Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,863 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:06 AM

.. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (30580 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by Alberttahir: 9:05am On Apr 11, 2019
Nice thread. I'm interested in moringa farming too but yet to plant the seeds. Waiting for rain cos I don't want to raise it in nursery b4 transplanting
Re: .. by castrol180(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please what breed or variety of moringa seed is this? I just planted it yesterday at the nursery level. When I sold from the parent stocks/trees last year, the buyer said it a very good local variety for it is big and brownish in colour but was unable to tell me what variety it falls. But with the price people are calling now, i think the buyer swindled me because he wanted to buy it at 700 naira per kilo but after negotiation we later finalised on 800 naira per kilo...I later learnt it usually goes between 1000 - 1300 naira per kilo

Re: .. by kingharzy: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Boss Emma, any updates on the state of your planted moringa? ?
Good'ay house, happy easter in arrears.
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2019

2 Likes

Re: .. by kingharzy: 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
Kudos. . . More grace
Re: .. by mankettle(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
well done
Re: .. by mobolaji234: 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
Well done Mr Emmaachile,
I've got loads of questions for you but let me start with this;
I'm curious to know what these moringa seeds are used for in such large quantities.
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

They are crushed and extracted into moringa oil. It could be used for biodiesel or osmetic or used directly on the skin.
Is moringa oil not too expensive at N8-20k a litre to be used for biodiesel?
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 27, 2019

2 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 8:39am On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

There are some guys in Ghana who sell the 50ml oil at even $36 (>N11,000) in the international market. That's like a litre for $720 (>N220,000)
Wow, is it the moringa connect people you're referring to?

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 27, 2019
Re: .. by kingharzy: 8:50am On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

No. The ratio is about 1% of the diesel. That's like 1 litre of oil to produce about 100 litres of biodiesel.
Remember for bulk use, the price of oil should be around 4k-7k per litre cost since you are buying the seeds and using your machine to extract the oil. To get other components, should be less than the cost of oil.

Invariably, one litre of biodiesel should be around N150 max all things per equal. This can only happen if you use the right variety and foreign equipment to extract it.

The good side of the oil is that it can be used for some many things like soap making, lotion, cream, direct oil application on face/body.
There are some guys in Ghana who sell the 50ml oil at even $36 (>N11,000) in the international market. That's like a litre for $720 (>N220,000)
This is one big fish.
Do they make the sale directly to foreign clients or via a Business-to-Business platform? if the second, could you recommend a few?
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 8:56am On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Yes. They have upto 2 million trees from various farmers. That's what we call eliminating poverty.
Jesus Christ and they are selling at such rates too. When I saw their website I was like 50ml bottle, this people are not doing it big.

God give me money o. I only want to farm 15k hectares and keep N500bn for myself annually for the life of the farm.

1 Like

Re: .. by kingharzy: 8:58am On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

They use a website
Okay, thank you.
It seems we as a nation are behind in agriculture when compared to sister-nations on our continent.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 9:04am On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

No. The ratio is about 1% of the diesel. That's like 1 litre of oil to produce about 100 litres of biodiesel.
If I ever venture into biodiesel, I'll rather use Jatropha instead of Moringa. Moringa is just too precious. I also see biodiesel as an outdated fuel. I'll rather invest in energy storage research. There's currently a scramble to produce batteries that charge in 15 mins or less and can last 12 hours or more. Whoever cracks the code will be the JD Rockefeller of this generation. I know there is cobalt in Nigeria too.

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 27, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 27, 2019
SocialJustice:
If I ever venture into biodiesel, I'll rather use Jatropha instead of Moringa. Moringa is just too precious. I also see biodiesel as an outdated fuel. I'll rather invest in energy storage research. There's currently a scramble to produce batteries that charge in 15 mins or less and can last 12 hours or more. Whoever cracks the code will be the JD Rockefeller of this generation. I know there is cobalt in Nigeria too.
Hahaha. That's true. The moringa connect guys were awarded with top 30 under 30 influential persons in the world at one time.

To get rich, you need to solve a problem. That's the simple logic.

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 9:24am On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Hahaha. That's true. The moringa connect guys were awarded with top 30 under 30 influential persons in the world at one time.

To get rich, you need to solve a problem. That's the simple logic.
Wow, definitely. Ah, those guys are balling o. God have mercy. Imagine me selling 1 million litres monthly at N50k self.

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2019

2 Likes

Re: .. by potosky: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

I transplanted about two weeks after planting. I just took these pictures.
As for the farmlands, i saw a 10 hectare land and still negotiating for a rent to Lease near Lokoja. If successful I could arrange lands for cluster farming if other people are interested after this year.
you want to rent land in kogi state for plantation, hmmm they will frustrate you. If you have money to buy 1hectare, buy but do not rent . I d fear BP o
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2019
potosky:
you want to rent land in kogi state for plantation, hmmm they will frustrate you. If you have money to buy 1hectare, buy but do not rent . I d fear BP o
Why?
It will be a legal agreement. Its called rent to own land. I am using a lawyer but the people are a little hesistant with lawyers cheesy
When i told them, i am planting moringa, they taught i was crazy. They only know of Plantains, Maize, Rice and Cassava
Re: .. by potosky: 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Why?
It will be a legal agreement. Its called rent to own land. I am using a lawyer but the people are a little hesistant with lawyers cheesy
When i told them, i am planting moringa, they taught i was crazy. They only know of Plantains, Maize, Rice and Cassava
ok. Good luck just watching out for you grin
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Thats the advantage of those who schooled abroad and went back to their place to empower their people with the knowledge acquired abroad. They schooled in the USA and with pretty ok with their life over there. But he decided to raise some funds and went back home to start this project. Those guys are earning more than many states annual income/budget combined in Nigeria and the same time eliminating or pulling many of their people out of poverty.
Being able to pull so many people out of poverty is even the most interesting part.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
potosky:
I also intend to buy, once you start pulling money out, landlord eye go dey shook, dey frustrate and try to take over your business.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Why?
Please buy, if its 1 hectare you can afford, start from there. Avoid what will cause litigation in the future.
Re: .. by potosky: 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
SocialJustice:
I also intend to buy, once you start pulling money out, landlord eye go dey shook, dey frustrate and try to take over your business.
fear human. I intend to plant on a150by150 size of land. Wanted to get a hectare close to my house but I later found out the land belong to savings and loan. So 150by150 for now.

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

I want the farm to be in a place because i am likely going to irrigate in the future. Getting a hectare then getting more later next year will not be idle for me as the lands will be scattered all over if the neighboring areas are not empty by that time.

I have a safe fenced land about 0.50 hectare size in two places in the village for the Moringa if things here are not favourable. The ultimate goal is to expand next year with a minimum of 10 hectares anywhere in Nigeria.
I'm facing this issue too but I'll never rent land. I'll wait, the business is not running away.

1 Like

Re: .. by RealityShot: 10:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

I want the farm to be in a place because i am likely going to irrigate in the future. Getting a hectare then getting more later next year will not be idle for me as the lands will be scattered all over if the neighboring areas are not empty by that time.

I have a safe fenced land about 0.50 hectare size in two places in the village for the Moringa if things here are not favourable. The ultimate goal is to expand next year with a minimum of 10 hectares anywhere in Nigeria.
please what can moringa seed be used for?

Is there any one that buys them?
Thank you
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

My Coconut Farm Experience / Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis / Faith Patricia Ariokot: Ugandan Sets Record For The Longest Time To Hug A Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.