Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

If It Was You What Will You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If It Was You What Will You Do? (920 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If It Was You What Will You Do? by habdulharsix(m): 10:23am On Apr 07, 2019
Good Morning Nairalanders!

A friend of mine need your candid advise on the an issue is presently battling with.

He is a young guy in his twenties and finished the mandatory one year service last year and ever since He has been job hunting and till date he hasn't gotten any job till now. For him not to waste his precious time he decided to opt in for his postgraduate programme where he has been offered his choice of course in one of the foremost university in the country. He still stays with his parents and he has been finding it uncomfortable due to the attitude they've been giving him more his parents too aren't leaving comfortably too, so he decided to get an apartment of his own but he is confused on which type of house to go for(i.e self contain or a single room apartment) more so he can afford the money for the first year but he doesn't want a situation where he won't be able to pay subsequent ones since there is no job presently.

Note: This friend of mine his the one sponsoring his postgraduate education through the part time jobs he does which is seasonal.

what do you think he should do?

1 Like

Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by Officialgarri: 10:31am On Apr 07, 2019
Tell your friend to come and ask us by himself undecided

2 Likes

Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by sbm060(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2019
If u ask me na who i go ask!!

1 Like

Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by CreepyBlackpool: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2019
Are there no bridges close to the school that he can be staying underundecided

1 Like

Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by dingbang(m): 11:54am On Apr 07, 2019
If it was me, I will post my story myself! Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by JoannaSedley(f): 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
Tell your friend to come and present his case to umunna himself

2 Likes

Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by bukatyne(f): 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
Una wicked for this thread o!

@OP, help us tell your 'friend' to rent the decent cheapest accommodation so he can afford the annual recurring cost.

4 Likes

Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by habdulharsix(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=bukatyne post=77337654]Una wicked for this thread o!

@OP, help us tell your 'friend' to rent the decent cheapest accommodation so he can afford the annual recurring cost.

Thanks.
Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by aanuoluwami14(f): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2019
habdulharsix:
Good Morning Nairalanders!

A friend of mine need your candid advise on the an issue is presently battling with.

He is a young guy in his twenties and finished the mandatory one year service last year and ever since He has been job hunting and till date he hasn't gotten any job till now. For him not to waste his precious time he decided to opt in for his postgraduate programme where he has been offered his choice of course in one of the foremost university in the country. He still stays with his parents and he has been finding it uncomfortable due to the attitude they've been giving him more his parents too aren't leaving comfortably too, so he decided to get an apartment of his own but he is confused on which type of house to go for(i.e self contain or a single room apartment) more so he can afford the money for the first year but he doesn't want a situation where he won't be able to pay subsequent ones since there is no job presently.

Note: This friend of mine his the one sponsoring his postgraduate education through the part time jobs he does which is seasonal.

what do you think he should do?

Let him cut his cloth according to his cloth not size
Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by mankettle(m): 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
get the cheapest house close to the school. a room will suffice. he should avoid student hostels as it may be a bit expensive.
Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by Pavore9: 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
JoannaSedley:
Tell your friend to come and present his case to umunna himself

With a keg of palmwine!
Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by Makschinchin: 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
God will help him o.. It's not easy working and sponsoring yourself through school, plus house rent and other stuffs..

In other news,

Buy Mtn and Glo data at cheaper rate and sell at higher rate, visit:

https://www.nairaland.com/5102082/side-hustle-buy-mtn-glo
Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by ogawisdom(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2019
Always my friend why can't u guys own up to your story.

Anyway your friend should get someone to share the rent of one room with, he should forget self con for now
Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by Dami12345: 6:04pm On Apr 07, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Are there no bridges close to the school that he can be staying underundecided

You too dey crack me up.
Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by Richy4(m): 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
I would have suggested he stay with his parents... and save that accommodation money for rainy days...

His sponsor got a seasonal job which is risky for your friend.. What if the cash flow analysis your friend has forecasted was not actualized or fund ceases in the middle of the project (degree) due to the nature of the job of the sponsor and he needed fund, what will he fall back on?... the opportunity cost of enduring the parents to comfortable accommodation/peace of mind that might last just for one year....

Anyways the choice is his...
Re: If It Was You What Will You Do? by JoannaSedley(f): 2:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
Pavore9:

With a keg of palmwine!
lol....and oji asaa

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Accommodation In Abuja / Today Is International Lefthanders Day. / 10 Ways To Marry The Wrong Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.