Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? (58564 Views)

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / My Boyfriend Slept With My Best Friend / Lady Exposes Her Best Friend Who Has Been Having Sex With Her Husband (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by bluefilm: 12:12am On Apr 06, 2019
My take on this: A fool at 40 is a fool forever!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Sweetcrush(m): 12:22am On Apr 06, 2019
Rubbiish:
A man that seeks public opinion for an issue as small as this is weak & indecisive
I'm this case, it's a woman.�
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Evercurious(f): 12:24am On Apr 06, 2019
extremelygolden:
Go about it in a playful manner. In the middle of a conversation when he says something that thrills you, just chip in a sentence like, O!Jay I love you more each passing day. You make me happy always by your perception about life. If you were around now I would have said, what have you given me to eat? I am just loving you too much these days. Then you quickly change the topic.

You will see that after some time he will call to confirm if what you said about loving him is true? That's when you will tell him Yes in a bold letter.

Best of luck, dear.

Ooh dear!!!! This is beautiful.. I just love it.

Op, pls go for this.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Rubbiish(m): 12:24am On Apr 06, 2019
Sweetcrush:

I'm this case, it's a woman.�
Lols
I didn't even read it cheesy
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by obo389(m): 12:24am On Apr 06, 2019
extremelygolden:
Go about it in a playful manner. In the middle of a conversation when he says something that thrills you, just chip in a sentence like, O!Jay I love you more each passing day. You make me happy always by your perception about life. If you were around now I would have said, what have you given me to eat? I am just loving you too much these days. Then you quickly change the topic.

You will see that after some time he will call to confirm if what you said about loving him is true? That's when you will tell him Yes in a bold letter.

Best of luck, dear.
Your a pro. Good concept though

4 Likes

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by EmpressT(f): 12:29am On Apr 06, 2019
You should be confident to express what you feel @Op. After all, you have known each other for years and he's taking about building a family of his own? My dear, I think you should make the first move.

When it comes to love, one is unbound to say whatever they feel for another without being ashamed.

The best feeling in the world is to walk down the aisle with someone who you understands every single shit about you. someone you are so comfortable with discussing about the secrets of your past and will love you still.

Marry someone who are attracted to in all; physically, psychologically, emotionally, socially and spiritually. If you can't foresee your future with that person, please don't hesitate to go further in your relationship.
Sex cannot keep a man or a woman forever. It is only the love you both have shared from the onset and the sacrifices made to keep the affection much more alive will remain constant.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Smalliegirl: 12:31am On Apr 06, 2019
Go for it love...

I lost an amazing friend like this too. Married a loser and now Im divorced, and cannot have my best friend back cos he too got married after I did

5 Likes

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Starz825(m): 12:41am On Apr 06, 2019
lilbabe79:
Hi
I have this male friend I’ve known for almost 20 years. He courted me back in the days but I was not available so we remained friends so far. Life keeps pulling us apart and bringing us closer (geographically). He now lives on the other side of the world but we cal each other all the time. He’s my best friend, support and confident. He knows everything about me and I about him.
We talk a lot, laugh to the same things etc.

We stayed at each other’s place multiple times over the years, even sharing a bed now and there but he never tried anything

Now we are both 40 with a few failed relationships under our belt.
He keeps telling me how he wants to settle and start a family. We talk a lot about the fact that the best way to go is marry your best friend, someone you really know and so on.

I have this odd feeling that he’s trying to test the waters with me but he never says anything definitive

I’m really wondering if I should make the first move and tell him we should give it a try.
I’ve never done such thing in my life and I’m afraid he would say no. If he does, our friendship would probably take a hit.

What do you suggest ?
Madam...you and your best friend relationship could work out to becoming the best as couples..but u still need to pray abt it too....
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by greatbuc(m): 12:46am On Apr 06, 2019
You didn't agree then. Now that body count is reaching the ozone layer you want shoot your shot. You should enjoy been friends. Your ticking clock is messing with your head.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by gosmoney(m): 12:49am On Apr 06, 2019
highdon:

did u study dis in school
I wonder too o

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by BanjiHols(m): 1:11am On Apr 06, 2019
lilbabe79:
Hi
I have this male friend I’ve known for almost 20 years. He courted me back in the days but I was not available so we remained friends so far. Life keeps pulling us apart and bringing us closer (geographically). He now lives on the other side of the world but we cal each other all the time. He’s my best friend, support and confident. He knows everything about me and I about him.

We stayed at each other’s place multiple times over the years, even sharing a bed now and there but he never tried anything

He keeps telling me how he wants to settle and start a family. We talk a lot about the fact that the best way to go is marry your best friend, someone you really know and so on.

I have this odd feeling that he’s trying to test the waters with me but he never says anything definitive

I’m really wondering if I should make the first move and tell him we should give it a try.
I’ve never done such thing in my life and I’m afraid he would say no. If he does, our friendship would probably take a hit.

