Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,865 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) (38611 Views)

Indonesian Immigration Officials Beat Nigerian Man To Death (Photos) / Policemen Paid Bribes For Posting To SARS – Ogili, Ex-sergeant / Delta Policemen Abandon All The Bribes They Collected At A Checkpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by mushystuff: 8:03am On Apr 06, 2019
Bluffly:
It is a product of the society. Everyone should learn to wait. If they say 3 weeks wait but some groups seeing themselves having some useless change will always be the ones to encourage corruption.

Even the amount for the official 3-week waiting period has been inflated beyond the statutory amount. On their site it's 17k but they charge 28k for d same period of time or 35-37k to pick up within one week
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by IMASTEX: 8:04am On Apr 06, 2019
hush15:

infact over gone is worrying nigeria. No government agency wey no dey collect bribe. That mofo at aso rock is claiming he is fighting corruption but systems are dying everyday under his watch. Only opponents he will be chasing.....
That is the problem
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by missyblissy: 8:12am On Apr 06, 2019
Adenex3051:
The corruption in the Nigeria Immigration Service is so bad that even President Bulgari can not get the passport done at the official price. It's so frustrating. I did mine at Oshogbo last week for 32k and it's not yet out.

I did mine on Tuesday, collected on Friday. I paid 35k.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by IMASTEX: 8:13am On Apr 06, 2019
gbosaa:

You messed everything up in your write up with the bolded.
That was very offensive. You don’t describe your fellow human being with such.

Show some respect mister.
As he did showed me same respect when trying hard to exploit me by force abi Mr. Respectful?! Heard of the phrase "respect is reciprocal or respect is earned"?!
The one & only system working perfectly well above 100%. Is corruption & bizarre leadership.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by paulibling(m): 8:17am On Apr 06, 2019
If Nigerians are not kwarapt this is the kind of issues that our hungry opportunistic activists that takes bring to drop their campaign and flaunt dirty money on social media should unanimously unite and protest to force the govt to cleanse out the rotten corrupt practices amongst civil servants that impoverishes the ordinary masses.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Edandy(m): 8:29am On Apr 06, 2019
The most annoying part of this is the fact that the so Christians and ministers of the gospel who are immigration officers or hold other public positions are not different. In fact, a Christian brother will dupe you faster than a stranger. If you think he is a brother in the church, he will do it at the right amount, you have just set yourself for a big fraud. Because his thoughts will be, let me dupe this one, last last na pastor go settle am. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Horlufemi(m): 8:29am On Apr 06, 2019
Big4wig:
We're fighting corruption my foot angry

Corruption is a cultural thing. And everyone is an hypocrite. If there's a nationwide clamp down on corruption I'm very sure you'll protests.

Nigeria cultural corruption is a hopeless situation because everyone is corrupt but not the individual.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Teesharp(m): 8:38am On Apr 06, 2019
Same thing happened to me at the Sokoto Office, I had to pay 25k to renew my passport. The officer was like if you don't pay it, nobody here will do it for you. that to show the level of how corrupt they all are. I weep for my country

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 06, 2019
Benosky011:
What about the national drivers license. Official price on the internet is 6250 for 3yrs. When you get there, you pay atleast extra 5-10k to fastrack the process.
I paid a total of 17,250 to get the one for 5years.
There is no where in Nigeria where corruption Dont thrive. The Citizens are all Corrupt but will cry foul when its done by others. I need to change citizenship
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Samade7: 11:02am On Apr 06, 2019
Benosky011:
What about the national drivers license. Official price on the internet is 6250 for 3yrs. When you get there, you pay atleast extra 5-10k to fastrack the process.
I paid a total of 17,250 to get the one for 5years.

Even I paid 10k part payment since April last year and up till now d man keep telling me, he want to confirm something from the driving school, imagine since last year.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by DavSagacity(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2019
buddie:
@DavSagacity The fact that your passport was issued in the rock city of abeokuta caused you any headache while travelling? Cos I still wonder why we all are always bent on getting it from Lagos, Abuja where these immigration officers milk us dry.

No it did not. But what I am trying to point out is that why are they collecting excess money from people. This is not peculiar to Lagos and Abuja only Ooo. it will shock you to know that as at the time when I did it, the official price is around 22k. whereas they collected 37k from me. And what I was suppose to collect the same day, took me 3 weeks, 21 day fa !!! for me to collect. so the shaddy acts of these immigration officers is not peculiar to any state. it's throughout the Country. mind you, I didn't calculate the one one thousand I had to part with at the various tables that my file passed through before i eventually got to the data capturing unit.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by sampatdikachi(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2019
LadySarah:
My neighbour is going through the same ish at Their Umuahia office,infact the issuer isnt picking his calls anymore only to involve thE police who it seems works hand in hand with them.

What can he do?The agent who he paid #30k to claims his data is already captured so he cant Go to anyother immigration office for a fresh one and thst he will never smell the passport for calling the police.

2 mths plus now?

I'll advise he contacts @nigimmigration on twitter and he will get his passport in less than a week.

While I was serving, my friend whose PPA was at NIS, Ibadan but had finished serving connected me to an Officer who requested that I pay 26k to get mine done. He promised it will be ready in less than a week.

Three days after payment, I was called for interview and biometrics. One week after biometrics, passport wasn't ready. I called the officer who told me that they was insufficient booklet to carry on with production. I kept calling and he occasionally gave different excuses.

