Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him (120692 Views)

Dr. Obiora Okonkwo Tapping Palm Wine (Video) / Kennedy Okonkwo Celebrates 12th Wedding Anniversary - Pictures / Ned Okonkwo Proposes To His Wife Again After 12 Years Of Marriage (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by marv1: 8:33am On Apr 07, 2019
Please is he the same founder and G.O of TREM (The redeemed Evangelical Missions) after Anthony by the right they are talking about or another person.
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by nwabobo: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2019
marv1:
Please is he the same founder and G.O of TREM (The redeemed Evangelical Missions) after Anthony by the right they are talking about or another person.

Lol, No.

That is Bishop Mike Okonkwo
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by ttmax09(m): 8:50am On Apr 07, 2019
sowilli:
is there oil in dangote’s state? Have you ever wondered why an Igbo man is not in the top 3 or 4 richest Nigerians even as they have got mastery of business?
We all know forbes publish only what they see. Most of this rich igbo men, e.g this same man, i don't think his company his publicly quoted on the nigerian stock exhange or any other stock exhange. Forbes meanwhile uses stock value, shareholdings and co to determine richest people. So many rich billonaires in nigeria that are unaccounted for. Sorry for any typo

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by musa234(m): 8:54am On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=Unlimitk post=77286412]Eh eh,these people don come with their chest beating

Always trying hard to make ppl notice u guys
Mtcgeww who get time for u

Please who know this anambra first son guy

I av a feeling he is being paid by anambra state government or a powerful Igbo organization to be spreading useless topics about ibos we dont

Sometimes when this guy post,I just feel somehow dumb,reading d crap this guy is posting always on nairaland

Like, doesn't this guy have a job?

Even I have to leave nairaland for some time to live myself rather than be a hopeless person who has never achieved anything in life posting about other ppl who give no crap about him [/quoteHatred,bitterness ,jealousy and tribalism will be your greatest undoing walahi.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by richyblink1(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2019
chiefobdk:

He is not from Nnewi-ichi.

He is from Ichi

Nnewi-ichi is a village in Nnewi..
Ichi is a neighboring town to Nnewi

Nnewichi is not a village in Nnewi, but one of the four (Uruagu, Otolo, Nnewichi and Umudim) towns (communities) that make up Nnewi
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by richyblink1(m): 9:31am On Apr 07, 2019
Emycord:
ichi is in ozubulu lga while nnewichi is in nnewi south lga

Wrong. There is nothing like Ozubulu LGA, but Ekwusigo LGA which Ozubulu is under. While Nnewich is under Nnewi North LGA not South

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Hedonisst: 10:08am On Apr 07, 2019
CodeSapien:
Impressive empire. Hope it lasts.

Well it has lasted for almost four decades, and still going strong. Are you still hoping?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Hedonisst: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
This man is money itself, no be sey dem say.

I could still remember that very night he was kidnapped at borromeo junction, mehn, I never knew I was a talented runner angry
When was he kidnapped that we didn't hear about?
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Emycord: 10:16am On Apr 07, 2019
richyblink1:

Wrong. There is nothing like Ozubulu LGA, but Ekwusigo LGA which Ozubulu is under. While Nnewich is under Nnewi North LGA not South
noted just a slight over sight you know ozubulu is very popular it even more than ekwusigo. and yes i meant north not south
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Yoighaman(m): 11:10am On Apr 07, 2019
This is a wonderful story to read especially on a sunday which begins the week for 'hustle'. May God continue to bless him.

