Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

FEIRE - A Romance Story - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FEIRE - A Romance Story (96241 Views)

The Second Wife - A Romance Story / Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:18pm On May 11, 2019
EPISODE SIX

Desmond laid on his mattress. He picked his phone and called Kike, asking her if she could come over to his place because they had to talk. She had no choice, she was eager to hear what he had to say and also update him about the latest developments.
He forwarded his address to her and switched on his fan before sleeping off. He barely slept for an hour when his phone buzzed. Kike must have gotten to his street, he had thought as he stood up to get the gate and check if she was around.
“Good afternoon.” He greeted as she alighted from her car. She already parked before his gate.
“Good afternoon, Des. Happy Sunday.” She greeted
“Oh, same to you. Come inside.” He led her inside the house and went to the kitchen to get her a wine while she sat down in the living room. He came back with two wine glasses and served her while he took his own share too.
“So how did your Sunday go?” Kike asked him.
He shrugged. “Not through with the Sunday yet, Kike.” The two laughed. “But I hope it ends well.”
“It would, don’t worry.”
“Is the baby kicking?” He winked.
She shrugged. “I haven’t felt a thing. I feel the baby is still in the early stage, not yet mature to kick anything.”
He hummed before he talked again. “When last did you get in touch with Uche?”
She lost her voice. It seemed that was a topic she didn’t want to discuss on. Anytime Uche proceeds from the mouth of Desmond it sounds to her as if he was telling her to go meet the father of her son. Her expression was visible enough for him to see.
“I didn’t ask with any ulterior motive, Kike. I just need to know these things. When last did you hear from him?”
“Been a while.” Her reply was rather sharp, compared to how she has been interacting with him since she came. She really wished they could just change the subject of discussion to another thing.
“Hasn’t he been calling you?”
“I told you this guy doesn’t care. Someone like him cannot father a child, Desmond. He doesn’t care.”
“But you know if you tell your Dad he would enforce him to be responsible, right?”
“Desmond, my dad will not live with me after wedding, he will not be there when this guy gets drunk and forces himself on me, or when he tries to punch my tummy and cause miscarriage. My Dad can enforce that he marries me and consent to the pregnancy, but he will not be the one to live with the beast thereafter.” She replied.
Desmond sighed. “I am just scared.”
Her eyes thinned together. “About what? About him finding out? He doesn’t care and it is not like I care too. He only has a sister who cares but of what importance is the sister when the brother is irresponsible? No family member will live with you as your husband, so no matter how good his family is, if he is not sensible, you are still in trouble, Desmond.” She reeled.
Desmond scratched his head. “I understand you, Kike. This sister of his, when last did he check on you. Does she know you have broken up?”
“She has been calling me not to leave her brother, but I have told her my mind already. I have endured with Uche, he cannot change.”
Desmond sighed again. “I have met my parents and told them about the issue. Like, I told them em.. like I told them I got you pregnant.” He paused and rubbed his forehead. “Anyway, to cut the long story short, they have heard about it and they would want to meet you as well.”
She dropped the cup with excitement. “Really? You are really going to do this for me?” She grinned.
“Trust me, this isn’t easy and I am scared.”
“Forget.” She winked.
“And you know once I commit myself to this now, it will be hard to pull out later.”
She sighed. “Desmond, would you still want to pull out after?”
He stared at her, speechless.

Feire hoped it was the right decision she was taking that Monday morning. She already drafted her resignation letter but just kept it in her bag. She just finished standing in for one presenter who already begged her to assist her because of her child’s health and was still scared to drop the letter. She was on her way to her desk when her phone buzzed and it was Fola.
“Good morning sir.”
“Good morning, Feire. I would really love not to be called a ‘sir’, it makes me look older than my age.”
“I’m sorry, I am just used to it.”
“So how far about our agreement? When are you coming around for a trail session?”
She didn’t know what to say for the moment. She wished she could just call Desmond, she needed a push.
“Are you there?”
“Yes, I am. I think I should come around later today.”
“Does that mean we will be airing you on Wednesday?”
She shut her eyes and sat down. “Yes.” She finally spat.
“Thank you. I will expect you soon.”
“Okay.” She ended the call and covered her face. She didn’t believe she was really doing this, leaving her job for another. She has always prayed for the next level and now that it has come, it seemed like she was scared to leave her familiar place for another. And just leaving suddenly without notice weeks before was really bad of her. She wasn’t sure she would want to be aired on Steel FM yet until she finally gets out of Roxy FM. She was also excited and couldn’t wait to tell Desmond and Mosun about everything.

