Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! (10510 Views)

Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? / Any Issues With Honda City 2010??? / Problem With Honda Pilot 2004 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by mcevans1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
Sharmeenator:
Hmmm!

What do you think about an Acura TL? 03 model precisely?
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by okoroemeka(m): 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
whatever car you are buying pls change your mechanic, don't let him inspect or certifie the car you are buying next and don't let him work on it,I used a Nigeria driven Honda baby boy for 4 years and I am surprised by your tale of woes,that car is reliable,final full stop,That incompetent mechanic is the cause of your problems,how can a mechanic not spot rust issue in a car underneath,he was obviously compromised.

5 Likes

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Natmvaa: 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
@ op, based on my knowledge and experience on Honda products, Honda baby boy and Honda end of discussion are the best both in fuel consumption, maintenance and are most reliable with the right mechanic and spare part seller.
The baby boy you are complaining about, don't forget that it was initially used by someone else whom you weren't aware of how he used and maintained it. When you get a Nigerian used vehicle, (even a tokumbo vehicle ), it's expected that you get a knoledgable mechanic because not all mechanics out there are truly mechanics. Some of them are into try and error while some are there to dupe innocent vehicle owners.
Note that some mechanics out there are very genuine and you only need just one of this very good ones and all your problems are solved.

Also note that the believe that Honda products legs pulls unannounced on the road happens due to the following reasons :
1. The use of new boll joint. It's highly adviced that you avoid fixing new boll joint on your vehicle because the new boll joint is of low quality of metals. This is because you can hardly get the original new boll joints within the country. That's why it easily pulls or breaks while on motion. This why it's adviced that you go for the tokumbo since it's factory fitted. At least, with the tokumbo, you can drive your vehicle with ease but note that the cost is usually higher than the new ones.

2. Most vehicle owners fail to fix there vehicles though the vehicle keeps giving them signs. When a tokumbo boll joint is fix on your vehicle, when it get bad and needs to be replaced, it gives sign at least up to 4months and it doesn't just pull off. Except in the case of entering a ditch.

3. Being that tokumbo spare parts are usually more expensive than the new ones, also the fear of falling into the wrong hands while trying to buy tokumbo spare parts, vehicle owners prefer to go for the new ones. But certainly not the best since it can disappoint one at any time.

The best thing for every Honda product owner is, get the right spare parts dealer, the right mechanic, and the rest becomes history.

Yobo Honda once challenged me that Honda product doesn't pull legs and that at any point i meet a Honda product that pulls leg, that i should bring the boll joint to him. That if it's a tokumbo boll joint and not new one, that he will give me 10k.

For me, i started with Honda halla, to Honda crv, Toyota avalon, ford edge and currently, Honda Pilot and end of discussion. No complaints whatsoever. I still give it up to Honda.

My advice,
If you love your Honda baby boy and you are only tired of it because of all these issues, i advice you go back to it,
All you need to do is contact
Mr Yobo Honda via 08038497637/08120198180/08180551211/08056362976.
He deals with all kinds of Honda spare parts (tokumbo ) and will tell you the truth, and also link you to a good mechanic.
If you wish to give it a try, i believe you will have a different story to tell.

5 Likes

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Sharmeenator(m): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2019
Thank you! But in my case, the ball joint has never been changed and it didn't give any sign. I wasn't driving fast that night. I was running less than 70km/h because I had a bad fuel pump and it happened right on the third mainland bridge. I was really lucky that night.
Natmvaa:
@ op, based on my knowledge and experience on Honda products, Honda baby boy and Honda end of discussion are the best both in fuel consumption, maintenance and are most reliable with the right mechanic and spare part seller.
The baby boy you are complaining about, don't forget that it was initially used by someone else whom you weren't aware of how he used and maintained it. When you get a Nigerian used vehicle, (even a tokumbo vehicle ), it's expected that you get a knoledgable mechanic because not all mechanics out there are truly mechanics. Some of them are into try and error while some are there to dupe innocent vehicle owners.
Note that some mechanics out there are very genuine and you only need just one of this very good ones and all your problems are solved.

Also note that the believe that Honda products legs pulls unannounced on the road happens due to the following reasons :
1. The use of new boll joint. It's highly adviced that you avoid fixing new boll joint on your vehicle because the new boll joint is of low quality of metals. This is because you can hardly get the original new boll joints within the country. That's why it easily pulls or breaks while on motion. This why it's adviced that you go for the tokumbo since it's factory fitted. At least, with the tokumbo, you can drive your vehicle with ease but note that the cost is usually higher than the new ones.

2. Most vehicle owners fail to fix there vehicles though the vehicle keeps giving them signs. When a tokumbo boll joint is fix on your vehicle, when it get bad and needs to be replaced, it gives sign at least up to 4months and it doesn't just pull off. Except in the case of entering a ditch.

3. Being that tokumbo spare parts are usually more expensive than the new ones, also the fear of falling into the wrong hands while trying to buy tokumbo spare parts, vehicle owners prefer to go for the new ones. But certainly not the best since it can disappoint one at any time.

