Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (3808 Views)

Mods Unu Emegbuzina Umuigbo ...inukwa (igbo Development Thread) / Ohanaeze Berates Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB For Placing N1m Bounty On Igbo Governors / Nzuko Umuigbo Warns South East PDP Over Peter Obi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2019
We need to sit down amongst each other and discuss ways to curb this menace. It has always been there as an issue but I think this year it has hit an alarming crescendo. This is one of the reasons I hate Ohanaeze Ndigbo with a fiery passion! You will never see them tackle important issues like this affecting the people. they are so disgustingly partisan and are all self seeking. Tueh!

Personally. I don't believe crime is the alternative no matter how dire the situation of the country is. There are Igbo sons and daughters outside the shores of this country doing well in their respective countries of residence, why don't they help this boys get settled properly, I think it's most unfortunate to go to a place with a working system in place to carry out criminal activities, it is so shameful and reckless.

Why not tap into the working system in those countries abroad to get yourself set up properly. Those of us who are abroad legally and have the wherewithal should be able to assist the ones coming in. Now this brings me to ask: who are the people sponsoring this boys to come abroad and do crime? Who are these people? Fully understanding how things work amongst our people I can guess there are some people sponsoring this thing. Look at the UAE armed robbery incidence too. Something is terribly wrong.
They ought to stop destroying the future of our people by luring our youths into crime. If only things can be put in place, actual measures taken, perhaps we can get some respite on this issue, but who will do something about this kwanu? Who? It's a pity.

Daalu nu.

Lalasticlala
Re: . by Harrymig1(m): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2019
You have spoken well. It's truly inherent in Igbos wether educated or not to want to succeed, I believe this is an energy being channeled wrongly by some that is why people go into drug trafficking. Something has to be done.

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2019
Harrymig1:
You have spoken well. It's truly inherent in Igbos wether educated or not to want to succeed, I believe this is an energy being channeled wrongly by some that is why people go into drug trafficking. Something has to be done.

Something has to be done!

Things like this is what we have the Ohanaeze for but alas! They're all so useless to the people! Tufia!
Re: . by Generalnomercy: 9:15am On Apr 05, 2019
iSlayer2:

Things like this is what we have the Ohanaeze for but alas! They're all so useless to the people! Tufia!

Are you an Igbo?
Re: . by DawatNama(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2019
grin grin grin grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by DawatNama(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2019
grin grin grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by DawatNama(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by wirinet(m): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2019
iSlayer2:

Thank you my brother. A problem acknowledged is a problem half solved. Most of your fellow tribesmen behaves like the ostrich and hide their heads in the sands. They even fail to acknowledge that drug trafficking by their youths is having a negative impact on the image of their society, their tribe and the nation in general.
Funny enough, the igbos entered the drug trafficking business quite late (in the mid 80s), it used to be the exclusive preserve of the Yorubas in the 70s and early 80s. But now, 6 out of 10 nigerian traffickers caught are of igbo names (almost 90% in Asian countries )

8 Likes

Re: . by RichBoy247: 9:27am On Apr 05, 2019
This is the first step towards progress. Accepting that there is a problem. Then, analysing the problem. Not shouting that other ethnic groups also do the same, so leave our brothers alone.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2019
Generalnomercy:

Are you an Igbo?

Ofuma na.

Heyyyyyy nekwam o. Okwa ezigbo nwanne unu n'ekwu. DawatNama uche gi dikwia o. Tuhalia ifenine ideju n'enu ebaa.

DawatNama nkea bu mgbolu abuo m na kpo gi.

Generalmomercy I am. Proudly so too. Is it because I just stroll by these days?! Hmmmm.
Re: . by SenatorBright(m): 9:33am On Apr 05, 2019
I love your write up op. The time has come to call igbos who are at home and abroad to find a lasting solution to drug trafficking that has tanished the name and integrity of the Igbo nation.

I'm not Igbo but i love igbos so much especially my friend Black Bishop in our Room 43, Abraka Hall. The guy was so brilliant when ever he analyed business. I respect him for that.

Back to the topic. The Igbos in Lagos have shown that with little capital , you can make a great empire. Drug traffickers need proper orientation, reorietation and advice. And if anyone fall victim of the so called bad business again. Such a person should be disowned and banished.

1 Like

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 9:35am On Apr 05, 2019
No, we Yorubas should be more worried about what is happening in our region where people where people are moving around with plastic buckets due to fear of unknown..
Our afonja population is going down daily basis.

Human life is becoming meaningless in SW, skull of a cow now worth more than than of human skulls.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 9:35am On Apr 05, 2019
Have you asked yourself why there is skull in Oduduwa flag ?

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2019
Even Ooni is not left out in skull mining

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 05, 2019
wirinet:

Thank you my brother. A problem acknowledged is a problem half solved. Most of your fellow tribesmen behaves like the ostrich and hide their heads in the sands. They even fail to acknowledge that drug trafficking by their youths is having a negative impact on the image of their society, their tribe and the nation in general.
Funny enough, the igbos entered the drug trafficking business quite late (in the mid 80s), it used to be the exclusive preserve of the Yorubas in the 70s and early 80s. But now, 6 out of 10 nigerian traffickers caught are of igbo names (almost 90% in Asian countries )

The people doing that are just responding to trolls on the other side by trolling back. Amongst my people we recognize it is a problem however no step has been taken.

