Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? (706 Views)

Is Yoruba Nation A Christian Agenda?— Islamic Body Warns Church / 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says / N200m Water Fountain In Benin, Oshiomhole Built: See The Current State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2019
The current state of our nation is becoming worrisome. Hardly would a day pass without reading of killings of scores almost in every part of Nigeria. I picked up a leading newspaper today in the office and all I could see was killings in zamfara, kajuru, suicide bombing in Borno,kidnapping of a fire fighter boss in lagos alongside his colleagues, assassination of a retired police officer in the east and the comma state of his daughter in law who witnessed the scene. Kidnapping of a major politician's son in abuja, dropping of the Nigerian economy as reported by world bank etc. I wonder what our leaders are doing about it.

Are those who left power 4 years ago still responsible for these woes and vices or our current leadership are deliberately nonchalant about all the happenings around the country? Somebody please help me out. The state of insecurity in states like Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Zamfara, Kaduna, Taraba and Katsina calls for a great concern as they remain unabated.
Down south, the rate at which kidnappers are having a field day is worrisome. Drug abuse among our youth is on the rise. 3 boys were reported dead in imo over sex rump with a girl after mixing tramadol with other drug substance...these aren't good news sad

It's been long since I last heard or read about...

new achievement in science,

commissioning of a new hospital,

improved economy,

educational growth

growth in infrastructure

new job creation

commissioning of new industries

development in technology and inventions, etc...

Where have all these gone...why have they vanished suddenly from our space? Are we more populated than China or India? What's the solution...secession?

Where the government had executed one project or the other, it hardly lasts 6 months before such infrastructure would go bad. I was in port Harcourt airport immediately after the wing was commissioned and 1 month later, I flew from same airport to lagos and couldn't believe same airport was commissioned a month earlier. Most of the seats have pulled out. The AC had stopped working and installations were already pulling off. What's wrong with us in this country? Please Nigerians, are we not bothered at all or are we just pretending everything was ok?

I know of a couple who are civil servants and nearing their retirement age. They have 4 children who are all graduates, 2 girls and 2 boys. After their nysc, they're still being fed by their ageing parents. They still live with them, instead of being in their own apartments and giving back to their parents. Is it not someone who's got a good job that would think of marriage? The eldest child had to take up a security job in an eatry where he's being paid 25k monthly...a graduate of international relations from a reputable university with a 2.1. The 3 others sweep houses in lagos to survive

Our boys are growing up to be men yet, they are single and afraid of even getting married. While our girls are even ageing faster and without jobs in their mid/late 30s. When exactly would they start planning a family? No future benefits from the government for them. They're simply on their own.

Those who can't endure take to vices like armed robbery and kidnapping whilst their female counterparts turn into artistos, parading their God given talents meant for their husbands on dating sites. Many have fallen victims of ritualists and STDs while the Male ones have fallen in the course of robbery and kidnapping, paying the price for their impatience.

Are our problems leadership and if it is, what do we do before things get out of hands...? We heard of a governor telling lies about the casualty figure in a particular state earlier this year which incited the anger of a particular ethnic group, leading to regular killings in that region up till last night.

Have we really sat down and told ourselves the truth about the state of our nation for a moment? Have we really sat down and pondered on it for a minute, waiving aside sentiments? Are the children of our leaders sharing in the sufferings? Are we not architect of our misfortune? What do we do Nigerians? Our country is tending towards a failed state...please drop your ideas.
Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by Pentasoft1978: 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
Answers in 2 words...."Bad leadership"
Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by SarkinYarki: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2019
It's next level na
Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by otosa(m): 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
Nigeria is no care Country. Do your own let me do mine.
Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by olyrayy(m): 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
fairfora:
The current state of our nation is becoming worrisome. Hardly would a day pass without reading of killings of scores almost in every part of Nigeria. I picked up a leading newspaper today in the office and all I could see was killings in zamfara, kajuru, suicide bombing in Borno,kidnapping of a fire fighter boss in lagos alongside his colleagues, assassination of a retired police officer in the east and the comma state of his daughter in law who witnessed the scene. Kidnapping of a major politician's son in abuja, dropping of the Nigerian economy as reported by world bank etc. I wonder what our leaders are doing about it.

Are those who left power 4 years ago still responsible for these woes and vices or our current leadership are deliberately nonchalant about all the happenings around the country? Somebody please help me out. The state of insecurity in states like Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Zamfara, Kaduna, Taraba and Katsina calls for a great concern as they remain unabated.
Down south, the rate at which kidnappers are having a field day is worrisome. Drug abuse among our youth is on the rise. 3 boys were reported dead in imo over sex rump with a girl after mixing tramadol with other drug substance...are these aren't good news sad

improved economy,

educational growth

growth in infrastructure

new job creation

Where have all these gone...why have they vanished suddenly from our space? Are we more populated than China or India? What's the solution...secession?