Desmond and Kike already agreed to go visit his parents that Monday evening so as to be quick with everything they had in plan. Desmond was really in a tight corner and really wished to open up to Feire before it would get to a stage that it would be too hard to get out.
He couldn’t provide an answer to Kike’s question and felt stupid for ever making Feire fall for the wrong man. He saw himself as bad, cheap and wicked but something lurked within him telling him it wasn’t his fault, another thing told him it was his choice, he wasn’t forced. He felt he could not provide the answer to her question because now that he has informed his own parents about a lady he got pregnant, how easy would it be to go tell them otherwise?
He knew it was hard for him to admit it, he was already slipping away from the arms of Feire without her knowledge, at the same time he wouldn’t want to let her go, still wouldn’t want to be playing home and away at the same time. From the look of everything now, it was obvious Kike wouldn’t want him to leave again, in fact, he truly wishes to leave her, was it easy anymore?
He already told her how spiritual his parents were and how she should keep replying every question they ask her with wisdom and spiritual packaging. He gave her example that if she was asked about her view concerning the marriage she should tell them she prayed about it and God told her he was the right one for her, the pregnancy was just a mistake between the two of them. At least, the lies must be packaged before they get served.
She was clad in a nice gown, not necessarily looking overly spiritual but she tried to conceal as much as she could. They went together in his car and the movie played out the way the script was written. His parents liked her and that was the key for them to visit Kike’s parents also. They’ve believed her to be a child of God who just made a mistake of getting pregnant for their son and not a LovePeddler or an unbeliever who might be luring their son into what he didn’t like.

Feire dropped her handbag on the sofa and walked to the kitchen to have a cup of water. She was tired, not really a fan of driving and she has driven from Roxy to Steel FM and back home. She was happy she just took one of the best decisions of her life by tendering her resignation letter. She liked Steel FM, the warmth of their welcome was enough to keep convince her that she has done the right thing.
She had asked herself what was special about her also. Everyone seemed to like her in Steel FM, smiling and putting her through some things. Her boss at Roxy FM had talked to her for several minutes before she left but she told him she got a better offer and that’s why she was leaving.
As she gulped down the water she heard her phone ring from the bag she had dropped in the living room. She rushed the water and walked briskly to the living room to pick her phone. She squeezed her face as she saw the caller. Why would her mother be calling her? She picked her call and they exchanged pleasantries for some seconds before her mother told her she would love to see her. She knew that would be the reason for the call and the reason for inviting her would be to probably encourage her to give a man the chance in her life as if she didn’t have one.
“When?” She asked.
“Maybe tomorrow after work.” Her mother replied her. She wished she could turn her down but it’s been a while she went to greet her actually so she would just seize the opportunity. She dropped the call and thought to call Desmond to tell him about the development. She called him thrice but he didn’t pick her calls. She shrugged as she convinced herself that he might be busy and he would call her back.

Desmond dropped his fork as he passed the serviette paper to Kike. They just left his parents’ place and decided to spend some time to eat out and discuss. He didn’t know how he would pick her call at that place and what she would tell her if she should ask where he was. He felt he might need to involve his friends in this issue so they could tell him what to do. He didn’t seem to be someone who didn’t know what to do, he just didn’t know how he would go about telling her the whole issue and he was not sure if what he would say to her would be to wait or to just move on.
He swallowed and picked his fork back. “So what next?” He asked Kike.
“The date.” She replied.
“What date?” He asked.
“Wedding.”
He dropped the fork again and scratched his left ear. “Oh, I didn’t know that’s what you were trying to say. So what day?”
“I’m thinking of October 21st, Des.”
“Really?” His eyes widened.
“Is it too near?” She asked, concerned.
He shook his head with a fake smile. “Not at all.” It wasn’t to near but something else triggered his reaction. It was Feire’s birthday.

