Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? (17865 Views)

The Kind Women Most 9ja Men Dey Marry For America / Girl Says Most Ladies Are Single Because Men Just Want To F*ck (pics) / Tips For Dating An African American (akata) Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 12:44am On Apr 06, 2019
I’ve seen and heard several things from Nigerian men about akatas. It’s usually that we’re good for sex only or if they’re in a relationship it comes down to them not having their stuff together enough to date Nigerian women. I was shown a video where several married to/dating said they were surprised at how attentive and loving we are to our mates. They believe it’s because so many of us grow up without fathers that we love having a man in our lives.

Why can’t you just admit your stereotypes about black American women was just WRONG! I believe it comes from growing up in a backward culture that believes because we aren’t circumcised or have virginity checks done on us we must be promiscuous.

Ok. So you’re being told this while growing up in Africa. I get it. (The funny thing is that at the same time in America black American women are viewed as the least promiscuous). But once you’re here and see how hardworking and loyal (often to men who don’t deserve it) we are, why continue to try to stereotype us even as you date us? I think some of it is the Nigerian stubborn pride. You MUST be culturally superior to akatas.

At what point will you find it okay to say: We had them all wrong?

4 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by GateKeeper247: 12:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Akata craze no get part 2

36 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 1:01am On Apr 06, 2019
?

I’m new here. I have no idea what you’re talking about. This is not about a craze but about when/why 9ja men can’t just accept they had it wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by iammo(m): 1:14am On Apr 06, 2019
Who broke your heart ? undecided , American black women are only wrongly accused of having anger issues, never heard of them been promiscuous. , except hoodrats with multiple baby daddy. but a sensible person knows better than to generalise, as women are all different and with different background . And NO many Nigerian / African women are uncircumcised, it's just the common National Geographic chanel crap about Africa.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 1:31am On Apr 06, 2019
iammo:
Who broke your heart ? undecided , American black women are only wrongly accused of having anger issues, never heard of them been promiscuous. , except hoodrats with multiple baby daddy. but a sensible person knows better than to generalise, as women are all different and with different background . And NO many Nigerian / African women are uncircumcised, it's just the common National Geographic chanel crap about Africa.
Is “Who broke your heart?” a canned response you keep in your back pocket? This is not about anyone’s heart being broken. On the contrary, all of the Nigerian men are happy with their Akata wives and girlfriends. But their reasonings are backhanded compliments: They’ll accept me as less than my best, they had no fathers. That’s what makes us great mates. Like, just admit we’re wonderful and that the stereotypes you believed were wrong.

And many Nigerian women not being circumcised is not the same as a culture where NO women have ever been circumcised. I can see how coming from such a tradition would give some the idea that “THOSE black women are loose because they don’t participate in this culture.” And it’s not a National Geographic crap. Didn’t Linda Ikeja(?) admit to having it done?
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by BlackSaints: 1:47am On Apr 06, 2019
.Seriously I need a break from NL,before i lose my mind undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by iammo(m): 1:52am On Apr 06, 2019
AkataWoman:

Is “Who broke your heart?” a canned response you keep in your back pocket? This is not about anyone’s heart being broken. On the contrary, all of the Nigerian men are happy with their Akata wives and girlfriends. But their reasonings are backhanded compliments: They’ll accept me as less than my best, they had no fathers. That’s what makes us great mates. Like, just admit we’re wonderful and that the stereotypes you believed were wrong.

And many Nigerian women not being circumcised is not the same as a culture where NO women have ever been circumcised. I can see how coming from such a tradition would give some the idea that “THOSE black women are loose because they don’t participate in this culture.” And it’s not a National Geographic crap. Didn’t Linda Ikeja(?) admit to having it done?
. Good to know Black American women are enjoying their hardworking Nigerian spouses, as they are equally hardworking and goal driven. But that been said can you kindly confirm the Angry black Akata as depicted even in the movie acrimony. And lastly Linda ikeji's case is perhaps a rare one as northern Nigerian who are extreme Muslim conservatives don't even do that or believe circumcision is linked to chastity or infidelity
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:06am On Apr 06, 2019
iammo:
. Good to know Black American women are enjoying their hardworking Nigerian spouses, as they are equally hardworking and goal driven. But that been said can you kindly confirm the Angry black Akata as depicted even in the movie acrimony. And lastly Linda ikeji's case is perhaps a rare one as northern Nigerian who are extreme Muslim conservatives don't even do that or believe circumcision is linked to chastity or infidelity
You just reminded me that I need to watch that movie! A friend let me borrow her copy insisting that I watch it because it’s so good.

