Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 (3072 Views)

Abdurrahman Sumaila: Don't Support Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2023 / Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi / 2019: Attempt To Cede Kwara To The Yoruba Will Fail – Baraje (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by oyatz(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
Although I don't like replying you but for the benefit of neutral readers.

1) The PDP is NOT the same thing as Igbo

2) All Politics is local. The local politics in Osun, Oyo ,Bauchi ,Kano and Sokoto States showed an increasing desire to support or oppose certain key Political actors in that States. It is not necessarily for the love of PDP or Igbo as you wrongly assume.

DamolaIbrahim:

My dear brother, Despite all our Yoruba propaganda that PDP is an IPOB party, the north still voted en mass for PDP with PDP clinching some northern states including Sokoto the seat of the caliphate. It pained we Yoruba a lot that PDP is still very much alive and can fund itself properly as it has the East and key oil states in the SS which APC killed a lot of people for yet still failed to take. grin

All the the PDP needs is for the Sultan to give a peace and equity sermon and the north and even we Yoruba Muslims will be falling over ourselves to vote an Igbo president in PDP.

Bottom line is that, if the north hates Igbos so much as our Yoruba propagandists like to claim, why are they already aligning themselves with Se/SS by voting pdp in sokoto, Kano, bauchi, taraba etc.
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2019
DamolaIbrahim:
I have read a lot of back and forth on 2023 presidency and have come to a conclusion that we need stability in Nigeria.

No region can make themselves president alone. If we Yoruba can make ourselves president, Awolowo would have been president but he failed woefully sever times he ran for president because the East (SE/SS) didn't support him.
Our Yoruba e-warriors are beating their chests again in the cyberspace telling the rest of the south to go to hell instead of building bridges and securing southern support by advocating for Igbo presidency. They lack tact and must have failed in their history classes. It's a historical fact that the first time we Yoruba voters successfully voted a winning president was in 2015 and 2019 (though still pre-judicial). Pre-2015, the East and north determined who ruled us.

We Yoruba voted against Tafawa balewa and Zik, we lost they won.

We Yoruba voted against Shagari, we lost, Shagari-Ekwueme won.

We Yoruba voted against Obasanjo in favour of Olu falae ( a rabid Yoruba nationalist), East and north successfully voted OBJ.

Yar'adua and Goodluck lost in Osun but won the presidential elections.

So why do we still call the East losers because we won elections for the first and second time in more than 50 years of national life.

We Yoruba thought PDP will be dead after 2019 elections but the party in still waxing strong in the North, grabbing key states like Sokoto the seat of the caliphate, bauchi and going head to head with APC in Kano, to our chagrin. It shows unequivocally that the North is ready to do political business with the East in 2023. This is the reality we must face.

Therefore we in the SW should read the signs, shun greed and align with the reality buy support Igbo candidates in both APC and PDP as the country did for us in 1999.

Where there is no equity and justice. Peace is usually elusive.

Ogbonnaya Onu/ Shettima 2023 for APC

Peter Obi/ Kwankwasiyya 2023 for PDP.

I thank una.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by BafanaBafana: 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2019
DamolaIbrahim:

My dear brother, Despite all our Yoruba propaganda that PDP is an IPOB party, the north still voted en mass for PDP with PDP clinching some northern states including Sokoto the seat of the caliphate. It pained we Yoruba a lot that PDP is still very much alive and can fund itself properly as it has the East and key oil states in the SS which APC killed a lot of people for yet still failed to take. grin

All the the PDP needs is for the Sultan to give a peace and equity sermon and the north and even we Yoruba Muslims will be falling over ourselves to vote an Igbo president in PDP.

Bottom line is that, if the north hates Igbos so much as our Yoruba propagandists like to claim, why are they already aligning themselves with Se/SS by voting pdp in sokoto, Kano, bauchi, taraba etc.
Northerners didn't vote for APC or PDP, they voted for Buhari. They also voted out non performing governors irrespective of party. I wonder how that translated into aligning with SE. That's why you guys are backward politically. I know several people who voted against Atiku because his deputy was Igbo. And it's not like the north hates you people. Igbos hate northerners and insult them day and night on social media. Since aboki can't respond to the insults, he has vowed never to let them have political satisfaction.
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by DamolaIbrahim: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
oyatz:
Although I don't like replying you but for the benefit of neutral readers.

1) The PDP is NOT the same thing as Igbo

2) All Politics is local. The local politics in Osun, Oyo ,Bauchi ,Kano and Sokoto States showed an increasing desire to support or oppose certain key Political actors in that States. It is not necessarily for the love of PDP or Igbo as you wrongly assume.

Oh...so you are no longer shouting 'PDP is IPOB' because Aboki Don show you say we Yoruba no fit deceive dem. grin grin

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Bede2u(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
Kundagarten:

Kwankwaso or Tambuwal on a ticket is more of a sure banker.
Kwankwaso/Obi or Ekweremadu would win not just the north but SE and SS also.
Did you notice El Rufai just managed a "win" even though he had all the apparatus of state and fed govt.
in his own state oh...not to talk of larger nigeria...these yorubas are very funny.

