Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

.. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (30942 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 6:41pm On May 21, 2019
suyamasta:
. Reason I said the calculation seems off and unrealistic! Can you tell me how 1 litre of oil will produce 100 litres of biodiesel?
That's the reason I said read carefully. He said 1% ratio, so for every litre of moringa oil used, 99 litres of other oils are added.
Re: .. by freshpzy1(m): 11:36pm On May 21, 2019
wonderful thread.......what i learnt so far

if you plant one hactare of maringa successful, after two (2)years you will get;
5kg per tree
1 hacyare is about 1660 trees
:- 5kg*1660trees = 8300kg
a kg is sold for #1800-#2000
so lets assume i sell my for #1500
i.e 8300kg*#1500 = #12,450,000

over #12million naira from sales

pls how correct is this calculation

and pls what is the total cost of farming moringa on an hactare.......not including the cost of land.

thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 12:57am On May 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 1:06am On May 22, 2019
Re: .. by freshpzy1(m): 5:29am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Cost will include seedlings which is about 1kg for about N400,000 and land preparation including fencing if possible using trees like jatropha.
You will need irrigation to attain those figures.

Average sale price of seeds/kg hover around 1000-2000

thanks 4 d response

those this means N400,000 caters for:
~seedling
~land preparation
~fencing with jatropha

what about weeding.......and how much will it cost to irrigate an hactare

i think a hactare = 2.5 acres is this correct

thanks
Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 6:00am On May 22, 2019
SocialJustice:
That's the reason I said read carefully. He said 1% ratio, so for every litre of moringa oil used, 99 litres of other oils are added.
It's not stated there that 99 percent used in production will be from other oils!
Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 6:22am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

See the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHOnYddMDFo

1ml oil
10ml alcohol
100ml methanol

That's 1ml moringa oil to make 111ml biodiesel

You mean use 1 percent of Moringa oil then go and buy 99% of other oils!

Now to some extent it's clear that you need other oils infact 99 percent of the biodiesel will be from other oils and 1 percent of Moringa oil will be added to make it 100%

I am trying to see the business case of wasting oil that is said to be 8k to produce something that will be less than 200 Naira per litre! Doesn't make sense!

For Biodiesel Palm oil is one of the best used, Palm oil gives you about 5000 plus litres of oil per hectre!

So moringa oil for biodiesel is a complete waste of resources and needless addition!
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:45am On May 22, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:49am On May 22, 2019
suyamasta:
It's not stated there that 99 percent used in production will be from other oils!
It's moringa oil mixed with alcohol and methanol. Check the video for the processes and items used.
Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 6:56am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

It's moringa oil mixed with alcohol and methanol. Check the video for the processes and items used.
I know the process, I watched the video nothing new
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:57am On May 22, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:00am On May 22, 2019
suyamasta:
I know the process, I watched the video nothing new
What's the difference with palm oil?
Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 7:00am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Lol. You mean 5000 litres of palm oil gives how many litres of biodiesel? Can you get 5000 litres of palm oil from a hectare in Nigeria? It seems you need more knowledge of biodiesel production.
All oils are mixed with alcohol and methanol to produce biodiesel. Even palm oil is mixed with alcohol to produce biodiesel.

In biodiesel, there is what is called quality of content. Moringa biodiesel is one of the best non feedstock oils and can't be compared to palm oil feedstock oil. Do more research on that.

Moringa survives where palm oil won't grow in the harshest of weather's. That's why moringa and pongomia/jatropha are being promoted worldwide. Those ones I mentioned are non-feedstock oils compared to palm oil and Co.

The current production cost of a full automated biodiesel plant is at $34/barrel which is about half of the current price of regular normal diesel barrel price.

To know more of biodiesel, you may need to get some guides on the full processes which most times, you need to purchase with dollars to get the grip about the breakdown of the processes and prices.
You need to do more research on Biodiesel, my point here is that Moringa for biodiesel production is a wrong move except moringa oil yield per hectre increases
Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 7:05am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

What's the difference with palm oil?

How much is one litre of Palm oil and how much is one litre of Moringa Oil?
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:17am On May 22, 2019
Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 7:29am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

What litres of palm oil is need to produce about 100 litres of biodiesel?
lol I see where you are getting confused, that's why I said you should research more on biodiesel production!