I will admit that I’ve heard the ‘angry black woman” stereotype growing up in America. The sexually loose black woman!!! NEVER! Africans/Nigerians are the only ones who say that.

And see how you turned it around? You made it about the Akata enjoying her Nigerian man when this is really about the Nigerian man realizing we ARE good mates/wives. We’ve never held negative
stereotypes about any type of black men. We’re too loyal to them to a fault-which is why so many end up with multiple baby daddies. They’re impregnated and dumped by losers they should’ve never given the time of day.

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by YungMillionaire: 2:07am On Apr 06, 2019
Madam why do you keep calling yourself akata?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:10am On Apr 06, 2019
By the way, some black American women DO have nasty attitudes that repel even other black women. But they’re no worse than the white B-h or the “spicy Latina” or hotheaded Italian.

Now that I think of it, it seems women in general have a reputation for being difficult.

17 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 2:13am On Apr 06, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Madam why do you keep calling yourself akata?
It’s shorter than black American.

I understand the word to simply mean the equivalent of black American. So why not?

4 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by iammo(m): 2:29am On Apr 06, 2019
AkataWoman:

You just reminded me that I need to watch that movie! A friend let me borrow her copy insisting that I watch it because it’s so good.

I will admit that I’ve heard the ‘angry black woman” stereotype growing up in America. The sexually loose black woman!!! NEVER! Africans/Nigerians are the only ones who say that.

And see how you turned it around? You made it about the Akata enjoying her Nigerian man when this is really about the Nigerian man realizing we ARE good mates/wives. We’ve never held negative
stereotypes about any type of black men. We’re too loyal to them to a fault-which is why so many end up with multiple baby daddies. They’re impregnated and dumped by losers they should’ve never given the time of day.

The reason I twisted it to American women enjoying Nigerian men, is just the good ole Nigerian man" Supersized Ego" Nigerian man would never truly express how lucky he is to have a hardworking and caring woman, because we reserve abit of truth just not to make a lady feel we are too love struck and starts acting up, this is why a Nigerian man can never split the bills on a date with his woman no matter how broke, it's all Ego.

Then the "loose" woman thingy is just part of cultural shock, American women are confident and sometimes sexually expressive, most Nigerian women never demand for sex even if they are dying inside for it,. Some ain't flexible, just the plain missionary kind of Style, and when a Nigerian man gets to meet someone as confident about such subject as him then he gets funny ideas in his mind..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by iammo(m): 2:31am On Apr 06, 2019
AkataWoman:

I understand the word to simply mean the equivalent of black American. So why not?
grin
Honestly I wanted to ask, as Akata sounded weird. Although it's an acceptable slang for Nigerians in the US

1 Like

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by whirlwind7(m): 3:51am On Apr 06, 2019
AkataWoman:

Oh my....

I'd like to meet you one day.
Your argument is on track. But don't make the same mistake you accuse Nigerian guys of. If you believe they generalized Akata women, don't do same with us. I have friends married to African American women. I've had no reason to doubt what you say about them...about you.

Would it surprise you to find out that there are many Nigerians who do not know what Akata means, much less forming opinions about them?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Nobody: 4:18am On Apr 06, 2019
What is Akata
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 4:20am On Apr 06, 2019
whirlwind7:

Oh my....

I'd like to meet you one day.
Your argument is on track. But don't make the same mistake you accuse Nigerian guys of. If you believe they generalized Akata women, don't do same with us. I have friends married to African American women. I've had no reason to doubt what you say about them...about you.