...to be continued...
www.temitopedaniel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by OPC90(m): 2:57pm On May 11, 2019
Wow It's the lords doing and it is marvellous in our eyes... Congrat's bro.

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by becca2017(f): 5:19pm On May 11, 2019
Hmmmm this is serious oh..
Thanks for the update sir, more wisdom..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 11:19pm On May 11, 2019
Lobatan

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Niwdog(m): 10:25pm On May 12, 2019
Up till this moment Desmond hasn't told kike anything about feire neither has he relate any stuff to feire and he claims not to be in charge, the idiot knows the kind of game he is playing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by izaray(f): 10:54am On May 13, 2019
Desmond be a man for once and stop being weakling
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:49pm On May 13, 2019
Niwdog:
Up till this moment Desmond hasn't told kike anything about feire neither has he relate any stuff to feire and he claims not to be in charge, the idiot knows the kind of game he is playing

Can't stop laughing.. cheesy cheesy
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by zeejewel(f): 9:53pm On May 13, 2019
This Desmond is a puppet

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by queenitee(f): 8:02am On May 14, 2019
OPC90:
QUEENITEE
A hidden relationship is dead.
Knowing what you want is different from knowing how to get it.
Remember that we are pencils in the hand of our creator.
The probability that this story is a dream by desmond or kike is lying is there.
My question to you is what have you done to keep your love safe?
The holy book says... In everything give thanks to God.
He has a purpose for us all Jeremiah 29:11.
Some of us might not the plans of God for us till we meet him in heaven.
In conclusion
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
If you doubt it ask your Mum and Dad if that person they got married to was their first love?
Okay that person your even in a relationship with or married to was he your first DREAM MAN?
SISTER PLEASE MAKE YOUR BLOOD NO DEY HOT as something must always happen for the children of God to posses their possession.
Good night.
Am in my house in USHAFA (BWARI) here in Abuja if ANY OF YOU is still angry with DESMOND or KIKE, come and beat me.
From your first sentence, it's obvious we are on the same page. Good morning, nobody is coming to beat you.

2 Likes

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by izaray(f): 11:54am On May 14, 2019
OPC90:
QUEENITEE
A hidden relationship is dead.
Knowing what you want is different from knowing how to get it.
Remember that we are pencils in the hand of our creator.
The probability that this story is a dream by desmond or kike is lying is there.
My question to you is what have you done to keep your love safe?
The holy book says... In everything give thanks to God.
He has a purpose for us all Jeremiah 29:11.
Some of us might not the plans of God for us till we meet him in heaven.
In conclusion
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
If you doubt it ask your Mum and Dad if that person they got married to was their first love?
Okay that person your even in a relationship with or married to was he your first DREAM MAN?
SISTER PLEASE MAKE YOUR BLOOD NO DEY HOT as something must always happen for the children of God to posses their possession.
Good night.
Am in my house in USHAFA (BWARI) here in Abuja if ANY OF YOU is still angry with DESMOND or KIKE, come and beat me.
I'm at ur door please open angry
TemitopeDaniel we need update boss mi

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 3:15pm On May 14, 2019
Desmond, receive sense biko

Thanks for the update
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 15, 2019
Thank God I caught up with you guys.

Lemme keep observing Kike and Desmond.
Well-done, TemitopeDaniel.

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:10am On May 22, 2019
Hey lovers. I've been ill, that's why I couldn't drop an update on Saturday. I'll be dropping a lengthy update this Saturday.

By the way, also an e-book written by someone and I will be released on Saturday. It's titled THE SENSATION.

Keep your fingers crossed!