Kwankwaso will win any yoruba candidate presented

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by mrbock: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2019
BafanaBafana:

Northerners didn't vote for APC or PDP, they voted for Buhari. They also voted out non performing governors irrespective of party. I wonder how that translated into aligning with SE. That's why you guys are backward politically. I know several people who voted against Atiku because his deputy was Igbo. And it's not like the north hates you people. Igbos hate northerners and insult them day and night on social media. Since aboki can't respond to the insults, he has vowed never to let them have political satisfaction.

For the love of God how are the Igbo backward politically?

prior to 2015
the igbo - North west - north central - south south alliance have been producing presidents

the north east and SW were always been split

so I don't get your drift bro

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by cowardafonja: 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
jidamsel43:
The bona fide Yorubas like myself will never support Igbo bid for president

I'm a yoruba too but I support Igbo presidency come 2023. Believe me, that's the only way forward.

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by cowardafonja: 5:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
Chinashopping84:

Lol.do you think north would want to be against the south..The only politically stronghold of the south is south west.Keep your pity to yourself...If YORUBA contest they would surely win.Check my siggy for your chinese rmb

We, yorubas know that those of you who speak in this tone are out to decieve us. You are likely not yoruba person. Come 2023…we are going to support Igbo presidency massively cos that's the only way forward for this country.

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by cowardafonja: 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
gurnam:

A Fashola / El-Rufai ticket in 2023 will kill anything PDP brings to the table grin

Don't allow yourself to be used by the likes of tinubu. those are the political criminals we will later do away with in yoruba land. those of us who understand that future of this country lies in equity will happily support an Igno president in 2023 and shun tinubu and his greedy ambition

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by cowardafonja: 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:
I hate rubbish... This op I not a yoruba man....

He is from ebonyi state.....
I hate clannish behaviours.....trash.
You might just be wrong. I'm a yoruba too but i support the op whole heartedly

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Guestlander: 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
Account registered today April 9, 2019

Op is not Yoruba.
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by klasys(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2019
Meaning you will support Yoruba in first term, but refused to support them for second term when they marginalized SS.

That's kind of support they gave Jonathan

Kundagarten:
On
of the SS let me just reiterate that if there is a Yoruba presidential candidate in 2023, we the people of SS we give the Yorubas the level of support they gave Jonathan.
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
cowardafonja:

You might just be wrong. I'm a yoruba too but i support the op whole heartedly

Continue lying to yourself......u hear
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by klasys(m): 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
I did not even bother to check OP profile before I know, he's igbo
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Guestlander: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2019
DamolaIbrahim:

Demola Ibrahim? Lwkmd. Will you still impersonate Yoruba on election day?
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by rummmy: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2019
Kundagarten:
On behalf of the SS let me just reiterate that if there is a Yoruba presidential candidate in 2023, we the people of SS we give the Yorubas the level of support they gave Jonathan.
i love the word level of support

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by cowardafonja: 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Continue lying to yourself......u hear
Can you explain what you mean in clear terms please?

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Mace0lane: 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
That is okay so long it’s the level of support we gave him in 2011 that is more than efficient

Kundagarten:
On behalf of the SS let me just reiterate that if there is a Yoruba presidential candidate in 2023, we the people of SS we give the Yorubas the level of support they gave Jonathan.
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by rummmy: 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2019
gurnam:

Every election has it own peculiarities and nuances.

Fashola / El Rufai ticket will deal massive blow on any PDP combination
no be only.... They will not even win in kaduna and Lagos.
(1)el rufai is not sellable nationwide, he is even like a taboo in kaduna state.
(2) both are Muslims and the comb is DOA.
(3)TINUBU been a greedy fellow will not support fashola for the highest office, he also is interested.
(4)just as it is done in the masque, a northern Muslim will not allow a yoruba Muslim lord over him
(5)south east and south south as well as middle belt will never vote for a Yoruba man unless they all produce president too like Yoruba have done.

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by nwadiuko1(m): 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
BafanaBafana:

but if they had voted to retain their Apc governors, it would have been a vote for APC and yoruba "sufferstication" abi........ chai una sef

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by DamolaIbrahim: 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
rummmy:
no be only.... They will not even win in kaduna and Lagos.
(1)el rufai is not sellable nationwide, he is even like a taboo in kaduna state.
(3)TINUBU been a greedy fellow will not support fashola for the highest office, he also is interested.
(4)just as it is done in the masque, a northern Muslim will not allow a yoruba Muslim lord over him
(5)south east and south south as well as middle belt will never vote for a Yoruba man unless they all produce president too like Yoruba have done.

You are very correct. We Yoruba are too overconfident about future elections because we won two elections out of 8 previous national elections. We need to stop beating our chests like gorillas. The PDP we claimed is an 'IPOB' is being voted for massively in the north and remains very strong financially and otherwise.

We should be worried that Abokis are not buying our Yoruba anti-pdp propaganda. Even OYO and osun will vote PDP in 2023.

IboIBO 2023!

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by Ziggylady(f): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
DamolaIbrahim:

You are very correct. We Yoruba are too overconfident about future elections because we won two elections out of 8 previous national elections. We need to stop beating our chests like gorillas. The PDP we claimed is an 'IPOB' is being voted for massively in the north and remains very strong financially and otherwise.