Would it surprise you to find out that there are many Nigerians who do not know what Akata means, much less forming opinions about them?
So from now on I’ll use BA.

BA women don’t carry negative stereotypes about ANY type of black men. If we did....can you imagine? Have you heard the stereotypes about BA men??!! Part of our fierce loyalty to them is trying to protect them because we feel the world judges them so harshly. It blinds many of us to their faults. So in our need to protect and love our men through their issues, many of us end up seriously hurt. Repeatedly. But we won’t throw in the towel on them and move on to other races of men. When we could EASILY do so.

So when an African man comes along, we just see a BLACK man-the loves of our souls. And when it turns out that he’s hardworking and loving towards us, well, we’re in heaven. Most of us don’t know enough about Africans to realize there are cultural differences. So there are no stereotypes. Just another chance to love and protect a black man. And love will make you work through those differences. Learning to pound yam and make jollof rice is a hell of a lot easier than dealing with a lot of the baggage some BA men carry.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by uckennety(m): 4:23am On Apr 06, 2019
AkataWoman:
I’ve seen and heard several things from Nigerian men about akatas. It’s usually that we’re good for sex only or if they’re in a relationship it comes down to them not having their stuff together enough to date Nigerian women. I was shown a video where several married to/dating said they were surprised at how attentive and loving we are to our mates. They believe it’s because so many of us grow up without fathers that we love having a man in our lives.

Why can’t you just admit your stereotypes about black American women was just WRONG! I believe it comes from growing up in a backward culture that believes because we aren’t circumcised or have virginity checks done on us we must be promiscuous.

Ok. So you’re being told this while growing up in Africa. I get it. (The funny thing is that at the same time in America black American women are viewed as the least promiscuous). But once you’re here and see how hardworking and loyal (often to men who don’t deserve it) we are, why continue to try to stereotype us even as you date us? I think some of it is the Nigerian stubborn pride. You MUST be culturally superior to akatas.

Damn your user name is funny

How on earth did you know we call y'all Akata?

It's a code word

Damn you know too much

4 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 4:37am On Apr 06, 2019
iammo:

The reason I twisted it to American women enjoying Nigerian men, is just the good ole Nigerian man" Supersized Ego" Nigerian man would never truly express how lucky he is to have a hardworking and caring woman, because we reserve abit of truth just not to make a lady feel we are too love struck and starts acting up, this is why a Nigerian man can never split the bills on a date with his woman no matter how broke, it's all Ego.

Then the "loose" woman thingy is just part of cultural shock, American women are confident and sometimes sexually expressive, most Nigerian women never demand for sex even if they are dying inside for it,. Some ain't flexible, just the plain missionary kind of Style, and when a Nigerian man gets to meet someone as confident about such subject as him then he gets funny ideas in his mind..
Hmmm...Makes sense.
Fortunately those men are good to their BA women and let them know they’re appreciated. However, the theories they share with others can be downright insulting to BA women even when meant as ‘compliments’. I assumed part of the shock was that their expectations for BA women had been so low they now had to figure out an explanation.

The more sexually liberated thing? I can see that. But that’s an AMERICAN (woman) thing. However, Nigerians carry on like it’s a BA woman thing. I’d imagine we are more sexually liberated than African women with our partners but in America sex is an expression of LOVE-not duty. You do whatever to make your man happy sexually. And we believe that it can be enjoyable for a women as well. But that doesn’t mean all a stranger has to do is say hello and we start taking off our panties-right in the grocery store.

7 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 4:40am On Apr 06, 2019
uckennety:

It's a code word

Damn you know too much
�� I told you I’ve heard what Nigerians say. I’ve heard it used simply to mean black American. No vex. No wahala.
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by coolzeal(m): 6:22am On Apr 06, 2019
African American women are great, resilient and one of the most beautiful women in the world. I'd like to marry one and damn the consequences. I love laid back kinda women..