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Nancydearie(f): 7:31am On May 22, 2019
TemitopeDaniel:
Hey lovers. I've been ill, that's why I couldn't drop an update on Saturday. I'll be dropping a lengthy update this Saturday.

By the way, also an e-book written by someone and I will be released on Saturday. It's titled THE SENSATION.

Hope you are better dear? May His healing hands be upon you. You are healed In Jesus Name Amen. Get well T-Dan.

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by izaray(f): 10:11am On May 22, 2019
TemitopeDaniel:

You're heal in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by spiceybae(f): 2:18pm On May 22, 2019
Desmond if I swear fr u eh...hw can u do dz to someone u claim to love,chai...u can't even dismiss her sef,u r still leading her on,till wen kwanu...

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Odoogu(m): 4:03pm On May 22, 2019
patience is the greatest virtue any man can have. if God blesses you in abundance, my fellow, your LIFE is safe!

loving it..

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by queenitee(f): 3:29pm On May 23, 2019
TemitopeDaniel:

It is well with you. Quick recovery
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 6:05pm On May 23, 2019
TemitopeDaniel:

Wishing you quick recovery
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:10pm On May 25, 2019
Thank you so much everyone. I'm indeed grateful for the love shown! I promised to drop an update today but couldn't meet up, not because I don't have what to drop here already but because I haven't edited and really wish to add more to make it lengthy enough.

Let's say by Monday, I'd drop the update and MIGHT be dropping another one some days after. Enjoy the rest of the night. I love you!

By the way, I just dropped a book with another writer, you can check it out for download and it's absolutely free..

https:///a4na8k-jy

Follow the link

www.temitopedaniel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by kaziblake(f): 6:40am On May 26, 2019
Lovely story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:08pm On May 26, 2019
kaziblake:
Lovely story

Thank you!
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 12:14pm On May 26, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:51pm On May 27, 2019
EPISODE SEVEN

Feire was done with her job for the day. She kept wondering why Desmond didn’t return her call, didn’t send her a text and still didn’t pick her call. She had called him again that day but he still didn’t pick up. Her mind was not at rest, hoping all wasn’t well with him and he might be in a tight corner where he would need her help. She convinced herself to go visit him that evening before going to see her mum who had called her a day before.
She felt he wouldn’t turn it to a case if she appeared in his house without call because he has not been picking his calls and she was worried, just trying to ensure his safety. As she got to his gate, she dialed his number again and then he picked. “I have been calling your number….” She wanted to start expressing herself when he shunned her.
“If someone has not been picking your calls, shouldn’t you know the fellow has been busy?”
“Are you being serious? Please come and get the door, I am outside.” She hissed and ended the call. She felt so bad, so bad that she was wasting her time being worried over someone who was deliberately not picking her calls and could still accuse her of disturbing him.
He soon got the door open and she felt like turning back and just leave but he was already by the gate and that wouldn’t be nice. She felt she should control her temper and try to know what he has been busy with, perhaps it would be reasonable enough for her to consider him so busy not to pick her calls nor return any with a simple text. He allowed her come in and walked by her side after locking the gate, not saying a word till they entered his apartment.
“What have you been busy doing?” She asked.
He shrugged. “Work.”
She looked at him with surprise. “Work? So time taking that you couldn’t even squeeze a minute to send a text message? Do you know how worried I have been, thinking maybe something has happened to you and there you are, neglecting calls and still saying you were so busy, Desmond.”
He sat down. “Please sit down.” He offered. “And haven’t we agreed that you wouldn’t come here?”
She shrugged. “I had to come, I just want to be sure you are fine.”
He didn’t want to pick her calls because he didn’t know what to say to her. He didn’t want to keep pretending and still leave her in the dark. It was as tedious as also spitting out the truth about the case on ground. He wished he could just open his mouth and begin to explain what has been going on to her, but she wouldn’t understand him. She would see him as a bad person, classify him under the strata given to other guys as well, and make him feel odd about himself, possibly. He wouldn’t want to risk it at all.
“I am sorry.” He muttered, rolling a toothpick between his palms as he told her with his head dropped.
She didn’t know what to say again also. Perhaps he has really been busy and she has been disturbing with her calls because she couldn’t take her mind off him. She was just trying to care though.
“So how has the work been? How is Kike?” She asked.
He nodded continuously. “Work has been fine, Kike too. What about you?”
She began to relate how yesterday went and how she has taken up the job already. Those were the things she was eager to tell him on phone but still didn’t pick her calls.
“What would you do if this guy in question approaches you for a relationship, Feire?” He asked.
She squinted her eyes. “After all the story I have said about the job, it is this you can ask about, right?”
“Stop it, I am being serious Feire. You know you have left your work and now put all of your eggs in one basket. What if this guy rises tomorrow and gives you a condition before you can continue working with him?”
She shook her head. “I better remain jobless and start looking for another job that being unfaithful to you. Why would I do such a thing?”
Desmond chuckled. “It’s so easy to make food with mouth, tedious when it comes to entering the kitchen.” He told her.
She frowned. “What is the meaning of that? Are you trying to say you don’t trust me?”
He shook his head. “Not at all, dear. I am just trying to wonder if it would be as easy as you have said it that time.”
“I am not so poor that what I am after is someone’s money, Desmond. I need loyalty, I need complete loyalty. I can’t be with someone I don’t love or be with someone on the basis of rules and conditions.” She didn’t seem interested in the talk anymore. She already knew he has not been that pleased to hear anything about the job, she shouldn’t have updated him. “I have to leave.” She brushed to her feet.