@OP, thanks for sharing. Have a great week as well.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by sowilli: 11:14am On Apr 07, 2019
ttmax09:
We all know forbes publish only what they see. Most of this rich igbo men, e.g this same man, i don't think his company his publicly quoted on the nigerian stock exhange or any other stock exhange. Forbes meanwhile uses stock value, shareholdings and co to determine richest people. So many rich billonaires in nigeria that are unaccounted for. Sorry for any typo
unfortunatetly, the world listens to Ford not the poo you have here on NL.
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by sowilli: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2019
YesNoMaybe:

The Forbes list is actually inconsequential. I find it funny how people are led to believe that Dangote is ACTUALLY amongst the top 50 (I'm tempted to say Top 100) richest Nigerians.
Perception is King.
unfortunately, the world listen to Forbes and not what you say.
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by sowilli: 11:22am On Apr 07, 2019
sonature1:

The civil war.
It took us many years backwards.
The east was the battlefield for 3 years.
Had it not happened, the Igbos would have been greater
excuses, excuses and more excuses. The civil war affected everyone in Nigeria
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by nwabobo: 11:37am On Apr 07, 2019
sowilli:
excuses, excuses and more excuses. The civil war affected everyone in Nigeria

The civil war was fought in the Eastern region, other regions didn't even know a war was going on.

What you've said is like saying Boko Haram or Zamfara bandits is affecting every one in Nigeria. While schools were on on other regions, education ground to a stand still in the Eastern region.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by YesNoMaybe: 11:47am On Apr 07, 2019
sowilli:
unfortunately, the world listen to Forbes and not what you say.

Of course. Mass ignorance is so typical.
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Ajibaba101(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2019
see the incredible success story of Nick Vujicic who have won numerous award without hands and legs
https://explicitsuccess.com/nick-vujicic-achievements/
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by MartinsD12(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2019
Anambralstson:
Unveiling Emma Bishop Okonkwo, The Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow The Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him

Some grass to grace stories are just superb and terrific materials for legends – and a very good example is that of Emmanuel Bishop Okonkwo, one of Nigeria’s richest men and billionaires.
Born ‘without any blemish’, unconfirmed sources told YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine that Emma Bishop, like he is widely known and addressed, lost one of his legs to accident. But rather than allow himself to be deterred by that, the Chairman of Ekulo Group of Companies, with hundreds of people in his employment, now jokes about that. So much so that during a visit by some of his kinsmen years ago to seek his financial assistance, he allegedly took off his artificial leg, joking that instead of two-legged men to assist a one-legged man, the reverse was the case. Thus, infecting and infesting the whole atmosphere with so much laughter.

A self-made man, Odenigbo Amichi (one of his numerous titles) could be likened to the proverbial King Midas; anything he touches automatically turns to gold.

Incorporating his company, Ekulo International Limited, with head office then on 30, Isale Agbede Street, Lagos, on July 3, 1984, the business has today metamorphosed into an oak tree. Initially into trading, they have since diversified into manufacturing and et al.
Now a group of companies, with Ekulo International Limited, Prize Destructioners Nigeria Limited, Ekulo Industries Limited, Evans Industries Limited and Ekulo Pharmaceuticals Limited as subsidiaries, the man is worth billions.

The franchise owners/manufacturers of popular brands like Eva Wine, Goya Oil, Adonko Bitters, Mayonnaise, Sardine, Eva Soap, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Baron de Valls Wine, Don Simon Drink, Meditol Soap, to mention but a few, their headquarters have since shifted to highbrow Victoria Island. With factories and branches scattered here and there.
Decorated as an Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic by ex-President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in 2011, he started out in Onitsha, Anambra State, before berthing years later in Lagos, Nigeria’s then capital, where fame and fortune located him almost immediately.

Born on December 31, 1960, his late father was a shoe dealer, which obviously must have been where and how he fell in love with business. A native of Ichi, near Nnewi, Anambra State, his education couldn’t advance beyond Okongwu Memorial Grammar School, Nnewi. But via interminable reading and travelling, the man has so expanded his horizon and outlook that except you are told you will classify him among the graduates.

Married to Ngozi, a.k.a Mmili Aku, and blessed with wonderful children, his father’s plan was to hand him over his shoe business. Which he declined and resisted, choosing instead to pursue his own vision and dream. A move that ultimately paid off, and very handsomely too.

