Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

5 FREE Content Writing Tools Every Freelance Writer Should Use - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / 5 FREE Content Writing Tools Every Freelance Writer Should Use (1083 Views)

Freelance Writer(s) Needed : N1 Per Word / Need Freelance Writer For A Blog / Final Day: Hire Me Now And Get Free Content. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 FREE Content Writing Tools Every Freelance Writer Should Use by KoladeKoded(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2019
Truth be told, content writing is a challenging task.

The process of going from an empty canvas with a blinking cursor to a editorial masterpiece involves thorough research, outlining content framework, writing and optimizing the content after publishing.

Even if you have a great deal of writing skill and dexterity, you need to be disciplined to keep churning out top-notch, valuable content every time.

However challenging as it may be, there are some content writing tools I use which makes the journey a smooth sail.

These five content writing tools have helped me work more efficiently and I hope they can do the same for you.

Let’s dive in quickly.

#1: Google Keyword Planner

When writing content for the web, you need to have the search engine in mind so your potential audience can find you when they search for the value and information your content provides.

Google keyword planner is a keyword research tool that helps you uncover low competition keywords which you can optimize your content around and rank high on the search engine results in little or no time.

The tool is free and shows you the data trend, search volume and competitiveness of keywords.

#2: HubSpot Blog Topic Generator

Your article is incomplete without an eye-catching title that would capture the attention of your reader to read through to the end of the content.

HubSpot Blog Topic Generator would help you in generating killer blog post titles.

All you need to do is insert the keywords (about three nouns relevant to the niche you’re targeting) and the tool will generate content title ideas for you easily.

#3: Google Docs

Every content writer knows the importance of a great text editor as they determine how fast you’d write.

When it comes to text editor tools, I give it to Google Docs. Asides providing you with an awesome text editing interface, it also makes it easy to collaborate and share your works with clients.

You can format your content, insert images and even add links while writing. You can also use the in-built spell check feature to correct grammar errors and incorrect words while writing with Google Docs.

Google Docs is free and can be used online or offline once you have a gmail account.

#4: Grammarly

Even if you’re an English major, you’re still subject to making grammatical and contextual mistakes while writing.

Grammarly is the best spelling and grammar checker on the internet and helps you spot errors in your articles and also correct them.

It helps you make your article readable to your audience.

It checks your content for grammar error, spelling error and even punctuation mistakes and helps you create an error-free article.

There is a free and premium version. The premium version comes with a lot more more features like missing prepositions, plagiarism checker and it goes for $11.

#5: Canva

When you create content, you need to lace them with catchy images so your article can be more presentable to your reader.

Canva helps you create attractive images for your content.

With Canva, you can create various type of images for your blog posts and social media channels.

The tool is free to use and contains hundreds of free design templates, backgrounds, images and icons and thousands more for a one-time fee of $1 each.

With Canva, you will be able to create professional quality images without spending too much on an expensive graphic designer.

So, those are the free content writing tools I use from start to finish in creating a bookmark-worthy blog post.

Which of this content writing tools helps you the most in your content writing game?

SOURCE: The Affiliate Plug

1 Like

Re: 5 FREE Content Writing Tools Every Freelance Writer Should Use by Premiumwriter: 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
Nice one.
Google doc is Bae

1 Like

Re: 5 FREE Content Writing Tools Every Freelance Writer Should Use by streem26: 10:08am On Jun 24, 2019
I use most of these tools. My main tool is a pocket notebook such as https://onplanners.com/notebooks/best-pocket-notebooksI use mine to jot down simple ideas that I may or may not use later. If I get an idea for a plot I write down a quick synopsis. If I hear a name I like, I write it down. If I hear a quote, or think of a quote I would like to hear, I write it down. If I see a place that would make a good setting, I write down a description. I rarely write down full sentences or paragraphes, just a bunch of abbreviated thoughts.

1 Like

Re: 5 FREE Content Writing Tools Every Freelance Writer Should Use by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
You can also use this conclusion generator to get more ideas on your essay's ending. There are a lot of useful tools too.

(1) (Reply)

(Updated) Writer Needed For WEEKLY JOBS @ 1 Naira/Word / Anyone Or Marketer Interested In Financing The Production Of My Scripts / Writers Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.