Desmond drove out after some minutes that Feire left. He had to meet Kike’s parents as the two of them has agreed the previous day to update them and also tell them about the date they have fixed. He already called Kike to know if she was already at home and she was. He still didn’t know what was wrong with him that has made him to still be unable to tell her the whole thing.
“Are they in?” He asked Kike as he got down from his car.
“Yes they are. When do we tell them that your parents should come?”
He shrugged. “When do you feel?”
“Maybe next week. You know we want to tell them we feel October 21 is okay to wrap up everything.” She replied as they walked on, approaching the main entrance.
“Okay, that is not a problem.” He replied and they entered.

Feire sat by her mother’s side. She was served some fruits with a fork as she sat down. Her mother really did this because she was coming? She couldn’t believe it. She has been a nice woman, but not in the regard of entertaining you because she called you. Perhaps she wanted to tell her something important that’s why she has tried to buy her heart.
“So how has work been?”
She wouldn’t want to go into the details of how she has changed her jobs, they might dwell on that for hours and keep talking about the salary and all. “Fine.” She summed it all together.
“And your boyfriend?” She asked her.
She squinted her eyes as she heard. It sounded odd hearing boyfriend from her mother. She chuckled. “He is fine.” She replied.
“Really?” She grinned. “There is a he?”
She shrugged. “There has always been a he, you are the one who has not calmed down enough to know.” She replied.
“How would I have known when you never told me about it? I have also asked you on many occasions and you said there was no one. So when am I meeting him?” She asked.
“Not yet, mum. That’s why I haven’t told you. See, he is not running away, you will meet him soon.” She replied.
“You know…”
“Mummy, I know I am getting old. I know I have to marry. Can we just go to why I am here?”
She smiled. “Nothing really, I just felt like seeing you. You know you don’t reply my whatsapp messages and still won’t call me.”
She shook her head. “Mum, that thing is not whatsapp message, it is a broadcast message. How am I to reply you when I see it?”
“At least, acknowledge it.”
“I have told you before that you should not send it to me again, I don’t read those messages.”
“Actually I called you because my sister was asking after you. She asked if they don’t give you people break at your own place of work.”
She shrugged. “What has that one got to do with her? And why did she ask you and not ask me directly?”
“I wouldn’t know. You know who Kemi is. Anyway, she was telling me her children said they are missing you and she want you to come around and spend some days and if possible, some couple of weeks with them before they go back to school.”
“Couple of weeks? Didn’t you tell her that is not feasible? Who gives such length of break to just go and play with cousins?”
“But do you know you really need a break from your work. You are always busy, always busy!” She emphasized.
She shrugged. “That is the due to pay so that I don’t end up poor. Is it too much to pay?”
Her mother sighed.
“I can’t go anywhere, they have even increased the works I would be doing now.”
“That means an increment in salary, abi?”
She smiled. “Mummy, leave me.”

