Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child (1773 Views)

Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack / Woman Complains Of Everyday Sex From Husband, Runs (Video) / Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by arinze198(m): 9:32am On Apr 07, 2019
A 37-year old widow, Mrs. Chinonye Nwankwo, is now in agony over her inability to bear a male child before she lost her husband four months ago in Lagos.

The mother of four female children has reportedly been chased away from her husband’s house and all her husband’s properties taken away by members of the family. She was asked to surrender the properties because they claimed that she had no stake in the family over her inability to bear a male child before her husband died.

Full story: http://pmexpressng.com/widow-chased-away-husbands-house-male-child/

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by majamajic(m): 9:33am On Apr 07, 2019
hmmm

pm news always , bringing nollywood movies to life.

5 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2019
In this day and age? Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Barney11: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2019
I strongly doubt this news!!lies from pithell,common that woman even looked educated and exposed unless she is not being entirely truthful.Igbos don't have that time anymore.Even kindreds will pursue the person against her.

1 Like

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by LordKO(m): 10:26am On Apr 07, 2019
Man know thyself and those around you, never use servility to sustain closeness and oneness with anybody and anything. Don't allow any small-minded person or thing in the guise of parents/siblings/relations/custom/culture the privilege to oppress and humiliate your immediate family whether alive or dead. This kind of evil is bound to happen when a man, while alive, fails to set boundary between his immediate family and his extended family and relations, especially when the extended family members and relations are opportunists - leeches and predators. More so if the wife isn't a strong-minded woman, because I don't see a strong-minded woman allowing any small-minded in-law to humiliate and oppress her in a situation like this.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Rosarie(f): 10:49am On Apr 07, 2019
Why did he not have a will?
Why did she not know his will?
How can u be married and ur hubby name is one everything..
Who is next of kin
Why did she not do something tangible..
If you are married and u understand ur spouse and In laws then u use wisdom to walk.
Why not steal from him:hide from him.cos those in-laws did not just start displaying their character.
Trust no one.
And if she told the man while alive about his people he will not believe.
Women wise up.
U are not in this life to just birth and raise kids.
Find something doing.

2 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
wicked people everywhere
Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by alphaNomega: 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
In as much as this story is untrue, things like this still happens today. I'm not surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by aanuoluwami14(f): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
undecided cry That is why I do tell any woman going into marriage, always ask of their traditions. Also don't go into with it with no job or no handiwork. Always have savings. May God send help to the woman and her kids

2 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by cococandy(f): 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
“But Nigeria doesn’t need feminism”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by mankettle(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
lol. I believe the property is in lagos, so Lagos laws of division of assets will prevail. and the law allows female children to inherit

2 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by LordKO(m): 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2019
cococandy:

Nigeria doesn't need termagants, misandrists, self-centered and greedy women that glosses their small-mindedness and evil with the toga of feminism - most online and Nigerian wannabe feminists possess either one or more of these toxic attributes.

Personally, I know that sane Nigerians aren't against feminism. So long as it remains a vehicle of propagating egalitarianism, it remains a noble cause. Sane women worldwide that identify with feminism know that egalitarianism doesn't mean absence of conscientiousness, altruism and oneness.

Nigeria needs strong-minded people - I doff my hat for all strong-minded women, whether or not they identify with feminism.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by cococandy(f): 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
OFF POINT!!

Does Nigeria need feminism or not? If you’re not against feminism, no need to get defensive about that simple post. Nothing in my post said Nigeria needed any of the things you listed. But you deviated to that angle because you are against feminism. That’s the story you tell yourselves to keep supporting the causes that hurt women.

Toxic behavior is the inability to listen to others. The penchant to knowingly twist other people’s words to make it into what you want it to mean is what is evil .

If sane people (including you) aren’t against feminism, what’s your post all about then? You should have read the post and said yes indeed Nigeria does need feminism instead of going off on a tangent. When someone says “ I’m a feminist “ and deep inside your heart you agree that feminism isn’t a bad thing, the last thing you would be moved to do is to get defensive.

You get defensive because you’re against equality for women. But you know that no sane person should be against equality for women. So you pretend those who want equality for women are hating on men. That way you can sell your argument and not feel guilty about it.

Says a lot about you really believe.

LordKO:

Nigeria doesn't need termagants, misandrists, self-centered and greedy women that glosses their small-mindedness and evil with the toga of feminism - most online and Nigerian wannabe feminists possess either one or more of these toxic attributes.

Personally, I know that sane Nigerians aren't against feminism. So long as it remains a vehicle of propagating egalitarianism, it remains a noble cause. Sane women worldwide that identify with feminism know that egalitarianism doesn't mean absence of conscientiousness, altruism and oneness.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by LordKO(m): 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
I see nothing wrong with feminism, so long as it's a vehicle of propagating egalitarianism - and as I said before, egalitarianism doesn't mean absence of altruism, conscientiousness and oneness. The problem isn't about the movement itself but a termagant like you that gloss your small-mindedness in its toga. You're a typical example of a wannabe feminist, so keep quiet.