I kept calling and Oga started ditching my calls. After final clearance I walked into Immigration office and met Oga speaking with another client. After sometime, he came to me and told me that there wasn't enough ink for printing. angry Oga later told me and his other client to top and additional unspecified amount to fasten the process. At this point, I knew I was being played with lipsrsealed

I intended using the data page of the passport to register for a scholarship whose deadline I didn't eventually meet. I was sad. cry

I ran to @nigimmigration on twitter and reported Oga. I was asked to go meet the PCO. I explained that it wouldn't be easy considering the bureaucratic system of our Civil service structure but I was assured that the PCO already knew that I was coming. I was asked to show the threads on twitter.

I met the PCO who requested that I call Oga. I called Oga who blatantly denied everything I had earlier said. Unfortunately for oga and fortunately for me, the PCO believed me and oga was served a query grin

We were told to go put in writing, an account of what transpired between us and Oga couldn't scribble anything down Like WTF employs these guys who act as demigods. Oga called his colleagues to beg me to ask the PCO to remove the query from his file. I was the centre of attraction that day. Uniform men were all around me begging cool I felt sorry for him but they was nothing I could do to help him cos the PCO already sent a soft copy of his query via email to HQ in Abuja.
cheesy

The PCO asked that I come the next day to collect my passport. I came and of course he kept to his word wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Studyinchina200(m): 11:41am On Apr 06, 2019
It’s very easy to renew your passport here in China ,I got mine the same day in Beijing.

No stress ,no bribe

1 Like

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by tbaby123(f): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
I paid 18k and it came out after 3weeks....of course it's because I applied and paid online.

Immigration office does not accept cash payments....when officers collect cash from u they still remit payment online
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by bluebay(m): 12:52pm On Apr 06, 2019
adudu208:

Bros, when is this? Last year? Last month? Do you have any contact at their Warri office i can call? I need to renew my passport asap.
That was Tuesday here .. where are you in Warri?
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by bluebay(m): 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
pek:
*extra*
Don't know why some set of people call it extral!
It’s extra coz I paid 500 for passport , 1,000 for guarantor, gave 500 to the screening officer then paid the typing girl 200 for stamp.. I never add my Puff puff, Fanta and ice cream money sef ..
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by adudu208(m): 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
bluebay:
That was Tuesday here .. where are you in Warri?
Effurun GRA
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by bluebay(m): 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
adudu208:

Effurun GRA
Bring 5k extra for me. I’ll take you there personally and see you through the process till you get the passport same day.. WhatsApp me on 08025191567
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by adudu208(m): 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
bluebay:

Bring 5k extra for me. I’ll take you there personally and see you through the process till you get the passport same day.. WhatsApp me on 08025191567
No qualms. You will hear from me soon.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by DavSagacity(m): 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2019
Kingspin:
The corruption appear coordinated and top Immigration officers are involve looking at the bribe charge of 35-37K. Uniform price
Mind you, the official price is around 22-25k. They just want to extort people at every opportunity
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Benosky011(m): 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2019
gloria34:
There is no where in Nigeria where corruption Dont thrive. The Citizens are all Corrupt but will cry foul when its done by others. I need to change citizenship

Please which country. I wan join you.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by britiko: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
KlausMike:
They've purposely created the delays in naija so as to make money from it undecided...I renewed my passport last month at Ottawa, Canada and i collected it the same day.. paid C$150.

Truly, service @Ottawa office has greatly improved but for d price, i think it syncs with their niaja counterparts if u do the conversion @282 or 280 for cad. That about 42k
Corruption is everywhere.im really amazed at their boldness though when carrying out the act. No conscience whatsoever.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Bluffly: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
mushystuff:

Even the amount for the official 3-week waiting period has been inflated beyond the statutory amount. On their site it's 17k but they charge 28k for d same period of time or 35-37k to pick up within one week
Will they charge more if everyone pays online? I doubt even if it will take eternity but no how you won't pay more if you meet with an official directly.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by Kyllahmc(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Did mine for 45k... Plus other small.. Small "find us something" from office to office.
LOL that's Nigeria for you.. Corruption happens to be in our DNA.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
deji17:
This is a good way of exposing corruption. We must insist on doing the right thing

the actions after the video gets to the head of the office is always staged managed because oga na give them directives to husto.

that country nor fit better...laye.

i payed 17,000 for drivers liscence....8 months later nuffin. if i go to the office to complain they will renew my registration copy.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2019
bluebay:

just look at this, right on the topic.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by KlausMike(m): 12:30am On Apr 07, 2019
britiko:

Truly, service @Ottawa office has greatly improved but for d price, i think it syncs with their niaja counterparts if u do the conversion @282 or 280 for cad. That about 42k
Corruption is everywhere.im really amazed at their boldness though when carrying out the act. No conscience whatsoever.

Good point! but it would be incorrect to compare the cost in both countries as the cost of service in Canada is higher! It would be impossible to charge similar prices with minimum wage of $15/hr in Ontario..and that is just salaries oh! Going by your exchange rate? That's 4200 naira...how much is the salary of the workers in Nigeria?
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) by sammyuche(m): 2:55am On Apr 07, 2019
Akowemoon:
Those guys at ikeja are branded criminals, I was charged 85k untop of Abeg coz I needed the passport same day.. I left there n took a night bus to lokoja where I did it @30k....corruption in immigration office no be here o

Brother I'll like to do mine too am in lokoja. Pls what's d process.. I'm currently a youth copper here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos / Wife Pours Acid On Husband's Face Over N15,000 In Rivers (Photos) / Gunmen Kidnap Priestba Anthony-Nwokocha, RSBC News Director (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.