I assume you think just 1 percent of Moringa oil will magically give you 100 Biodiesel because you added methanol!
For your information if you intend to produce Biodiesel, Oil is the major element, other elements like methanol are added for proper conversion not to replace!

With palm oil you can get 93% Conversion and even more!
Re: .. by mfm04622: 7:43am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
I have long being a fan of moringa products due to the vast array of wonderful functions it does to the Human body and even to ruminants/broilers.

This topic is created with the mind to see how profitable moringa farming can be interms of the seedlings and the oil aspect. Moringa leafs and its powder market seem to be oversaturated.

The major hindrance to this project is availability of land and herdsmen wahala. Still searching for a place to lease/buy and may have to look elsewhere.

The attached pictures are nursery planted at around 22:00 hours on the 27th of March, 2019. So far, eight have germinated out of ten. I am planting these ones in my house.

The seeds are very expensive at about N250,000 for a 1000 seed quote including custom and transport to Nigeria from India.

A tree is expected to yield about 5kg per year after 2 years. Currently a kg of local moringa seeds is sold at about N1,800-N2,000.

Has this yield been verified on the field! I don't mean by you personally, but by any farmer that planted this strain anywhere in the world. Also, what is the yield if the normal strain? Thank you
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:47am On May 22, 2019
suyamasta:
True but that is what he was trying to say. Just wait for him to explain.
Re: .. by es144000: 8:03am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Seedlings cost $1295 including shipping to Nigeria. That's the moq for 1kg seeds. It will cover about 1.5 hectares of plantation.

Land clearing is never fixed. I am clearing a 220*50 feet land currently and I have spent about 18,000 on clearing alone with about 50,000 on fencing with net and its still not ready. Ask for average cost of land clearing in your area.

Fencing with jatropha will cost less but will take sometime to mature as it has to be planted before the main plantation.

In summary, estimate about N800k minimum to plant a 1.5 hectare of moringa momax3 plantation without irrigation.
About 680k needed to irrigate a hectare farm
$1260 dollars seed of 1kg is about 3200 seeds and will cover 2 hectares of 5 acres as one acre will take 640 seeds at spacing of 2.5m x2.5m

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 8:10am On May 22, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:11am On May 22, 2019
suyamasta:
lol I see where you are getting confused, that's why I said you should research more on biodiesel production!

I assume you think just 1 percent of Moringa oil will magically give you 100 Biodiesel because you added methanol!
For your information if you intend to produce Biodiesel, Oil is the major element, other elements like methanol are added for proper conversion not to replace!

With palm oil you can get 93% Conversion and even more!
Oga, don't dodge my question. How many litres of palm oil is needed in a 100 palm oil biodiesel?
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:16am On May 22, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:48am On May 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 8:53am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Oga, don't dodge my question. How many litres of palm oil is needed in a 100 palm oil biodiesel?
Best yieds of Palm oil Biodiesel range from 80-99% percent! Meaning you could use 1litre of Palm oil to produce 0.8 litres or you get 0.9 litres so one of the best yield with 100 litres of Palm oil you could get 99 litres of Biodiesel!

Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
In a conversation with BBA (biodiesel business academy), this is their summary
Production cost of moringa biodiesel is $34 per barrel, that about $34/157 per litre. This is about $0.21 per litre or about 80 naira per litre

For more breakdown, I was told to buy the guide as it's only given to those who are serious about the business.
Baba they just wan collect money for your hand! You can calculate the cost by yourself when you know the oil output and how many truly is used for production!
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:05am On May 22, 2019
Re: .. by suyamasta(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2019
SocialJustice:
True but that is what he was trying to say. Just wait for him to explain.
You are the one adding it he thinks with only Moringa oil you can just add other chemicals and get magical 99% biodiesel
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:10am On May 22, 2019
suyamasta:
You are the one adding it he thinks with only Moringa oil you can just add other chemicals and get magical 99% biodiesel
It's obviously a mistake.
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:24am On May 22, 2019

4 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 10:36am On May 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 11:22am On May 22, 2019
Re: .. by es144000: 11:37am On May 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Our nursery is getting ready. I will be transplanting about 100 trees very soon. About 600-640 trees to be planted in a direct seeding method when the rains gets consistent in a few weeks time. The remaining seeds might be sold out.
Is this Momax 3 and how many days is this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

My Coconut Farm Experience / Top 5 Richest Farmers In The World / Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.