Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? (11058 Views)

Poll: Which Ethnic Group Below Is Yours? (PM me to add more to the list)

Ibo: 37% (75 votes)
Hausa: 3% (7 votes)
Fulani: 1% (4 votes)
Edo: 10% (22 votes)
Ijaw: 3% (7 votes)
Yoruba: 29% (60 votes)
Urhobo: 1% (3 votes)
Itsekiri: 0% (0 votes)
Isoko: 1% (3 votes)
Kwale: 0% (0 votes)
Ikwerre: 0% (1 vote)
African (not Nigerian): 1% (4 votes)
Non-African: 2% (6 votes)
Efik: 0% (1 vote)
Ibibio: 2% (6 votes)
Kalabari: 0% (1 vote)
Kanuri: 0% (1 vote)
Qua: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Hausas And Islam / Why Are The Hausas And Fulanis Co-joined In One Tribe - Hausa/fulani? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Seun(m): 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2006
Hello,

Someone told me that Nairaland is a predominantly Yoruba forum and that we discriminate against the Igbos in particular. I would like to defuse this allegation by asking the Ibos on the forum (and all those who are not Yoruba) to identify themselves and tell us where they are from.

This should be fun!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by prettyH(f): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2006
I am Edo. Think the Yoruba's get the brunt of all the yabbis on NL. Thought igbo was the language spoken by the ibo's
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 7:29pm On Jan 14, 2006
Igbos are great people too...much love to 'em all
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ldollier(f): 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2006
virozuruuuuuuuu, igbo kwenu. well like i always say, there is are 80% yorubas on this forum, 10% igbo, the other 10% i dont know. prove me wrong guyz...

by the way am repping the igbo's.  igbooo kwenu, yay kweziuonu yaayy america hi

the correct spelling is igbo... i think ibo is how we spell the language.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2006
Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, all tribes are pretty kool smiley
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by c0dec(m): 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2006
yo the coolest guy on nairaland is igbo. cool
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by tunjikrown(m): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2006
0ne NIGERIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 7:56pm On Jan 14, 2006
smiley
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2006
i'm trying to figure out which i really am cos my dad is yoruba and my mom is igbo and i lived in yola for one whole year!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ocho(f): 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2006
I really don't think there's been any desrimination on Nl against igbos, i'm quite suprised to learn that people actually think that. Anyway, i'm Igbo and to my fellow igbos, kwezu onu   grin cool
@ david: you're a WAZOBIA cheesy
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ocho(f): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2006
@ seun, it's IGBO.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by larger20(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2006
I be real Igbo..I fight, I kick, I love everyone..lets all join hands to restor the image of our one nation cool cool

Much love to virozuru whom i am having crunch on
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by cushman(m): 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2006
Z4M4eva:

@Cushman I am guessing you are uhm fulani..am I wrong? tell me If I am smiley J U S T C U R I O U S

Wrong! I'm Arab wink
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2006
smiley
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ababoy1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2006
Someone told me that Nairaland is a predominantly Yoruba forum and that we discriminate against the Igbos in particular.

Nothing new there, but frankly – who cares, we can give as well as we get, so no wahala. Most of us don’t wallow in any preconceived ‘victim or marginalised’ status. A lot of us have moved way ahead of such labels. And frankly, we chuckle at those that always desire to leap into subjects that have to do with us and not them.

Therefore I don’t think there is any need for this condescending act. No-one needs to apologise, just be you. If however you’re main goal was to find out where we all come from. I am Igbo….
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Seun(m): 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2006
So this is 'condescending'. No matter what you do, someone will complain. angry
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by hotangel2(f): 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2006
cheesy cheesy Do i need to say where im from? Omo yoruba!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Oyinhoney(m): 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2006
well i see myself as all three yourba ibo n hausa orginally yourba n hausa but i got family members who r ibo so they teach me their ways i dont discriminate(sp? lol) like otha's do....
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Oyinhoney(m): 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2006
so basically am a wozbia mami tongue[s][/s]
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lopez(f): 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2006
@ldollier: thanks for tellin me about this thread. IGBO KWENU grin kedu?

@larger_20: kiss kiss

@ocho: oh please. there is sooo much discrimination about igbos,a nd those who cant see it are ignorant. there has been discrimination even from the nigerian civil war. nigerian groups, especially yorubas, think they are better than every one else, especially the igbos. for the love of God i cant understand why.

igbos are the strongest group of nigerians i know, and if you know you are igbo, stand up and be proud of who u are!!!!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by hotangel2(f): 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2006
I am hausa. yaya mutane na? Ina kuke? smiley
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Seun(m): 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2006
nigerian groups, especially yorubas, think they are better than every one else, especially the igbos. for the love of God i can't understand why

Ok, so you are against the idea of ethnic superiority, right?

igbos are the strongest group of nigerians i know, and if you know you are igbo, stand up and be proud of who u are!

But a few sentences later you are promoting the idea of Ibo superiority. Isn't that hypocritical?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2006
nope im not being hypocritcal, if yorubas think they are better than us, we have the same right to feel the same way.

uh oo spoke out, will i be banned? grin
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ldollier(f): 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2006
smiley viro lol
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Outkast(f): 12:32am On Jan 15, 2006
edo babe here
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Outkast(f): 12:34am On Jan 15, 2006
wait, why do we have to argue?why can't we just answer the question and move on?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by hotangel2(f): 12:35am On Jan 15, 2006
I know right?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 12:38am On Jan 15, 2006
Outkast:

wait, why do we have to argue?why can't we just answer the question and move on?

whose arguing?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by princeonx: 4:18am On Jan 15, 2006
Still thinking of which one I am! I can speak, read, and write Hausa, Igbo, and yoruba!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Scorpio(f): 4:37am On Jan 15, 2006
Another Edo babe present! cool
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by kizzy(f): 4:47am On Jan 15, 2006
i'm Igbo and proud of it cant nobody change dat! wink. yoruba ppl in general r da ITK(i 2 know rolleyes) type they've always been always will be, (no offence wink) we igbos just keep it real and on da low dats y we get tribes hatin(yorubas in particular) tongue.
dnt get me wrong peeps i like yoruba ppl and i got friends who r yorubas(but they act itk so much damn rolleyes)....

reppin da igbos fa sho
igbo gurl 4 lyfe wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? / Ethiopian Would Like To Know More About The Nigerian Culture. / Traditional Igbo Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.