We should be worried that Abokis are not buying our Yoruba anti-pdp propaganda. Even OYO and osun will vote PDP in 2023.

IboIBO 2023!

LWKMD! grin

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by gurnam: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2019
rummmy:
[s]no be only.... They will not even win in kaduna and Lagos.
(5)south east and south south as well as middle belt will never vote for a Yoruba man unless they all produce president too like Yoruba have done.[/s]

You are writing as an Ibo, I understand
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by gurnam: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
cowardafonja:

[s]Don't allow yourself to be used by the likes of tinubu. those are the political criminals we will later do away with in yoruba land. those of us who understand that future of this country lies in equity will happily support an Igno president in 2023 and shun tinubu and his greedy ambition[/s]

When Ibo man start shouting equality, know that he has been cornered. An Ibo man is greedy and selfish by DNA, so any talk about equity is abnormal grin
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by cowardafonja: 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
gurnam:

When Ibo man start shouting equality, know that he has been cornered. An Ibo man is greedy and selfish by DNA, so any talk about equity is abnormal grin

Honestly, I think this kind of comment you are making here is part of why Hausa people see we yoruba people as betrayers and will never support us when we truly need them. Forget whatever promise APC is making to tinubu. They just wanted to use and dump him, and you know what? they have succeeded in doing just that. tinubu is a political greenhorn when it comes to national politics. Was this not what happened to awolowo? After everything he did for the North, they still trashed him like a pile of puke, and even threatened him to the point of taking his own life. What about abiola? See, I must be sincere with you. From my calculation, the only political future our yoruba nation has lies in our support to Igbo people. Let's shun pride and mend fences while we can.

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by gurnam: 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2019
cowardafonja:

[s]Honestly, I think this kind of comment you are making here is part of why Hausa people see we yoruba people as betrayers and will never support us when we truly need them. Forget whatever promise APC is making to tinubu. They just wanted to use and dump him, and you know what? they have succeeded in doing just that. tinubu is a political greenhorn when it comes to national politics. Was this not what happened to awolowo? After everything he did for the North, they still trashed him like a pile of puke, and even threatened him to the point of taking his own life. What about abiola? See, I must be sincere with you. From my calculation, the only political future our yoruba nation has lies in our support to Igbo people. Let's shun pride and mend fences while we can.[/s]

Garbage
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by NinjaMetahuman: 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
Kundagarten:
in 2011
right?
Flat head
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by cowardafonja: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
gurnam:

Garbage

I'm not surprised one bit. Such outrage is typical of illiterates and unresourceful dummies. But of course, deep in your heart, you know I'm saying nothing but the truth. Our votes come 2023 are for an Igbo presidential candidate except if none of them vie for the position. Those of you who think otherwise can vote whoever you want to. It's still within your right.

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by gurnam: 7:18pm On Apr 09, 2019
cowardafonja:

[s]I'm not surprised one bit. Such outrage is typical of illiterates and unresourceful dummies. But of course, deep in your heart, you know I'm saying nothing but the truth. Our votes come 2023 are for an Igbo presidential candidate except if none of them vie for the position. Those of you who think otherwise can vote whoever you want to. It's still within your right[/s].

Let the Ibo even win primaries of the parties first grin

Even your most ambitious politicians know the unreasonableness in that
Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by rummmy: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2019
gurnam:

You are writing as an Ibo, I understand
while you are reading as a Yoruba

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by oyatz(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
It's immature tribaliststs like you that equate Political parties with ethnic groups.

If PDP= Igbo, then what do you call Fayose,Sen Ademola Adeleke, Seyi Makinde, Jimi Agbaje, Bode George, Markarfi, Sure Lamido, Gov Ishaku Darius of Taraba State, Gov Ibrahim Dankwabo of Gombe State?

2019 Election:

PDP votes in SW= 1.7million

PDP votes in SE= 1.6million

DamolaIbrahim:

Oh...so you are no longer shouting 'PDP is IPOB' because Aboki Don show you say we Yoruba no fit deceive dem. grin grin

Re: Why We Yoruba Will Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 by oyatz(m): 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
Igbo and Yoruba are NOT Siamese twins,so feel free to support whoever you want and leave Yoruba to support whoever they like.

cowardafonja:

Honestly, I think this kind of comment you are making here is part of why Hausa people see we yoruba people as betrayers and will never support us when we truly need them. Forget whatever promise APC is making to tinubu. They just wanted to use and dump him, and you know what? they have succeeded in doing just that. tinubu is a political greenhorn when it comes to national politics. Was this not what happened to awolowo? After everything he did for the North, they still trashed him like a pile of puke, and even threatened him to the point of taking his own life. What about abiola? See, I must be sincere with you. From my calculation, the only political future our yoruba nation has lies in our support to Igbo people. Let's shun pride and mend fences while we can.

#buharichallenge: What Was Dele Momodu Insinuating From This His Statement? / God Forbid We Support The Actualization Of Biafra / Ojukwus Letter To Victor Banjo On "Liberating Yorubaland"

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93