I doff my hat for all strong-minded women, whether or not they identify with feminism - Nigeria needs strong-minded people.

Peace out.

cococandy:
OFF POINT!!

Does Nigeria need feminism or not? If you’re not against feminism, no need to get defensive about that simple post. Nothing in my post said Nigeria needed any of the things you listed. But you deviated to that angle because you are against feminism. That’s the story you tell yourselves to keep supporting the causes that hurt women.

Toxic behavior is the inability to listen to others. The penchant to knowingly twist other people’s words to make it into what you want it to mean is what is evil .

If sane people (including you) aren’t against feminism, what’s your post all about then? You should have read the post and said yes indeed Nigeria does need feminism instead of going off on a tangent. When someone says “ I’m a feminist “ and deep inside your heart you agree that feminism isn’t a bad thing, the last thing you would be moved to do is to get defensive.

You get defensive because you’re against equality for women. But you know that no sane person should be against equality for women. So you pretend those who want equality for women are hating on men. That way you can sell your argument and not feel guilty about it.

Says a lot about you really believe.

18 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by limamintruth: 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
She should sue the in-laws to retrieve her family property. It is the law that any custom which contravenes any provision of Nigerian Statute is unenforceable & void.
The custom in question contravenes the provision of the Constitution which frowns against discrimination on grounds of sex/gender. Female children have equal stake in family inheritance as the males, and a woman should not be treated badly because she has only female children.

1 Like

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by baby124: 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2019
That’s why it’s good to have a reputation as someone that will not stand for certain things and your in-laws know their limit with you. As I de craze reach I don’t think any in-law can dream this kind of thing up because we will all finish ourselves. You will not make my children homeless and penniless and I will watch you in silence. I will make sure your children suffer even worse fate. There are some people that never back down or give in and I am one of them especially for the welfare of me and mine. What you cannot do in your brothers presence never try it in his absence. Chikena. I no de leave anything for God. God fights with me!

3 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Mizwisdom(f): 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
Do they still do this? but there's a widow I know who had four boys but her husband's people took all they had because they were still young but not so young because they were already teenagers. They sold their very lovely dog to us because they couldn't cope financially but that was some years ago, I didn't know they still do this. It might be because the kids are very young but this is sad. I don't believe this story

1 Like

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Mizwisdom(f): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
baby124:
That’s why it’s good to have a reputation as someone that will not stand for certain things and your in-laws know their limit with you. As I de craze reach I don’t think any in-law can dream this kind of thing up because we will all finish ourselves. You will not make my children homeless and penniless and I will watch you in silence. I will make sure your children suffer even worse fate. There are some people that never back down or give in and I am one of them especially for the welfare of me and mine. What you cannot do in your brothers presence never try it in his absence. Chikena. I no de leave anything for God. God fights with me!

Yeah I think it's when the woman is a push over that such things happen. They still did the same thing to a woman with all male kids. The man's brothers will want to claim his property in most eastern states especially if he didn't leave a will and if the kids are teenagers or much younger
Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by cococandy(f): 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2019
So your response to my initial post was a personal attack to a simple post.
And I’m the small minded person who’s evil and bla bla bla.

Unsurprisingly.

Hate filled people attack for no reason and then try to make themselves the victims

If you don’t have a problem with feminism, you won’t have a problem with me.

But you’re an imbecille and I shouldn’t even have replied your initial response because you’re obviously fishing for a reaction.

You’re a misogynistic asshole. Full stop. Stop acting like you care about equality.

LordKO:
I see nothing wrong with feminism, so long as it's a vehicle of propagating egalitarianism - and as I said before, egalitarianism doesn't mean absence of altruism, conscientiousness and oneness. The problem isn't about the movement itself but a termagant like you that gloss your small-mindedness in its toga. You're a typical example of a wannabe feminist, so keep quiet.

I doff my hat for all strong-minded women, whether or not they identify with feminism - Nigeria needs strong-minded people.

Peace out.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Mizwisdom(f): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2019
LordKO:
Man know thyself and those around you, never use servility to sustain closeness and oneness with anybody and anything. Don't allow any small-minded person or thing in the guise of parents/siblings/relations/custom/culture the privilege to oppress and humiliate your immediate family whether alive or dead. This kind of evil is bound to happen when a man, while alive, fails to set boundary between his immediate family and his extended family and relations, especially when the extended family members and relations are opportunists - leeches and predators. More so if the wife isn't a strong-minded woman, because I don't see a strong-minded woman allowing any small-minded in-law to humiliate and oppress her in a situation like this.

