Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

"Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" (28557 Views)

Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back / Assault Of Nigerian Passengers At Togo Airport: Minister, Envoy Intervene / Trailer Nearly Landed On A Bus Filled With Passengers At Berger Cement Bustop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:51am On Apr 10, 2019
And the people who have never stepped outside of the shores of Nigeria will start comparing what and where they are yet to experience.... undecided����

Who knows why it happened? Who knows what God prevented by their dropping them off by car.

She can still say she "flew" to Warri...���
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by dnawah(m): 6:54am On Apr 10, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A Nigerian lady has taken to social media to call out a Nigerian airline she accused of dropping it passengers halfway through flight.

The lady identified as @iamvic3 on twitter alleged that AeroContractors took them on a flight from Abuja to Warri, but ended the flight at Benin Airport, before hiring a car to take them on the rest of the journey by road.

She wrote:

Imagine paying for flight from Abuja to Warri only for AeroContractors to drop you at Benin airport then put you in a car to Warri Nigeria my country.

But while reacting to the post, a certain commentator mentioned that it is not a new occurrence as he has experienced such too, and it even happened in a developed country. Though he was eventually compensated.

https://lailasnews.com/lady-accuses-airline-of-dropping-passengers-halfway-through-flight/

na to avoid crash,sweet heart.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by Tyche(m): 7:15am On Apr 10, 2019
That's how they do it, seems it's only Arik that goes to Warri directly
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by Neoteny(m): 7:35am On Apr 10, 2019
Thank your lucky stars

That plane developed problems they didn't want to tell you about for marketing reasons.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by Jizzy911: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2019
My dear, no flight company wants out of business. We go don be weather or mechanical fault. All to save the lives of the passengers on board. As annoying as it can be, na who dey alive dey fit talk story oo...
passey:

Oga leave Aviator matter for here, that earo airline na agbofure for airlines... Their plane and people dey wacky

They can distort travel plan ehnnn
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2019
I can"t believe the woman is complaining, it must be a Safety issue. It's no problem. Even British Airways could have done the same. Ssfety is paramount.

Perhaps it's her first time of frlying.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 10, 2019
Jizzy911:
My dear, no flight company wants out of business. We go don be weather or mechanical fault. All to save the lives of the passengers on board. As annoying as it can be, na who dey alive dey fit talk story oo...
Absolutely Correct, i d rather walk from Benin to warri than perish on a faulty Airplane.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by emeksdonalds(m): 8:10am On Apr 10, 2019
Before a pilot takes off, he files a flight plan stating the destination aerodrome and alternate aerodrome.. However, a pilot can choose to land in his alternate aerodrome if he would have issues with getting to the destination..... Everything the airline did is within law.. They landed in Benin and then took care of the logistics to warri.... What if a fault with the engine made them to do so?
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2019
izombie:
the thing here is information. I bet when you are going to shajar on an emirates flight you already know that you will be put on a bus in dubai to shajar. That's totally different from being dropped off in dubai and then told that you will be put on a bus. Were the passengers informed before buying the tickets to warri? I bet they were not because the lady was surprised.
They don't have to inform them before they buy the ticket. It could have been an Emergency. Emergency decision can be made without informing the parssengers in Advance.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by Sagay212: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2019
But these useless airlines will never compensate you for delayed flight. They will never allow you board if you are 5 minutes late to boarding time all because they want you to pay extra for another flight. But they can do this rubbish and expect people to understand and cooperate with them.

1 Like

Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by chokovirus: 8:39am On Apr 10, 2019
You are very much on point. On my last trip to Germany, i had my flight from Nuremberg to Frankfurt cancelled without prior notice. Lufthansa arranged a taxi for same journey.
PeachtreeReside:
And the people who have never stepped outside of the shores of Nigeria will start comparing what and where they are yet to experience.... undecided����

Who knows why it happened? Who knows what God prevented by their dropping them off by car.

She can still say she "flew" to Warri...���

1 Like

Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2019
erico2k2:

NO, they should have provided another plane to fly from Benin to warri
bad weather in warrior could have prompted the flight stop. Would they have preferred to crash due to bad weather or taken safely the rest if the way by road? I'm damn sure they got a comfortable vehicle to take them the rest of the way. Its just 45 minutes. We all know the SS has been having funny weather changes since January from heavy rains to very misty skies.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by luluman: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2019
dabocity:
Nigeria!!!
You just heard that it happens in developed countries too. Why call Nigeria?
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by baratech: 11:03am On Apr 10, 2019
It happens in developed countries sef... Nothing new or strange..

