Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria (96814 Views)

How I Sold 50,000 Unit Of My Sandals On Facebook / Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. / Banks In Port-Harcourt Accused Of Electricity Theft (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Olayinka777(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
suco01:

If I may ask, can't one pay the debt at once

Sure u can
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by suco01(m): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Olayinka777:

Sure u can

Pls explain how to do that, cos someone said once preapid meter is installed we should pay the previous balance they way we pay it before that it won't reflect on the prepaid meter.
Pls explain how to do it
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Olayinka777(m): 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
suco01:

Pls explain how to do that, cos someone said once preapid meter is installed we should pay the previous balance they way we pay it before that it won't reflect on the prepaid meter.
Pls explain how to do it
U will simply go to their office to get it done.
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by uzobtc: 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
We help you to conviniently buy Aedc electricity units for your prepaid meter using our website. It's fast, easy and secured. You can also pay for your DStv, Gotv and Startimes subscription too.

Why not give us a try when next you need to buy electricity

Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Fistop: 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Please what's the percentage that IKEJA ELECTRIC deducts each time you load a Pre-Paid meter which has about N250,000 debt. I was just given a Pre-Paid meter which the outstanding debt attached to the meter.
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Kenneylee(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2021
Fistop:
Please what's the percentage that IKEJA ELECTRIC deducts each time you load a Pre-Paid meter which has about N250,000 debt. I was just given a Pre-Paid meter which the outstanding debt attached to the meter.

50% of any amount you recharge … 50% is used to service the debt and you get 50% worth of the amount you recharge
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Megilicious(f): 1:31am On Apr 24, 2021
Pls i loaded 6k and got 20units which is very small to me..i bought from buy power and they charged 798 as cost of electric bill..i dont understand
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by salake(m): 3:50am On Apr 24, 2021
Megilicious:
Pls i loaded 6k and got 20units which is very small to me..i bought from buy power and they charged 798 as cost of electric bill..i dont understand
too much
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Megilicious(f): 7:03am On Apr 24, 2021
salake:
too much

Pls wats to much and where do you buy units frm pls
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by samsard(m): 7:41am On Apr 24, 2021
Megilicious:
Maybe there's debt on your meter. I get about 100 for 5k.
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Megilicious(f): 8:06am On Apr 24, 2021
samsard:

Ok pls where do u buy from...i used buy power
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by samsard(m): 8:06am On Apr 24, 2021
Megilicious:

Ok pls where do u buy from...i used buy power
I also use Buypower. But maybe you should contact them to know the reason for it. Even if you're owing, it's not fair to give only 20 units for 6k.
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Megilicious(f): 8:11am On Apr 24, 2021
samsard:

And does apartment also determine ..like shey pple living in 3bdroom and 1room...will it attract lower or lesser units...
Tanks for response in advance
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Megilicious(f): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2021
samsard:
I also use Buypower. But maybe you should contact them to know the reason for it. Even if you're owing, it's not fair to give only 20 units for 6k.

I was surprised and angry
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by samsard(m): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2021
Megilicious:

And does apartment also determine ..like shey pple living in 3bdroom and 1room...will it attract lower or lesser units...
Tanks for response in advance
It shouldn't. The only difference is people enjoying over 12 hours/day monthly average with the higher charges, which should still fetch roughly about 100 units for 5k.
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Megilicious(f): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2021
samsard:
And also sth abt cost of electricity is 798 i dnt understand pls
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by samsard(m): 8:22am On Apr 24, 2021
Megilicious:

And also sth abt cost of electricity is 798 i dnt understand pls
Is it a new prepaid? If so, was there any outstanding bills on the apartment account? It's possible that they're deducting the debt, because truly 798 should probably fetch around about 20 units.
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Gopitoto: 12:51pm On May 02, 2021
Good afternoon guys....During the 5th anniversary of Buypower I won a token from them (10k) units....So I want to sell it. Anyone that is interested, living in Port Harcourt an using prepaid meter should quote me... I need the money so that I can use it for my school fee
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by easycoolll(m): 12:13am On Jul 24, 2021
Hi
Please I am very new to this meter thing

If I have about 6.21 units left , is my meter supposed to be beeping red

And also what unit amount would prevent it from doing that
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by mairaphuns: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ayeeeee ooo ��‍♂️.
Bought 5k token, recharged it then got 8.17units . �

Are these guys normal ?? IKEJA Electric ⚡️
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by ARFON: 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
mairaphuns:
Ayeeeee ooo ��‍♂️.

lozz you are owning arrears
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Shekponsky1: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2021
Me too oo, ikeja electricity distribution company, I don't understand oo. There charges are high than others. Don't know the rational behind it, How can 10k give 174.3 unit. Haba, make una dey fear God oo.
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by ravensckar(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
easycoolll:
Hi
Please I am very new to this meter thing

If I have about 6.21 units left , is my meter supposed to be beeping red

And also what unit amount would prevent it from doing that
Have you been able to get an answer to this? I'm presently in this condition as regards the apartment I just moved to.

My meter is showing 07 Units (above) and below it's showing something like 1238 Kwh.

Somebody should explain please.

PS- the LED light is switching from yellow to red.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by ItrendNaija(m): 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2021
mairaphuns:
Ayeeeee ooo ��‍♂️.

Omoo!!! 8.17units for 5k? Something no right. This kind this Na to just chat them live in real time make them explain why. Download their app from app store or playstore.

Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
Megilicious:

That mean you're on 33KVA

11KVA is cheaper but more epileptic
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2021
samsard:

Big lie
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by samsard(m): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Big lie
You mean I don't get 100 units for 5k?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
samsard:
You mean I don't get 100 units for 5k?

It's 19.2kwh X 5=96kwh for 5k
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by samsard(m): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

It's 19.2kwh X 5=96kwh for 5k

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2021
[quote author=samsard post=105215481][/quote]

Thanks.
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by Abiscky(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
Please, how do I know the total units on my meter and the equivalent amount? I just moved in to an apartment and was told there's ₦15,000 worth of power on the meter. Is there a way I can confirm this please?

It's a mojec prepaid meter (EKEDC)

odimbannamdi:
I just recharged my pre-paid meter for the first time since installation in April/May.

I was made to understand that my first recharge would be at least 10,000naira as i needed to offset the units i had been using for the past 5months.

So, afer paying 10,000naira, i was given a slip containing the token. The slip reflect that i had paid a debt of 7,200naira, and that the remaining 2,800naira (VAT inclusive) got me 111.2units.

Diving 2,800naira by 111.2units gives circa 24naira/kwh. I think thats what i am being charged per unit.

I made this subscription last week Thursday, and i just checked my machine now and discovered that i use an average of 1.3kwh daily, and i am not even efficient with energy as i have 2 units of 100watts yellow bulb plus an 80watts deep freezer that was left on all through the weekend. For an area that boasts of an average of 14hours light daily, thats not bad.

So, if i divide 104.7 (my remaining units) by 1.3, that means i will have 80days until the unit gets exhausted. I am really enjoying this. Maybe i will just buy 10,000naira worth of units (almost 400units), topup and forget all about PHCN light issue for at least a year while i work out an alternate source of electricity for the period of power failure

I am reporting from EKEDC.

Cheers guys!
Re: How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria by cybersoldiers: 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
Megilicious:

Ikeja Electric?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) / Who Are The Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria Now? / Betonmarket Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.