You've said it all

13 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by LordKO(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
Lol. I loathe people that posses your kind of online character irrespective of the gender - wannabe feminists and wannabe alpha males. Meanwhile, I don't need your validation to substantiate my proclamation of being an egalitarian and libertarian. Extrapolation isn't your forte.

Oya, clam down nwannem nwayi. Don't worry, I'll not call you termagant again.

cococandy:
So your response to my initial post was a personal attack to a simple post.
And I’m the small minded person who’s evil and bla bla bla.

Unsurprisingly.

Hate filled people attack for no reason and then try to make themselves the victims

If you don’t have a problem with feminism, you won’t have a problem with me.

But you’re an imbecille and I shouldn’t even have replied your initial response because you’re obviously fishing for a reaction.

You’re a misogynistic asshole. Full stop. Stop acting like you care about equality.

16 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by cococandy(f): 10:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
The same way I loathe you.

You very conveniently have nothing to say to the boys running amok on this forum spreading woman hate on this forum. Quite as mouse

You have nothing to say when people say girls deserve to die for their dressing. But you hate my personality for being vocal against it.

You have nothing when people promote female oppression even though you have no problem against feminism. Supposedly.

But your brain only becomes active as soon as someone like me speaks up against the hate.

Go and sit your ass down. Quoting a single line comment with epistles only to arrive at your bottom line which was to tell me your dislike me. Mumu.
Like I give a flying fvck.

LordKO:

Lol. I loathe people that posses your kind of online character irrespective of the gender - wannabe feminists and wannabe alpha males. Meanwhile, I don't need your validation to substantiate my proclamation of being an egalitarian. Extrapolation isn't your forte.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by LordKO(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
Lol. I stirred up a hornet's nest. Well, I didn't say I loathe you . . . loathing your online character isn't the same thing as loathing you. And believe you me, you can do better. You don't need to behave like a termagant - since you want me to believe now that you're not one - to arrest the nefarious activities of wannabe alpha males or visit their sins on every other male.

Now vamoose and look for your small-minded ilk elsewhere, I've given you more attention than you deserved.

Diplomacy isn't the same thing as pretentiousness. Bumpkin.

cococandy:
The same way I loathe you.

You very conveniently have nothing to say to the boys running amok on this forum spreading woman hate on this forum. Quite as mouse

You have nothing to say when people say girls deserve to die for their dressing. But you hate my personality for being vocal against it.

You have nothing when people promote female oppression even though you have no problem against feminism. Supposedly.

But your brain only becomes active as soon as someone like me speaks up against the hate.

Go and sit your ass down. Quoting a single line comment with epistles only to arrive at your bottom line which was to tell me your dislike me. Mumu.
Like I give a flying fvck.

17 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by cococandy(f): 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2019
You can do better by actually fighting against oppression instead of fighting those who fight it.

Pretentious dumbass
LordKO:
Lol. I stirred up a hornet's nest. Well, I didn't say I loathe you . . . loathing your online character isn't the same thing as loathing you. And believe you me, you can do better. You don't need to behave like a termagant to arrest the nefarious activities of wannabe alpha males or visit their sins on every other male.

7 Likes

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 08, 2019
baby124:

You don de make mouth, just pray say make devil no near you.
Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by baby124: 6:34am On Apr 08, 2019
Theglobalman:

You don de make mouth, just pray say make devil no near you.
Which devil? Even devil get who e fear. Shuo. Not every woman is a mouse. As you are lighting fires I am burning buildings. Na who get mind go last. Anyone that tries to take food from my child’s mouth must be ready for death.

1 Like

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 09, 2019
I really hope this isn't happening in 2019 but anything is possible in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Uyi168: 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
cococandy:

Nigerian feminist are unserious fellows..

1 Like

Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
LordKO:

Lol. I loathe people that posses your kind of online character irrespective of the gender - wannabe feminists and wannabe alpha males. Meanwhile, I don't need your validation to substantiate my proclamation of being an egalitarian. Extrapolation isn't your forte.

we alpha males no go gree every woman go submit to us. but wait now i know say love na strong something, you and pocohantas antibrutus no de get problems as she crazy be but you de get problem with another somebody wey de behave like pocohantas. why?
Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lmao, see question grin
Re: Widow Chased Away From Husband’s House Over Male Child by ThothHermes: 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
cococandy:
Nigeria needs laws and a functional judiciary. Any decent lawyer would get a judgement in the favour of the woman.
What has feminism got to do with this. You think if the kids were male the family members would not grab the properties if they so desired?

Is it because of feminism that things like this these do not happen in America or is it because they have an effective legal system

Wetin dey worry una self

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Business Can One Invest #2m In Naija And Be Sure Of #80k Monthly Interest / P / 70th Birthday Program For Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.