Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,766 members, 7,798,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Getting Rid Of Cockroaches - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Getting Rid Of Cockroaches (2314 Views)

Family Of Cockroaches Living In Chinese Man’s Ear (pic) / 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home / How To Get Rid Of Wall Gecko And Cockroaches At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by Epistasis(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
Good evening all,
Please can someone recommend an insecticide to use to combat cockroaches that have taken over my kitchen cabinet. I urgently need help because these small cockroaches are increasing everyday, I had tried so many insecticides/chemicals but it seems the end is not in sight anytime soon.
Thanks.
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by mu2sa2: 10:31pm On Apr 06, 2019
Epistasis:
Good evening all,
Please can someone recommend an insecticide to use to combat cockroaches that have taken over my kitchen cabinet. I urgently need help because these small cockroaches are increasing everyday, I had tried so many insecticides/chemicals but it seems the end is not in sight anytime soon.
Thanks.
Try "Green Leaf insecticide powder". It's easy to use and cheap - selling for only N50 a sachet. To use, sprinkle the powder lightly on the edges of the kitchen and wherever the cockroaches normally hide. It's most effective and safe. Once applied, you won't see those stubborn cockroaches for like 2 months.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by peteruuu(m): 12:15am On Apr 07, 2019
mu2sa2:
Try "Green Leaf insecticide powder". It's easy to use and cheap - selling for only N50 a sachet. To use, sprinkle the powder lightly on the edges of the kitchen and wherever the cockroaches normally hide. It's most effective and safe. Once applied, you won't see those stubborn cockroaches for like 2 months.
Please, how do I get them off my fridge too!
It's really surprising... Seeing roaches insidr my refrigerator.
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by mu2sa2: 8:00am On Apr 07, 2019
peteruuu:

Please, how do I get them off my fridge too!
It's really surprising... Seeing roaches insidr my refrigerator.
I had the same problem before. This will work: Unplug the fridge and clean the inside thoroughly with a rag soaked with white vinegar(diluted with water at ratio 1:1). Pay particular attention to the rubber band on the door - that's the hiding place of the cockroaches. Apply spray insecticide (e.g lemon- scented Mortein, because of its pleasant odour). Spray the compressor compartment as well, in case some may be hiding there. If done well, this will kill the cockroaches. But they may have laid eggs, which will continue to hatch - that's why you may still see tiny cockroaches for some time. So, repeat the cleaning process occasionally. Note that the cockroaches came from outside the fridge, so you have to get rid of them from the whole house. So, apply Green Leaf powder all over from time to time. Cockroaches are stubbornly difficult to eliminate, but if you follow this guide you will eventually eliminate them. Personally, I don't use the popular Sniper because I hate its strong lingering smell, which could be harmful to humans.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by dominique(f): 8:06am On Apr 07, 2019
That Greenleaf powder is very effective in killing those tiny cockroaches that multiply with the speed of light. I will never forget how they invaded my kitchen and turned it into a roach disaster. It took two sachets of the Greenleaf powder to eliminate about 90% of the population after I have emptied different cans of insecticide to no avail. It has no offensive odour or fumes and very effective. Too bad it doesn't work on the big cockroaches, only the tiny ones

3 Likes

Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by scarybeeeee: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2019
Why can't I get this 'green leaf' here in Makurdi? I'm tired of asking.
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by peteruuu(m): 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
mu2sa2:
I had the same problem before. This will work: Unplug the fridge and clean the inside thoroughly with a rag soaked with white vinegar(diluted with water at ratio 1:1). Pay particular attention to the rubber band on the door - that's the hiding place of the cockroaches. Apply spray insecticide (e.g lemon- scented Mortein, because of its pleasant odour). Spray the compressor compartment as well, in case some may be hiding there. If done well, this will kill the cockroaches. But they may have laid eggs, which will continue to hatch - that's why you may still see tiny cockroaches for some time. So, repeat the cleaning process occasionally. Note that the cockroaches came from outside the fridge, so you have to get rid of them from the whole house. So, apply Green Leaf powder all over from time to time. Cockroaches are stubbornly difficult to eliminate, but if you follow this guide you will eventually eliminate them. Personally, I don't use the popular Sniper because I hate its strong lingering smell, which could be harmful to human.
Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by Epistasis(m): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2019
dominique:
That Greenleaf powder is very effective in killing those tiny cockroaches that multiply with the speed of light. I will never forget how they invaded my kitchen and turned it into a roach disaster. It took two sachets of the Greenleaf powder to eliminate about 90% of the population after I have emptied different cans of insecticide to no avail. It has no offensive odour or fumes and very effective. Too bad it doesn't work on the big cockroaches, only the tiny ones

Thanks so much.
How can I get the Greenleaf in Ibadan?
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by dominique(f): 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
Epistasis:

Thanks so much.
How can I get the Greenleaf in Ibadan?

scarybeeeee:
Why can't I get this 'green leaf' here in Makurdi? I'm tired of asking.

The people hawking rat gum, rat poison, moth balls etc sell it as well. It's in a green satchet.

1 Like

Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by scarybeeeee: 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2019
dominique:

The people hawking rat gum, rat poison, moth balls etc sell it as well. It's in a green satchet.
Believe me when I say they've never heard of it.
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by realtalk19: 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
dominique:

Rambo powder kills big cockroaches.sprinkle around corners of the house.its 250 naira

1 Like

Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by comtem2011: 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
Magic chalk kills big cockroaches.
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by newoffer: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2019
N100 gum for killing rat will do the magic. Just put bread crumbs on the gum. u will see plenty cockroaches and spider, rat and wall gecko all trapped to the gum
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by Casemiro(m): 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
mu2sa2:

Please where can I get this green leaf. Like what kind of shop
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by mu2sa2: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
Casemiro:

Please where can I get this green leaf. Like what kind of shop
You can get ìt from traders selling otapiapia/cockroach killers. I have also seen it in shoprite and one other shop.
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by Casemiro(m): 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
mu2sa2:
You can get ìt from traders selling otapiapia/cockroach killers. I have also seen it in shoprite and one other shop.

alright. Thanks
Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by somtookeke(m): 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2019

Re: Getting Rid Of Cockroaches by hidhrhis(m): 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2019
DD FORCE will surely do the magic just ask for it in any store

(1) (Reply)

Good Rehab Centers In Nigeria / How Can Somebody Spot Original Dudu Osun / Kano Deaths: Situation Very Serious - Kano Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.