A proud member of the Knights of Saint Christopher, the white-loving businessman who also holds the title of Okpuluisizuluora of Amichi is heavily into philanthropy.

One of his Rolls Royce carries the customised number plate: Okpuluisi, which literally means the one who does for all.

Highlife music kings, Oliver de Coque and Osita Osadebe, also documented same as well as his many businesses in their various albums before they bowed out. Thus, making him a household name, especially East of the Niger.

https://theyesng.com/2018/11/09/unveiling-emma-bishop-okonkwo-the-billionaire-who-didnt-allow-the-loss-of-his-leg-to-deter-him/
Nothing like legit money if you doubt me ask chief Victor okafar ezeego 1 of ihiala how far for him grave, look at this man he is legitimate that's why after 1980 something is riches came he is living like a king peaceful

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by divineappo(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
nonsense

when they are already nursing political ambition, that's when they pay jobless bloggers to litter social media space with useless pics of business achievement gotten via business capital from cocaine business

Smh
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by ezehisaac(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ezigbo mmadu adiro fecha fecha.
Bishop Okonkwo oke osisi...
If you know, you know grin
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by aalangel(f): 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
SLAP44:
Clean name with clean money.

I keep saying it That Dangote is not the richest man in Nigeria. His money is not his....this man might just be richer than Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by aalangel(f): 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2019
I keep saying it That Dangote is not the richest man in Nigeria. His money is not his....this man might just be richer than Dangote.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Akabuking: 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
Unlimitk:
Eh eh,these people don come with their chest beating

Always trying hard to make ppl notice u guys
Mtcgeww who get time for u

Please who know this anambra first son guy

I av a feeling he is being paid by anambra state government or a powerful Igbo organization to be spreading useless topics about ibos we dont need.

Sometimes when this guy post,I just feel somehow dumb,reading d crap this guy is posting always on nairaland

Like, doesn't this guy have a job?

Even I have to leave nairaland for some time to live myself rather than be a hopeless person who has never achieved anything in life posting about other ppl who give no crap about him
panadol is affordable bro.
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by egojeny1(f): 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
clintino700:
They call him bishop of Ichi, yet he is not a priest�.
I knew about this man when I was even 10.
He single handed built an ultra modern boarding school for girls and handed it over to an Anglican church.
I was wondering if he is still alive self, cos his name was never mentioned in news anymore.
He is a philanthropist, so wealthy and quiet you won't even know.
He has one leg oh after an accident but uses artificial to cover it up.
Forbes and the rest needs to come and search n bring out all this underground billionaires in Nnewi.
Cos they don't venture into oil and gas, or need help from the fed govt. They are not known.
Carol standard convent, Ichi. A very good school.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by chiefobdk(m): 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
richyblink1:

Nnewichi is not a village in Nnewi, but one of the four (Uruagu, Otolo, Nnewichi and Umudim) towns (communities) that make up Nnewi

Stop forming omacha ncha...

Nnewi is a town made up of four villages
Otolo
Uruagu(awa side)
Umudim
Nnewi-ichi

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by richyblink1(m): 11:57pm On Apr 07, 2019
chiefobdk:

Stop forming omacha ncha...

Nnewi is a town made up of four villages
Otolo
Uruagu(awa side)
Umudim
Nnewi-ichi

I doubt you know what a village is. Nnewi is an LGA of its own made up of towns which consists of other smaller villages.

If you are asked to mention your village, would you say Uruagu?
You are simply from a village inside Uruagu.

Just like the name of my village is Umudimkwa which is located in a town called Umudim all in Nnewi North LGA.

Be humble when corrected
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 08, 2019
[s]
Olanipekun1:
wait na Bishop own all these products popular in the market shocked

wahlayi this man is forkinly rich shocked
[/s]

claptrap and stupid trash
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by chiefobdk(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2019
richyblink1:

I doubt you know what a village is. Nnewi is an LGA of its own made up of towns which consists of other smaller villages.