Kike was in her office, punching some buttons on the laptop before her when she heard a knock. “Come in.” She said aloud without having to take her eyes off her laptop.
“Good afternoon.” She heard and raised her head. It was Susan; Uche’s sister.
“Good afternoon Susan. Please have your seat.”
“I am sorry I came without informing you first, I just feel that you’d tell me not to come if I had told you I would be coming.”
Kike smiled. “How are you?”
Susan wasn’t fine enough to reply the usual way. She just dashed into the matter on heart. “I am not sure I have ever met anyone with your heart before, Kike.” She started. “You have been a special and amazing person.” She added and stopped. She breathed heavily and looked away for some seconds before she picked her words again. “I am not sure I have also seen Uche’s life better than who how it has always been until he met you. You are not just like every other lady my brother has come across. I really don’t want you to leave him.”
Kike smiled again. “Thank you for the compliment.”
“It isn’t a compliment. I am actually telling the truth, Kike. Like, I am so serious with what I am saying. I have no time to mince words for you. I wish to see the two of you together again, I really wish.”
She sighed. “I don’t think I have also seen a sister like you before. A sister who loves her sibling so much that wants the best for him. A sister who follows up what is best for her brother even when might not care about it…”
She cut in. “He cares about it, Kike. He sent me here. He felt you’d dust him out of your office if he comes.”
Kike chuckled. “I might do more than that.”
“But why?”
“You should have asked Uche that question first before coming, Susan. You should have.”
Susan dropped her head and was quiet. “I did.”
Kike’s eyes brightened. “Oh, what did he tell you?”
“He said he broke your heart by sleeping with another woman.”
Kike laughed. “You see why I cannot risk coming back to him? He is a bloody liar. I can’t even dare come back to him. He wouldn’t tell you he raped me.” She spat.
“What?” Susan was shocked as she rose up at once. There was a knock at the door so she sat down.
“Come in.” She felt it was a good break from the suspense she was unveiling to Susan. It was Mosun who entered the office with some documents. She stood by Kike’s table as she gave her the documents to collect it after appending her signature on them. As she stood, her eyes caught the caller as Kike’s phone buzzed. It was Desmond.
“Hey dear.” She said as she picked the call, pressing the phone between her ear and shoulder, signing the papers Kike had brought. Kike patiently listened to the conversation, trying to pick the subject of the discussion as she stood beside her. She has been outside the office and has been listening to Kike and Susan since, she only knocked the door when a staff was passing, so she wouldn’t be caught eavesdropping.
“Should we meet today to fix it then?” Kike said to the receiver, still on the call with Desmond. “Okay then, I love you too.” She replied him with a grin before ending the call.
Mosun was covered with surprise. Did she just hear her tell him she loves him too? That sounded weird because it was obviously Desmond that must have first professed his love before she replied him. She was trying to articulate everything together; Kike left Uche after he raped her and from the look of things she’s now with Desmond. She picked up the document and left the office after she signed. She still stood by the door, adjusting her shoe and doing all unnecessary things just to be able to eavesdrop the conversation going on inside.
“He raped you?” Susan asked again.
Kike hissed. “I knew he wouldn’t tell you and I know he wouldn’t be expecting me to tell you because I should be concealing my shame. I don’t care anymore, Susan. I really don’t care.”
Susan’s head dropped. She didn’t know what to say to her anymore. She felt her brother deserved what he was getting. How could he have raped her? “I am sorry about that, Kike. I really don’t know what to say at the moment because this is so painful and shocking. He didn’t tell me this at all.”
“That’s why I told you that he is just trying to use pity to buy me back. I don’t think you would like to go back to someone who raped you likewise. I don’t know what to expect after I marry him, he will turn me to sex machine, or IndecentStar, right?”
Susan sighed. “I am sorry once again.” She picked her bag and stood up.
“Wait. I am getting married in a month’s time, so there is no need for any push anymore, Susan. I know you have a good heart and you want the best for him but he destroyed the opportunity he has been given.”
“I am sorry, Kike.” She set to leave.
Mosun fastened her steps away from the door as she noticed that she was approaching the door. She has heard a lot for her to sit down and digest that day.

