Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking (25449 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike / Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by zlantanfan: 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:
UNN should emulate this...b4 afonja go laugh us. We no suppose dull in Igboland in terms of all these university ranking. Fr. Ede should stop mediocrity and study the convenant uni
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by iammo(m): 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
UI is just lovely, serene, and neat

6 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by israelmao(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2019
There's something covenant about Covenant University.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Pearlyakin(m): 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Abia State University...best university in Nigeria
Who wan dash them when Lautech, Lasu never collect am.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by contigiency(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2019
It's a good development.
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by LazyGold(m): 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
I knew it was going to be UI and CU
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by greypencils: 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
I rep U.I abeg...proudly taught by four VC's. Take that to the bank...
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by babtoundey(m): 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
"It must be UI", I said to myself before reading the post. And I am not disappointed. Greatest UItes!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Legendguru: 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
oh
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
martineverest:
u can't compare free money/funds from winners chapel for covenant to meagre funds for other Universities

I don't think around 10 billion is small for public system oh.
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by luminouz(m): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2019
HigherEd:

I read an interview where the VC of UI admitted that covenant was very strategic and a potential pain in the ass for UI... While CU still needs to improve in many other areas especially student experience and religious moderation, the future is very much bright...
Where did the article say 'pain in the ass' for UI
We know u love CU,but stop trying to demean other schools na....anything on ranking or whatever na u go post am,just cuz CU is there! I wonder whether you get paid for this PR work u dey do o

#justsayingmymind

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
greypencils:
I rep U.I abeg...proudly taught by four VC's. Take that to the bank...
Hmmm... bragging don't start abi?
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by CodeTemplar: 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
UI is trying sha... Always on top whenever public schools are being mentioned.
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Joshuawobo(m): 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
University of Ibadan... my dream uni dat year
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by CodeTemplar: 5:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
asuustrike1:
Is UI not autonomous?
Largely autonomous.
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by gwinaB(m): 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
CodeTemplar:
And their grads are here jumping upandan like ui is far ahead of every other school.

UI is a very great school. There are programs run by UI that CU do not. If UI decides to drop such programs, they will move far in the rankings. Again funding is another issue. CU work towards attaining those rankings and funding is committed to ensure they are attained.
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by CodeTemplar: 6:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
luminouz:

We know u love CU,but stop trying to demean other schools na....anything on ranking or whatever na u go post am,just cuz CU is there! I wonder whether you get paid for this PR work u dey do o

#justsayingmymind
He doesn't have to cram the article word for word and use the exact words in the interview. He was was trying to summarize a message in his own words. Simple.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by luminouz(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
CodeTemplar:
He doesn't have to cram the article word for word and use the exact words in the interview. He was was trying to summarize a message in his own words. Simple.
He overly dramatises and in so doing changed the context of the interview...no where in the article did anything close to his innuendos was said That's my own....
CU is doing great dou!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by CodeTemplar: 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
gwinaB:

UI is a very great school. There are programs run by UI that CU do not. If UI decides to drop such programs, they will move far in the rankings. Again funding is another issue. CU work towards attaining those rankings and funding is committed to ensure they are attained.
The funding UI enjoys from FG is quite high. CU on the other hand has to share funds with about 5 other universities and hundreds of primary and secondary schools.
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by HigherEd: 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
luminouz:

#justsayingmymind

That is what it sounded like to me jare...
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Polawizard(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
2019 Free Easy Making money online for all beginners. Kindly click the link below

Some tips on how to earn online for new internet beginners for free from sharingvi click here now!
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Sheggy13(m): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2019
CodeTemplar:
UI is trying sha... Always on top whenever public schools are being mentioned.
Yet the overrated ABU gets the highest funding from the government, of all public institutions in this country, with nothing to show for it, just because it's in the North.. Hopeless country.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Fitz22(f): 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
And some people keep saying rubbish about Bishop David Oyedepo. Covenant University is making waves by God's Grace.
Stop insulting anointed Men of God.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Jaybeeking: 10:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
Click
http:///y2639hby.

TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING
* Google Search Ads
* Google Display Network

A-z of Google Advertising, Start Digital Advertising Agency

WHO NEEDS THESE
* Google Advertising Aspirants
* Side Hustle
* Freelancing
* Business Owners Marketing
* Digital marketing Beginner & Advanced
* People who want to sell anything online
* Ads Copy Writers
* Increase Customers, Clients, Sales, income etc.
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Basic123: 4:44am On Apr 07, 2019
luminouz:

#justsayingmymind
There are so many CU students on nairaland promoting their school.The same thing OAU students did in 70s,80s and 90s that popularized the school before the true nature of the school starts manifesting.I believe CU greatness is stage managed!
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by rasaquadri: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2019
Basic123:

There are so many CU students on nairaland promoting their school.The same thing OAU students did in 70s,80s and 90s that popularized the school before the true nature of the school starts manifesting.I believe CU greatness is stage managed!
God bless u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Ritchiee: 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
grandiose4ever:
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Rankings Has been Released For The First Time Ever.

The research was conducted, collated and released by a british organization, Times Higher Education which is a leading consultant in Higher education and audited by PwC a leading auditing firm on behalf of the UN.

According to the ranking which saw American and Chinese research powers severely relegated in favor of universities in Canada, Scandinavian countries and New zealand appointed the University Of Auckland, New Zealand as the best university in the world for SDG values.

In West Africa only three universities featured amongst the 500 universities and that include University Of Ibadan, Covenant university and University Of Ghana.

University Of Ibadan(200 - 300)
Covenant university (300+)
University Of Ghana(300+)

The SDG sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
The ranking organization used 11 out of the 17 SDG goals to conclude on its rankings.

GOAL 1: No Poverty

GOAL 2: Zero Hunger

GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being

GOAL 4: Quality Education

GOAL 5: Gender Equality

GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation

GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy

GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth

GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure

GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality

GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities

GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production

GOAL 13: Climate Action

GOAL 14: Life Below Water

GOAL 15: Life on Land

GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions

GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/rankings/impact/2019/overall#!/page/0/length/25/name/university%20of%20ibadan/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

Interesting..
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Ritchiee: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
grandiose4ever:
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Rankings Has been Released For The First Time Ever.

The research was conducted, collated and released by a british organization, Times Higher Education which is a leading consultant in Higher education and audited by PwC a leading auditing firm on behalf of the UN.

According to the ranking which saw American and Chinese research powers severely relegated in favor of universities in Canada, Scandinavian countries and New zealand appointed the University Of Auckland, New Zealand as the best university in the world for SDG values.

In West Africa only three universities featured amongst the 500 universities and that include University Of Ibadan, Covenant university and University Of Ghana.

University Of Ibadan(200 - 300)
Covenant university (300+)
University Of Ghana(300+)

The SDG sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
The ranking organization used 11 out of the 17 SDG goals to conclude on its rankings.

GOAL 1: No Poverty

GOAL 2: Zero Hunger

GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being

GOAL 4: Quality Education

GOAL 5: Gender Equality

GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation

GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy

GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth

GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure

GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality

GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities

GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production

GOAL 13: Climate Action

GOAL 14: Life Below Water

GOAL 15: Life on Land

GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions

GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/rankings/impact/2019/overall#!/page/0/length/25/name/university%20of%20ibadan/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

Interesting
Re: University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking by Johnboom: 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
Basic123:

What do you mean by true nature of great Ife...Oau is still one of the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest / IPPIS: Nigerian Universities Misled Us Into Paying Dead Lecturers – AG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.