The best thing for every Honda product owner is, get the right spare parts dealer, the right mechanic, and the rest becomes history.

Yobo Honda once challenged me that Honda product doesn't pull legs and that at any point i meet a Honda product that pulls leg, that i should bring the boll joint to him. That if it's a tokumbo boll joint and not new one, that he will give me 10k.

For me, i started with Honda halla, to Honda crv, Toyota avalon, ford edge and currently, Honda Pilot and end of discussion. No complaints whatsoever. I still give it up to Honda.

My advice,
If you love your Honda baby boy and you are only tired of it because of all these issues, i advice you go back to it,
All you need to do is contact
Mr Yobo Honda via 08038497637/08120198180/08180551211/08056362976.
He deals with all kinds of Honda spare parts (tokumbo ) and will tell you the truth, and also link you to a good mechanic.
If you wish to give it a try, i believe you will have a different story to tell.

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Sharmeenator(m): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2019
I don't totally blame the Honda brand. Truly the leg issue is a big cause for concern, but my car wasn't well maintained by the previous owner, coupled with the fact I had a very incompetent mechanic which I later changed. I have used two mechanics after him but same story of incompetence. My current mechanic brought some stabilities, but the deed has been done. I need to move on. As for me o, Honda Accord is laye neva!

I will consider Honda Civic, or maybe Nissan Sentra, Ford focus, Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent... next because of the positive reviews I got here.

Thank you all for your contributions!
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by okoroemeka(m): 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2019
Sharmeenator:
I don't totally blame the Honda brand. Truly the leg issue is a big cause for concern, but my car wasn't well maintained by the previous owner, coupled with the fact I had a very incompetent mechanic which I later changed. I have used two mechanics after him but same story of incompetence. My current mechanic brought some stabilities, but the deed has been done. I need to move on. As for me o, Honda Accord is laye neva!

I will consider Honda Civic, or maybe Nissan Sentra, Ford focus, Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent... next because of the positive reviews I got here.

Thank you all for your contributions!
get Honda EOD or if u feel lucky a discussion continue,this are very good cars with prestige and finesse,u will be very happy inside an 05-07 Honda Accord v6,with leather seats and wooden trims,very happy!!

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by DonnyE(m): 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Haha, it's fun to bicker with him. grin

This is also a great option, OP. I usually recommend this for those looking for something in that budget range. Imo, it's a much better car than the Corolla of the same year. Bonus points if it's a manual, very fun to drive.
Please why do you refer to manual been better than the automatic?
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:33pm On Jun 30, 2019
DonnyE:

Honda makes some of the best manual transmissions, and manual Civics are just all-around more reliable and sportier than the autos.

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by 9icetoo(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
DonnyE:

The question wasn't directed at me but I will tell you this, Honda makes very good engines but are still teething when it comes to transmissions. They make some terrible and problematic auto transmissions.
Manual transmissions are bullet proof. If you are not averse to deign manual, get any Honda of your choice with a manual transmissions. You get to enjoy the best Honda has to offer.
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by DonnyE(m): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
9icetoo:

The question wasn't directed at me but I will tell you this, Honda makes very good engines but are still teething when it comes to transmissions. They make some terrible and problematic auto transmissions.
Manual transmissions are bullet proof. If you are not averse to deign manual, get any Honda of your choice with a manual transmissions. You get to enjoy the best Honda has to offer.
Informative, thanks
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by DonnyE(m): 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
9icetoo:

But please another question, is Volkswagen Jetta 2008 is good car to start with?
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Wigetsolar: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2019
No matter the model of civic, it doesnt have leg wahala.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by adeeva06(f): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2019
What do you think about Hyundai accent 2006?

nurey:

my best advice is to always buy a more recent car, the parts are always still available in brand new form there are some parts that shouldn't be bought as tokunbo.

since you are comfortable with manual I will advice you increase your budget to 700k, look for a 06 to 10 manual Kia Rio should fall within 500 to 600 and use the change to put it to taste.

The Rio leg works will still be solid and underbody won't have rust,u just do some bumper body and flash painting and it will last you a life time
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by nurey(m): 10:54am On Jul 03, 2019
adeeva06:
What do you think about Hyundai accent 2006?

I don't think, I know it's a good car to buy as long as you take care of it.
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by adeeva06(f): 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Thanks a lot.

nurey:

I don't think, I know it's a good car to buy as long as you take care of it.
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Sharmeenator(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2019
I finally bought the 2003 Civic after series of searches. More than 2 months after purchase, i'm happy I went for it. The car is strong, fast, and fuel efficient. I drove it from Lagos to Onitsha and back without any hitch. 11k fuel took us to Onitsha and back and I still used it within Lagos.