Where the government had executed one project or the other, it hardly lasts 6 months before such infrastructure would go bad. I was in port Harcourt airport immediately after the wing was commissioned and 1 month later, I flew from same airport to lagos and couldn't believe same airport was commissioned a month earlier. Most of the seats have pulled put. The AC had stopped working and installations were already pulling off. What's wrong with us in this country? Please Nigerians, are we not bothered at all or are we just pretending everything was ok?

I know of a couple who are civil servants and nearing their retirement age. They have 4 children who are all graduates, 2 girls and 2 boys. After their nysc, they're still being fed by their ageing parents. They still live with them, instead of being in their own apartments and giving back to their parents. Is it someone who's got a good job that would think of marriage? The eldest child had to take up a security job in an eatry where he's being paid 25k monthly...a graduate of international relations from a reputable university with a 2.1. The 3 others sweep houses in lagos to survive

Our boys are growing up to be men yet, they are single and afraid of even getting married. While our girls are even ageing faster and without jobs in their mid/late 30s. When exactly would they start planning a family? No future benefits from the government for them. They're simply on their own.

Those who can't endure take to vices like armed robbery and kidnapping whilst their female counterparts turn into artistos, parading their God given talents meant for their husbands on dating sites. Many have fallen victims of ritualists and STDs while the Male ones have fallen in the course of robbery and kidnapping, paying the price for their impatience.

Are our problems leadership and if it is, what do we do before things get out of hands...? We heard of a governor telling lies about the casualty figure in a particular state earlier this year which incited the anger of a particular ethnic group, leading to regular killings in that region up till last night.

Have we really sat down and told ourselves the truth about the state of our nation for a moment? Have we really sat down and pondered on it for a minute, waiving aside sentiments? Are the children of our leaders sharing in the sufferings? Are we not architect of our misfortune? What do we do Nigerians? Our country is tending towards a failed state...please drop your ideas.

Hmmmm... You care for a private chat
Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by bishopkay: 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2019
Pentasoft1978:
Answers in 2 words...."Bad leadership"

No Bro... It's more like bad followership. You talk and some set of rabid attack dogs come for you calling you IPOB and wailer and athiekulooter and all the sorts.

The truth has become an anathema to some people all because of partisan affiliation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 10, 2019
The most painful part is that, same Nigerians stood all forms of protests, calling them Igbos and Buhari enemies, encouraged Nass siege, destroyed the judiciary, encouraged unexplained loans etc...

What tool is left to challenge the govt today that would gain even 10% traction.. nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
fairfora:

Down south, the rate at which kidnappers are having a field day is worrisome. Drug abuse among our youth is on the rise. 3 boys were reported dead in imo over sex rump with a girl after mixing tramadol with other drug substance...these aren't good news sad

improved economy,

educational growth

growth in infrastructure

new job creation

Where the government had executed one project or the other, it hardly lasts 6 months before such infrastructure would go bad. I was in port Harcourt airport immediately after the wing was commissioned and 1 month later, I flew from same airport to lagos and couldn't believe same airport was commissioned a month earlier. Most of the seats have pulled out. The AC had stopped working and installations were already pulling off. What's wrong with us in this country? Please Nigerians, are we not bothered at all or are we just pretending everything was ok?

I know of a couple who are civil servants and nearing their retirement age. They have 4 children who are all graduates, 2 girls and 2 boys. After their nysc, they're still being fed by their ageing parents. They still live with them, instead of being in their own apartments and giving back to their parents. Is it not someone who's got a good job that would think of marriage? The eldest child had to take up a security job in an eatry where he's being paid 25k monthly...a graduate of international relations from a reputable university with a 2.1. The 3 others sweep houses in lagos to survive

As Nigerians, we should do our part. We should stop celebrating mediocrity. The family, as thé bedrock of thé society, should be strengthened. The problem with Nigeria is the problem of us all. A leader is only as good as thé people they lead! Thé leaders we have come from thé society and they are a reflection of what out society is today. They are a reflection of what thé family is today.
Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2019
Educational growth kedoes ministry of education still exist? ?? The only working sector is politics and appointments. ..
Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by agbangam: 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
As baba in power dull na so everything just dull for Nigeria undecided...
PMB just dey disappoint Nigerians per second. angry
Re: The Current State Of The Nation...a Move Towards A Failed State? by flokii: 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
It's so sad honestly.. Life no longer has meaning to people in the most populous black nation on earth.

#whichwayNigeria

(1) (Reply)

Isoko Group Demands For Ministerial Position For Fairness And Equity In Delta. / 2023: Tinubu And Igbo Will Never Be Nigeria President – Miyetti Allah Declares / BREAKING: Fashola Lists Alleged Corrupt Contractors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.