Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

.. - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (30922 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by numen(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good evening bro. The 1kg you mentioned in the quoted post...is the pods only?
EMMAACHILE:

I hope to be in Nigeria but as things are going, its advisable for one to have a second option.
The good thing about farming is that it can also be run anywhere especially in tropical/sub-tropical countries like Australia/USA. Nigeria is getting worse everyday especially in infrastructure and security. We can only hope for a good post-buhari era.

His prices are not varied to my knowledge. His 1kg momax3 goes for $990 without transport. He is listed with same prices on many marketplaces like indiamart, alibaba and their own website from ABC India.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: .. by kpas4kpas: 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
numen:
Good evening bro. The 1kg you mentioned in the quoted post...is the pods only?

5,000 Momax3 Moringa seedlings is available for urgent sell.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
kpas4kpas:

5,000 Momax3 Moringa seedlings is available for urgent sell.
Why are you selling?
Re: .. by kpas4kpas: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2019
SocialJustice:
Why are you selling?

I bought the seed to raise seedlings and sell.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
kpas4kpas:

I bought the seed to raise seedlings and sell.
Wow, so you don't want to eat the oil money?
Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 7:58am On Aug 25, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Seeds only
Mr Emma, please how many kg is expected from a plant in the first harvest.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 25, 2019
Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 12:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

About 0.5kg maximum
OK SIR THANKS!
Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

About 0.5kg maximum
Is it also advisable to inter crop in the first few months. For example, is it good to plant okro from 0 to 6 months.
Re: .. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
Thanks so much. I am just hoping to maximise the land before the moriga reaches 1 to 1.6 months.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

The developer intercropped his with camelia plant. It should be fine.
So I can intercrop with fluted Pumpkin?
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Not advisable. Any crawler is a no no
Which crop do you advice should be intercropped with Moringa?
Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Thanks so much. I am just hoping to maximise the land before the moriga reaches 1 to 1.6 months.
I mean years
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2019

2 Likes

Re: .. by LORDTAY(m): 10:17am On Aug 26, 2019
@EMMAACHILE Please confirm that Momax3 get average of 100 pods.From DP's projection it ought to be at least 500 pods or did u mean 1000 pods?

EMMAACHILE:

I wonder why you always have this doubt. The Kaduna farmer have this same variety and I thought you even went there. Why always doubting DP?
Projections can be made of any tree by plant scientist based on the root system and structure.

Claim no 1
He said it starts fruiting from 4fh month
Verification: pass so far

Others to verify
Claim no 2
It fruits in 6 months

Claim no 3
[b]It gets average of 100 pods

I even think his projections are on the low side from what I see on the ones in my house. The Kaduna mans yield for his first harvest was 30 pods for a tree I saw but its organic growth since no fertilizer and extra water. Applying fertilizer will surely give more growth of pods.
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2019
Re: .. by LORDTAY(m): 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

First harvest projection is 100 pods. The 1000 pods is for a full matured tree projected at 2.5 years plus or at 5th to 7th harvest.

Ok Thanks
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 3:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Please bro, I would like to make your acquaintance. It is in relation to this thread. I have just followed you, kindly follow back to enable us exchange info, thanks.
SocialJustice:
Well, the trees have to be nurtured properly to enable them reach their full potential. I have also visited websites with bulk oil buyers and despite their long oil requirements list, no one said anything about organic tree production rather the emphasis was on HACCP and HACRP.
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 3:38am On Sep 05, 2019
Please I have a couple of questions if you will permit me; who are these Chinese and Indian businessmen?
How can one meet them?
Do you have any of such contacts?
What are the prevalent market prices for the seed?
I learnt there was a big crash in the price of moringa in 2007 to 2008, how true is this?
Does the price of the leaves in anyway affect price of seed?
When is the best time to sell to maximise reward? Are you familiar with when most people harvest in naija?

I am also an intending farmer, 10ha, PKM1 (8ha) and Momax (2ha) and God willing I intend starting in November. So I am simply gathering information.

EMMAACHILE:

Bought by Chinese or Indian businessmen for export.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2019

3 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 9:02am On Sep 05, 2019
kayjay69:
Please bro, I would like to make your acquaintance. It is in relation to this thread. I have just followed you, kindly follow back to enable us exchange info, thanks.
Send a pm, I'll reply.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 11:43am On Sep 05, 2019
@social justice,

I just saw your post on buyers requesting for HARCP, not organic. Very possible - depends on one's target market.

Please do you have any idea of moringa oil pricing in the international market for 1liter of moringa oil and any idea of the price quotation of 1000litres also?

@emmachile, our forerunner, bros I hail o. How's your momax3 doing? We are relying on your stats bro.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
KingOpe:
@social justice,

I just saw your post on buyers requesting for HARCP, not organic. Very possible - depends on one's target market.

Please do you have any idea of moringa oil pricing in the international market for 1liter of moringa oil and any idea of the price quotation of 1000litres also?

@emmachile, our forerunner, bros I hail o. How's your momax3 doing? We are relying on your stats bro.
Google 'moringa oil for sale'
Re: .. by KingOpe: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
SocialJustice:
Google 'moringa oil for sale'

Yeah, done that a few times. Wide range of pricing available on google so wanted another opinion.

Thanks.
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
I have some questions regarding the moringa trade and I was hoping you could help. For one, what are the challenges common to moringa organic farming specifically as it relates to seed farming and two, who are these direct importers, the indian and chinese you guys often refer to on the thread. I'd appreciate a link up atleast before I commit all of my life savings into this.
Thanks
SocialJustice:
Send a pm, I'll reply.
Re: .. by kayjay69(m): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2019
Do you by chance know anyone that farms moringa for seed in South West Nigeria or the North? I would like to visit such a farm to see for myself first hand before I handover to the farm manager I intend hiring.

The aggregator groups you mentioned do not buy for a reasonable amount for the farmer to make a suitable profit. From what I've heard and read it's around 800 to 1,200 per kg for the seed, I could be mistaken. Now that may be alot for inorganic farming, but for organic, that is not as profitable and I haven't seen or heard of the local price being different for organic and inorganic. Does this even count for the moringa seed trade?
Thank you for your feedback, highly appreciated.

EMMAACHILE:

I don't have a particular contact but can show you how to get one. Just advertise you have one especially in the moringa facebook groups. Offline is also key. My area have aggregators who buy and forward to the north. If I can get their contact. I will link it to you.

The seeds sells more in Nigeria. For you to sell powder, you need good packaging and adverts. You may also need a solar dryer or dehydrator.
If I were to do a 8ha leaf production, I will not use pkm1. Get the MOL'E moringa and expand on it. It's production is projected to be about 5 times that of pkm1 and odc series. 8ha leaf farm will be too much and if done, I will advise you include livestock like goats since they can almost grow exclusively on moringa.

Harvest time here is normally June and December but it can also fruit anytime especially when it was planted.

Seed and leaf have no correlation in price.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

My Coconut Farm Experience / Top 5 Richest Farmers In The World / Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.