Meanwhile, I just created this thread. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.nairaland.com/5333632/should-change-synthetic-oil-high

2 Likes

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Holuwathoby(m): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sharmeenator:
I finally bought the 2003 Civic after series of searches. More than 2 months after purchase, i'm happy I went for it. The car is strong, fast, and fuel efficient. I drove it from Lagos to Onitsha and back without any hitch. 11k fuel took us to Onitsha and back and I still used it within Lagos.

Meanwhile, I just created this thread. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.nairaland.com/5333632/should-change-synthetic-oil-high

Please how much and where did you buy it.
manual or auto eventually?
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Sharmeenator(m): 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2019
550k. I bought from a guy in Lagos through OLX
Holuwathoby:

Please how much and where did you buy it.
manual or auto eventually?

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by 9icetoo(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2019
DonnyE:

But please another question, is Volkswagen Jetta 2008 is good car to start with?
Just seeing this but I hope you didn't buy that jetta as a first car.
You and rewire go be paddy
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Eldemmi(m): 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
Sharmeenator:
550k. I bought from a guy in Lagos through OLX
op please answer this is ur civic automatic transmission?
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Sharmeenator(m): 12:52am On Nov 02, 2019
Auto...still rocking the car without issue
Eldemmi:

op please answer this is ur civic automatic transmission?
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by ayoidan(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sharmeenator:

Please do you have the guys number?
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by fabienjoe: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sharmeenator:

Nairaland Auto section has indeed saved many lives. You could easily have ended up with a Nigerian (mis)used Audi, Ford, Volkswagen or Nissan...the closest anyone can get to hell while still here on Earth..

2 Likes

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Sharmeenator(m): 7:30am On Dec 01, 2019
Update:

Whoever said Honda cars are not rugged should try a Civic. After a rather sad experience with an Honda Accord Baby Boy, I swore never to buy an Honda again. After series of consultations during the search for a replacement car, I was advised to buy a Civic. Thank God I adhered to that. Civics are great, especially from 03 upward. Performance wise and fuel economy, I give it to Civic.

3 Likes

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by realphatphem: 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2019
Sharmeenator:
Update:

Whoever said Honda cars are not rugged should try a Civic. After a rather sad experience with an Honda Accord Baby Boy, I swore never to buy an Honda again. After series of consultations during the search for a replacement car, I was advised to buy a Civic. Thank God I adhered to that. Civics are great, especially from 03 upward. Performance wise and fuel economy, I give it to Civic.
Pls like how much you got your Honda civic. I'm also planing to get one soon. Naija used precisely. Besides, is it auto or manual you finally bought?
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by MedicH: 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
Pls kindly use ur small money and go buy corolla 01.
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Musty4ahmed1: 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
Sharmeenator:
Update:

Are you still driving the car or you have changed it? Update us with more of your experience please.
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Sharmeenator(m): 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
Musty4ahmed1:
Are you still driving the car or you have changed it? Update us with more of your experience please.

Yes I'm still driving it. I have travelled to the east and south-south with it on 2 occasions. Though I changed the transmission last year October. I learnt the former owner used a bad transmission fluid and I continued the bad culture using Honda Z1 which had been long discontinued but I didn't know until it was too late.

1 Like

Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Zane2point4(m): 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
Atleast you've seen first hand why someone suggested a camry in the thread you opened in 2017,isnt it better you did get it?

Well we learn by mistakes.
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Midemorayo(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2021
Nice update, am Toyota fan b4 but I was advice about Honda Civic when I sold my Toyota corolla 2007 base on some issues (Personal)
, I read reviews on nairaland for 3weeks about Honda civic, I pray to JEHOVAH to lead my decision. Sir/Ma, I brought Honda civic 2002, manual transmission on jiji I HAVE NEVER REGRETTED FOR A SECONDS. Now am a die hard HONDA FAN.
A friend name me Honda dáa pò.

No leg pull for civic, to me it's more fuel efficient than Corolla ( Plz do ur research)

Have ever ask yourself, if Honda is bad why do we still have many people driving Honda?
Do your research well.

Honda Civic, City, Jazz, Fit, Cr-v, Element, Accord (from 2008 Evil spirit) these are my passion.

Toyota bye � � �

Please buy Toyota is a very good and reliable car.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT WRITE REVIEWS ON HONDA CIVIC ON NAIRALAND, THANKS SO MUCH FOR LEAD ME TO WAY FORWARD. �������������������

quote author=Sharmeenator po84516509]Update:

Whoever said Honda cars are not rugged should try a Civic. After a rather sad experience with an Honda Accord Baby Boy, I swore never to buy an Honda again. After series of consultations during the search for a replacement car, I was advised to buy a Civic. Thank God I adhered to that. Civics are great, especially from 03 upward. Performance wise and fuel economy, I give it to Civic.[/quote]
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by adanny01(m): 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
Good for you
Re: My Unforgettable Experiences With Honda; Advice Needed! by Eldemmi(m): 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
you too see the light.. I am happy for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Safety Tips For Driving At Night / How Far Can You Drive Your Vehicle On Empty? / 10 Unique Ways To Extend Your Car's Lifespan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.