What do you suggest ?

Ask him jokingly like "what would be like If we dated self " while laughing or giggling.. As if you are not concerned. DON'T BE SERIOUS.

His response will instinctively guide what happens next.
Good luck
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 06, 2019
extremelygolden:

Best of luck, dear.

Golden!

Just when I was about to give up on this forum. Didn't know some mature minds are here.

Thanks for restoring my hope.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 06, 2019
Life is too short to be asking such questions Ma, you've lived almost half of your life and you're still afraid to make mistakes or try something new. Please do what ever makes you happy and grab the nice man If that is what you want.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 06, 2019
Tell him indirectly (e.g. playfully).

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 06, 2019
madgoat:

Lol... At 40yrs why would he still be interested in marrying you when he can get a young girl in her 20s or 30s that is not approaching menopause like you. Or would you want him to be without children? I am certain he is no longer interested in you.
This is a big lesson for ladies. May hay while the sun shines.

Your comment is really unhelpful and unnecessarily harsh. If you don't have anything nice to say, please say nothing.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Rockyrascal(m): 1:53am On Apr 06, 2019
extremelygolden:

Best of luck, dear.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Aluobe1(m): 2:23am On Apr 06, 2019
Vellichor:
You said you still love your baby daddy on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4872820/baby-daddy-new-guy

Get over your baby daddy first. As for this man let him be the one to initiate a relationship with you. If he wanted a relationship with you he would've. Give him hints but let him be the one to make a move.

Hmmm Oshey investigative lawyer. I duff my hat for you

3 Likes

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by King44(m): 2:24am On Apr 06, 2019
that man needs a knock on the head, If I was him I wouldn't have waited 5 years something go don't happen tey tey , haba this thread should be titled legendary frendzone

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by meobizy(f): 2:49am On Apr 06, 2019
What can Nairalanders learn from this?
It is very obvious.
If you try the friend route it will take twenty plus years for the female to consider you relationship material.
That is twenty full years of her changing different dicks and losing beauty before she feels you’re worthy of her being a leftover.
Make una hear now: men and women can never stay friends for long.
It will always put the man at a disadvantage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Toks2008(m): 3:38am On Apr 06, 2019
lilbabe79:
Hi

What do you suggest ?

Both 40! Wettin una dey wait for again?

But just don't get jealous if he latter gets a younger lady even if both of you come together.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 4:28am On Apr 06, 2019
ifex370:

20 years in a friend one and now you want to date the guy..

Girls are confirmed wicked
grin
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 4:29am On Apr 06, 2019
Aluobe1:

grin
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 4:30am On Apr 06, 2019
greatbuc:
You didn't agree then. Now that body count is reaching the ozone layer you want shoot your shot. You should enjoy been friends. Your ticking clock is messing with your head.
cheesy
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 4:37am On Apr 06, 2019
stupidity:
Ha!!!, that nigga friend zoning is on another level.

You mean he’s never mistakenly pressed your bubby??

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by jman77(m): 5:03am On Apr 06, 2019
Baba n la "EVENING NEWSPAPER"
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 06, 2019
Aluobe1:

grin grin
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Jabioro: 5:19am On Apr 06, 2019
Egbami! Aunty Libabe..what are you waiting for? "So na your enemy you go like to make advance to" .Come you are yet at 40 to know your rightful onion..wait for me then..
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 06, 2019
catwalq:
One word

I wish i could give your post one million likes...alas, I have but one like.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Rosarie(f): 6:15am On Apr 06, 2019
Bossjakande:
u are a wicket person and I will unfollowed u did u see she 40 wen she want to marry born but as a parrot u say she shd not date him. If she remain single at old age is DAT wat u want or u got a guy for her
Pls quickly unfollow me oooooo
See u saying u will unfollow me like ur following pays my bills.
U and ur generations are heartless souls.
Shameless set of chickens.
Immaturity will finish u all.
Must I think like u or like a crowd.
Let her be hundred.
Re u married fool
What do u know about life.
Ur generations are born by mistake If u can not argue maturedly without insulting ur head.
She asked for advice and I told her by best candidadvice mumu AnD u are siping kunu for another person zobo.
God punish u there.
Sorry I must say what everyone says cos u are who again!!!.thrash like u

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:28am On Apr 06, 2019
You dey form slayqueen till you're 40 and now desperate .

Mtchew
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Coldplay007(f): 6:30am On Apr 06, 2019
I think the guy is gay..
He is not married...
He never made an attempt on you in 20 years, even when you slept on the same bed..
He has a female best friend..

He knows you are not married, and he is unmarried too, yet he is not trying to lay you...

GAY...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Have Attended Over 100 Weddings And Still Single.....pics / South African Lady Celebrates Her 32nd Birthday, Says She's Still A Virgin (Pix) / I Find It More Disgusting That His Mother Controls Him" - Laila St. Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.