5 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Raydos: 6:49am On Apr 06, 2019
I have a phobia of dating African American

Once I see one, I just assume they are trouble makers and will give you hard time in relationships

4 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by GateKeeper247: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2019
uckennety:

It's a code word

Damn you know too much
a brother must have sold out, I have dated 2 akata women both smart and career women but phew...So much negative vibes the nagging, complaint was too much

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by SmellingAnus(m): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2019
I need to try one akata babe before I am fully convinced about what you are saying grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 06, 2019
fall for this shít at ur own peril. This is another male looking for cheap attention. They are getting many each day. .

Op picture of urself or adonbilivit.

7 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2019
AkataWoman:

I'm sure you are not an Akata woman otherwise you wouldn't have referred to yourself as an AKATA. Not only that is derogatory but no Nigeria of any background will ever be proud to say they're dating an Akata aside for green card. I like African American women for sex pleasure but not for relationship, ask me why I don't really know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Popmaster2019(f): 7:38am On Apr 06, 2019
Issorait
Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by BrokeFucker007: 8:41am On Apr 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

I'm sure you are not an Akata woman otherwise you wouldn't have referred to yourself as an AKATA. Not only that is derogatory but no Nigeria of any background will ever be proud to say they're dating an Akata aside for green card. I like African American women for sex pleasure but not for relationship, ask me why I don't really know.
Say for yourself and not every Nigerian. My two cousins are married to their Black American wives and they're proud, happy and enjoying their marriage its a matter of individual differences, they come back with their wives and these ladies like our culture and try to get as much attires and so many other things. they can cook Egusi, bitter leaf soup and we of our dishes bro so take a chill pill. I might even marry one, I don't know why people unconsciously limit themselves as for me I can marry from any race, colour or whatever I don't care about the race what I care about is the individual and di we love each other and if yes why in the hell should I let such crap as race or geographical different interfere with it or the my lineage has to be represented here in Naija or I should marry from place with similar culture.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 06, 2019
BrokeFucker007:
Say for yourself and not every Nigerian. My two cousins are married to their Black American wives and they're proud, happy and enjoying their marriage its a matter of individual differences, they come back with their wives and these ladies like our culture and try to get as much attires and so many other things. they can cook Egusi, bitter leaf soup and we of our dishes bro so take a chill pill. I might even marry one, I don't know why people unconsciously limit themselves as for me I can marry from any race, colour or whatever I don't care about the race what I care about is the individual and di we love each other and if yes why in the hell should I let such crap as race or geographical different interfere with it or the my lineage has to be represented here in Naija or I should marry from place with similar culture.
How your cousins now have their green cards ? I will have a relationship with Africans, Latinas, Asians whites or Irish or Indians before an Akata.
Without green card I can date an AKATA cause I have no choice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by BareFacedLies(m): 8:53am On Apr 06, 2019
BrokeFucker007:

Your cousins were probably born and raised in the United States

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Babacele: 9:44am On Apr 06, 2019
AkataWoman:

hmmm bros I dey fear u o. see as you change am ikeji for Ikeja. Chai.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by AkataWoman: 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
Raydos:
I have a phobia of dating African American

Once I see one, I just assume they are trouble makers and will give you hard time in relationships
What do you mean by trouble? What type of hard time?

Some of us ARE trouble. But we tend to be loyal and loving to our men-to a fault! As with anyone/race you need to vet carefully. You can’t assume all AA women are good. But you also can’t assume we’re all bad.

The bottom line is that it’s YOUR life. You need to be with whoever makes you happy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can’t 9ja Men Just Admit Akata Women Make Great Mates? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
AkataWoman:
[s]I’ve seen and heard several things from Nigerian men about akatas. It’s usually that we’re good for sex only or if they’re in a relationship it comes down to them not having their stuff together enough to date Nigerian women. I was shown a video where several married to/dating said they were surprised at how attentive and loving we are to our mates. They believe it’s because so many of us grow up without fathers that we love having a man in our lives.

At what point will you find it okay to say: We had them all wrong?[/s]
i don't know why, but I think you're a fraud

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Joro Olumofin's Letter To "Padlock Guys" / What A Shame!!! A Girl Posts Nude Pictures On Facebook!!!! / 14 Ways To Enjoy Valentine’s Day As A Single Person - Gistvic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.