Solution will come out.
Re: . by advocate666: 9:41am On Apr 05, 2019
iSlayer2:
[s]We need to sit down amongst each other and discuss ways to curb this menace. It has always been there as an issue but I think this year it has hit an alarming crescendo. This is one of the reasons I hate Ohanaeze Ndigbo with a fiery passion! You will never see them tackle important issues like this affecting the people. they are so disgustingly partisan and are all self seeking. Tueh!

Personally. I don't believe crime is the alternative no matter how dire the situation of the country is. There are Igbo sons and daughters outside the shores of this country doing well in their respective countries of residence, why don't they help this boys get settled properly, I think it's most unfortunate to go to a place with a working system in place to carry out criminal activities, it is so shameful and reckless.

Why not tap into the working system in those countries abroad to get yourself set up properly. Those of us who are abroad legally and have the wherewithal should be able to assist the ones coming in. Now this brings me to ask: who are the people sponsoring this boys to come abroad and do crime? Who are these people? Fully understanding how things work amongst our people I can guess there are some people sponsoring this thing.
They ought to stop destroying the future of our people by luring our youths into crime. If only things can be put in place, actual measures taken, perhaps we can get some respite on this issue, but who will do something about this kwanu? Who? It's a pity.

Daalu nu.[/s]

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: . by nonsobaba: 9:42am On Apr 05, 2019
Harrymig1:
Peter Obi started his career with drug trafficking. Then he made a smooth transition to retail trade and politics and today he is your hero. Why not let others try their luck?

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 05, 2019
oilPUSSY:
No, we Yorubas should be more worried about what is happening in our region where people where people are moving around with plastic buckets due to fear of unknown..

Human life is becoming meaningless in SW, skull of a cow now worth more than than of human skulls.

Otu-mmanu uche gi dikwia. Ihea bukwa nnekwute nzuko k'anyi nwere ebaa kita, dikwa gentle.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 05, 2019
[quote author=advocate666 post=77279805][/quote]

LuciferReverend n'ekwa anya ofuma.
Re: . by advocate666: 9:47am On Apr 05, 2019
The Federal Government has condemned the execution of a Nigerian, Kudirat Afolabi, by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for drug-related offenses.

Afolabi, a widow, and mother of two, was beheaded on Monday by the Saudi authorities.

https://www.nairaland.com/5117633/fg-saudi-arabia-defends-execution
Re: . by advocate666: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2019
iSlayer2:

LuciferReverend n'ekwa anya ofuma.

Afonja efulefu. They have started cutting your people's heads in Saudi Arabia and you are here blaming Ohaneze.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 05, 2019
oilPUSSY:

So na nairaland ka iga akpa udiri nkata knowing fully well udi ndi juru ebea ?
Na iru ndi ofe mmanu ?

Onwero ihe ome. Oburo anyi ncha bu umuazi eba. I nwere alo iga tu, anyi n'egenti.
Re: . by Turantula(m): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2019
oilPUSSY:

So na nairaland ka iga akpa udiri nkata knowing fully well udi ndi juru ebea ?
Na iru ndi ofe mmanu ?

Biko, I beg to differ.

Let's discuss about skull mining grin
Your head dey there.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 10:02am On Apr 05, 2019
iSlayer2:

Onwero ihe ome. Oburo anyi ncha bu umuazi eba. I nwere alo iga tu, anyi n'egenti.

Nwanne, agaghim eso ndi irom kpogide nwannem n'obe n'iru oha ndi mmadu.

Ha mere ihe adighi mma n'ezi okwu mana igaghi ejizi maka ya kwutoba ha n'iru ndi Yoruba.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2019
Please, we're here to discuss a pertinent issue bedevilling our people and our future. There are so many of us here who are resident outside Nigeria. I would have liked for them to throw in their thoughts/suggestions too.

cc Ikechu12, Deridegull

I know we have younger people and high school kids here but there are also matured people who realize this is important. Many of us who lock up ourselves in this politics section day and night trolling don't realize that a focused effort here on Nairaland can impact positively outside here.

cc Igbodefender, Afam4eva, TonyChristopher, Gidgiddy
Re: . by advocate666: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2019
iSlayer2:

She already told you her advice: discuss skull mining.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 10:03am On Apr 05, 2019
nonsobaba:
Peter Obi started his career with drug trafficking. Then he made a smooth transition to retail trade and politics and today he is your hero. Why not let others try their luck?

Is like you don't know Tinibu ?

Why is he called drug Baron ? grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Whiteangel1234: 10:04am On Apr 05, 2019
Afonja post the Nigeria beheaded in Saudi Arabia are Igbo's abi ? Go and siddon biko

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by advocate666: 10:06am On Apr 05, 2019
iSlayer2:
Please, we're here to discuss a pertinent issue bedevilling our people and our future. There are so many of us here who are resident outside Nigeria. I would have liked for them to throw in their thoughts/suggestions too.

cc Ikechu12

I agree. Your people have no future except they stop skull mining and backstabbing.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanusi Spent N37 Million On Phone Calls – Omokri / #buhariaairport. Beautiful New Pictures. / We Will Never Support SW Presidency Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.