Desmond adjusted his blazer again before he entered the house. Kike’s dad had called him to come over that afternoon before the arrival of Kike. He was a busy man, but has tried all his best to block everything that could make him too busy for her daughter in that state. He loved his daughter especially because she has her alone and wouldn’t want one guy just sleep with her and just disappear.
Unlike before, Des was no longer scared of his call or summon. He sat down, making himself comfortable as he was served a glass of cold juice.
“I called you here for a reason, Desmond.” He heard his voice beside him.
“Yes sir.” He bowed.
“I am a very busy person, same as my wife. We have only carved out enough time because of you and Kike. I love my daughter too much for her to go through a pain and be left there all by herself. In no time, this month of August would disappear into thin air and we will welcome October which you two have planned for your wedding.”
“Yes sir.”
“Good. Here is Mark.” He pointed at a young man who has been sanding before him for a moment. Desmond has been wondering who the guy in black suite was. He couldn’t have been a bouncer or bodyguard because he hasn’t seen him with one before.
“He will take you to the house I just got for you two here in Nigeria. The house is presently under Kike’s name but after your marriage you two change it to your names.”
He grinned. “Thank you sir.”
“Also, immediately after marriage, you will be taking over the leadership of my company. I think it is time for me to rest while you pay me salary till I die.”
He chuckled. “I am so grateful sir, but leading such huge companies…” He scratched his head.
“I will be putting you through a lot of things, Desmond. I think that means that I would love you to resign tomorrow. Don’t worry about the salary that you might not be given, by next month you will be worth paying the salary of all workers at your present place of work.”
They laughed.
“It’s all for you, my daughter and my grandchild.”
He smiled. “Yes sir.”
“Lastly, I wouldn’t want to overrule your choice so I am going to leave this particular decision with you, Desmond. Personally I wish she could just travel out and stay there till she gives birth because of eyes all around and all, but if the two of you agree for her to stay and she is good by it, then…” He shrugged.
Desmond scratched his head. “I think we will have to discuss it sir.”
“Okay then. Mark, over to you.”
He thanked him again and stood up to follow Mark.

...to be continued later this week...

Have you read my new e-book? Download via

https:///a4na8k-jy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:52pm On May 27, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP

Thank you, Ann.
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 3:25pm On May 27, 2019
This game Desmond is playing ehn.....

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by aprilwise(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2019
Desmond has hit jack pot. Hope things won't turn against him in the future. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 9:01pm On May 27, 2019
Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by izaray(f): 9:53pm On May 27, 2019
aprilwise:
Desmond has hit jack pot. Hope things won't turn against him in the future. Thanks for the update
Jack pot ke, his just being selfish jare, accepting a fetus that is not his, who does that?

1 Like

Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by queenitee(f): 10:24pm On May 27, 2019
Eh eh eh
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by Forkim: 10:26pm On May 27, 2019
izaray:
Jack pot ke, his just being selfish jare, accepting a fetus that is not his, who does that?
izaray:
. Desmond does that oooh can u imagine ?? the guy is very foolish ,if he didn't have a girlfriend maybe I would have understood but no he freaking has one and he's gonna break the poor girl's heart
izaray:
izaray:
. Desmond does that oooh can u imagine ?? the guy is very foolish ,if he didn't have a girlfriend maybe I would have understood but no he freaking has one and he's gonna break the poor girl's heart
Re: FEIRE - A Romance Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:00am On May 28, 2019
Ann2012:
This game Desmond is playing ehn.....

Thanks for the update

Thanks so much for dropping by.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

SCHOOL LIFE / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.