They should have informed you ahead... Or if there was an issue with the flight, then you should be compensated for the inconveniences
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by Cantonese: 11:07am On Apr 10, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A Nigerian lady has taken to social media to call out a Nigerian airline she accused of dropping it  passengers halfway through flight.

The lady identified as @iamvic3 on twitter alleged that AeroContractors took them on a flight from Abuja to Warri, but ended the flight at Benin Airport, before hiring a car to take them on the rest of the journey by road.

She wrote:

Imagine paying for flight from Abuja to Warri only for AeroContractors to drop you at Benin airport then put you in a car to Warri  Nigeria my country.

But while reacting to the post, a certain commentator mentioned that it is not a new occurrence as he has experienced such too, and it even happened in a developed country. Though he was eventually compensated.

https://lailasnews.com/lady-accuses-airline-of-dropping-passengers-halfway-through-flight/

The "dropped" mentioned was it in the air at the airport? Abi e don be bus when you fit "drop" along anywhere before or after your bus stop.

Ok we also saw Benin airport and transport. If you no chop yam because of oil then because of oil you chop yam. Importantlt the journey ended safely at its destination. All passengers must thank God for safety. Many reasons can be deduced for such a behaviour. Let's thank God.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by erico2k2(m): 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
bad weather in warrior could have prompted the flight stop. Would they have preferred to crash due to bad weather or taken safely the rest if the way by road? I'm damn sure they got a comfortable vehicle to take them the rest of the way. Its just 45 minutes. We all know the SS has been having funny weather changes since January from heavy rains to very misty skies.
if the traveller wanted road travel they would have got on a bus, by the way, if there was a definitive reason why they could not continue to fly to the stated destination don't you think this would have been made known to the traveller? Where is the compensation?
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
erico2k2:

if the traveller wanted road travel they would have got on a bus, by the way, if there was a definitive reason why they could not continue to fly to the stated destination don't you think this would have been made known to the traveller? Where is the compensation?
don't forget this is Nigeria where we like to do i too know. She most possibly didn't read everything stated on the ticket. Even if she did, because she wants to create a trending topic, she won't state it. As for compensation, they might have been compensated too but as usual, will she talk? She just wants to trend. A bad unforseen weather could have prompted the stop in transit for 'Her's and other's safety' everything happens for a reason. It is an airline with reputation to protect. They won't just f:vck up this way for a few naira notes only to lose thousands of customers later cos of greed. They definitely had a good reason. She de go warri. Warri girls and Benin babes too like de rant sotey dem no de hear. Announcement stating flight stop must have been made and she might have blocked her ears with ear piece taking selfies. Why aren't the other passengers complaining except her abi na only she de the plane wey get social media access?
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by erico2k2(m): 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
don't forget this is Nigeria where we like to do i too know. She most possibly didn't read everything stated on the ticket. Even if she did, because she wants to create a trending topic, she won't state it. As for compensation, they might have been compensated too but as usual, will she talk? She just wants to trend. A bad unforseen weather could have prompted the stop in transit for 'Her's and other's safety' everything happens for a reason. It is an airline with reputation to protect. They won't just f:vck up this way for a few naira notes only to lose thousands of customers later cos of greed. They definitely had a good reason. She de go warri. Warri girls and Benin babes too like de rant sotey dem no de hear. Announcement stating flight stop must have been made and she might have blocked her ears with ear piece taking selfies. Why aren't the other passengers complaining except her abi na only she de the plane wey get social media access?
The only problem I see here is you assuming, first off, where you in the same plane with her?
have you experienced the non-challant attitude of these airliners in Nigeria? you are talking of bad weather, bad weather affects an Airport not just one plane.have you booked a valid ticket for a flight within Nigeria only to turn up you got no seat? or your flight get delayed for up to12 hours. The airlines in 9ja are xtreemly useless. Talking about reputation in Nigeria, please non is even close to that.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by dabocity(m): 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
luluman:

Name them please
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by dabocity(m): 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
luluman:

You are part of the people spoiling this country. I can see you are in support of their action. Hope common sense falls on you.
Re: "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" by luluman: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
dabocity:

You are part of the people spoiling this country. I can see you are in support of their action. Hope common sense falls on you.
And hope the UNCOMMON one descend on you sef.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge Is Locked Down / 4-year-old Boy Washed Away By Flood In Lagos. Photos / Sudan: NAF Hercules C130 Departs To Evacuate stranded Nigerians From Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.