Igbo divide. It's not a mistake that the World says Nigeria is the largest concentration of Black Africans. In USA Yoruba Professors are lecturing in almost every University today. The Africans that are shaking the World for good or bad are either Yoruba or Igbo, how many times have you heard HausaFulani invented something good out there? Elite Spiritism and Divination was common among our Colonia Masters, they saw that re-Unity of Igbo and Yoruba would rule the World. They must have foresaw by their witchcraft and psychology that the day true brotherly Love return between the 2, Black African would rule the World; guaranteed! That is the bitter Truth. Their archeologists and etymologists intentionally work against that. In fact, the archeplogists must have rather destroyed any uniting artifacts that would bring Prophesy to reality, they reavel only what would serve their own interest. History, Quran and Bible were mostly about black people before the white started emerging like the Abinos and starting their own bigger family. Nature always give us evidence to liberate we blacks from mental slavery. The Whites and Arabs know this Truth, that's why they both have hands in ensuring the burning of our true Hieroglyphically confirmed History that was saved in the first World library in Egypt. They then re-wrote and gave us only enough knowledge for indirect slavery. Out of demonic envy of African past of prophesied glorious future, Julius Caesar set fire on the Library during his civil war in 48 BC; followed by the attack of Aurelian in AD 270 – 275; followed by the decree of Coptic Pope Theophilus of Alexandria in 391 AD; and the Arabs finally destroy the remaining during conquest of Egypt in AD 642.
Our major problem is that we believe and rely on the devilish White people more than our CREATOR. It's not a Mistake that the great Awolowo started first TV Station, first Skyscappers and first many amazing things that had never been done before in any other black African Country. You and I know that Yoruba and Igbos have a kind of uncommon intelligence in common, and it's due to common ancestry that the Whites tried to obliterate.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by BackToLife: 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
989900:
Most blacks are of the Bantu race.

Everyone came out from Africa.

Watch the video "the genetic Adam'.
You are very right, Adam was Black and Jesus (Olugbala) was blackman too. That's why they took turns to burn down the first World Liberary that displayed the true History and evidences in Egypt. Jews are Igbos, Igbos are Yorubas, Yorubas are Adams descendant Children.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Prosperchuks1344(m): 12:54am On Apr 06, 2019
Igbo's didn't come from Jews, Jews came from the Igbo's

I have heard this statement so many times even from non Nigerians, it might be true, who knows,..

And Igbo's is the only tribe on earth that doesn't know where they came from, Igbo's might be the first ppl on earth, just saying.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by EagleNest(m): 3:25am On Apr 06, 2019
tsmat:

I can't disagree with you on this sir....but Yoruba have a saying that he who will give you cloth, its the one he is wearing that you look at first... let them develop the Eastern states first then they will be taken serious... Yoruba are not the enemy of the Igbo's intact despite all the rumour and chant on nairaland we still cohabit fine and do business together every time.

Of course there is no perfect tribe or ethnic group. Each has its uniqueness, strengths and weaknesses. Being a forced union and not a mutually agreed marriage, we are meant to make it work by all means, for the good of all and our posterity rather than quarrelling bitterly and dissipating useful energy on frivolous. This is common among black nations.

Let Nigerians, regardless of tribe, language or religion, walk and work together to get this nation moving in right direction. We've wasted so much time hating than loving; destroying rather than building; suspicious rather than trusting. But in all, we all need each other to stand as a Nation.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 06, 2019
BackToLife:

My brother, I categorically explained the History as being told by my Grandpa. Did you read where I mentioned that there that fierce battle between the 2 brothers? Even though there are still very many obvious links that confirmed the blood relationship, but if I go by your ascertion, the one that went to found the current Earstern Igbo land could have felt so offended and bitter that he would obliterate whatever that would show links. Even at that, his effort was not really successful because there are many similarities that white researchers delebrately ignored, they document and teach only would make you useful indirect slaves. Till date people most hardly heard or know about Holodomor Ukrainian genocide because the truth was twisted, minimized and silenced. If they did that to near-whites neighbors, you think they would tell you the True Key to your ruling the World?! The key to the make Black Americans and Blacks all over the World proud of their being black is in brotherliness of Igbo and Yorubas because they are the first direct defendants of the first Man and Women, the Universe did it that way. White men are very evil and they know what they were doing from the beginning. They knew that the only way to enslave us and maintain strangle hold on Black African Destiny is to keep Yoruba and Igbo divide. It's not a mistake that the World says Nigeria is the largest concentration of Black Africans. In USA Yoruba Professors are lecturing in almost every University today. The Africans that are shaking the World for good or bad are either Yoruba or Igbo, how many times have you heard HausaFulani invented something good out there? Elite Spiritism and Divination was common among our Colonia Masters, they saw that re-Unity of Igbo and Yoruba would rule the World. They must have foresaw by their witchcraft and psychology that the day true brotherly Love return between the 2, Black African would rule the World; guaranteed! That is the bitter Truth. Their archeologists and etymologists intentionally work against that. In fact, the archeplogists must have rather destroyed any uniting artifacts that would bring Prophesy to reality, they reavel only what would serve their own interest. History, Quran and Bible were mostly about black people before the white started emerging like the Abinos and starting their own bigger family. Nature always give us evidence to liberate we blacks from mental slavery. The Whites and Arabs know this Truth, that's why they both have hands in ensuring the burning of our true Hieroglyphically confirmed History that was saved in the first World library in Egypt. They then re-wrote and gave us only enough knowledge for indirect slavery. Out of demonic envy of African past of prophesied glorious future, Julius Caesar set fire on the Library during his civil war in 48 BC; followed by the attack of Aurelian in AD 270 – 275; followed by the decree of Coptic Pope Theophilus of Alexandria in 391 AD; and the Arabs finally destroy the remaining during conquest of Egypt in AD 642.
Our major problem is that we believe and rely on the devilish White people more than our CREATOR. It's not a Mistake that the great Awolowo started first TV Station, first Skyscappers and first many amazing things that had never been done before in any other black African Country. You and I know that Yoruba and Igbos have a kind of uncommon intelligence in common, and it's due to common ancestry that the Whites tried to obliterate.
Shut the f*uck up with your useless cock and bull propaganda.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:
which of these two afonjas is sango? So i know who to beat cheesy

Flat headed Igbo criminal, go back to your wasteland.

Biafra must go.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by RuggedSniper: 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sakamaje:
So it is the jews that are Igbo, and not the other way round? Interesting historical spin.. This man seems to cook up his own history.

Not necessarily. Just that this man seems to have a penchant for cooking up stuff. Igbo commercial renown is a relatively recent phenomenon. Before Nigeria came to be/precolonial period there was nothing like an 'Igbo race' as we have come to know it today. Igbo clans weren't as enterprising as Igbos of today are known for. Yoruba history doesn't have records of early contact between them and Igbos the way it did with Hausa-Fulani, Benin, Mali, and the likes. So where did he get his tales from? Obviously it's fabricated.

It is your prerogative to choose to believe the Ooni if it fits the narrative that suits you. But you see, you can't impose that on me or any other person that can see through his fib. Ooni once said that Benin is Yoruba territory, that Adam and Eve were created in Ife, and now he says Jews are Igbo descendants. You can choose to believe all of that but some of us aren't so stupid. undecided
WORD! Though a successful accountant and international businessman... The Ooni has an embarassing defiency in history. He once mixed up U.S. historical events in the Punch in 2017. There is nothing like Ibo race or Yoruba race... It is ethnicity not race that is the correct term to use.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by RuggedSniper: 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2020
clefstone:
my exact thoughts. Truth be told, the Igbos might have been one of the most uncivilized people in the precolonial times. The reason for my assertion is that it is evident that the Igbos were hardly exposed to other cultures before the coming of the white man(just as u hv pointed out). There is no way the Igbos could have created massive wealth in ancient times if they were not travelled. The Jews on the other hand, were all over the Mediterranean more than 3000years ago and had contact with the earliest civilization; Egypt. The Abohs who were and are still mistaken as Igbos today are the only historically massive wealth creators close to the Igbos but their history is not more than 600yrs ago. The Abohs however are clearly of Benin ancestry with a mixture of aboriginal Igbos and people from other tribes as far as Igala.

I know history pass this Ooni
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Shaneroberts: 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2023
obembet:
Igbo Amaka, let gather here and take selfie

Pretender,tribalistic fo.ol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos / Vulture ‘Delivers’ Letter To Akwa Ibom Monarch To Quit Throne / Who Is Superior Between Alaafin Of Oyo And The Ooni Of Ife???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.