If you are asked to mention your village, would you say Uruagu?
You are simply from a village inside Uruagu.

Just like the name of my village is Umudimkwa which is located in a town called Umudim all in Nnewi North LGA.

Be humble when corrected

Nnewi is the town, umudim is ur village, umudimkwa is ur community...

Anambra state is made up of 174 towns Nnewi is one of them

Dat is why we have 1 igwe
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by richyblink1(m): 10:43am On Apr 08, 2019
chiefobdk:

Nnewi is the town, umudim is ur village, umudimkwa is ur community...

Anambra state is made up of 174 towns Nnewi is one of them

Dat is why we have 1 igwe

If Nnewi is the town, then where is the LGA?

I doubt you know the difference between a village and a community. Let me help you.

Like I said earlier, be humble when corrected

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Ugosample(m): 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2019
divineappo:
nonsense

when they are already nursing political ambition, that's when they pay jobless bloggers to litter social media space with useless pics of business achievement gotten via business capital from cocaine business

Smh

cocaine money?

You know this how?
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by chiefobdk(m): 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
richyblink1:

If Nnewi is the town, then where is the LGA?

I doubt you know the difference between a village and a community. Let me help you.

Like I said earlier, be humble when corrected

Nnewi North is a Local Government Area in Anambra State, south-central Nigeria . Nnewi is the only town in Nnewi North LGA. It has four villages (sub-towns) that make up the one-town local government, which includes; Otolo, Uruagu, Umudim and Nnewi-ichi. The traditional ruler of Nnewi- Igwe of Nnewi -presently is Igwe Kenneth Orizu the 3rd of which this royal family is from Otolo Nnewi, and for this reason, is regarded as first among equals of the four villages. Other traditional rulers exist in other villages and they oversee the traditional affairs of their respective villages, amongst which are Obi Nnamdi AC Obi (ogidi)who is obi of Uruagu, Obi Umudim And obi Onyekaba Of Nnewichi. In this vein one may ask who is now Obi of Otolo since the royal family of Igwe oversees the traditional affairs of entire nnewi.

Local government is a creation of the government...
Nnewi north is d local government
Nnewi is the town
Umudim is d village
Umudimkwa is d community
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by richyblink1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2019
chiefobdk:

Nnewi North is a Local Government Area in Anambra State, south-central Nigeria . Nnewi is the only town in Nnewi North LGA. It has four villages (sub-towns) that make up the one-town local government, which includes; Otolo, Uruagu, Umudim and Nnewi-ichi. The traditional ruler of Nnewi- Igwe of Nnewi -presently is Igwe Kenneth Orizu the 3rd of which this royal family is from Otolo Nnewi, and for this reason, is regarded as first among equals of the four villages. Other traditional rulers exist in other villages and they oversee the traditional affairs of their respective villages, amongst which are Obi Nnamdi AC Obi (ogidi)who is obi of Uruagu, Obi Umudim And obi Onyekaba Of Nnewichi. In this vein one may ask who is now Obi of Otolo since the royal family of Igwe oversees the traditional affairs of entire nnewi.

Local government is a creation of the government...
Nnewi north is d local government
Nnewi is the town
Umudim is d village
Umudimkwa is d community

Quit making a fool of yourself. Not asking you the history of Nnewi, but trying to school you on the difference between a town and a village. You seem to be confused between a village and a community.

From the attachment, if a town is consist of 1,000 people upward, then what's the population of Uruagu that you referred to as a village?

Secondly, if a village is known as a human settlement or community, then what are you blabbing about?
Why not read and digest before making noise.
What this simply means is that there is no clear disparity between a village and a community from the definition in the attachment.

The attachment below will help you. If not, then you have lost it completely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scrap Metal Buyers/sellers / Inside Ezego Victor Okafor's Graveyard, House, Palace, Property (Video) / How I Made N317, 000 In A Week With Affiliate Marketing. Diy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.